Author Topic: Just for a Thrill  (Read 302 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Just for a Thrill
« on: April 14, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »

♦ ♦ ♦
el domingo por la noche, 9 de abril de 2017
Pacific Daylight Time

‭“‬Of course The Mean Girls feel on top of the world after our victory.‭ ‬I mean,‭ ‬who wouldn't after Celeste North CRUSHED the possible next number one contender to the World Bombshell Title‭? Let's be honest, Crystal was exposed tonight and never stood a chance. And what happened? Just like her pathetic hometown, she walked out as a loser.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

[Mercedes Vargas can barely contain her smile. Hidden under a Detroit Tigers baseball cap – which she promptly takes off and throws away – the Argentine clearly enjoys the night’s outcome. With Climax Control 176 in the books, the condescending air from Mercedes was noticeable. Mercedes stops and exchange high-fives with Veronica Taylor. That the victory for the new-look Mean Girls was never in doubt in her mind, tonight continued their string of victories after Mercedes and Veronica Taylor’s wins the previous week. Veronica sent Amy-Jayne packing from SCW in what was possibly her last match in the company. Mercedes led her team to victory as she scored the pinfall on Trish Newborn, eliminating her and James Tuscini – one of the favorites in the Blast From the Past Tournament – and punching her ticket to the quarterfinals with Max Burke.

And the best part? There was no cheating or shenanigans that anyone could pin on them. Each victory was fair and square, by the book, within the rules, and they didn’t need to run interference in each other’s matches. To say the least, things were looking up for the stable since the shakeup happened three weeks ago at Blaze of Glory. For Ms. Rocky Mountains, the news was surprising since she expected everything opposite of what happened.
]

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Do you think Celeste’s win is enough to convince Mark Ward and Christian Underwood into giving her a future World Bombshell Championship match?

Mercedes: Celeste has always been championship material. She’s a former Bombshell Roulette Champion. Tonight proved she’s ready for the next level. But, seriously, why should she set her sights on the World Bombshell Championship when it’s meaningless and lost all prestige? It’s worth less than the name holding it right now. Celeste doesn’t need that belt. She’s satisfied with just beating overrated pieces of shit like Crystal Millar and silencing the critics, doubters, and naysayers who thought she wasn’t going anywhere in her career.

Veronica: Mark Ward got Mikah trending on social media as a #LazyChampion, everybody knows Jessie Salco is a #PaperChampion…

Mercedes: And Melody Grace is #NotMyChampion.

Veronica: Every Bombshell who holds a championship right now is not even worth mentioning because none of them are champions to begin with, right Mercy?

[Veronica turns to Mercedes who jumps in.]

Mercedes: Right. Well let me tell you. If I was one of those fans who bought a ticket just to see Crystal Millar,‭ ‬I would ask for my money back. I remember when she used to say perfection never failed. Well, tonight was an epic fail. Crystal should be embarrassed to show her face and I’d be surprised if she actually shows up next week. She should go into Witness Protection because she’s never going to live this down.‬

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Speaking of, the card for next week’s Climax Control is here. And, well, Mercedes, the next opponents you and Max Burke will face has been revealed. Do you want to know who they are?

Mercedes: I don’t want to know because it won’t matter.

Veronica: Of course, I’ll be at ringside cheering you on.

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Uh, Veronica, you’re going to be in action next week, too.

Veronica: What? Who am I facing?

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Samantha Marlowe.

[As soon as she hears the name, Veronica grimaces in pain as she holds both of hands to her temple. Mercedes glares at Ms. Rocky Mountains.]

Mercedes: See what you did, Rocky? You gave her a massive headache. Now what do you have to say for yourself?

Ms. Rocky Mountains: What? I did no such thing. She –

Mercedes: Shut it. Why is Samantha wrestling next week when she had a match tonight? You know what? Doesn’t matter. Sam Marlowe doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air let alone be in the same ring with Veronica Taylor and the only reason she’s beat her in the past?

[Mercedes pauses, trying to find the right words to explain Veronica's plight against the two-time World Bombshell Champion.]

Mercedes: She was just lucky. But you know what, her luck is going to run out. Mark my words.

[Ms. Rocky Mountains was about to fire another question but Mercedes’ death stare makes her think better of it. She glances down at the interviewer while shaking her head. The scene fades as Mercedes leads Veronica to the infirmary and they walk off as the scene fades.]

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 001
[WON'T BE LONG ]

♦ ♦ ♦
el martes por la tarde, 11 de abril 2017
Pacific Daylight Time

[REC•]

“Sometimes, I don’t get our World Bombshell Champion, Melody Grace. I think I’ve already gone over the fact she’s a Katy Perry song, but the question has to be asked: Does she want attention or not? Inquiring minds want to know.”

[The scene opens where on this partly cloudy afternoon, Mercedes Vargas is seen walking along the boardwalk at the Pier.  A view of Pacific Park and its towering amusement rides are in the foreground of the camera shot, including a giant Ferris wheel. A neon “open” sign is seen at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf behind her. Mercedes holds a large iced tea she bought from the coffee shop not too long ago. Hidden under a pair of aviator shades, the former World Bombshell Champion wears her SCW authentic t-shirt. She holds up her hands innocently.]

“I mean, it’s great she has a large following on social media and all, it’s awesome. The way I see it, she should be thanking me that her name is being mention at all because, honestly, that’s as close as she’ll ever get to being acknowledged unless she’s on a match card. Let’s call it for what it is, Melody: You’re just a boring version of Mikah who’s a lame version of Delia Darling. As a matter of fact, you’re the Rage of the Bombshells Division. It says something when people wanted to get the title off of Crystal Millar when she was champion. Love or hate her, at least people cared. Same with Mikah. No one cares about you as champ, and that’s a crying shame.

[Mercedes pushes back a stray strand of hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand.]

“Now, I bet you’re wondering why I’m coming at you again when I have a match this weekend. I’ll give you three reasons.”

[As she says this, Mercedes holds up three fingers.]

“Because I can, because I want to, and because who are you to tell me I couldn’t.”

[A faint smile touches the corner of her lips, but Mercedes takes her right hand and swipes over her face and as she does the smile disappears, now replaced with a serious expression.]

“At Inception, just like at Climax Control last weekend, you failed to leave the world talking. You didn’t fail to leave me talking, though. The whole reason I’m coming at you is to say the things that people refuse or are too afraid to say. I’m not a wallflower, I don’t have a filter and I most definitely won’t step aside or run for cover when you walk by. Do you really want to go there, Melody?”

[Mercedes pauses as if she’s expecting an answer but just as quickly raises her index finger.]

“Don’t answer that question. Answer this question: Who are you to give advice about anything to anyone? You’re 23 years old. In my eyes, just a little girl. You want to talk about choosing my battles? I wish you were in front of a camera right now so people can see the hypocrisy coming from your pores. You practically told an entire women’s division that they sucked AND crapped all over the first-ever Bombshells main event in SummerXXXtreme history, and you want to talk about choosing battles. Odette can stick up for you and downplay this Good Melody/Bad Melody charade you got going on and by saying we don’t know a damn thing about you, but I beg to differ. I will always cherish the misconceptions I had about you. Wait, misconceptions?”

The edge still remains in her voice.

“I have a goal. I know where I’m going and I know how to get there. This weekend at Climax Control, Max Burke and I are moving on to the next round of the tournament. Who we face in the semifinals in two weeks doesn’t really matter. Bring on Lord Rabb and Evie Baang, bring on Brother Grimm and Misty or Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe. I don’t care! Because each win in this tournament gets me that….much…closer…to you.”

Mercedes points at the camera, her focus unwavering.

“At Into the Void, I’m winning the Blast From the Past Tournament. Now I need you, Melody, to do your part. Summer XXXtreme is less than two months. Keep that title warm for me until June 9.

A small mischievous smile plays on her lips as she whispers.

“Little fish that got away, hmm?”

[Mercedes tosses her hair back and smiles.]

“Little fish, big pond.”

~ ~ ~

Blog: #JustForAThrill
semana del 2 al 9 de abril de 2 0 1 7

This has turned out to be one crappy week. Sure, seeing Polly Playtime gone from the tournament and Chelsea Payne denied her first title were couple of highlights, but the start of the week could not have been any worse. Xander Bishop was released, Jessie Salco still held the Bombshell Roulette Championship for at least another week, Argentina fired their manager, and I was dealing with the news Celeste hit me with like a ton of bricks. But if there’s one thing I am, I’m focused at the task at hand.

I’ll have to be if I want to make to finals of the Blast From the Past Tournament at Into the Void.

Sixteen teams started in this tournament, half of them are already gone. Some of the Superstars were happy with their choices for their partners, some claiming that they hit the lottery, only to go on a Twitter tirade the next day when they lost. A lot of these Bombshells should be thankful where they are at this point because, let’s face it, a few of them hide no shame that they’re going to be carried throughout this tournament. I know for a fact that Amy Marshall will be riding Dax Beckett’s coattails as far as he takes them and Jessie Salco will be standing behind Nicolas L. Blair like his own shadow. The teams that are left are balanced enough where both members can hold their own in the ring. Ah, but one of these teams is not like the others, one of these teams just doesn’t belong. Can you tell which team is not like the others by the time I finish my song?

If you guessed Ivan Darrell and Amanda Cortez, you’re right! I’ll tell you why when I’m ready.

So, I’m moving on to the quarterfinals in the Blast in the Past and I can’t say I’m proud of that fact seeing as I was here before in my first time in my tournament debut before Misty and Andrew ended it. Luckily, I won’t be facing Misty just yet because one, her second round match isn’t until next week; and two, I have to get through my next opponent if I’m going to make the final four when the semifinals start up the week after next. In the meantime, SCW wasted little time finding who Max and I would be facing next and to be honest, I think we must have done something to piss off Mark and Christian because it’s the only reason why we drew a match against one-half of the worst tag team in SCW and, well, someone who thinks taking selfies on social media is time well spent. Kinda wish the bosses would have picked another team out of a hat or choose another number a random or throw darts at a board, something, anything, because a match with Ivan Darrell and Amanda Cortez isn’t a matchup, it’s a mismatch.

I mean, Ivan Darrell, one-half of the Dying Breed, I think everybody knows that Mandy is going be wearing you like second skin through this tournament and congratulations, you got the pinfall so you two can advance, but that’s where it all ends this weekend. There’s no way Max Burke is going to lose to one-half of the worst tag team in SCW. How you and Andrew Garcia are tag team champions is one of life’s greatest mysteries. Dying Breed? Oh you’re the last of a dying breed alright. It’s one thing that Casey Williams actually fired you two, but the biggest mistake that meathead, let alone SCW, could have done is waste two good roster spots by bringing you back.

And what’s the first thing you do? You step up to the Bad Boys. Even someone with brain damage could have known that was pretty stupid. The fact you want to call yourselves men is downright pathetic because a real man doesn’t attack someone from behind. That’s what you did to Mickey and Giani on several occasions thinking that you were getting the best of them because you knew full well you can’t beat them straight up, but little did you know, you were digging your own graves. And Ivan, I know it must have sucked when Dax turned on you and Andy, but let’s face it nobody wants to be associated with Dying Breed because that would be career suicide.

And Amanda? Everyone knows that when the Mean Girls split and we had to take sides, I had the better deal. You didn’t go anywhere while I became a three-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion.

When Amanda Cortez came along during my first stint with the Mean Girls, we weren’t exactly friends. Mandy usually was busy sending out Tweets. I’m not sure if it’s a self-esteem issue or if she thinks taking selfies makes her a model or something but truth be told, it was becoming a distraction than actually helping selling the Mean Girls brand. I mean, what kind of people try to be friends with our enemies? We’re the MEAN Girls. Unfortunately, ‘Tickle Me Mandy’ can’t help it.

I’m just not sure which version I’m going to be facing Sunday: the badass chick that she claims to be or the girl with the feather fetish.

The Mean Girls stable has created a stir since its inception over the entire Bombshell division, that’s not an opinion, it’s not something entirely made up, that’s a fact. We’re more than a stable or J2Hism or the next flavor of the month in SCW. We’re a BRAND!

Last weekend is where you had your welcoming party to SCW. Well, Mandy, allow me to welcome you in my own way by sending you home from this tournament. Trust me, like Trish Newborn, you’ll thank me later.

Or maybe you won’t.

I don’t care either way.

~ ~ ~

Just For a Thrill, Part II
14 de abril de 2017 ♦ P H I L A D E L P H I A, P E N N S Y L V A N I A

[REC•]

«The scene opens in a brightly lit pool hall as Mercedes Vargas is seen perched behind a worn pool table lining up to hit a cue ball on a scattered pool table. She takes her shot and the 10-ball ping-pongs across the table before pocketing two balls. As if on cue, Mercedes notices the camera, and straightens posing with her cue stick as a smirk crosses her face..»

Mercedes: One team down, three more to go. Well, seven, if you’re keeping score. This weekend begins the quarterfinals of the Blast From the Past Tournament and if you look around at the teams still alive, I have to say Max and I have a real chance of actually winning this thing. One thing that stood out to be was the other tournament match happening this weekend and isn’t it a coincidence that Orchid will also be competing?                                  
                                                                                        «Mercedes crosses over as she moves to sit on the edge of the pool table.»

Mercedes:  If I’m not mistaken, she was the partner Max was saddled with the last time he appeared in the tournament. She was more of an anchor than an equal and it was only so long before that weight was too much for Max to bear. You all knew what happened next to poor little Orchid. You all witnessed what became of her and the severe price Max paid. And if he could go back in time and do things differently you know what he would have done?

«Mercedes lets the question hang there for a moment, pausing for effect .»

Mercedes: He would picked up Orchid’s lifeless body and hit his finisher on her ONE MORE TIME!

«Mercedes throws her head back and laughs. This last for a good minute or two before she is able to control herself and focus on the camera.»

Mercedes: Max crossed all kinds of boundaries by what he did three years ago, that much is true, but he has my word that I’ll be twice the partner Orchid will ever hope to be. I already know I’m twice the woman she is. And even if she was twice as talented, she wouldn’t even last five minutes in the ring with me. But you know someone who can? Amanda Cortez, that’s who.

«She enunciates the word as she nods her head slowly.»

Mercedes: But before I get to you, Mandy, let’s talk about your partner, Ivan. It’s no secret that Dying Breed has taken tag team wrestling to be a joke. And what’s sad about that is we’re not laughing with them, we’re laughing at them. But I know someone who isn’t a joke, Ivan: Max Burke. He is no joke. He’s the real deal. And all you are, Ivan, is a quick study. A quick study on how anybody can be a champion in SCW. Now, if I were you, I’d be worried about what you’re in for when you’re in the ring with him because you’re going to find out first hand why you’ll never measure up to Pro Wrestling's Pedigree. Oh, and for someone who claims to do their homework, I don’t remember having ever teamed up with Andrew in the tournament. JT Midas and Derek Thorne were my partners. Try again.

«Mercedes is aiming a cue from her back. She gets just enough force to get the six-ball to pin-pong across the table, collapsing the eight-ball.»

Mercedes: Trick shot!

«A smirk appears.»

Mercedes: And as for you, Mandy, there’s no doubt in my mind that you’re talented. You wouldn’t have been recruited to join the Mean Girls if you weren’t, but somewhere along the way, Mandy, you were that much more talented than Liz Smalls and less of a liability than Veronica Taylor. Fun times were had when you were with us, but while times have changed and everyone moved on, you never changed. And that’s why you’ll never be as great as any of the Mean Girls, or me for that matter.

«Mercedes shakes her head in a sheer display of mock disappointment before she stands up turning back to place the cue on the pool table then returns to face the camera..»

Mercedes: So, as far as Climax Control 177, you can expect me moving on to the next round of the tournament. With Max Burke’s undeniable talent and my experience and success, we make an unbeatable combination and we are going to run through the Blast From the Past Tournament and become the tournament champions. James Tuscini and Trish Newborn talked a big game, they stepped up to the plate, but looked who walked away with their hand raised in victory? And just like I said two weeks ago, we’re a dual threat. You have Max Burke, the only third-generation Superstar in SCW. Cunning, ruthless and twisted in every sense of the word. He stops at nothing in pursuit of his goals.

«Mercedes points at herself..»

Mercedes: And then there’s yours truly, the most decorated wrestler in SCW history. An international superstar who’s traveled around the world and has had success in practically every promotion I set foot in, including this company. Max and I? We won’t stop when we Katrina through this tournament. We’re coming for more. We’re coming for the World Heavyweight Championship. We’re coming for the World Bombshell Championship. Whoever is champion at Summer XXXtreme mark my words, write it down and circle that date on your calander because that is your LAST day as champion.

«Mercedes wags her finger at the camera.»

Mercedes: For you, Amanda, your last day in SCW happens this Sunday. Since you like posting pictures on social media, you should take a picture. It will last longer than your career ever will.

«Mercedes crosses her arms in front of her in challenge.»

Mercedes: No tiene pelos en la lengua. Crees que eres el mejor, chica? Tres palabras simples – Demuéstrenmelo.

«Mercedes raises a hand as if she clearly forgot something she needed to mention.»

Mercedes: Woops! Sorry, Amanda, I’m not sure if you really understood that. But if you didn’t, that’s okay too. Instead of translation, how about I show you first hand why Latinas do it better, and why Mercedes Vargas is the best.
                                                                                                          I'll see you and Ivan in Philly.

«The scene fades out as Mercedes blows an air kiss at the camera before going black.»
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:11:42 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)