Author Topic: “New Champ on the Block!”  (Read 507 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“New Champ on the Block!”
« on: January 08, 2021, 06:54:21 PM »
J2H had kept his word, he had awarded Caleb Storms the SCW Internet Championship after winning it from Teddy Steele at High Stakes X, so how have things been for Caleb since then? Well, until now he hasn’t wrestled since High Stakes X, he got attacked by Austin James Mercer the following week only to be saved by Fenris and he released a song parody directed at Austin that was ignored by Austin.

Despite that, his last match of 2020 still ended with a win and that was all that mattered to Caleb and this week he was competing in the Main Event against the SCW World and Mixed Tag Team Champion Kris Ryans in a clash of champions match, Ryans was vacating one of those titles earlier in the night but regardless of his choice neither of their singles titles were on the line, can Caleb kick off 2020 with a win?

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 8th of January 2020, 18:00pm

I have some things to clear up.

First, the whole Internet Title situation, yes, the title was handed to me and yes, I gladly took it from J2H, but I was always told that if I saw an opportunity, I should grab it, not my fault the other male wrestlers took issue with it, or that Austin decided to do something about it, and as for the weeks leading into High Stakes X?

Look, I had no doubt that J2H could kick Teddy’s ass blindfolded and with both hands ties behind his back, but I had my doubts as to whether J2H would keep his word or not, I may be a young wrestler, but I do know how cut throat the business can be.

No, I don’t know how I didn’t see Austin’s attack coming either.

Anyway, that brings me to this week’s match, my first match since High Stakes X in fact and I’m starting the year in a big way by facing Kris Ryans in a clash of champions match, neither title is on the line, but this will be a great opportunity for me to prove that I can hang in the Main Event against the World Heavyweight Champion and I’m not letting this opportunity slip through my fingers! And if I can pick up the win, all the better.

As for why I’m at the Go Gym, well……….

“That was some good training.” I heard a male voice ring out as two male trainees stepped into the reception area, the trainee who spoke was English, but I couldn’t tell you where he was from whilst the other guy was American. “Team Go really put us through our paces.”

“Ari may have some unique recipes and Carter may be, well, Carter, but they are graduates of the Go Gym and Ari is a champ for a reason and Carter’s a hell of a wrestler in his own right.” The American trainee nodded in agreement before they spotted me. “Caleb Storms?! Didn’t know you graduated from here.” He commented and I glanced up before shaking my head.

“If I did, they would’ve let me past reception.” I responded as I motioned to Angel. “And whilst I did train here to prepare for my last match against Fenris, that wasn’t a complete course, I’m here to surprise the wife.” I explained as I motioned to the flowers that I had brought with me. “And yes, I did clear this with Gabriel and Odette, otherwise I would’ve gone past reception.”

“Fair enough.” The English guy nodded in recognition before I pocketed my phone. “I’m Josh, he’s Kaden, we’re in the same class as Katie.”

“I gathered that.” I nodded as I looked the two guys over, they were good looking guys and in good shape, so they seemed to be poised for a bright future in SCW/wrestling. “How is Katie coming along?”

“She’s looking poised to be the top of the female class.” Kaiden explained and my eyebrows shot up when I heard that. “She’s coming a long a lot faster than we thought she would honestly.”

“She always was a bit of a fitness nut, I guess I can see her applying that same mindset to wrestling.” I nodded as I got the idea and the two guys nodded before they made their way to the parking lot. “You guys off home?”

“Training’s hard work, plus I want to catch the Climax Control promos.” Josh responded with a nod and Kaiden nodded in agreement. “Nice meeting you Caleb.”

“Likewise.” I nodded before they left.

*a few minutes later*

Once they had left the other trainees came out though they either didn’t notice me or didn’t stop for a chat, that is until Katie came out alongside another female trainee. “I heard your coming along well Katie.” I commented upon seeing her and she looked up before grinning as she saw the flowers.

“It hasn’t been easy but yeah, I guess you could say that.” Katie responded with a grin as I handed her the flowers, and we shared a quick kiss. “And please tell me you cleared this with Gabriel and Odette? You know this place is closed to the public.”

“First thing I did when I got the idea, sure beat brainstorming song ideas at the studio all day.” I responded with a nod before glancing over at the other female trainee. “I hope they aren’t going too easy on her.”

“Trust me, they don’t go easy on anyone, that’s how so many top tier wrestlers graduate from here.” The other woman responded with a thick Texas accent. “Name’s Caitlin by the way, I would say all me Cate but that would be confusing with your wife here.”

“Not really, since I just call her Katie anyway.” I responded with a shrug as the two women adjusted their bags. “You came all the way down from Texas to train?”

“Nah, I moved up to Vegas a few years ago, kept the accent.” Caitlin explained with a nod as I got the idea. “Saying that, one of the male trainees moved from England to train here.”

“Josh? I had a chat with him and Kaiden before they left.” I asked and Caitlin nodded once she got the idea. “Guess that’s not too unusual since Krystal moved from Australia to train here.”

“True but with the travel restrictions, there’s a lot more Americans in this year’s class than there usually are.” Caitlin shrugged her shoulders in response. “Josh got lucky in a sense, he moved here in 2018 but had to get in shape before he could try the gym, the before/after pics are jaw-dropping.”

“I’ll have to show him the pics later.” Katie nodded before she motioned to the door and I got the idea before leaving the gym with them.

*a few minutes later*

We got in the car after saying buy to Caitlin and as Katie was loading up the car I got in the driver’s seat and Katie sat in the passenger’s side before I started driving home with “Wings of Agony” by Lutharo playing through the CD Player.

“Caleb, be honest with me.” Katie sighed after a few minutes and after hearing her tone of voice I turned down the music. “Are you trying to make up with me?”

“Make up with you?” I asked with a confused look on my face and she nodded. “What do you mean?”

“All the antics you’ve pulled since we spent the summer in the Gold Coast, the song parodies, you know as well as I do how much stress it’s caused me.” Katie pointed out before shifting her weight. “And now you surprise me with flowers at the Go Gym? I’m half expecting to be greeted with a candlelit dinner when we got home!”

“How’d you guess?” I asked and Katie shook her head with a laugh. “Seriously, I may play a fool, but I have noticed how much stress you’ve been under, and whilst I didn’t earn the title the traditional way, the fact is that my title reign is bringing in the big bucks, enough for me to splurge out on some good quality food for the candlelit dinner, I figured you needed the treat.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the gesture, but you don’t have to go that far for me Caleb.” Katie assured me and I grinned in response. “I didn’t marry you because you splurged out to make me happy, I married you for who you are.”

“I know but at least we have a nice meal waiting for us.” I assured her with a grin which Katie returned before I drove off.

*promo time*

It was indeed a good meal and I do know how to cook very well, I volunteered to do the dishes as I knew Katie was still tired from the day of training and once that was done, I got ready to do my promo in my practice space.

“Okay, I’m not about to pretend that I earned this title, but the fact remains that I ended 2020 as champion and I intend to be a fighting champion to the bitter end! And what better way to show just that than by going toe to toe with the current World Heavyweight Champion himself Kris Ryans in this week’s Main Event where neither of our titles are on the line and the only thing that matters is bragging rights, well, that and what title Kris will vacate on Sunday, but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

It seems obvious to me but I’m not a mind reader!

“The beginnings of our title reigns couldn’t be more different Kris, you earned the title in a hard fought match, I was given the title as an early Christmas present by a Hall of Famer but whilst that is true, I’m on a mission this Sunday Kris and that mission is to show the world that I’m not backing down from any challenge whether that be from my first challenger or from the World Heavyweight Champion himself, hell they could put me against Fenris next week and I wouldn’t back down!”

Honestly!

“But enough about my knight in sour armour and his problems with the biggest asshole on the SCW Roster, this is about you Kris and I know you’ll put up a hell of a fight and like I said, I’m not backing down from that fight, the real question is, will the new World Heavyweight Champion emerge as the winner of his first match as champion? Or will he stumble and allow the new Internet Champion to come out the winner? Personally, I know this can go either way, but it would be a hell of a way to kick off my Internet Title Reign by beating the new World Heavyweight Champion!”

It’s that simple.

“So, to whoever my first challenger is, watch this week’s Main Event closely because you’ll see the fight that you expect from me, whether that challenge will be at Inception V or in the weeks leading up to it! As for you Kris, I have three words for you, don’t underestimate me! I may have been given this title by J2H, but I’ll prove that I can be a worthy champion win, lose or draw and if I can do it by winning, it’ll be all the sweeter.”

And just to get this out the way.

“Yes, I know the way I got this title was controversial to say the least, I learned that the hard way when I got punched by Austin, but it’s not about how you start, it’s how you finish and as the new champ on the block I aim to do this title proud! The history books won’t remember the fact that I got handed this title by JK2H, they’ll remember that I was the champion after J2H and that’s all that matters, they’ll also remember that I beat Kris Ryans in my first match as champion and there’s nothing that anyone can say that will change that!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!

“When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, when J2H gives you a championship he just won, you make the most of that opportunity and this Sunday I’m going to prove that if I had won this title the quote unquote “right way” by beating Teddy Steele in a match, I’d still be a worthy champion by bringing the fight to Kris Ryans because he had better brace himself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your new Internet Champion!”

I walked off as the scene fades.
user posted image