Author Topic: Mind Games  (Read 316 times)

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
Mind Games
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
 It’s been a while, in fact it’s been ages since I’ve done one of these so you all should hold on tight while I try and remember what on earth I need to be doing or saying.

Well last Sunday at Climax Control it wasn’t the warmest of welcomes. I mean Steve and the fans seemed pretty excited to have Odette Ryder back but Misty on one hand, well she looked shocked but on the other hand she didn’t look impressed. Well what can I say? Odette wasn’t going to tell her NXT playmate that she was coming back to the six sided ring, in fact she didn’t want anyone to know. There were only six single souls that knew she was returning that night, Christian Underwood, Mark Ward, Erik Staggs, Emma Rose (so naturally by default Ben Jordan knew) and Gabriel. Ah yes Gabriel. Now how on earth would Gabriel know about his former girlfriends return to wrestling? Well he claims that he sensed it from the beginning, he claims that he knew all along because of Odette being an attention seeker. I call BS, because we all know why Gabriel knows about Odette’s actions, he’s obsessed with her clearly oh and Gabriel sweet cheeks if anyone one is the attention seeker here it is you. I mean couldn’t you at least wait until this week to ruin your former flames rebirth into the wrestling world? I guess it’s true what they say; when someone insults you they are basically looking straight into a mirror. You called Odette an attention seeker, yet look at you, take a good look at yourself in your jet black leather get up and your thick black eyeliner… the living end called and they want tour outfits back. You sat in your chair a million miles away and slated Odette as she stood frozen in the ring, calling her names, saying that she used you and that you aren’t going to stop until the world knows who the real Odette Nicole Ryder is.

Who is the REAL Odette Nicole Ryder? What is she like? Well thanks for asking, now let me tell you. Odette Nicole Ryder is the single female that you let seep in underneath you skin. Let’s face it she was your first real love when it came to relationships. Sure you have had more girlfriends then you can poke a stick at, but really can you name one that was able to make you willingly adapt to more of her lifestyle? I can see why your bitter Gabriel I really can, I mean you had it so bad for Odette that you changed your attitude, you changed your whole demeanour about the three F’s when it comes to females. You the one that they said would never be tamed turned into a placid little kitty cat. Once the big bad lion that owned the jungle was disciplined and put in his place by a rare Australian Opal. You say you did everything for her and she was just using you, open your eyes little boy maybe it was in fact you using her, maybe you were the one living a different life trying desperately to convince yourself that you could have it all. Well reality check Gabriel, you can’t have it all… imagine that the Sin of Greed being robbed of the one thing he wants the most, by the girl he wants the most… he wanted happiness and she took it out from underneath him without any warning.

And now for the million dollar question, why?

Why oh why would Odette leave Gabriel? Was it his obsession with being the best magician? Was it his obsession with being with the sins? Was it the pressure he placed on her to be her best? Was it his greedy ways? Or was she like many have hinted at; was she just plain up sick and tired of him?

WRONG! She left him for him, she left him to save him, and she left him so he could find someone that could give him more. Yes more… after all she knew how greedy and possessive he was its only natural that he wanted to start a real family, one built from a deep and intimate connection from a man to a woman. Now does he know this? Of course he doesn’t. Will he ever know this? Absolutely not…

So why am I telling you? Because if I didn’t you would get lost in the story. You would get lost in the web of lies Gabriel will stop at nothing to keep spinning about Odette Ryder. No matter what the darkened beast will say about the beauty you can mark my words when I say this, she left him for all the right reasons. She left him for him and there’s nothing he can say or do; that will make her second guess this. Even as he pleads you to believe that Odette’s nothing but selfish, even in her darkest hour when she could have been her most self-centered, she gave it all up for him.

So tell me again how she’s the selfish one?

I guess you could argue with the fact that she hasn’t told him the truth but let me tell you something about Gabriel and Odette. They’re two deer blinded by the same headlight when it comes to each other. Odette would have done anything for Gabriel and Gabriel would have done anything for Odette. So if Odette was to tell Gabriel about her little secret she knew that he would stop at nothing to make sure she was happy, Odette knew that meant he would surrender his own happiness. While Odette couldn’t bear to live another day knowing that when she would look into his eyes; and although he might have been smiling she knew he would be playing the masked man. She knew that this would be eating him alive. So consider her fix the Band-Aid approach, but consider it a permanent fix.

It’s time to heal Odette; it’s time to heal Gabriel; it’s time to let it go.

5pm Thursday evening;

The scene opens up poolside at the Treasure Island hotel; sitting around a glass circle table we find Odette, Brandi and Emma. Odette can be seen wearing a short black strapless dress with large black Christian Louboutin heels, while Emma is wearing a teal flowery dress with bright white chunky wedges. Brandi on the other hand is staying true to herself and is wearing a pair of tattered jeans and a ripped bourbon branded t-shirt. All three girls have a drink in hand as they’re deep in conversation.

Brandi: So let me get this straight; I’m like one of your best friends and you’re not going to tell me why you and Gabriel broke up?

Odette’s lips wrap around the straw in her glass, taking a long hard draw on the plastic. After a few moments of silence Odette puts her drink back down on the table and frowns.

Odette: I’ve told you for the one hundredth time… it wasn’t working.

Trying to fake innocence Odette pushes a strand of hair behind her ear as Emma and Brandi look at each other and then back at Odette.

Emma: What wasn’t working?

Brandi and Emma share another look toward each other as they try and break Odette’s silence but she doesn’t, in fact Odette backs up and seems uneasy as she replies.  

Odette: Him, me… us… it wasn’t working.

Brandi rolls her eyes as Odette replies with an obvious lie.

Brandi: Right and we’re supposed to believe that?

Picking up her drink Odette ignores the straws and downs it all in one swift movement.

Odette: You can believe in whatever you want to believe in but right now, I don’t want to talk about it.

Brandi turns to Emma and winks before making a smart arse comment towards her Australian friend.

Brandi: Then what about now?

Throwing her drink back down to the table Odette turns away from Brandi and Emma.

Odette: Brandi stop it, I don’t hound you about Bo Dreamwolf all day. So please just leave this alone, for me?

Sensing that she has over stepped her boundaries Brandi’s loud booming voice is heard once more as she slams her bottle of beer down on the table in front of her.

Brandi: Alright but I know your hiding something from me and IF I find out that he laid a hand on you or hurt you in any way I will physically and mentally destroy him.

As Gasp comes from Emma’s lips as she almost spills her drink down the front of her dress.

Emma: I don’t think that’s necessary Brandi.

As Emma adjusts herself in her chair Brandi turns and looks at her with a stern look on her face.

Brandi: oh it isn’t?

Emma: Well for starters I don’t know Gabriel that well but I doubt he would lay a finger on Odette.

As Emma and Brandi look set up for a debate Odette silences them with her harsh dry accent putting an end to it all.

Odette: Stop it both of you; no Gabriel didn’t hurt me… I hurt him now just stop talking and start drinking.

All three girls look at each other before shrugging their shoulders, Brandi of course taking the hint and raising her glass up in the air for a toast.

Brandi: You don’t have to tell me twice.

As the girls charge their glasses and clink them together, instantly the tension is lifted between the three as the Kiwi finally brings the subject around.

Emma: So what’s the plan?

Giving her Kiwi fan a devious look Odette smirks as she plays with the straw in her hand.

Odette: Well I was thinking some pre drinkies here and then we would strut our glorious self’s down to the local night club and well ladies… if we end up like the hangover one that is fine by me, I don’t care, consider me disinterested in what happens to me tonight as long I’ve got a drink in one hand I’ll be fine.

Brandi reaches over and rubs Odette’s shoulder giving her a tight squeeze while Emma sits back looking a little worried.

Brandi: That’s my Aussie!!!

As Brandi and Odette exchange happy smiles and stares Emma’s doubtful voice breaks them away.

Emma: Well that all sounds good and well…

Turning her head swiftly Odette looks over towards the redhead with a look of displeasure.

Odette: But?

Emma rolls forward in her chair.

Emma: But I don’t want to find myself passed out in a hotel room with a tiger locked in the bathroom, so if you don’t mind I’d like to be able to find my way back home tonight.

Emma had always been honest about herself and she had always been the one that would be called soberish sally at these types of girl nights. Brandi shot her a weird stare before staring back at Odette.

Brandi: Party pooper!

Pointing her thumb over towards Emma, Odette and Brandi couldn’t help but laugh as Emma’s face crinkled up annoyed.

Emma: I’m not a party pooper, it’s just…

Odette waved Emma down as she cut her off with a smile.

Odette: its okay I get it… the old ball and chain Ben Jordan… trust me Cinderella we will get you home before you turn into a pumpkin.

To be honest Odette knew what it was like to have someone to go home to; she knew what it was like to go out on girls’ nights only wanting to end up by the end of the night back in bed with your loved one. She understood that Emma wanted to be like that with Ben; after all she used to be the same for Gabriel. Ah yes Gabriel. As the memories of him flooded her mind Odette was snapped out of her day dream as Emma spoke to her.

Emma: Thank you.

Shaking her thoughts of him off, Odette just forced a smile before reaching over to grab Emma’s right hand.

Odette: You’re in love we get it, but just remember Emma Jay love is only temporary its pain that lives forever.

As the two locked eyes Emma didn’t know how to react at first. She was sure Odette was just speaking for herself, but she knew if she pulled Odette up about it, it would be like unleashing a caged dragon. Faking a smile Emma pulled her hand way from Odette’s as Odette just hunched back into her chair, looking around the place for a waiter.

Brandi: Okay, let’s not get into that one… let’s just have a good time… now are you ready?

Odette turned to look at Brandi and without even blinking she spoke.

Odette: I was born ready.

All three females cracked up laughing as Emma pointed out the obvious.

Emma: oh my god; how predictable are you?

Odette: What can I say, I love a classic.

8pm Thursday evening;

The scene re opens a little later in the night inside a heavily populated bar inside the mirage. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes is in the air as the music is starting to pound out of the speakers. Sitting in the back corner of the bar Brand, Odette and Emma can be found sitting a booth. Each with a drink in hand, while there table is covered in empty glasses. So much for Emma trying to stay sober, naughty-naughty. Even though it was early the girls had their buzz on early well all except Brandi as she just seemed to stay the same regardless of how many she had downed.

Odette: You can’t be serious?

Odette’s loud Australian accent could be heard as Brandi and Emma just sat their nodding their heads.

Emma: Oh I’m serious alright; I bet you won’t even think about asking him out.

Looking over her right shoulder Odette looked towards the bar to see a group of handsome fellas standing by the bar. The one that had caught her eye was of course the flat brimmed, motocross type. She watched as he was deep in conversation with his mates, before shaking her head and returning her attention back to her friends.

Odette: I have no issues in asking a guy out, I’m just not interested.

A loud snort came from Brandi’s direction as she held back a giggle.

Brandi: O, I’m in an ‘it’s complicated’ relationship and even I’m interested in that piece of man meat over there.

Pointing back over to the heavily tattooed muscular flat brimmed cap wearing hunk of man meat, Emma smiled as she watched Odette’s eyes follow Brandi’s finger so effortlessly. As Brandi and Emma exchanged a glare thinking they had peaked Odette’s interest she turned back to them slowly.

Odette: Well help yourself, we won’t tell Billy Bo Baggins.

Licking her lips Odette showed no emotion, shocking Emma.

Emma: I don’t think you got his name right?

Trying to make light of the situation that Odette had just placed down to Brandi of cheating on Bo, Emma was quick to change the subject. Smirking over towards her neighbouring friend Odette just clicked her tongue off her white teeth.

Odette: Silence Kiwi just because he’s your distance New Zealand cousin doesn’t mean you gets to judge me and inability to remember names.

Are we really talking about the lord of the rings here? Odette turned her attention towards the drink in her hand while Brandi set back to work.

Brandi: I have no idea what you’re both talking about, but O if you want to get over Gabriel you need to ride that stallion off into the sunset until you get saddle sores.

Looking at Brandi from over her martini Odette smirked.

Odette: I’ll pass.

Emma: So you don’t want to forget him them?

Brandi: Well played big red.

Emma and Brandi were like dogs with a bone, both wanting to have Odette break down in front of them. They wanted the truth and rightfully they deserved it but right now wasn’t the time.

Odette: I don’t care to remember him, but I’m not going to trollop around town taking every man that I see.

Being let down but Odette’s reply Brandi rolled her eyes while Emma looked on unsure of what she could do next to help her friend.

Brandi: Well you’re boring…

2am Friday morning,

The scene re opens up after a long night of drinking and all three girls are standing outside of a house. Emma is fumbling around her purse looking for her keys as Odette and Brandi start giggling.

Odette: Shhhh I told ya we would get ya arse home before ya turned into a pumpkin.

Laughing at the world pumpkin Brandi and Odette could barely stand up straight without hanging off of each other. The two both still had a drink in each hand while Emma was looking at them both unamused.

Emma: Odette saying shhhh means you need to be quiet not keep shouting.

Emma finally found her keys and she was able to unlock her front door, but before she could walk in Brandi had pushed her out of the way. Her loud booming voice was the next thing to be heard echoing through the residence of Emma Rose and Ben Jordan.

Brandi: HEEEEEYYYY BEEEEEEEEN JOOOORDDAAAANNN.

Emma wacked Brandi with her clutch and while Brandi was rubbing her arm where the bag had collect her she looked up to Odette and Emma.

Emma: You’ll wake him up.

As Emma tried to silence Brandi she had forgotten about Odette who has stumbled into her house and way now cat calling Ben from his slumber.

Odette: WAAAAAAKEEE UP LIL BEEEEEENNNY BIIIINGO!!!

Odette and Brandi pushed past Emma as they made their way down the hallway.

Brandi: Yeeeaaaaahh BEEEENNNYY WE’RE HEEEEERRRREEEE TOO SEEE YOOOOURRR FOOOTBAAAALLLS.

The two girls tried to high five but they missed, sending them into a barrel of laughs.

Odette: Niiiiiiceeee…

The two stumbled into the living room that was set up as a theatre room; Emma was quickly following them trying to get them to be quiet.

Brandi: I figured he can’t resist the temptation of pulling out his prized foooootballs and showing them to the world.

As Brandi and Odette continued to laugh Emma turned towards them unamused.

Emma: Brandi, Odette… that’s my Ben you’re talking about, not some drunk guy at the bar buying your shots.

Odette and Brandi started to quiet down but the Aussie couldn’t help but continue on the show.

Odette: Touché, Emmy Jay… we’re just here to see his globes and then we will be on our merry way.

Brandi walked over to Emma and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, whispering in her ear.

Brandi; Yeah, just his little black and white ones…

An eerie silence fell over the girls as they started to regain their composure but Odette couldn’t help herself. It was like something deep inside had be switched on and she just didn’t care right now about the repercussions.

Odette: MIIIIIIIIILLLLWAAAAALLLLL!!!

Emma slaps her hands over Odette’s mouth getting her to shut up but it was too late, footsteps could be heard tracking down the hallway as Ben Jordan stumbled his way into the dimly lit living area.

Ben: What in the geezers’ nightmare is going on out here?

Rubbing his eyes Ben looked at the three bombshells standing in his living room, a smile should have been plastered on his face but right now he was too busy trying to fully wake up. Emma rushed up beside him and hugged into him before whispering into his ear.

Emma: I’m so sorry, their drunk…

Turning towards Emma with a slightly cheeky smile Ben kissed her cheek, while Brandi went looking for alcohol. Odette stumbled over to the couches in the room flopping down into them, resting her eyes trying to relax from the room that was now spinning.

Ben: and let me guess you’re not?

An innocent look crawled across Emma’s face as she looked at Ben.

Emma: a little; but look at them, someone had to be the responsible one.

6am Friday morning;

Opening back up one last time we find Odette and Brandi sprawled out across two lawn chairs, still dressed in the clothes from the night before. As the sun is beaming down they are quickly trying to cover their eyes as they slowly start to stir.

Odette: I can’t feel my arms…

Odette was trying to focus her attention on her arms while Brandi reached over and smacked her one in the guts.

Brandi: Shhhhh stop talking so loud.

As Odette held her stomach in pain, Brandi covered her head with a towel she had found from god knows where. Blocking out the sun she tried to doze back to sleep.

Odette: Sorry.

Getting up off the chair Odette stumbled towards the back of the house that they were staying at.

Brandi: stop yelling at me Odette.
As Brandi slowly got up in her chair she looked at Odette with the look of pure hangover filled hate.

Odette: I’m not yelling…. I’m whispering.

Looking up at the house she was about to walk up to Odette’s jaw dropped as she recognized it.

Odette: Oh shit...

Brandi: What’s wrong?

Odette: Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit... we’ve gotta get out of here.

Odette started to hyperventilate as the scene fades out at the Australian Bombshell staring into the back door of her old million dollar mansion she once shared with the love of her life.

Roxi Johnson!

Odette: The blast from the past seems to be our thing; it seems to be our moment. I remember last year like it was yesterday when it was you and Gabriel versus Jordan and I. The finals Roxi, the reason why we all secretly sign up but we just pretend that we care for the sentiment behind the blast from the past tournament. Let’s face it... you don’t care for it, I don’t care for it. The only thing we cared for last year was to see who would rip the other apart limb from limb and if my memory serves me correctly, last year you were the hunted and I was hunter.

Why are you saying that Odette? You don’t mean that... you love this tournament, you love doing this for the fallen females that have paved the way into the wrestling world. What has gotten into you?

Odette: So what makes you think that this time round will be any different? The only thing that has changed Roxi is this time, it isn’t the finals it’s a quarterfinal. You’re a stepping stone in my way from once again making it into the semi finals. You see I want nothing more than to destroy my way through you, I want nothing more than to make it to the semi-finals because let’s be honest I’m just looking forward to finals. I want this Roxi, why you might ask? Because this is my thing. This is my tournament. Jordan and I ripped through the competition last year and we were the only two left standing in the middle of the ring, with our hands raised in victory. I know what it’s like to get there and I won’t stop until I get there again.

But you don’t care who wins, you said you just wanted to come back and have fun. Why are you lying?

Odette: But once again I’m faced with the challenge of you; I’m challenged by the case of Crab Girl. Roxi, Roxi, Roxi... when will you learn that every time you step up before me it’s only a matter of time before I put you back down in your place. You couldn’t beat me tagging with Gabriel, you couldn’t beat me tagging along side Simon Jones so what makes you think you even stand a chance of beating Steve and I with your so called tag team partner Argento... oh Argento the silver fox, how fitting that he embraces the metal silver... because just like the Olympics you and Argento are going to enjoy coming second best. While you and Argento take the back seat being underwhelmed with your silver metals don’t get so beat up about the fact that Steve and I will be drivers taking gold.

What are you doing? This isn’t you... you like Roxi Johnson, you like Argento. Just stop this, knock it off... You just returned for fun, you said you just wanted to be in the blast from the past for fun... this isn’t fun, your taking this way too far Odette.

Odette: Think about it Roxi, when have you actually defeated me in a tag team match? When have you ever defeated me in a singles match? Never... so just like the times before this Sunday will be no different, you will fall into place behind me. Why? Because I always get what I want and right now I want nothing more that to take your chance at getting a shot at Gothika again away from you. I want nothing more than to stand directly in your way, because your suffering amuses me. Oh yes little superhero, nothing more than your pain brings joy to my life. It might just be for this weekend only but trust me, I’ve focused all my pain, all my suffering and channelled it towards you... you will fall to your knees once again before me

Seriously you need help; maybe you’re the monster he’s making you out to be. Maybe you are diluted? Maybe your just like he said a cold hearted bitch that will stop at nothing to get her way.

Odette: Come Sunday Roxi, I will stop at nothing to make sure that Steve and I get across the line because unlike you and Argento we deserve this. We haven’t put our hard work, our blood, sweat and tears into this business for nothing. I haven’t sacrificed my body and soul just to walked all over by  “Superhero” this Sunday at Climax Control I won’t stop until I have you pinned on your back once more... because let’s face it Roxi how many times has it been now?

Are you even listening to yourself Odette? This is crazy. You’re acting crazy.

Odette: I’m like the nail, your cape keeps getting stuck on that keeps holding you back.

You’re evil, you’re dead set evil.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward: Oh that’s brilliant Odette.

What a minute what’s he doing here?

Hot Stuff Mark Ward: Bravo, you know maybe if you were more like this in the beginning we might have gotten somewhere...

Tapping her nose with his finger, Mark Ward brings his left hand around the back of Odette, finding her exposed lower back he pulls her into him.

Odette: More like what Mark?

Her breath is taken back as they now stand just millimetres apart.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward: Ruthless... calculated... driven... spiteful.

Brushing a strand of her long chocolate hair out of her face, he wraps his arm around her back tighter, pressing her body into his.

Odette: Oh let’s be honest you couldn’t handle me at my worst.

Her hands find his chest as she stares lovingly up into his eyes, almost as if she has wanted this feeling all along.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward: Believe me I would have, and I for one can’t deny I wouldn’t have enjoyed it... we need this side of Odette... maybe it’s time to let her out and play.

Bringing his lips down just briefly away from hers he smiled, feeling her heart racing deep inside her chest.  

Odette: oh trust me this side of me is more than willing to come out and play...

Looking up from his lips to his eyes than back down to his lips Odette looks poised and ready for what’s about to happen between them.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward: Good bring out the manipulative little bitch that Gabriel said you’re capable of becoming...

Grabbing a hold of her hair Mark snaps Odette’s head back and before the two can embrace into a wickedly sinful kiss the scene goes black.

GASP

Springing up from her dream Odette looks around her tiny hotel room dazed and confused. Grabbing at the bed sheets she holds them close to her chest before realizing it was all just a dream. A dream she was forced to have by the hands of Gabriel, after all it was his words that triggered this emotion. After all it was Gabriel who said in the beginning Odette was trying her way with the bosses to start her way to fame.

So let the mind games begin.

Gabriel 1 – Odette 0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:45:02 PM by Odette Ryder »
>