Author Topic: Four Lionesses  (Read 543 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Four Lionesses
« on: December 03, 2021, 11:18:20 PM »
On-Camera

Friday, December 3, 2021
Encounter Enclosure
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
5:01 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich watching as the lioness, Sarabi, is allowed out the open doorway and ushered back to her rightful territory utilizing a special cart to get her there. Seleana smiles and waves as the big cat is driven back to her area. .

Seleana Zdunich: It is always a wonderful sight, to watch a lioness at home, in her element.

She nods ever so slightly, her gaze still affixed in the direction the lioness had gone.

Seleana Zdunich: Sarabi is a particular love affair for me. As many know, I raised her as a cub in New Zealand. She still sees me as Mamma.

Looking out longingly at the spot where Sarabi had been, Seleana swallows hard.

Seleana Zdunich: I love seeing a lioness in action, when she sees what she wants and goes out to grab it. She stalks her prey, waist for the opportune moment and then sinks her teeth in just the right place to take it down.

Turning to finally face the camera, Seleana nods affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: That is what this match should be, ja?

She nods again for emphasis.

Seleana Zdunich: Four lionesses, four from the top of the food chain stalking rivals in their territory, battling for dominance in position!

She pays her chest with her fist.

Seleana Zdunich: Three of us have held that top position, between us.

She raises an index finger.

Seleana Zdunich: I have.

A second finger joins its mate.

Seleana Zdunich: Dani has.

A third finger joins its two brethren.

Seleana Zdunich: Alicia has.

She nods as her hand falls away out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: And we all know Jessie would kill to get there after everything she has been through. She and I have been in the ring more than any of the others and it has not gone well for you, has it Jessie?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: As much as you get along with my sisters, when it came to us it was always a different story. I understand that I am not as well-versed in things like Havok and Warbringer as Zenna and Katra and I am not a guitar enthusiast as you are but I never did anything to earn your enmity, Jessie. All I ever did was come to work and accept what was given to me but that acceptance was never enough for you, was it?

She shakes her head even more emphatically.

Seleana Zdunich: No, instead you attacked me for things. You attacked me for being married to someone you did not respect and you attacked me for even attempting this sport. You attempted to block my progress at any turn you could and all you accomplished by doing that was to end blocking your own instead of mine!

An accusatory finger joins an equally accusatory glare.

Seleana Zdunich: You could have been a multi-time champion as the rest of us are now if you had focused on that instead of whatever it was you were doing before. 

An anger enters her voice.

Seleana Zdunich: You should have been what I was! As long as you have been grinding away, as long as you have been at this and as much work as you put into this, it should have been you that ended up where I did!

She points again.

Seleana Zdunich: You should have been the one climbing the mountain! You should have been the one managing a shock victory and you should have been the one able to climb back up again and again after!

The hand falls out of the shot again.

Seleana Zdunich: You should have been able to take those chances from me and you should have been able to stop me from winning the Roulette Championship. You should have been the one to stop me from ever amounting to anything here in SCW and yet given opportunity after opportunity to stop me, you could not do it and you could not claim any prize that Christian offered you to do so!

Seleana shakes her head, looking away from the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You were given the chances you wanted and you did what many said I would. Many call me a choke artist because I won the championship and then lost it right back to Alicia but at least I can say I got there! I can say when I was given an opportunity to win my way that title shot, I got there! When I was given other opportunities like that, I got there again! And when we were both given the chance at the Roulette Championship, I was the one who got three as well! 

Her arms sweep out wide.

Seleana Zdunich: You could have stopped it… more than once, ja? But you never did and now here you are, staring down the barrel of another chance that should be yours to take and everyone will wonder if this is the time you finally do it.

She shakes her head, a level of disgust on her face.

Seleana Zdunich: As for our other two opponents, Alicia should be angry with you for how you complained about things and could have spared her ever having faced me. She had that speed bump in her championship reign and it was because you allowed me to be that speed bump. Alicia…

She pauses and almost laughs to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: You were one of the few that did not attack me just for being married to someone you do not respect. You attacked me for things that only had to do with me and my respective skill. You gave me respect when you did not need to and when no one else did and I thank you for that. You and I had a trilogy of world title matches and they were a wonderful song to sing. I might have come out on the short end in the end but the journey to get there taught me so much that I will never denigrate it as anything less than glorious!

She nods once again.

Seleana Zdunich: Now we stand here again, facing each other and the last time we were in a multi-person match, it did not end well for me. You and Dani were both there and you were the two in the ring when the match ended.

Clapping her hands together, she looks dead into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I will work to make sure there is not a replay of that this time!

She looks down and then nods to the outside of the enclosure.

Seleana Zdunich: You were the lioness then and you still are. I am proud to try this again.

She nods and then considers the last opponent.

Seleana Zdunich: Dani Weston…

Seleans sighs almost sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: I admit, we have been in the ring together before and yet I know very little about you in comparison to the other. Jessie and Alicia I have fought wars with both but you…

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: You were the champion before Alicia took it from you and then you came back and were the fourth wheel in the match where Alicia took it back from me. You have not attacked me and I have not attacked you…

Shrugging, Seleana nos to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: We should be fine with each other and yet we are nothing. I cannot say we are friends, I cannot say we are rivals and I cannot say we are enemies. We will step in that ring for this opportunity to meet Andrea Hernandez, whom I still loathe, and it will be a fourway just as that championship match with Alicia and my wife was. The only difference is this time, Jessie Salco is in the fourth slot instead of my wife and this time, the winner gets a championship opportunity instead of a championship.

She pauses and then nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I admit, the chance to make Andrea the prey is a worthy one to compete for and the championship only makes it sweeter to me.

Her jaw clenches as her teeth grind at the thought.

Seleana Zdunich: Andrea is one that has attacked me in every way that Jessie has; only she did it to further enrage my wife. She used me as a pawn and then moved on like nothing happen! I would be glad to pay her back for that, ja?   

She nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: I will walk to that ring and fight with everything I have to get to Andrea and if I do, I will fight with everything I have to pay her back for what she has done!

She turns to look abc to where sarabi had been.

Seleana Zdunich: Sarabi taught me well….