Author Topic: Holding Court  (Read 620 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Holding Court
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:09:23 AM »
Betrayal

Guilt. It’s a horrible feeling. A tickle in the pit of your stomach that grows and aches. It makes your heart sink, it makes you feel sick. But it’s a necessary feeling. Johanna felt it in the pit of her stomach as she moved down the pathway. She was suspicious, and she was following Gustav. A simple phone call changed it all, overhearing everything. She went from trusting him, falling in love with him, to doubting and following him. Almost as if she was stalking him. In fact, she was stalking him. And that is what bothered her.

She had been down this road before. Told to watch everything he did.

Only to find out her father was the one who was suspicious and needed to know. But that had been in the past, she had been in a relationship with him now. She should have trusted him. Something seemed off. No matter how she tried to shake it and believe him, there was a horrible voice in the back of her mind telling her that her guard shouldn’t be lowered. And it had come to a head earlier today.

He received a phone call, he said he would meet at the “usual” place. So, Johanna followed him. Using all her skills to stay back far enough to not be seen, but close enough not to lose him. Moving in between people in the street, moving behind walls, around corners. She wore a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans, pulling the hood up over her head. Her long blond hair tied back in a bun, Gustav seemed confident that no one was following. Confident his deception had worked. He turned down an alleyway towards a bar in the center of town, moving to the back door.

Johanna took in a long deep breath and moved to the front stepping in, at the back in a corner booth Gustav sat down across from another man. Johannas blood froze in her body, a chill going up her spine.

Father?

Her voice was a whisper, just a breath escaping her lips. She turned quickly sitting down over the other side of the bar, her hood being kept up as she shook her head in disbelief and anger. She leaned to the side trying to listen to them talk. ”No, she went to the office. Didn’t even question it..”

She could feel the anger rising. Johanna knew damn well who Gustav was talking about. It was her.

”You must have won her over. Johanna is not the type to be so blind.” Blind? Johanna sneered, it took all her willpower not to jump up and yell at them, scream at them. But that would be playing her hand too soon. She needed to learn more. What was all this?. ”But, she will understand Frederick. In time. She had to learn that her ideals are all well and good in theory. But in practise? She needs to grow up.”

Her father laughed to himself, Gustav seemed to not agree, the look on his face betrayed what he should have felt.

Gustav leaned forward, his hands clasped together with a shake of his head. ”I wish I could believe like her sir.” He trailed off for a moment and took a deep breath in and then back out looking up at the ceiling and then back at Johannas father. ”She thinks she can make a difference and clean it all up. She actually sounds like she’s inspired by the thought of it. I don’t want to...break her heart.” Johanna shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. He did care, they both did. But they were also trying to shield her, and make excuses as to why they needed to keep secrets.

She made fists with her hands, turning her head to look sideways at them both. ”You don’t want to, but you have to. She will keep chasing her tail and you have to keep her that way.” Her eyes lit up, her ears twitched. What was this? ”I knew when she came to me, she would never let this go. I need you to keep her on the hook. Until the deal is done...can you do that?”

There was a pause, Gustav sighed heavily and threw his arms up. ”Do I really have a choice Krieger?”

He sounded defeated, he sounded as if there was something there that stopped him from doing what he wanted or felt was right. ”Truthfully? Yes. But, is it really much of a choice, Frederick?” There was an awkward pause, the two men stared across the table at one another, Gustav got to his feet and shook his head turning on his heels to go back out through the back door. Johanna stood up and moved towards the front door, her feet moving faster as her father collected his things to leave to.

She moved from the bar, walking away from the Ally that Gustav appeared from, she got to a doorway, leaning against it breathing heavily. She was angry, she was upset. But there was nothing she could do right now. This answered some questions, but unfortunately for Johanna…

It asked a whole load more..

Holding Court.

Tap.Tap.Tap.

Johanna Kriegers black painted fingernails moved across the table, rattling in order as she stared ahead. In her make up, her eyes lined in black and red, her lips painted black as well as she sneered and laughed to herself.

”Did you all miss me?”

A simple question, her german accent being familiar to the fans watching her promo, her white teeth shining under the light above with her bright blue eyes as well.

”This time of year is always interesting. Returning stars in the blast from the past, members of our roster who should get title shots being pushed back in the pecking order for people who would leave the company again when their match was over and they lost. Meanwhile, people like me, full time Sin city wrestling performers are hidden away and forgotten about. I get it, that tournament needs to be done, it’s a tradition. But keep in mind, when you hold back talent who love to fight, then finally unleash them when the tournament is said and done. People get hurt.”

“That is what I plan to fucking do. Hurt people. And not because I have to, not because it is right or just. It’s because I simply want to. I want to get in the ring with the best this company has to offer and send them out on their backs. Look at this company. Look at the women's champions. You have Myra Rivers parading around the Internet title like it was a crown jewel despite the fact anyone with real talent went after the Roulette or the World Bombshells title. And now her mouth has cashed a cheque that her talent will have trouble cashing as some of the best in this company will be fighting it out in a gauntlet to face her.”

“You have the Roulette title being held by someone who honestly doesn’t deserve it. And I get it, that it sounds like sour grapes but I tried to make that title mean something only for it to be won by a goddamn loudmouthed reject from SCU who fools all of you by talking for twenty minutes but never actually SAYING anything.”

“And before anyone says anything, no I don’t want my “rematch” for that piece of shit. I won it twice, I have no desire to try and match Samantha Marlowe for numbered reigns because she wasn’t good enough to climb to the top of the division.”

Johanna sneers and growls to herself under her breath.

”And then, there’s ther Bombshells title. A championship now in the hands of a woman so many of you are afraid to face or say a fucking word about. And I get it, she’s intimidating and a champion, but while Alicia and I are prepared to face Amber Ryan, the rest of you shake in your boots and step back. And Amber has an uphill battle, restoring the honor, integrity and lineage of a title that in the last few months has faded away.”

“The bombshells title used to be the most important one in the company.”

“But lackluster champions in Keira and Christina made sure to take shine off of it. I hope Amber can be the champion our division needs and resorts the championship to it’s former glory, but with that being said. This division needs me.”

“Sin city wrestling needs women like me who will be prepared to go the extra mile and set the world on fire.”

“A woman who is dominant. And part of the most dominant gym and group in the recent history of this company. And no, I’m not talking about Jet City. And to think, last time any of you saw me I was destroying and beating little miss Violet. That is something you all need to look at and realise. I am one of the most dominant Bombshells on the roster and despite the fact I lost that damn Roulette title twice I have stayed that way.”

She shakes her head, obviously annoyed. But then again, when isn’t she?

”And now I enter into a match that is being billed as Jet City versus Wolfslair. And hey, Jet City has produced champions. Especially in Sin city. But Wolfslair is a fucking global entity. We have dominant champions and members in other companies, not just Sin city. So, we can take that out of it, because when the bell rings and Courtney and I are face to face, it will ne one on one. She won’t have anyone behind her, nor will I have Alicia, Kallie or Charlie behind me. None of the other female members of Wolfslair, whether they are in this company or outside of it will have my back in that ring…”

“It’s one on one…”

“And I crave that, I crave that fight, I crave that action after sitting my ass on the sidelines. And Courtney Pierce seems like a good opponent to face. A woman who has finally been able to step forward and break a losing streak. And not just that, but you also have reminded the world and most importantly Mark Ward that you never got your Bombshells title shot from back in 2018….”

“When you won that ridiculous tournament.”

“Now, I know what you’re thinking. I’m about to go off about how you don’t deserve a shot from a tournament that was three years ago, that you didn’t come back sooner to take it so why should you get special treatment?. But, the truth might surprise you. After our match Courtney, you should take that shot. You should go be Amber’s first opponent. Because it will wake so many people up to the real truth, that people like you are not the ones to lead the Bombshells division anywhere…”

“Women like you, Candy, Violet….you’re all not good enough to reach that next level. And women like Christina, Roxi, Keira, Mikah, Jesse Salco, Sam Marlowe...Mercedes Vargas...they’re all clutching onto a past that no longer exists. And a future that isn’t made for them. It’s made for me, and women like me. I’m done being a bit player here, I’m done being a mixed tag team champion or roulette champion, I’m done with beating “legends” like Roxi Johnson and then it being swept under the rub all because the queen bitches ego can’t take it and GOD FORBID she would actually accept her fucking losses the way she crows about her wins.”

“I wonder Courtney….is that how you’ll be?...after I beat you this Sunday?...I guess we’ll see…”

“Won’t we?”