Author Topic: “Golden opportunity knocks!”  (Read 676 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“Golden opportunity knocks!”
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »
(Fenris, Aron and Carter used with Chris’s permission, Osbourne used with Mark’s permission)

Krystal’s last match of 2020 did not end the way she had hoped having lost her second match on SCW TV as a SCW Bombshell to Tempest but she apparently impressed the bosses enough to not only be booked on the first Climax Control of 2021 but be given a major opportunity, the chance to compete for a Roulette Title Shot at the first Supercard of the year, Inception V, against defending champion Johanna Krieger, her competition?

GRIME member Royal Purple, perennial fan favourite Alice Knight and SCW Hall of Famer and Grand Slam Champion Mercedes Vargas, all four women were hungry for the win but perhaps none more so than Krystal who was looking to avenge a disappointing end to 2020 but given her recent problems with Ruby Diamond you knew that the rookie bombshell was going to get involved somehow, can Krystal win?

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 3rd of January 2021. 18:00pm

What did you do over the holidays?

I know this may seem like a redundant question given the sheer shitshow that was 2020 but I know several Superstars and Bombshells who were able to make the holidays work despite the pandemic and all the restrictions that came with it, so I ask you again, what did you do over the holidays?

Me? The holidays have never been a happy time for me.

To make a long story short, my mom was murdered on Christmas Day in 2012 and since then, I’ve been unable to disassociate the holidays with that tragic event so most holidays are either spent gaming or drinking (not helped by the fact that the rest of my family is back in Adelaide and I cut off all contact with them years ago) but this year? I managed to find a way to make a Dungeons and Dragons campaign work with me as the DM.

As for the other players, well……...

“Okay, so after a long day’s travel you arrive in the town of Anghor Thorn.” I announced to the players as they moved their icons into the town on Roll 20. “It is a small, mountain community on the way to the Goblin encampment that you have been sent to exterminate, however it is still a day’s travel away.”

“Excellent, we can stock up on supplies and rest here.” Osbourne responded as his Goliath Barbarian Krok, yes, that Osbourne, as in London Underground’s Osbourne, we needed another melee unit for balance and I reached out to London Underground first, it just so happened that the big man was the only one available. “Where is the nearest tavern?”

“The nearest tavern is The Ogre’s Horseshoe, which is in the town centre.” I responded and Makayla, my ex-girlfriend who was playing the Wood Elf Ranger Annastriana, suppressed a giggle. “Something funny?”

“Ogre’s Horseshoe? Really?” Makayla asked and I glanced at the other players in the video chat, Osbourne, naturally, was being his usual cool, calm and collected self, the others were also giggling. “Was that the best tavern name you could come up with?”

“It was either that or The Ogre’s Taint and I didn’t want to traumatize anyone with that mental image.” I explained before moving the cursor around the town. “Speaking of supplies, there are a few shops dotted around the town, nothing big but they should give you what you need, food, hunting supplies……...”

“Musical instruments?” Ariana, playing the Half-Elf Bard Meri, asked with an annoyed look on her face and the rest of the party groaned. “You know, since SOMEONE tossed my bagpipes into a deep dark pit!”

“You were threatening to give away our position!” Aron, playing the Human Wizard Kristjan, pointed out, yes, he named his wizard after Fenris, or at least his real name, and yes, he mostly joined the group because he needed something to take his mind off the attack by Austin on the last Climax Control of 2020. “Seriously what possessed you to buy bagpipes at the start of the campaign when you started with a lute?!”

“Krystal mentioned that the shop had bagpipes and I HAD to buy them.” Ari insisted and I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself. “And it was a song of rest.”

“A song of rest that could’ve been heard halfway across the world.” Carter, playing the Tabaxi Fighter Cheeta, pointed out and Ari stuck her tongue out at her bestie, and yes, he did pick his character after watching Wonder Woman 84, why do you ask? “Not that you were much better with the lute.”

“That sounds like a good time for a musical interlude.” Ari responded and the other players facepalmed as she got her lute out on camera, yes, she went ahead and brought a lute from Amazon for the game. “Cause I heal this party, cause I heal this party with rock and roll.” Ari sung and if you’re thinking that her singing ability can’t be much worse than her cooking then you are being generous to say the least, not helped by the fact that she rolled low on Charisma when rolling up stats and still insisted on playing a bard.

“Your “singing” sends several nearby citizens to flee into their homes and the town guard give you a warning for disturbing the peace.” I narrated the events to the players as Carter, in character, hissed at Ari and Fenris stepped into view on Aron’s webcam. “Now are you heading towards The Ogre’s Horseshoe or do you still want to stock up on supplies?”

“The Ogre’s Horseshoe?” Fenris asked with a raised eyebrow and Aron glanced up seeing his brother behind him. “Fucking nerds.” Fenris commented as he shook his head.

“Hey, I wear that “fucking nerd” label as a badge of pride K!” I insisted with a grin on my face and Fenris shook his head before walking off screen. “So, what do you want to do?”

“Aside from casting Silence on the Bard?” Aron asked earning nods off approval from Carter, Osbourne and Makayla and an annoyed glare from Ari. “I say we head into the tavern and try to get our rooms booked, we don’t know how long we’re going to spend here, right?”

“Krystal seemed to imply that we’ll be here for the night.” Osbourne pointed out and the others nodded in agreement. “So, I vote we do that.”

“Everyone in agreement?” I asked the party and they nodded before I changed the scene to the inside of the tavern. “Inside the tavern you find your usual drunk revellers, whether it be mercenaries passing through the town, off duty guardsman, just drunken fools or all of the above, the tavern appears to be doing good business, behind the bar are several bartenders, a male Dwarf, two female elves and a human.”

“I go up to the bar to inquire about rooms for the night.” Makayla announced to the group as she moved her character up. “Fenris is with me.”

“No, I’m over here.” Fenris chimed in from Aron’s webcam and I shook my head. “Not in Adelaide, or wherever your game is taking place.”

“No K, Makayla merely named her pet bear after you.” I responded as I rolled my eyes and Fenris stormed into view as Team Go started cracking up. “It was either that or name it after me and we both agreed that it would’ve been too awkward.”

“And naming it after me isn’t much better?!” Fenris asked and I simply shrugged my shoulders in response. “By the way, the first Climax Control card of the year has been posted.”

“I’ll check that out once we take a break.” I nodded in response and Fenris walked off screen again. “As I was saying, the Dwarf walks up to you and looks over the party.” I added before putting on my best Scottish accent. “You lot looking for rooms?”

“Yes, one room for each of us please.” Makayla responded before mimicking a bear grunting. “And my bear.”

“The rooms for the ones who walk on two legs can be easily arranged.” I responded as the Dwarf Bartender before I pretended to point at the bear. “But not the furry one, it’s unhygienic!”

“Fine.” Makayla sighed as she rolled her eyes. “You have stables out back right?” Makayla asked and after I gave my ex a curious look as the bartender I nodded. “Guys, you can take the rooms, I’m going to sleep with Fenris in the stables.”

It was at that point that Team Go completely lost it, Ari literally fell out of her chair laughing and Carter was barely holding it together, Aron on the other hand was trying his best not to laugh whilst Osbourne merely chuckled and after a few moments Fenris poked his head in again. “I thought you told me that your ex-girlfriend is a lesbian Krystal?” Fenris asked with a confused look on his face and I chuckled.

“I am and so is my character.” Makayla explained as Ari righted her chair and Carter was still having a laughing fit. “I was talking about the bear anyway.”

Fenris merely shook his head before walking off screen. “I said it once and I’ll say it again, fucking nerds,” Fenris grumbled before we continued the game.

*a few minutes later*

Once Team Go had recovered from their laughing fit the party took their rooms (or stable in Makayla’s case) and I used that as an excuse to call for a break, whilst the others went off to either stretch their legs (Aron) get a snack (both members of Team Go) or both (Osbourne) me and Makayla remained at our computers as I looked over the first Climax Control card of the year, and you can probably guess what match caught my eye first.

“Fatal Four Way for a shot at the Bombshell Roulette Championship at Inception V, Royal Purple vs. Krystal Wolfe vs. Alice Knight vs. Mercedes Vargas?!” I repeated it out loud as I stared at the match in shock, I had read the rest of the card, but the second Roulette Rules match of the night had immediately caught my attention, “I’m in contention for a title shot already?!”

“And against some of the best wrestlers on the roster, not to mention a Hall of Famer.” Makayla nodded as it set in. “I knew your goal in SCW was to face the best of the best, but I doubt you thought that you’d be put in a title contention match so soon.”

“Yeah, especially after how my first two matches went.” I nodded with a frown on my face, I’ll be the first to admit that my first two matches of my SCW Career didn’t go my way and I was hoping to redeem myself in 2021 but I never expected this, then it dawned on me. “Ruby.”

“Hmmm?” Makayla asked with a raised eyebrow before it hit her. “That English chick you were feuding with before Crimbo? Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“How long until she tries to screw me out of this title opportunity?” I asked rhetorically with a nod before Team Go returned to their seats and I noticed that Carter was in a sour mood. “Something up Carter?”

“SCU released their first card of the year, I’ve been left off it again.” Carter responded as he shook his head before motioning to Ari. “Meanwhile, Ari has a Pride Tag Team Title defence against Mrs. Right and Mickey Caroll and Coby Qwik is challenging for the TV Title that should be mine!”

“Carter, whatever you do, don’t turn into a camp version of Jessie Salco.” I warned him with a concerned look on my face and Carter quickly nodded. “Your better than that.”

“I know, but it’s hard to remain neutral when GRIME commit highway robbery!” Carter responded with a nod as Aron and Osbourne returned to their seats. “What’s happening on the SCW side?”

“The first CC of the year seems to be dedicated to setting up the Inception V card with two Roulette Title Shot matches in a row where the winner challenges for the title at Inception V, one for the men’s and one for the women’s, both are Fatal Four Way Roulette Rules Matches.” I explained before I took a deep breath. “And I’m in the women’s match against Royal Purple, Alice Knight and Mercedes Vargas.”

“Nice! First match of the year and it could mean a title opportunity for you!” Aron responded with a big thumbs up and I nodded in agreement. “That is, unless Ruby decides to screw you out of the opportunity.”

“Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid off.” I nodded in agreement as I shifted my weight. “Unless the wheel lands on Cage Match or something else that makes interference difficult, I’ll have to wrestle with one eye always glancing over my shoulder.”

“If you want, I can talk to the other members of London Underground, see if I can get Mackenzie and Charlotte to provide security.” Osbourne offered and I glanced over at him. “Fenris can attest to the fact that Mackenzie can throw a mean punch.”

“DON’T REMIND ME!” Fenris’s annoyed voice echoed from off screen and we all shared a good laugh at his expense.

“Appreciate it Os but I think London Underground’s going to be occupied, Daniel’s competing against Mercer later in the night.” I explained and it didn’t take long for the mood to sour between us, we were all still pissed off about Austin’s attack on Aron right before Christmas and for good reason. “Unless we feed Ruby some of Ari’s cooking, I don’t think it’ll work out.”

“So, you’re just going to hope for the best?” Ari asked and I nodded in response. “Main question is, if you win what does it mean for your match against Ruby?”

“I made that challenge before they made this match obviously, and it wouldn’t ne the first time they’ve changed plans for the PPV.” I nodded as I thought for a minute. “I think the most we can expect is that it gets pushed back to the second PPV of the year, gives me time to think of more song references at least.”

“If you want help with that, give us a call.” Makayla responded with a nod and I grinned in response. “Oh, and they’ve announced the signups for this year’s Blast from the Past.”

“You couldn’t keep me away from that tournament if you tried.” I responded with a grin before getting my phone out. “That tournament’s been on my bucket list since I started training at the Go Gym! Hell, I don’t care if I win or lose in the first round, so long as I can say that I participated.”

“And if you win, you can continue at least one Go Gym tradition.” Carter pointed out and I quickly got the idea.

“A Go Gym Graduate winning the tournament? That would be pretty fucking sweet.” I responded with a grin as I thought about a match with Keira. “Especially if it means facing one half of Team Hero for the gold.”

“Should be a hell of a match if you make it that far.” Makayla nodded in agreement and I grinned before deciding to get things back on track.

“Okay, I’m ready to resume the action if you guys are.” I offered and the others nodded before I picked up after the long rest.

*promo time*

The rest of the D&D session went well but now, it was all business because I have a match to promote and it’s the biggest one of my SCW career so far.

“The New Year is finally here, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say THANK FUCK 2020 is finally over! With that out of my system, I can only look towards the future or more specifically, the Fatal Four Way Match to determine Johanna Krieger’s challenger at Inception V between me, Royal Purple, Alice Knight and the SCW Hall of Famer Mercedes Vargas and with Roulette Rules in place, anything can happen, including me winning this match!”

And I’m starting with Royal Purple,

“If you’re expecting me to start with anyone but the GRIME member then you haven’t been paying attention to SCU Underground, have you? Royal Purple may have signed up to SCW at the same time as me but she and the rest of GRIME, or the 2 Spoopy 4 U Club as Ari likes to call them, has been a royal pain in my backside since Supernova and this match will be no exception! But at the end of the day, my main mission in this match is simple.”

Take a guess!

“If you guessed “keep GRIME from adding another title to their ranks” then congrats on guessing correctly! Off course, I have other concerns regarding a certain hyperactive wrestler from England who seems to be competing with me for “bluest hair on the SCW Roster” but if she keeps her nose out of it then I can focus on not only winning this match but shutting down any chance GRIME has at adding another title to their ranks! And considering thar you got your ass kicked by a rookie called Ruby Steele just before Christmas I don’t think that’ll be a problem!”

Next up is Alice!

“And now onto Alice Knight, the woman who, at one point, had control of one of Christian’s Credit Cards and I still wait for the day when we’ll get to see the bill he received after she originally left, anyway Alice, you’ve had one match since returning which you won and now your up for title contention, that would be impressive if not for one fact, the fact that the person you beat was Apple Coren!”

Seriously!

“Nothing against Apple but I’m quite sure that at this point there’s only a handful of wrestlers on the roster who haven’t beaten her and that’s only because they haven’t been booked against her yet! And just because I know this will be brought up, yes, my SCW career didn’t exactly get off to the best of starts with back to back losses against Andrea Hernandez and Tempest but I at least have my SCU success to fall back on, you on the other hand haven’t done much of note since returning and that won’t change any time soon!”

Last up is Mercedes!

“When I made my SCW debut last year, I said that I wanted to face the best of the best, as I was saying those words there were several names running through my head, Alicia Lukas, Sam Marlowe, both members of Team Hero, hell even Jessie Salco was on that list, but the point is, your name was on that list as well Mercedes! However, there is one little problem, you weren’t at the top of the list, you weren’t even in the middle.”

Getting the idea yet?

“You were at the bottom, right below Jessie Salco! Now I bet your thinking “why is a Grand Slam Champion at the bottom of the list when Jessie who has the worst win/loss record in the company is above her”, simple, Jessie has proven that she’s still got what it takes to win a title, just ask Johanna Krieger, I’ll be sure to ask her when I meet her at Inception V, but you? It’s been years since your last title match and that says one thing to me, as a wrestler, your spent and that’ll be proven this Sunday when I emerge the winner and the third challenger to Johanna Krieger’s Roulette Championship! And yes Ms. Historian, you can add that to the record books when all is said and done!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I didn’t think that I’d be in title contention so soon into my SCW career but when a golden opportunity knocks, you had better answer that door! Off course, to get that opportunity I have to get past Royal Purple, Alice Knight and Mercedes Vargas in a Fatal Four Way Roulette Rules Match this Sunday on Climax Control and I plan to do just that, it doesn’t matter if it’s the GRIME member, the never was or the has been because one of them will be brought down by the Down Under Thunderbomb by “Down Under Thunder” Krystal Wolfe!”