Author Topic: Burn the witch  (Read 952 times)

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
Burn the witch
« on: December 07, 2020, 10:54:10 PM »
There has to be something more to this
Off Camera
Taco Bell, Toronto Canada
5 Years Ago

She couldn’t get away from the smell. The meat, the cheese, the grease. It was always there now. In her hair, on her skin. Now matter how much she washed the feeling was there. Sierra took a deep breath opening her small locker in the employee room. She pulled the purple hat off her head undoing the heavy button up shirt throwing them both in her locker before pulling out a black Trivium shirt and a red knitted cap pulling it over her long black hair with a few blond streaks. This wasn’t the Sierra we know today though, there were no tattoos, no arrogant confident swagger.

She adjusted her hat in the mirror as she sighed and looked at herself. Her eyes hung heavy and tired, her body ached. She grabbed her wallet, attaching the chain to a belt loop sliding it in her back pocket as the door opened behind her. A few of the other girls she worked with walked in, the three of them all moving to their lockers while talking. Sierra didn’t even hear her friend come up next to her. ”Yo, you wanna go out tonight?. Your moms can watch Jade right?” Sierra seemed to not even hear her, her attention obviously elsewhere.

Her fingers moved fast on her phone before she let out a deep sigh and swore under her breathe in Spanish. ”Mierda” Juliet raised an eyebrow.

”What?..Si?” She snapped out of it and turned her head sideways noticing Juliet and the others staring at her. She tilted her head trying to figure out why they were gawking. Juliet looked at the others and moved her head to the side, the other two turned away. ”I asked if you wanted to go out tonight. You ok?” Sierra smirked and gave a small shrug closing her locker and turning to lean against it. Juliet wanted to ask, she wanted to talk, but she had no idea what to say. Her long blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail, her blue eyes framed with the perfect amount of eyeliner. If you looked at her and Sierra standing next to each other, you'd think they wouldn’t be friends. They had very little in common. Sierra listened to rock and metal, she was from a mixed household. She had long dark hair, olive skin and had a hard outer edge.Juliet was pale, had long blond hair, blue eyes and was soft and sweet. She was the first to talk to Sierra when she started working there a few months before. ”You gotta look after Jade?”

Sierra shook her head and sighed deeply. ”Nah I’m...working out tonight.” The other two girls snickered behind Juliet, she turned and shot them a look of annoyance and raised her eyebrows.

”Si, why do you do that to yourself?” I get you had a dream but now, well you got Jade. Sierra pushed off the lockers and slid her phone in her pocket, Juliet stepped in front of Sierra with a sigh. ”This wrestling thing, leave it to your brothers. Live a normal life. Work, look after your daughter, and hang with your friends once in a while”

She reached out and grabbed Sierra’s arm, she shook her head again and pushed away. ”Look, I gotta….I gotta go” The other two girls laughed again as Sierra moved out the door.

Burning the witch

”And I’m back.

Sierra smiled, her hair flowing down with a bandana tied up reversed underneath. She sighed heavily and gave a small shrug.

”I know, it seems like a real cycle doesn’t it? Sierra Williams pops in for a match here and there, usually gets a quick win then boom off into the ether. I guess you could say I’m a full time wrestler with a part time contract in Sin City. I mean I perform other places, I still am hungry for success but in this company my appearances are few and far between. And to be clear on this, and it’s something you should all know, I love Sin City Wrestling, this place will always hold a special spot in my heart and I will always consider it a home. The company has alot of great names and an incredible lineage.”

“And I am glad that I have been a part of it despite the fact as a singles star I haven’t quite been able to burst through that glass ceiling.”

“With Lachlan I realised a dream of becoming a champion, he and I raised those mixed tag titles up and we held them with pride and dignity, and I am happy as they have been kept relevant by the current champions the black sheep as well as Sass and Bash as well as Wolfslair and London Underground. That division and those titles again will hold a special spot in my heart and maybe one day Lachlan and I will try and reclaim them. But, there is still this need I have, a goal and a dream. I want to hold singles gold, to show that by myself on my own merits I am good enough to be a champion…”

“It’s still a goal, it’s still what I chase and I’m not someone who likes to give up.”

She clasps her hands together and stares ahead, her body language showing doubt and deep thought.

”Maybe it’s unjust not in the cards. I9 mean, I know I’m good enough,m I know I can stack up against the best of this division. If people like Jessie Salco can be a champion, if people like Candy and Brittany Williams can hold gold then you damn sure bet that I can. But, I need to work my way there, and what better way than to face someone who really is an institution on SCW?. Someone who has basically seen it all, done it all and has the pedigree and accolades to go with it? A woman who has been to the top of the mountain and nIs a constant name on everyone's lips and someone who over the last few months has reestablished herself…”

“Smantha Marlowe…”

“You and I have done this song and dance before. We’ve been in the ring, we know what the other is capable of. You know I’m not a push over, you know I’m not an easy win, but you also know that while I am more than capable of beating you, you are more than capable of beating me.”

“That means that the SCW fans are going to get a show when the high flying Houston Texas native goes one on one with the Mexinadian queen of technical wrestling.”

“But, while I respect you, I have to be honest here, I need this…”

She pauses again and her mood seems to dim, her ruby red lips turn to a frown as Sierra takes in a long deep breath.

”Last time anyone saw me was before halloween when I beat Candy. And what did that win do for me Sam? Candy is a former Roulette champion and someone who alot of people like and appreciate, someone who people respect because of not only her nature and personality but because of her heart and willingness to just keep getting up no matter how bad you beat her down. I beat her...and it did nothing.I went toe to toe with the Demoness herself Maki, and even though I lost she and I had one of those knockdown drag out fights that people would consider to be legendary…”

“Lachlan and I reunited to beat the crap out of the Trenton Tigers...and that also did nothing…”

“But a win against you Sam, a win against you gets those eyes on me and it opens people's ears to what I have to say and what I have to do. A win against you puts me back on the map and will jog peoples memory as to what I can do and who Sierra Williams is. It will remind people that I’m not just Lachlans wife, I’m not just a former Mixed tag team champion, I’m not just a good wrestler from a wrestling family. I am also a bad bad bitch. .I am also tough as nails and I can beat you down as well as tie you up and make you tap and scream in pain.”

“I am not to be forgotten or pushed aside or treated like just a name on a piece of paper. No Sam, I am here to remind everyone that I am good enough to be a champion...and against you...I’ll prove it.”
>