Author Topic: Moving Forward (Candy rp BFTP Opening Round)  (Read 619 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Moving Forward (Candy rp BFTP Opening Round)
« on: February 19, 2021, 11:56:56 PM »

Scene One: It’s Finally Happening!

Where: The gym
When: Friday, February 19th. Early Afternoon.

*The scene fades up in a local gym. It was quiet, there were not very many people there at that time. A few people in the background wearing masks, and a couple of workers. On one of the leg press machines was Candy. She was working her legs with Marcus standing nearby, acting as a spotter for her. Both were wearing shorts and a tank top, with masks on their faces. Candy’s, of course, was bright pink and covered in sparkles. Marcus’s was a blue camouflage pattern.*

Marcus Cage: One more set! You can do it! Wanna win Blast From The Past this year? ONE. MORE. SET.

*Candy nods, sweat beading up on her forehead, as she pushes herself to do one more set of reps.*

Marcus Cage: 3 more! 2! 1! You did it!

*She finished the set and sat up a bit. He handed her a small towel and she dabbed the sweat off her forehead. She looked over towards Marcus as they started hearing a familiar song play through the room.*

POUR SOME SUGAR ON MEEEEE… IN THE NAME OF LOVE!

Candy: Oh! That’s my phone! It’s in the pocket on my bag over there.

*Marcus followed the music over to Candy’s gym bag and took her phone out of the pocket. He looked at who was calling before looking at Candy.*

Marcus Cage: It’s… the foster agency…

*Candy got excited and jumped off the machine and rushes over to Marcus as fast as she could. He hands her the phone and she lowers her mask down off her face.*

Candy: Could this be it?

Marcus Cage: I hope so… Answer it.

*She answered the phone and put it on speaker so they could both hear.*

Candy: Hello?

Woman: Hi, this is Tonya with the Foster Agency. Mrs Cage?

Candy: That’s me.

Tonya: So I have some good news for you guys. Your background checks cleared beautifully and everything has moved forward. We have a child who is in need of foster care as soon as possible. How quickly can you be equipped to handle a baby?

Marcus Cage: Uh… as quickly as you need. By tonight, if needed. We are out at the gym right now, but we can go to the store on the way home and have everything ready in a matter of hours.

*Candy’s eyes lit up as she looked at her husband. A few tears began to slide down her cheeks.*

Tonya: That’s perfect. I can bring her to you around 6pm? Would that work for you guys?

Candy: That would be perfect! She would be in time for dinner.

Marcus Cage: So it’s a girl… how old are we looking, so we know what size to get?

Tonya: She’s 3 months old, and her name is Ruby.

*Candy squealed a little bit*

Candy: I BET SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tonya: She is. And she is such a calm little girl. I’ll see you guys around 6. Have a great day.

*Tonya ended the call and Candy locked her phone and lowered it, looking over to Marcus.*

Candy: I’m gonna be a foster mommy… to a beautiful little girl named Ruby... it’s really happening!!!

*As the tears began to run down her face in a stronger capacity than before. The pure happiness and emotion coming from her were so beautiful, even Marcus began to tear up a little bit as he embraced his wife.*

Marcus Cage: You know what this means??

Candy: SHOPPING!!!! LETS GO!!!! We gotta get diapers and wipes and clothes and a crib and and and…

Marcus Cage: We are gonna get everything we need. Don’t worry.

*Candy starts to jump up and down, out of excitement, as the cameras fade.*

Scene Two: The Arrival

Where: Marcus and Candy’s house
When: Friday, February 19th, 6pm.

*The scene fades up on the inside of the home of Marcus and Candy. There were boxes of random baby things sitting around randomly as Candy was pacing back and forth.*

Candy: Did we get enough diapers? And wipes? What if she is too little for the ones we got?

Marcus Cage: Take a deep breath. We got a few different sizes, just in case. Don’t worry, we have everything we need.

Candy: You’re right… but… what if Ruby doesn’t like me?

*The tears began to well up in her eyes once more. But this time, not tears of joy. Tears of fear. She was so excited for this to finally be happening… she didn’t want to fail.*

Marcus Cage: What? How could ANYONE not like you? You’re so kind, and sweet, and caring. You’re pretty, and you’re funny. And you are going to be the absolute best Foster Mom little Ruby could ever ask for. She’s gonna love you, just like everyone else.

Candy: No everyone loves me.

Marcus Cage: Name one person.

Candy: Andrea Hernandez doesn’t like me. She’s mean to me on Twitter ALL THE TIME! She makes fun of me, and picks on me, and calls me names. Mean ones! And don’t forget Mercedes Vargas. She doesn’t like me because I beat her. And sometimes… I even think that Malachi doesn’t ACTUALLY like me.

*Marcus walked over to her and wiped the tears from her cheeks with his sleeve and put his hands on her shoulders.*

Marcus Cage: Listen to me, Candy. Andrea is a skank. Why are you even worrying about her? She’s a waste of flesh that says everything to you from behind a computer screen and wouldn’t have the guts to say those things to your face. Mercedes? Well she is just a bitter loser who can’t stand how people like you so much more than her. And Malachi… trust me… he likes you but his tough guy exterior won’t let him show it. You’re just… sometimes your energy is a bit too much for him. Like… when you drink a Red Bull and you get all hyper and then you crash?

Candy: Yeah…

Marcus Cage: Well, you are still on the energy buzz and he has already crashed and is just tired. Plus, he’s a cranky Irishman who has become a member of the Russow family… and you know how crazy things can get for them. So just put them out of your mind. Right now, there’s only 2 things I want you to focus on. Are you following me?

Candy: Yeah…

Marcus Cage: First… I want you to focus on that little girl who will be coming through that front door any minute now. She is young, and probably scared and confused. And she needs her new Foster Mommy to be brave for her. Can you do that?

*Candy sniffled a little bit and nodded.*

Candy: What’s the second thing?

Marcus Cage: I need you to then focus on your match this week, your Blast From The Past opening round match. I know you don’t know your partner, but he seems like a nice guy. He is a champion, from what I hear.

Candy: Yeah, he’s the SCW Mixed Tag Team Champion with Mikah.

Marcus Cage: See? So you have a great partner in your corner. You have already beaten one of your opponents, and the other you know a bit because you teamed up with him recently. So, what is gonna happen now is this. You are gonna stop the tears, ok? Put on that beautiful smile that I love so much, and then we are going to welcome this beautiful little girl into our home. And then… this weekend… you are going to breeze into the second round of the tournament. That sounds good… right?

*She smiled and nodded*

Candy: Yeah. It sounds perfect. I’m gonna go clean up real quick.

*She kissed him on the cheek quickly before skipping off into the bathroom with Fluffy and Hero hot on her tail. Marcus looked around the room and began trying to organize things a little bit when there was a knock on the door.*

Marcus Cage: CANDY! SHE’S HERE!

*Candy came running in from the other room and the two went to the door together. They answered and welcomed in Tonya, who had a baby carrier in her hands. She came in and they all went into the living room. Fluffy and Hero stayed rather close to Candy as Tonya put the carrier on the couch.*

Tonya: Ok guys, i’d like you to meet Ruby.

*She took the infant out of the carrier and held her in her arms. Ruby was small, a mere 3 months old, with a full head of dark hair and beautiful light olive skin. Candy immediately squealed softly at the sight of the tiny human she was about to be responsible for. Her eyes, once more, welled up with tears. Tonya handed the baby over to Candy, who just couldn’t contain her emotions anymore and was full out crying at this point, speaking softly to the baby in her arms.*

Candy: Hi Ruby. I’m Candy. I’m gonna be your Mommy for a while. As long as you need. And this is Marcus. He’s gonna be your Daddy for a while. He’s really nice and fun and is gonna teach you all sorts of jokes and tricks. And this is Hero and Fluffy. They are gonna be your sisters! They love hugs and kisses and treats!

*She crouched down with the baby to allow Fluffy and Hero, who were insanely curious about the tiny being that was in Candy’s arms. Fluffy sniffed the baby a few times before kind of nudging her nose under the baby’s hand with a soft whimper. Hero, on the other hand, sniffed a few times before putting her front paw on the baby’s lap. Candy and Marcus smiled as little Ruby coo’ed a little towards the pups.*

Tonya: I can see this is going to be a good home for her until we find a family to adopt her. If you guys need anything, please call.

Marcus Cage: We will, thank you.

*With that, Tonya excuses herself and leaves, leaving the 5 of them to get to know each other as the scene fades.*

Scene Three: Isn’t She Cute?

Where: Backstage at the Arena.
When: Saturday, February 20th. Early afternoon.

*The scene fades up in the back of the arena. Several workers were rushing back and forth, preparing last minute things for tomorrow’s show. But… there was a group sort of congregating around something in the back. As the cameras close in you can see Candy in the middle of the group, holding little Ruby in her arms, as several of the backstage workers were commenting on how cute she was. Candy was absolutely glowing as she showed off the baby to those around her. Marcus came up to the group.*

Marcus Cage: Ladies… I know she is adorable but let’s not overwhelm them.

*The ladies around her kind of dispersed as Marcus walked up to Candy*

Marcus Cage: How are my 2 beautiful ladies?

Candy: We are doing great. She was loving all the attention. Look at that little smile on her face.

*The camera zoomed in to show the cutest little smile on Ruby’s face. Marcus melted a little inside as he looked.*

Marcus Cage: Well, let’s not forget why we are here…

Candy: Yeah, I gotta do a quick photoshoot and interview about the Blast From The Past.

*Almost as if on cue… Pussy Willow walked up to the couple. She saw the baby in Candy’s arms and let out a little squeal herself.*

Pussy Willlow: Awe, how cute. Who is this little one? I didn’t even know you were pregnant?

*She looked confused.*

Candy: Haha no… this isn’t my baby. This is Ruby, we are fostering her until she gets adopted. We just got her last night.

Pussy Willlow: Well she is absolutely precious… and… a little ripe…

*The three adults sniff the air a little bit. Their noses curl at the stench.*

Candy: Oh wow… She must have just done that…

Marcus Cage: Here… I’ll take her back to your locker and clean her up. You take care of your stuff and meet you back there when you are done.

*He took Ruby from Candy’s arms and placed her in the stroller. He grabbed the diaper bag and put it over his shoulder. Before he walked off, he gave Candy a quick kiss.*

Marcus Cage: Knock em dead.

*He smirked before walking off pushing the stroller. Fluffy and Hero insisted on going with him. Once they left, the focus shifted towards Candy.*

Pussy Willlow: Ya know, that’s really amazing that you guys are doing that. How is it going?

Candy: So far… so good. Fluffy and Hero love her so much, they refuse to leave her side.

Pussy Willlow: That’s adorable. Well, do you wanna knock out this interview so you can go to your promotional photoshoot?

Candy: Sure!

*Pussy Willow motioned for the camera crew to come closer. They did, and 9one handed her a mic. Candy and Pussy both turned to the camera*

Pussy Willlow: Hello, SCW Universe. I’m standing here with former SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion, Candy. Now, Candy, this week you have a rather big match coming up in the Blast From The Past tournament. How are you feeling going into that match?

Candy: Honestly? I’m a little nervous. This is the second year I have done the tournament, and both times I got teamed with champions. Last year I had Austin James Mercer, and this year, I have Coby Quik. I don’t really know much about Coby, but he is a Mixed Tag Team champion… so he is good in tag matches.

Pussy Willlow: That’s very true.

Candy: And he seems really really nice from the few times I talked to him on Twitter. I’m excited to see how far we can go in the tournament. It’s going to be tough, tho, that’s for sure.

Pussy Willlow: Well, your opponents are 2 people you are more familiar with. Mercedes Vargas and Agostino Romano.

Candy: Yeah… Agostino is nice and we had fun when we teamed together recently. Too bad it didn’t go better for us. But, it’s not all about winning, ya know.

Pussy Willlow: That’s something I have heard a lot of people say. But I am sure it feel better to win.

Candy: It does. But… that’s not the most important thing.

Pussy Willlow: How do you feel stepping in the ring against Mercedes again?

Candy: Well, She is a big ole meanie head and I have beaten her before. I’m sure she still doesn’t like me. And I recently learned that that is ok! Because I don’t really like her either! So I’m just gonna go out there and do my bestest and hope it’s enough.

Pussy Willlow: Best of luck to you… enjoy your photoshoot.

*Candy smiled as she bounced out of the camera shot, causing the scene to fade.*
user posted image