Author Topic: B's Big OFFICIAL Debut  (Read 291 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
B's Big OFFICIAL Debut
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »
 The scene opens up backstage at the Crawford Hall in Irvine, CA, a couple of hours prior to the start of SCW's Climax Control going on the air.  We see one of the main common areas that has a variety of SCW's staff, crew, and wrestlers walking through back and forth, while along the back wall can be seen hanging a sheet of paper which appears to have the night's card posted on it.  After a few moments go by, one of SCW's oldest faces but newest wrestlers, Big B, walks into the scene and heads straight over to the card.  The camera zooms in, moving in closer and closer to B as he reaches the card, his lips moving along the entire time as he moves his finger along line by line, finally coming to a stop when he sees one particular line:

DESPAYRE and BIG B vs GOTH and BROTHER GRIMM

A smile comes across the face of Big B as he sees this and he lowers his hand.  As B spends a few more moments staring intently at his booking, a very familiar voice is heard coming from behind him.

Voice:  You can't possibly be serious, can you?

B looks confused for a moment and then quickly turns around to see his cousin, Nick Jones, walking towards him, with a slight limp in his step in the process as he shakes his head at B.

Nick:  I mean, you're freakin' kidding me, right?

The look of confusion on Big B's face only grows as he seems to not understand what his cousin is getting at.

Big B:  Kidding you about what?

Nick:  What do you think?  THAT!

Nick points towards the sheet of paper hanging on the wall that B was staring at just seconds earlier.  B turns to look at it, as if he wasn't sure what Nick was pointing out, before turning back to Nick again, still looking confused.

Big B:  That's the card.

Nick:  Yeah, no shit.  I've been around here long enough that I think I know what the freakin' card looks like.  What I was talking about was just a tad more specific than it being a damn card.

Big B:  Oh...

Big B turns back around to look at the card once more, seeming to study it more intently before turning back to Nick.

Big B:  That's the card for tonight's Climax Control.

Nick shakes his head in disgust as he puts his face down into his hands.  Nick then lets out a deep sigh before looking back up at his cousin.

Nick:  Yeah, once again, NOT what I was talking about.  I'm talking about the damn match!

Big B:  Which one?

Nick:  Oh, I don't know... your match?

Big B:  Wait... is my match or do you not know?

Nick:  Sweet mother of God, YOUR match ya big goon!

Big B:  Then why did you say you didn't know?

Nick:  It's called sarc... you know what, just forget it.  The point is simple, what the hell are you doing with a match?

Big B:  They booked me in one.

Nick:  Yeah, I can see that.  The question is simple; why?

Big B:  I think because they wanted me to fight with Despayre against those other two guys.

Nick:  I'm not asking why they booked you, I want to know why the hell you're even getting booked in matches?!?

Big B looks at Nick completely blankly, obviously having no clue as to what Nick is getting at.

Nick:  WHY... ARE... YOU... WRESTLING?!?

Big B:  Oh, um... I don't know.

Nick:  Well let me just tell you right now, you shouldn't be.

Big B:  Why not?

Nick:  Why not?!?  How about because you're not a freakin' wrestler!  I know you may not exactly be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even you've got to understand there's a hell of a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to wrestling.  It's more than just being big and strong.  Hell, look at the number of guys I've faced in my career who were bigger than me, or stronger than me, that I've still managed to whoop their asses in that ring.

Big B:  Yeah, I know, but...

Nick:  But nothing!  Now sure, none of these clowns you're facing will ever be on my level, but that's not the point.  As poorly trained as they may be, they are still at least trained wrestlers, which is a hell of a lot more than you can say.  You're going to go in there and be running around that ring like a damn chicken with your head cut off.  Yet you think being bigger will make a damn bit of difference?  Look over this roster, hell, even go back and look over GXW's roster.  There were tons of guys who towered over me if you looked at nothing but physical stature, but in the end they were nothing... NOTHING compared to yours truly.  Now I know I make it all looks so damn easy, so spending all of these years watching me probably has you convinced that you can do it just the same, but that's not the way it works in reality.  To be blunt, and I'm only saying this to help you out, because we're family... I'm not sure you're really cut out for being a true in-ring competitor.

Big B:  Well what about that win me and Despy got at My Bloody Valentine over JT Starr and Michael Hardy?  I even got the pin and everything!

Nick lets out a bit of a mocking chuckle before responding.

Nick:  Listen B, I hate to have to break this to you, but scoring one single solitary win over a couple of second-class nobodies doesn't prove a damn thing.  That's the very first lesson you need to learn in the world of professional wrestling.  Because trust me, if you don't learn it might quick, someone else will be more than happy to beat it into you.

Big B:  Um... ok.  Then what about at December 2 Dismember when me and Despy won that match over you and Tony?

Nick's jaw suddenly drops and his face immediately turns pale white as he is left completely speechless, at least for a few moments, which has to be considered an eternity for a man like Nick Jones.  He eventually starts to formulate a response, but stumbles on his words the entire time.

Nick:  Well, um... you see.  That's uh... that's totally different.  That's not the same, because um... you know... it's that, uh...

Nick's expression suddenly changes, as a light seems to go on as a big grin shows up on his face.

Nick:  Because it doesn't mean crap when you're facing another guy who isn't cut out to be a wrestler.  It ain't my damn fault that hired thug may be good at kicking asses, but not capable of handling himself in a ring.  In the end, it was a trained wrestler in that weird little friend of yours, that beat another guy who didn't belong there.  It had nothing to do with me, that's for shit sure.  I didn't lose that much, got it?  GOT IT?!?

Big B:  Um... yeah... sure.

Nick:  Good.  And you didn't win it either, alright?!?  So get that through your thick skull!  Despayre won, Tony lost and that's all there is to it.  If you keep stepping into that ring week after week, all you'll be doing is recreating that scenario as you're the one getting pinned at the end of every match.  Alright?!?

Big B:  Sure.  I'm sorry, but what did I say?  Why are you so upset cuz?

Nick:  Because you have no clue what the hell you're talking about, that's why.  So how about you listen to someone who actually has a clue and is trying to give you some good advice?  And if you don't believe what I'm telling you, and if you don't believe that neither of us had anything to do with the finish of that match, I can teach you real quick.  If you ever want to step into that ring with me one on one, I'll be sure to show you exactly what being a professional wrestler is really all about.

Big B:  I thought you weren't cleared to wrestle yet though.

Nick's demeanor seems to change from angry to a bit uneasy as this comment comes from him.  Nick looks down at himself, focusing on his leg that he was limping on a few moments earlier, and shakes his head a bit before looking back at B.

Nick:  Whatever, that's not the point.  It's just that... it just doesn't matter.

Big B:  But don't you still have a few months of rehab that the doctors said you have to go through?

Nick looks out a deep sigh and looks to the ground as he quietly mumbles in response.

Nick:  Yeah, I guess.  If you're going to believe those stupid quacks.  Although I'll be damned if I'll let them keep me out of the SCW picture for that long.

Nick then looks up and his expression again changes as he seems to be thinking something over for a bit.  B watches his cousin and doesn't quite know what is going on as Nick suddenly seems to snap out of it and has his usual grin come back across his face.

Nick:  You know what?  Maybe I was wrong.

Such a comment coming from Nick seems to completely confuse B more than ever, as it may very well be the first time he's ever heard such words come from his cousin.

Big B:  You were?!?  Are you sure?

Nick:  Don't act so surprised.  I'm man enough to admit my mistakes.

B doesn't say a word, instead just continuing to look at his cousin in disbelief.

Nick:  What?!?  I am!  Anyway, the point is that maybe this whole thing of you becoming a real full-time competitor isn't such a bad idea after all.  You should definitely pursue that.

Big B:  Um... ok... thanks.  I think?

The smirk on Nick's face only grows as it becomes clear that he does not necessarily have the greatest intentions with all of this.

Nick:  And you know, being the great cousin that I am, I could help you out in order to help make sure you have as much success as possible...

Nick then quickly mumbles to himself under his breath.

Nick: ... and keep myself on the SCW scene while I'm at it.

Big B:  What was that?

Nick:  Oh, nothing.  Just saying that you should probably get ready for your match.  You know, start off by finding out some more about your opponents.

Big B:  Well Despayre already told me a bunch about them.

Nick:  Wait, you already knew about the match?

Big B:  Yeah, of course.

Nick:  Then why the hell were you standing here grinning like an idiot as you stared at the card when I walked over?

Big B:  Because it was the first time I ever got to look at the card myself and see my name on it.

Nick:  You're kidding me, right?

Big B:  No, why?

Nick:  Forget it.  Anyway, so what did your little buddy tell you was the deal with your match?

Big B:  Well Despy said something about one of our opponents being a booger man.  Which sounds pretty gross.

Nick:  Booger man?  What the hell are you talking about?

Big B:  I don't know, that's what Despy said.  Apparently it's some sort of scary monster kind of guy.

Nick now realizes what B is getting at, and looks at his cousin in disgust.

Nick:  You're an idiot, it's not a booger man you're facing, it's a BOOGEY man.

Big B:  Is that like a boogey board?

Nick:  What?!?  Holy crap, have you gotten dumber?  You know what, just forget the whole damn thing.

Big B:  No way!  I need you to tell me what I'm up against if I'm going to be facing this booger board man in my match!

Nick:  It's a boogey man and we're not talking about it because there's nothing to talk about.

Big B:  Why not?

Nick:  Because it's nothing more than a bunch of fictitious nonsense!

As has become common practice by now, Big B once again seems completely confused by this all.

Big B:  He's a fict-what-now???

Nick:  Holy crap, I can not deal with this nonsense any more.

In what seems as though it could not be more perfect timing, at this exact point in time, turning down the hallway is the familiar faces of the rest of Nick's Entourage:  Diana, Tony, Max and Jimmy.  As soon as he sees them, Nick's eyes immediately go wide as he excitedly calls after them.

Nick:  Oh look who it is!  HEY GUYS!! OVER HERE!!

The group, clearly planning to walk right on by with another destination in mind, all stop and take a look at each other, seeming to be quite thrown off by Nick's surprisingly excited reaction to seeing them.  They eventually all shrug it off and, in order to avoid pissing off their boss, immediately turn and head towards Nick and Big B.  As soon as they get within a reasonable distance, Nick moves towards them as quickly as possible despite his lip, going straight over and grabbing Diana excitedly and hugging her before turning back towards all of them with his arm around her shoulder, keeping her close while also using her as balance.

Nick:  Hey guys!  How's it going?

Diana:  Um... the same as it was when we all got here together like 20 minutes ago?

Nick lets out what is clearly a very fake and forced laugh, as Diana raises an eyebrow in his direction.

Nick:  Oh, hahaha, you're such a hoot!  So anyway, what's new guys?

At that same time, Big B comes walking over towards the group and as he does, Tony looks straight over to him and talks in his direction.

Tony:  Ain't you's gots a match or sumt'in tonight, B?

With the topic having quickly turned back to that which Nick was trying to avoid, his excitedly expression quickly disappears and is instead replaced with a look of disgust as he mumbles to himself.

Nick:  Son of a bitch.

With that, Nick takes his arm away from Diana, turns, and starts to limp away, while the entire group watches on in wonderment, with the exception of Big B who is excitedly responding to Tony's question, rambling on amazingly quickly in the process.

Big B:  Yeah, I do!!!  You see what happened was that Despayre was always tag team partners with Gabriel.  But Gabriel's not around anymore so he didn't have a tag team partner.  But he didn't want to be a singles wrestler so he had to find another partner.  So then he started teaming but Rage, but then he left too.  So then Despayre didn't want to tag with anyone anymore.  But then there was that one match that me and him teamed against you guys, and that was just supposed to be a one time thing, but it went really well.  So then when Despy got booked in another tag team match without a partner he originally refused to have a partner...

The entire group has turned back to Big B, but cannot believe it as he is continuing to rant on at a great speed without ever taking a breath.

Big B:  But then I told him that I could be his partner.  But he wasn't sure at first, but then he decided I could be his partner, so I was his partner at the supercard.  So then we teamed together and we won again.  So then it was like, oh my god, no way, we're undefeated together, that's awesome.  So then Despy agreed to let me be his tag team partner full time.  So then that's when I decided I could totally be a full time wrestler, because I've had a bunch of matches lately and I keep winning and it's like really, really fun.  Plus teaming with Despy would be awesome and I'd get to hang out with all of you guys again too and it'd be great.  So then we worked it all out that I was given a contract as a real wrestler and the bookers could book me and stuff, so then this week they finally booked it and me and Despy are totally going to be tag-teaming again...

With B still carrying on without anyone else having a chance to butt in, the Entourage clearly starts to become increasingly annoyed with me, one by one all starting to ignore what he is saying and focusing their attention elsewhere.  Tony, despite being the one to ask about it, is the first to react most severely as he eventually has had enough and, after looking at his watch, simply turns and walks away without a word.  However, this does nothing to slow B down, as he simply towards more in the direction of the rest of the group as he continues on.

Big B:  So when they booked this match we totally found out we're going to be facing these two guys named Goth and Brother Grimm, and apparently one Despy already totally knows and the other one is some sort of booger board man or something.

As B continues on, Diana is not-so-surprisingly the next one to have had enough, as she turns and follows the lead of Tony and her boyfriend Nick, leaving only Jimmy and Max as the only two behind.  The always fast-talking Jimmy seems to make repeated efforts to jump into the conversation, but despite various attempts seems to have no such luck.

Big B:  Now we get to totally team together as like a real official tag team for the first time and everything.  So we're talking about entrance music and tag team finishers and everything, which is going to make it totally ever cooler than the awesomeness that it already is, you know?  And not only that...

After yet another failed attempt to intervene, Max is the next to give up and simply waves Big B off as he turns and leaves.  This makes the always-intimidated Max as the last man remaining, now being the sole focus of B's attention in the process.  Max tries to back off a bit but, due to this reality, B seems to continue to follow after Max without any real thought to it.

Big B:  ... but now it's no longer a thing where it's like "oh they're just teaming together because of those two guys" or "B is just there because Despy needs a partner" and all that other junk, it's like totally real and stuff and it counts and everything!  Plus these are like some crazy awesome opponents so if we beat them everyone is gonna be all like "wow, these guys are a really good team", and they'll be like "hey look, Big B can totally wrestler for real and stuff".  It's going to be so awesome that I can't even explain how excited I am.  Can you tell how excited I am?

Max goes to answer but doesn't even have the chance.

Big B:  I bet you can, but even if you can't that's totally fine because...

Max has finally backed up too far, as he now has pinned himself up against the wall and B has moved in right up to him, giving Max nowhere else to go.  Max simply stares at Big B with his eyes wide open, having a look of fear in them, as B continues to excitedly rant on as the scene fades.
>