Author Topic: Asterisk the 23rd: Are You Happy Now?  (Read 331 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 23rd: Are You Happy Now?
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
 S|C|E|N|E| 001
[ A F T E R  | H O U R S]

♦ ♦ ♦
11:37 PM | S U N D A Y

[The historic, groundbreaking episode of Climax Control 125 is in the books. Backstage cameras have caught up with Mercedes who had just pulled off her second upset of Raynin in a triple threat match, also involving Amy Marshall. The Argentine is back in the gear she came into the venue with: a feminine off-the-shoulder top and shape-hugging jeans. Leaning against the wall, a picture perfect and a shake of her head makes the realization that bizarre. She didn't think her return to singles competition would turn out this quickly, especially against one of the premier names in the Bombshells division. It wasn't pretty, but she'll take the win. When asked about it, she shrugs. It was her natural reaction after pulling off unbelievable upsets such at this one.]

Mercedes: I don't know how it happened or why, but I came out of a match with two current Bombshell champions – two Bombshell champions! - so it's not like I'm going to get an award or anything. Amy was this close to being pinned. Good thing I was there to save her from that. I doubt I'll be getting a Hallmark card, though.

[Mercedes tosses her hair back. While her win most likely doesn't mean anything as far as a title opportunity goes, she was sure it would be in her immediate future. After being asked some more basic questions, her cell goes off and she reaches into her back pocket, pulling out a slim version of an iPhone6. Mercedes smiles as apparently she has a text message. It's the newest card for this upcoming show – in her hometown – and slowly looks down the card. She was not featured in the opener. She wasn't following the opener. She looks down further, seeing as she's not even in the mid-match. When she gets to the bottom two-thirds of the card, that smile is replaced with a frown.

She looks up at the camera crew who are still filming and with about as much enthusiasm as a visit to the dentist, she shows off her phone to the camera.
]

Mercedes: Hey, look everyone! My next opponent for Climax Control is Alexis Edwards. Look at all the cares I give?

~ ~ ~

Mercedes has just now finished her interview as she is ready to go home. Just as she turns the corner, she runs into Janet, spilling the contents of the makeup kit she was carrying. After another stressful day of tweaking hair, adjusting wardrobes, and checking in on the Bombshells looking their best before coming out to the entrance ramp, SCW's resident makeup artist was worse for wear. The collision just made her even more pissed off than she already was.

Janet: ¡Mira lo que le hiciste! ¿Sabes, eso me costó el salario de un mes? ¡Simplemente genial! ¡Mira por dónde vas!

[Mercedes freaks out and helps her pick up the supplies, well, what concealers, powders and eyeliners she could salvage among the shattered bottles of foundation and mascara. Even as she did so, she almost felt the cold stare from SCW's resident makeup artist.]

Mercedes: Oh my God! Janet, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there....

[Mercedes stares at her wide-eyed.]

Mercedes: Wait, did you just insult me in Spanish?

[Janet pulls back her finger after a tiny glass shard nearly cuts her.]

Janet: Maybe?

Mercedes: Not bad.

[Mercedes smile doesn't reassure her of this, but she does so anyway.]

Mercedes: What are you doing out so late? I thought you would be the first to leave after the show was over?

Janet: I've been leaving late ever since the World Tour started. A MUA's job is never done.

[Stares at the ruined cosmetics on the floor.]

Mercedes: Right. I'll cover for the makeup, you have my word.

Janet: Really? Thank you Mercedes. You're a sweetheart.

Mercedes: No problem. And Janet?

Janet: Yeah?

Mercedes: Your Spanish is very good. A little more emphasis on a couple of words and you'll be a natural in no time.

Janet: No sabes lo importante que es eso para mí.

[Fade]

\'user

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[A M E N | B R E A K, P A R T III]

♦ ♦ ♦
2:35PM | T U E S D A Y

“You have to admit, Richie. This vacation was a good idea.”

“Not when I have to take this mutt around it's not. Why, oh, why did I listen? And this is NOT a working vacation. It's the next scene in the movie.”

[Ricardo alternates between holding a raft of papers in one hand and the leash in his hand. Mercedes kneels down next to the Bichon Frise breed, who looks at her lovingly.]

Mercedes: Your owner sure is grouchy today, isn't he? I think he's the one who needs the walk instead.

Director: Haha, very funny. My wife said I had to take this little one because her dog likes walking the beach.

Mercedes: Isn't that nice? Well, if you're looking for someone to watch her for you, I wouldn't mind.

[Ricardo crossed his arms and gave her a level look.]

Director:  Nice try, but you're not getting out of this one. You said you were going to finish the scenes we have left after your trip, so let's do that. Vamos.

[Despite the scenery of Cancun, this was anything but a working vacation, as Ricardo was sure to remind her. Defeated, Mercedes sulks and walks away to where Tomas, Irma and Hugo were all standing together under the umbrella. Irma and Hugo were reading copies of their script, while Tomas was ripping open a bag of M&Ms. Irma was the first to notice Mercedes toward the them.]

Mercedes: So, what did I miss?

Irma: Hi. Glad you can finally join us.

[Mercedes wraps her arms around herself in mock indignation.]

Mercedes: Brrrrr. Did anyone else felt a draft just now or is just me?

Tomas: It's supposed to be eighty today. You sure you're not coming down with something?

Hugo: Copy?

[Mercedes airily extends her hand out as Hugo hands her an extra copy. Yup, today was definitely not a working vacation.]

[Fade]

S|C|E|N|E| 003
[A M E N | B R E A K, P A R T IV]

♦ ♦ ♦
1:00PM | T H U R S D A Y

[When Sin City Wrestling announced it was going on a year-long world tour, the news was met with great anticipation not just from the fans, but also among the talent in the company. For some of the Superstars and Bombshell, SCW World Tour 2015 offers them the chance to know that there was more to see beyond their own backyards. Since the start of the tour back on January 11, SCW has visited 26 different arenas, and was on deck of a cruiseliner, in 26 cities in 27 different countries, including the United Kingdom; the UAE; Egypt; Saudi Arabia; Germany; China; Spain; Japan; Italy; and Australia.]

Mercedes Vargas: You would think we were competing on The Amazing Race or something.

[Mercedes' tongue-in-cheek response would be fairly accurate as she has been a part of the journey from the start. Eight months later, SCW started its South America leg on the world tour just last week in Montevideo, Uruguay. This week, Climax Control invades Buenos Aires in a return to that country in over two years. Back in 2013, SCW made its first voyage of the South American continent from March 17 – April 14, with stops to Venezuela, Colombia, Peru and Chile as as well as Argentina. This time around, the visit will have a special meaning. Visiting her native country will be Mercedes, as she grew up in the area and attended elementary to secondary school here. To make things even more special in her backyard, she will be in the co-main event for the second consecutive week at Climax Control 126.]

Mercedes Vargas: It's surreal. Who would have thought I would actually be before the main event two weeks in a row? Certainly not me. After last week, I think I like my chances of walking out of my match a little more.

[The former World Bombshell Tag Team Champion invited cameras to tag along on her journey. Today, we are in the central business district of the capital. One rule of thumb that Mercedes reminded us: make sure to bring a pair of good walking shoes.]

Mercedes Vargas: When you're here in Buenos Aires, you're mostly on your feet, all day. Transportation isn't all that great when you consider rush hour traffic and all, so walking it is. I can't tell you how many pair of shoes I've ruined. But it's still the best way to get around during the day, so it's worth it.

[Here in the famous Avenida de Mayo – May Avenue – Mercedes talks about her favorite coffee shop, Café Tortoni,, named one of the top ten beautiful coffeeshops in Buneos Aires and explained that not only is she excited about her match, but also looking forward to catching up with old friends.]

Mercedes Vargas: For a company like SCW to take a chance on someone like me who already had success elsewhere when they could have gone for someone who was younger and who they could mold into the next top Bombshell is something I'll always be forever grateful to them for. That I get to visit my country during the tour? Even better. I have a few people who already plan on attending. It doesn't get any better than that.

[At this stage of her career, how can it get better? Vargas has practically done it all.  She has graced the cover of magazines, has a communications degree from a college in Mexico, and has even acted and guest host television and award shows on occasion. But perhaps what this Porteña is most well known for is in professional wrestling, where she has accomplished quite a lot in just six years.

The brunette is a multiple-time world champion, a six-time world tag team champion as well as numerous other singles titles, both regional and international, and has won a few tournaments along the way. She has been nominated or has won several awards in her career, including being in the top ten of the best female singles wrestlers in the world and a hall of famer.

Having been in over a dozen promotions, the adage that nothing succeeds like success certainly holds true. However, it's in Sin City Wrestling where she has garnered her most fame or infamy, depending on which side of the fanbase you're on, as one of the most successful Bombshells to have ever graced the six-sided ring. Even today, she didn't know if she would reach this far in the company.
]

Mercedes Vargas:  When I signed with SCW in June 2013, I thought that I was going to be met with a lot of resentment from the other Bombshells who were there when I arrived, and maybe there were on or two. But at the same time, I wasn't telling them that I was going to take over the division or that I would win all the titles in less than a month. Even if I was THAT good, there is such a thing as not pushing above your weight, you know. I still believe that we have the toughest and most talented group of wrestlers on this or any other roster. And I think with the new girls coming in, the division will be left in good hands.

[This Sunday, Mercedes gets the opportunity to face one of the Bombshell division's future stars in the talented Alexis Edwards in a battle of youth versus experience. There is also the fact that Mercedes is one of four Bombshells not born in the United States currently on the active Bombshells roster, alongside Kate Steele (England), Lucy Seraphina (Russia) and Melanie Gabrielle (Denmark) of The Angel Clan. But winning in her hometown won't be as easy. Matthew Kennedy and Gabriel are the rarest of those who have won in their hometown, with both SCW superstars left London Brawling with Kennedy leaving as the new Roulette Champion and Gabriel becoming one half of the World Tag Team Champions with Despayre. Still, the six-year veteran is confident.]

Mercedes Vargas: I've never backed down from a challenge. I haven't then, and I'm not about to start now. I welcome Alexis and her challenge. She better hope she brings it Sunday. Because if she don't, she's going to end up just like Raynin did last week: on her back and with her shoulders pinned to the mat.

[Although Mercedes has lived in the United States all of her adult life, first living in Chicago then New York, she still keeps up to date with news from her home country, whether it's the La Albiceleste on the pitch or with Argentine politics. Most of the Bombshells in SCW will tell you that Mercedes isn't shy on giving on her opinion, and she offers her opinions on the current events in Argentina. She identifies herself as more center-left. She has had keen interest in this year's election, which happens in October as incumbent president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner won't be on this year's ballot, having already served for four years and was reelected in 2011.]

Mercedes Vargas: This year's election is something everyone will be looking forward to because the economy hasn't been very good in the past four years, not to mention the political scandals that's been going on. Whoever occupies La Casa Rosada - the Pink House - will have a lot on their plate.

[When asked if Argentina's president would be an honorary member of the Mean Girls now tht her political career is over, Vargas isn't hesitant to laugh at the question.]

Mercedes Vargas: Wow. That would be something, wouldn't it? I mean, she does have a lot of infamy going of her, so that's a plus. Don't know about the language barrier, though. I mean, Delia is French. And Angelica, Veronica, and Liz have a hard tim understanding my Spanish than me understanding their Valley. Also doesn't help when I have Holly to repeat whatever fashionista advice he has and Amanda is a little violent for my taste.

[One big happy family? Maybe not. The Mean Girls may no longer be around haunting the division and Liz and Amanda are no longer with the company, but the challenge brought out by Alexis has brought out the inner Mean Girl in Mercedes, the nine months in the stable was a stable of her two year career in SCW.

Longevity is something that some see as overrated. Mercedes has wrestled over 300 matches, has over 150 wins to her credit, and about that “The Amazing Race” quip? She's visited more cities (164) in her career than SCW has done in it's three-year history (94).

How does she do it?
]

Mercedes Vargas: I guess I just live right.

[Fade.]

S|C|E|N|E| 004
[ A R E | Y O U | H A P P Y | N O W?]

♦ ♦ ♦
4:450PM | F R I D A Y

[REC•]

When one thinks of Argentina, the first thing people don't notice is just how big it really is. And by big, it is just that. There are over 40 neighborhoods – or barrios as it's called here - and each one has their own identity and flavor. Our scene opens here in La Paz, a city some 70 kilometers from Buenos Aires, where we find Mercedes standing outside of her childhood home. She is decked out in the sky blue and white of Argentina's national team, but the important thing is, she is just as excited for her match Sunday. Rubbing her hands together, she flashes a smile at the camera

Mercedes: Alright, so here's the deal. Mikah and Alexis Edwards are probably two names you've heard that could be future stars in SCW.

Are they the future of the Bombshells Division? I don't know, I'm not sure.

Who does depends on your personal opinion. At least they'll be winning lots of hardware when award season comes along, so that's something, I guess.

[She shrugs.]

Mercedes: Alex is the Imperator Furiosa of the Bombshells Division. She is a supposed badass who is, more or less, grumpy all the time. She is the queen of mean. And I don't mean in a Mikah kind of way, or even the Mean Girls kind of way. I mean the “Grrr! Me angry! Piss off. F-you! Get off my lawn!” kind of way. Don't get me wrong, the girl is talented, yet most people find her moody side...entertaining.

[”Entertaining” was probably the first word that came into her head, but try telling that to the few Bombshells who have faced her.]

Mercedes: I've heard of some crazy things, but never have I ever heard of someone trying to get a match expunged from their record. Now I like Mikah, I really do, but I'm really beginning to question her sanity, because her request has a lot going against her. For one, I'm almost sure that, say, a sellout crowd in New Zealand saw her tap out to Roxi Johnson in the tag match. For two, Drew Patton called the match. You know, Alexis, with you turning out the way you are, maybe it would have been better if your parents didn't have kids. ... I take that back; your sister wouldn't be born and she seems like a gentle soul. But I would rather that Edwards the younger on the roster than the eldest any day.

[Mercedes has a edge in her voice as she's clearly is to show this newcomer why she's earned the reputation as the Argentine Assassin, and it's not just because of her talent in the ring, but through her words.]

Mercedes: Now Sin City Wrestling goes out of its way to help its talent whenever possible, especially when it deals with personal problems. Christian Underwood, as a case example, offered AA to our lovely World Bombshell Champion, because he pretty much figured that she had a serious problem that will one day put this very company in a bad light, if it's not already. But, like a Disney villain, Mikah has refused to seek help for her problem because she doesn't think she has one. I say that to say that this, Alex. Maybe anger management is the way to go, because, sweetheart, you've got issues and no one wants to subscribe to them. All that bitter resentment can't be good for you.

[She shakes her head in a mock pity.]

Mercedes: What is it going to take to make you happy? What, do you want SCW to cut off the world tour so we can get back to the states? If we return to your shitty hometown of Phoenix, Arizona, will that make you happy? The contender's for the Bombshell championships are lacking. Would you be happy if you finally get a World Bombshell match with Mikah? Will that put a smile on your face? Hell, maybe the company would be smart to release every wrestler not associated with The Nobodies and just have you guys wrestle broomsticks for the entire show because you're the best in the company.

[Mercedes holds up her index finger.]

Mercedes: No, you THINK you are. Look at it this way, if you can beat up a random fan and not get fined, I'm sure laying the smackdown on a broomstick will do wonders for your career. I bet when you found out about our match, you did your best Maria Rainer impression...

[Mercedes prances around.]

Mercedes: (singing) The hills are alive with how much I care about this match...

And faces the camera once more.

Mercedes: Since you guys came on the scene, all you wanted was attention. You hijacked shows, you interrupted promos or bashed PW or Rocky to get your agenda across. Not even Twitter is safe, but most of the time, all I see on Twitter is you mostly bitching about the weather conditions in whatever city we're in or the card or why this person is getting a title shot or why this is person is not higher on the card.

Well, you know what, Alex? When I was  little Argentine Assassin and my parents saw me pulling a temper tantrum, I was told to stop or they would give me something to bitch about. I'm sure that Raynin will have one more 'cold hard fact' to add to the list she already has. Sunday, Alexis Edwards, since you want to bitch about everything, don't worry, sweetheart. Because I'll give you something to really bitch about.

[Fade.]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:07:16 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)