Author Topic: Nick's Poor(er) Mood  (Read 389 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Nick's Poor(er) Mood
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
 The scene opens up in a hotel room at the Morningstar Beach Resort in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.   Inside of the room, the lights are almost completely dark as the lights are off, with it only being barely lit up by the screen of a laptop.  The laptop is sitting on top of the lap of the one and only Nick Jones, who is sitting on the bed, leaning back on a stack of pillows that are up against the wall as he stares intently at the monitor in front of him while wearing a set of headphones that are hooked up to the laptop.  As the camera mans around and the laptop screen comes into view, it quickly becomes apparent that the match that Nick is watching is, interestingly enough, last week's main event of new SCW Heavyweight Championship Goth's title victory over the man who had defeated Nick and 4 other men just two weeks earlier, Kevin Carter.  As Nick continues to watch on, he can barely be overheard mumbling to himself as he sees some of what is going on in the match.

Nick:  Un-freakin-believable.

Nick shakes his head in seeming disgust as he keeps his eyes locked onto the screen at all times.  A few moments later, the locks on the hotel room door can be heard unlatching and a moment later, the door opens and light comes pouring into the room from the hallway.  Nick seems to be temporarily blinded by the light, and looks towards it for a moment with a squint, but chooses not to even say a word as he turns his attention back to the computer after just a couple of seconds.  As the camera eventually adjusts to the quick burst of light, it becomes that the shadowy figure is none other than Nick's girlfriend, Diana Roberts.  Diana looks around in a bit of a confusion as she seems perplexed not only by Nick's activity, or lack thereof, as well as the entire circumstance of their hotel room.  She shoots a look in Nick's direction as she speaks.

Diana:  Um, what the hell is going on in here?

Nick does not given any sort of reaction at all, not even the slightest movement of his head or eyes from their reestablished place intently focused on the video playing on his laptop, as he does not even acknowledge that Diana has spoken.  Diana simply rolls here eyes at this and goes to hit the light switch for the room, but stops herself just before doing so.  Diana then closes the door behind her, causing darkness to take over again, before walking across to the far side of the room and then quickly pulling the blinds open, causing more light to come pouring in than ever before and, somewhat surprisingly, showing it to be a gorgeous day out as the sun is brightly shining over the amazing view from their hotel of the beach and ocean.  She turns back to Nick, who seems to be squinting a bit again from the additional light, but is still not pulled away from what he is watching.  Diana cannot help but chuckle as she speaks to Nick again.

Diana:  Nice to see you're really taking advantage of the great day and the awesome view we have.

Diana looks to Nick for some sort of reaction, but gets absolutely none.

Diana:  So are you ever going to get off of your ass and come join the rest of us for a few drinks and some sun out on the beach, or what?

Nick still shows absolutely no signs of even being aware of Diana, causing her to clearly start to get more upset.  She then seems to suddenly come to a realization as it appears, for the first time, she has become aware of the earphones Nick has in and hooked up to the laptop.  Diana walks over next to the bed, leans over and yanks the earphones straight out of Nick's ears, which brings a bit of an annoyed look to his face, but still doesn't manage to draw his eyes away from the computer monitor.

Diana:  Hey you!  I'm talking to you over here!

Nick lets out a deep sigh and then hits the pause button for the video playing on his laptop before rolling his eyes and then moving his attention over towards Diana, speaking to her with a rather annoyed tone to his voice.

Nick:  Can I help you?

Diana:  Yes, you can!  You've been in a crabby ass mood every day since Summer XXXTreme.  It's an amazingly gorgeous day out and we've got a great beach at our disposal, so how about you take the stick out of your ass and come enjoy some time with your girlfriend for a change.

Nick:  I really don't have time for that crap right now.

Diana:  Oh, give me a break.  You were like this all last week in Aruba too and I let it go simply because I knew you were all upset about your little title match, but it's time to get over it already.

Nick seems to peak up a bit, but not in a good way, as anger is clearly starting to seep through as Diana has seemed to have pushed a button with him.

Nick:  Little???  LITTLE?!? It's the damn for the, no no, not even "the"... it's MY SCW Heavyweight Championship.  There is absolutely not a single damn thing "little" about that match.  Need I remind you, it's a match that by every damn right I won, too!

Diana:  That's great and all, but in the end you didn't win.  Sure it sucks, and I understand you being upset, but that's what happened.  There's nothing you can change about that now.  I especially don't know what you think watching some match you weren't even a part of, that saw the guy who won that match lose the title is going to do.

Nick:  What that match does is proves to absolutely everyone, beyond any doubt, exactly what I already knew, that I by all rights won that damn match myself.

Diana:  Maybe you're right, but sitting here and getting yourself more and more pissed off about it isn't going to help a damn thing!

Nick:  Maybe???  MAYBE?!?  No, without a damn question I AM right!  The fact that this was allowed to happen is a complete joke.  It shows that the entire SCW, from the very top to the absolute bottom is a complete joke.  This isn't some stupid pointless joke that should be tossed about from one loser to another for shits and giggles.  Ever since the title left Jordan's waist all that has happened is the value of that belt has been dragged further and further down the shitter, dragging this company's name through the mud with it and diminishing what those of us REAL CHAMPIONS did to make this company, and that belt, everything that it is.

Diana:  Well here's a freakin' idea, then stop your damn whining and do something about it!

Nick:  What the hell do you think I'm sitting here thinking about?  Thinking about how I can make sure all of this is made right again.  It's clearly up to me to save this entire company from the complete jokes like the three different Heavyweight Champions who have somehow managed to hold that title in the past three freakin' weeks.

Diana:  Fine, fine... I get it.  Well none of this is going to do a damn thing.  Just wait for your next title shot and get the damn belt back.  Who gives a crap if you don't get to face the go who you claim supposedly stole the title from you.  Just face and beat that new loser, what's the difference?

Nick:  Do you even listen to the pile of shit that comes out of your mouth?  I'm supposed to wait?  I should not have to wait for a single damn thing, I should be the CURRENT and REIGNING SCW Heavyweight Champion.  What the hell do you not understand about that?!?  I have every single damn reason to have a problem with not just one, but both of these nobodies tainting the championship which I and I only made one of the most highly sought after championships in the history of this entire business!  What I don't need is a title being considered a fraction of what I turned it into because of some nobody who managed to run away from Jordan with the title, a wannabe never-was who did nothing but stole MY championship victory, or a clown tag-teamer who somehow got first crack at a make-believe champion and proved to suck just slightly less than him.  I'm sick and tired of this shit, and I am NOT going to put up with it any longer!!

Diana:  FINE!  Then do whatever the hell you need to do, but cut the crap and start making everyone around you miserable in the process.  We're all sicked and tired of it, and we don't need to all be dealing with your constantly pissy attitude just because you didn't get your way.  If it's such a big deal to you, then stop sitting around and get your stupid little belt.

Nick's eyes go wide as his face turns red with anger and he actually starts to shake.  Nick then puts the laptop off to the side and stands up right in Diana's face, causing Diana to look a little concerned as she quickly takes a step back, just as Nick snaps at her.

Nick:  Excuse me?!?  WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!?

Nick grits his teeth as he balls his hands up and looks like he wants to lash out, but restrains himself from doing so.  He then turns away from Diana and starts looking around, suddenly opting to pick his laptop back up and then proceeds to take it and, with all of his might, heaves it straight into the wall, causing the laptop to go smashing into dozens of tiny little pieces and putting a huge dent in the wall.

Diana:  Oh my God!  What the hell is wrong with you?

Nick:  Oh, I don't know.  Maybe it has something to do with my supposed girlfriend giving me shit about every damn thing I say and do.  Trust me, you should be happy that I only decided to break the freakin' laptop!

Diana:  Don't start with this crap again.

Nick:  What crap?  The "crap" about how you clearly don't have a friggin' clue about a single damn thing that's important to me?  You have NO IDEA what this is all truly about, so how about instead of bitching and moaning at me non-stop, you try to shut your friggin' mouth for a damn change?  You can never, and will never understand what this all means.  Then again, I guess I shouldn't expect some little bitch who has done nothing with her entire life but leach off of the success of others to actually know what it's like to accomplish something.

Diana looks completely taken back by that last comment, and looks as if she's about to respond but is left somewhat speechless.  Before she is about to respond, Nick doesn't bother to wait as he turns, heads towards the door to the hotel and then leaves, slamming the door extremely hard behind him to the point that it causes a picture to fall off of the wall.  The look on Diana's face changes from shock to anger as she stares at the now closed door, steaming about the exchange that just took place.

Diana:  What an asshole.

Diana then kicks the pile of broken pieces from the laptop laying on the floor in frustration before sitting down on the edge of the bed and crossing her arms across her chest with her back towards the hotel room door.  A moment later the hotel room door opens back up, causing Diana to immediately spin around as she sees Nick standing in the doorway.  The two stare at each other for a while, with neither saying a word before Nick's eyes move to the top of the dresser right by the door and he grabs his cell phone off of it.  As Diana realizes the reason for Nick's return, she seems to become ever more upset as she gets up from her seat on the end of the bet and heads straight towards the bathroom, going in and slamming the door shut behind her.  Nick then turns and walks back out of the hotel room and slams the door once again in the process as the scene cuts away.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens up over at a poolside bar just off the beach at the Morningstar Beach Resort.  The shot slowly pans all around the full circle bar, which shows a number of gorgeous women in bathing suits, along with all of the men who are desperately trying to hit on them.  Meanwhile, as we continue to move around, we come to one side of the bar which is almost completely unoccupied, as it sits entirely in the shade and on the furthest side from the beach.  There is one individual seated there however, and it is none other than Nick Jones, who has the same annoyed look that he has been wearing over the past few weeks ever since Summer XXXTreme, and is decidely worse than even his typical attitude.  As Nick sits there, drinking away at the beer in front of him, he continues to stare straight forward, seemingly into nothingness.  With the shot focused in firmly on Nick, it cannot be seen who it is, but it is rather apparent by the background noises and the shadow of a figure that someone has taken a seat next to Nick.  Nick seems to suddenly snap out of it as this happens, but simply rolls his eyes and lets out a deep sigh.

Nick:  What the hell do you want now?

Voice:  Sorry boss, just felt likes grabbin' a drink wit' yas.

Nick seems caught off guard by the sound of the voice as he turns to the person now sitting to his right just as the camera pans out to show the person to be none other than Nick's own personal bodyguard, Tony Capicelli.

Nick:  Oh... yeah, um... sure.  I thought you were... whatever, just someone else.  Forget I said anything.

Tony:  Whateva' yous say, boss.

Tony says nothing further as his attention is diverted by the bartender who walks back over towards the two upon seeing Tony sit down.  Before the bartender can even ask, Tony is quick to put in his order.

Tony:  Gimme a beer.

The bartender nods and Tony immediately throws his room key down on the bar, indicating he'll be charging it to the room.  The bartender takes the key and walks off as Tony turns back to Nick.

Tony:  So, um... how's it goin' boss?

Nick turns back towards Tony and raises an eyebrow as he gives him a bit of an annoyed look.

Nick:  How the hell do you think?

Tony:  Yeah, dats what I figu'ed.  Lis'en, yous and I, pretty much everybody friggin' else, we's all know dat yous should be champ.  Yous gonna make dat right real quick, so don't be worryin' 'bout nuttin.  Dat shit's gonna get fixed real soon, 'cuz it sure as hell better.

Nick:  At least you seem to understand where I'm coming from.  Too bad that's not the only bullshit I've got to deal with these days.

Tony:  Yous got more stuff goin' on wit' you and D?

Nick looks completely shocked by Tony as he asks that question, and turns to Tony with a bit of confusion.

Nick:  Since when the hell do you ever ask me anything about Diana or our relationship?

Tony:  Well... neva'.

Nick:  Exactly, it's one thing to have those two nosy little women in Jimmy and Max always nagging me about stuff, but I never expected it from you.  We never talk about person stuff.

Tony:  Yeah, cuz I always figure it ain't none of my friggin' business.  If yous wanted to talk about it, yous could bring it up.  Plus I figure dose two are such a pain in ya ass yous ain't need me joining in.  But let's be friggin' honest here, dose two ain't know nuttin' about women.

Nick:  That's for shit sure.

Tony:  Yeah.  So I figure, yous got stuff going on, I'm here to help da boss out, so I might as well ask.

Nick:  Sounds great, but this isn't some stupid ass therapy session, alright?  The answer is I've got more important matters to worry about, yet I've still got to deal with her being perpetually up my ass.  That's bad enough on its own, I really don't need to be sitting here and thinking about it even more than I already am by talking to you about it like we're a bunch of old ladies in some sorry ass sewing circle.  So let's just move on and drink our damn beers, alright?

Nick motions over towards the beer that has just been placed down in front of Tony by the bartender, and Tony quickly grabs it.  Tony raises his bottle to cheers to Nick, which Nick responds by rolling his eyes before slightly tipping his bottle in that direction before going back to drinking the beer.  The two drink in silence for a moment before Tony decides to speak up again.

Tony:  A'ight, so I's got anotha' question for ya.  What's da deal wit' dis friggin match you's got on Sunday?

Nick:  Now that is a fantastic question, because I don't have a damn clue.  I got thrown into some completely bullshit second-rate match with some third-rate clown I've never even heard of before.  It's hardly even worth it for me to bother to show up.

Tony:  Yeah, but you might as well.  If nutin' else, it gives you somebody to have a fun time beatin' da crap out of to let out some of dat pent up aggression.

Nick cannot help but chuckle at that last comment from Tony, bringing the rarest of slight smiles to his face in the process.

Nick:  I suppose that's a valid point.

The more pleasant nature of Nick doens't last long however, as the scowl quickly returns to his face.

Nick:  Of course the fact that I'm even in the situation to be scrounging the bottom of the barrel against a complete nobody like this is an absolute embarrassment.

Tony:  Who da hell is he?

Nick:  Apparently his name is Damien Kingston.  I don't know, don't ask me, I had to reread the damn card like 10 times to remember it and still had no idea who the hell he was.  Get this though, he's some newbie who's been rambling on about being undefeated and all sorts of crap like that, but the guy has had TWO damn matches.  So this guy is rambling on about how freakin' great he thinks he is, and meanwhile he's hardly even wrestled in SCW and sure as hell hasn't faced a single person that's worth a damn.  People are supposed to be impressed by this?  I mean sure, given some of the absolute losers in this company, I guess two wins is better than some of these clowns can scrounge up in their entire careers.  The only problem for him is that, as impressed with himself as he may be, he can feel free to keep rambling on for these next couple of days about how great he supposedly is, and he better get while the getting is good, because it's all about to come crashing down around him.  So, come Sunday, his little stretch of so-called...

Nick raises his hands in the air and does quotes with his fingers as he speaks in an extremely snide and sarcastic tone.

Nick: ... "glory" is all about to come to a very quick and very very painful end.

Tony:  Sound like either dis clown ain't know what he's really gots to face in SCW.

Nick:  I'd imagine not, or he'd probably already be running scared by now.

Tony:  Yeah, either dat or he figured he'd ride da wave of wins against da otha' losers around here for a while before gettin' his ass beat by a real wrestler.

Nick:  If that's the case, he should have just retired after his last match, because he's completely screwed now.

Tony:  You ain't kiddin'.

At that point, Nick finishes off his beer and puts the empty bottle back down on the bar.  The bartender starts to walk back towards Nick, but Nick waves him off as he stands up from his bar stool.  Tony seems a bit surprised as Nick appears to be leaving.

Tony:  You's ain't getting another beer boss?

Nick:  Nope.

Tony seems to wait for more of a response out of that from Nick, but Nick clearly has no interest in saying any more than that.

Tony:  Oh... you's gonna go get ready for your match or somet'in'?

Nick:  No, I just want to be alone for a damn change.

And without another word or giving Tony a chance to respond, Nick turns and walks away.  Tony seems a bit caught off guard by that, as Nick's poor attitude has gotten to the point of even causing him to take an attitude with Tony.  Tony watches leave for a little bit before simply shrugging and turning back to his beer as the scene fades.
>