Author Topic: Fuzzy Math  (Read 909 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Fuzzy Math
« on: May 26, 2023, 06:35:27 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, May 26, 2023
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
9:02 AM  PDT

Sitting at her desk, Seleana Zdunich prepares for a special event later that day. There would be special events all weekend in honor of Memorial Day weekend. Friday was a children’s type party. There would be a “Brew At The Zoo” event on Saturday as well a film day on Sunday. Seleana was not going to be able to be present for all of them but some of the people who worked at the zoo like Dr. Michelle “Chavy” Chavez and Sam “Razorback” Matthews would be. Now, as Seleana goes over some final details on paper, Chavy and Razorback walk in and take seats on the other side of the desk.

Seleana Zdunich: We are ready, ja?

Both Chavy and Razorback nod. 

Dr. Michelle Chavez: We should be good.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: I’m with Chavy on this, we good.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: This will not be difficult on you, Chavy?

Chavy had recently told people she was pregnant by her boyfriend, Teddy Warren. Now nearly three months along, Chavy smiles, nodding happily.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Yeah, I’m blessed. This will be fun.

Razorback glances at his phone and nods his agreement.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: We got her, Boss. Everything’s gonna be fun. Don’t worry, we got people to watch over the Brew At The Zoo so she doesn’t have to be bothered with the booze thing.

Seleana nods approvingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Good, I am keen to see this go well.

Razorback smiles.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: I got some buddies coming over to help out.

He glances down at his phone again and Chavy giggles.

Seleana Zdunich: What is so funny?

Chavy nods at Razorback.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: He is looking for the guy he is sweet on, I believe is how Halo put it.

Razorback looks up, a look of confusion on his face. 

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: Huh?

Seleana can’t help but smile.

Seleana Zdunich: Is he?

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: It’s almost as cute as Dawn and Melly.

Seleana’s hand comes up to her mouth, an amused grin behind it.

Seleana Zdunich: That is beautiful. They are to be married, ja?

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: June 30th.

Seleana nods approvingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know which is funnier, that Melly is why Teddy does not have the company anymore and started dating his sister or that her sister started dating him and is going to bear his child.

Chavy laughs along with her.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: God works in mysterious ways.

Seleana nods her agreement and then turns her attention to Razorback.

Seleana Zdunich: So… who is he?

Caught off-guard, Razorback just sits there with his mouth open as Chavy laughs.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Do you know that man named Dixon that likes to talk about recognition he deserves, just won two championships?

Seleana nods.

SMC: His brother.

Seleana grins at Razorback.

Seleana Zdunich: He is cute, ja?

Still stunned this is even being discussed, Razorback just sits there searching for answers.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: I… uh… well, that is to say… um…

Seleana giggles and then nods to Chavy.

Seleana Zdunich: You’re right, it is too cute!

Razorback’s eyes go wide, his cheeks becoming redder the longer he remains seated.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Told ya!

Razorback can only shake his head as look down again, this time, hsi eyes closing in the process as the embarrassment washes over him.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: Laugh it up, y’all. Like it’s never happened to you.

Seleana and Chavy both continue to laugh.

Seleana Zdunich: Oh no, it has. I have gotten the lightning bolt over someone and so ha Chavy, ja?

Chavy nods her agreement.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Totes… but I’m not a built dude trying to hide it while I sneak a glance in front of my boss.   

Razorback nods as he looks up, a smile coming to his face.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: Yeah, ok, I like him… alright?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Now you must talk to him.

Chavy nods in agreement.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Yeah, you do… just not while you’re on the clock.

Chavy and Seleana both laugh all over again while Razorback sneaks one lat look before turning his phone off.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: Alright… I got it…

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Let us prepare for arrivals, ja?

Chavy and Razorback nod and all three stand, ready to get the day’s party started. 

On-Camera

Friday, May 26, 2023
Parking Lot
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
6:07 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing beside a staff side entrance door. Wearing a Zdunich Zoological Gardens t-shirt and black jeans along with a pair of brand new Air Jordan 1 High OG “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” that her wives had made sure were purchased
the second they were allowed to be. Crystal had made sure while buying sets for everyone in the house that they were ordered before they went on-sale to the public. Seleana had not minded waiting but Crystal had insisted on using connections that she tended to trumpet at times but didn’t get to use as often as she would like. These were for the special even earlier at the zoo so Seleana had allowed herself to be treated this one time. 

Seleana nods to the camera, smiling slightly as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: Reno…

The smile intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: It is almost like being home, ja?

She sits back, looking off from the camera as she contemplates the place in question.

Seleana Zdunich: It is in Nevada, but near California. I call both of those places

She pauses to continue her thoughts.

Seleana Zdunich: I know it is hours away and nearer NoCal than where we live but given the other places we have all been lately, it is close enough, ja?

She signs before looking back into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And so, now we come to Reno and I am to face Kim Pain…

Pausing, Seleana suddenly appears to go stone-faced.

Seleana Zdunich: I am keen to have this fight but I am also keen for this to be over so I do not have to listen to how I am a disappointment and my wife is whatever the latest pejorative of the moment is despite that my wife does not work here and should not matter to anyone here anymore.

A small smile comes back momentarily to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: I hope you enjoyed “getting your revenge” while you had the chance. There is only a fifty percent chance my wife will change her mind and come back at some time.

She raises a hand, palm out.

Seleana Zdunich: I know, fuzzy math. You would say there’s a much higher chance for her to come back because she always changes her mind and always comes back but that has nothing to do with the math actually at hand. The math we are worried about says we each have a fifty percent chance of winning this match but that goes down to 33 1/3 for me because you’ve already beaten me, ja? 

She nods, visibly annoyed.

Seleana Zdunich: And thus because you “know” you can beat me and I do not, my chances go down even further when you subtract the twenty-five percent that I love because I lost before and therefore leaves me with only an 8 1/3 percent chance to win against you while you get to start adding percentages together because of experience and knowledge gained.

She shrugs almost apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: The odds are simply not in favor and numbers never lie, ja?

She nods pointedly, pointing to herself as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: Except that numbers lie all the time and I am the living proof.

She nods again, just as pointedly, still pointing to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Never tell me the odds.

Her entire countenance becomes darker.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not start wrestling until an advanced age for athletic competition.

He points back at the building behind her.

Seleana Zdunich: This was my life when I arrived in the States. I was not looking to change careers, I was looking into options nearer to my sisters than New Zealand could offer. I came to the States, reunited with them and started to make a life for myself in Austin with what I thought would be a good man. If the story had continued on that path, I would not be here…

Her eyes lower as memories of him flood back over. After a solemn moment, her eyes make contact with the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: But it did not continue down that path, did it?

Seleana shakes her head sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: That man was taken from me by a natural disaster and thus I was open to another path that I was directed to try by a family friend. It was only then that I started defeating seemingly insurmountable and ridiculous odds.

She cocks her head interrogatively.

Seleana Zdunich: What percentage would you have given a rookie with no athletic background over thirty-years-of-age to succeed in making it a week?

She nods like counting off a bullet point list.

Seleana Zdunich: A month?

Another nod.

Seleana Zdunich: A year?

The faintest smile both dawns and fades in seemingly record time. 

Seleana Zdunich: And here I stand. It has been five years and I have been a champion six times between multiple companies.

She swings her arm through the shot, waving that very thought away.

Seleana Zdunich: Nearly every opponent for five years has claimed I would amount to nothing. None gave me a chance of beating any of them individually, much less taking their championship or standing. Alicia Lukas, Jessie Salco, Mercedes Vargas, Crystal Hilton…

Her countenance hardens.

Seleana Zdunich: I was not supposed to be in their league. It was an insult that I was in the ring with the lot of them and yet, I have been World Bombshells Champion! I have been the Bombshells Roulette Champion. I have been a tag team champion four times in other companies.

A smirk dawns.

Seleana Zdunich: Time and again, the numbers lied.

She points to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: I make the numbers lie.

Taking a step forward, Seleana nods confidently.

Seleana Zdunich: So place bets. Kim Pain and I, one more time.

She moves closer to her vehicle.

Seleana Zdunich: I am keen to play, ja?