Author Topic: You’re looking at the champions!  (Read 343 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
You’re looking at the champions!
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
 Steve’s partner was revealed before the tag team match between him and the mystery bombshell and the team of Cyrus King and Misty, who was the mystery Bombshell? None other than Odette Ryder! The ramifications from her return are still being felt the day after the match as there is speculation as to what Odette’s standing was, was she still in NXT? Was she still friends with Jessie Salco? What’s the deal between her and Gabriel who also returned that week?

That would have to wait however as Steve and Odette where competing in one of this week’s second round matches, this time they were taking on former Bombshell Champion Roxi Johnson and Argento, Steve and Odette have a lot of momentum moving forward from Odette’s successful return but Roxi and Argento can ruin that momentum by winning the match but can Steve and Odette continue their winning ways?

Steve’s hotel room, Irvine, CA
February 24th, 2014, 11:00am

I have to be the luckiest bastard in wrestling!

I would’ve been happy to have any member of the Bombshell Roster as my tag team partner but Odette Ryder? We’re practically a match, no pun intended, made in heaven! I’m now more confident than ever that my team will be the ones who go on to win the Blast from the Past Tournament and I’d almost be saying that there’s no one on earth that can stop us!

I say almost, because Odette Ryder wasn’t the only returning face last week.

Her ex-boyfriend Gabriel officially returned and to say that he’s upset with Odette is like saying that James Huntington Hawkes the III is a little immature, I’m hoping that Odette can put the “Reason you Suck” speech that she was on the receiving end off thanks to Gabriel behind her and focus on our second Blast from the Past match but I now that that will be a lot easier said than done.

Oh yeah, there’s that as well.

This week we’re competing in the Blast from the Past Quarterfinals against the team of Argento and Roxi Johnson, anyone who’s been following SCW for the past year or so knows how talented SCW’s resident superhero is in the ring, I mean hell she earned the SCW Bombshell Championship and held onto it for a long time only losing it after The Fallen got involved in her title match against Gothika, Argento on the other hand is more of a wild card, the guy’s held no titles in SCW and is unproven in the ring in the eyes of the SCW fanbase.

Not unlike I and Odette come to think of it!

“So when did you learn that Odette was the mystery bombshell?” Charlotte asked as she sat next to me, I was currently watching TV, more specifically a rerun of last week’s Climax Control, and we had just reached the point where Odette was revealed, I turned to her and grinned.

“The day of the match, I was backstage in my locker room whilst you and Sophie were getting a snack, she knocked on the door and, after I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, confirmed that she was the mystery bombshell, I pinched myself again immediately afterworlds to make sure.” I explained and Charlotte laughed at that. “She told me not to tell anyone else, not even you or Jessie, to avoid spoiling the surprise.”

“I guess that leads me to my other question.” Charlotte responded with a sigh as the TV showed Gabriel making his return to SCW after the match. “Are you concerned about Gabriel?”

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t.” I responded with a frown as Gabriel finished his little speech and I turned off the TV that was pretty much the only reason I was watching that rerun and yeah, Gabriel has me worried. “The guy is a multiple time champion, mostly tag team gold but still, and Odette’s pissed him off.” I added with a wince. “Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I don’t like me and Odette’s chances right now.”

“You’ll find a way around him, and hopefully Christian and Mark can keep him away from your tournament matches.” Charlotte added giving me an idea in the process.

“I’ll see if I can chat with Christian before the match and see if I can get something sorted out.” I added and Charlotte grinned at that. “I don’t know how much good getting him to ban Gabriel from ringside will do in the long run, you heard what he said to Odette, but if anyone can think of a solution it’s Christian.”

“What about Mark?” Charlotte asked and I proceeded to look at her like she had just spawned three heads that where having an argument in Latin.

“Trust that snake in the grass? Why don’t you ask me to talk with Jessie about child abuse tips?” I responded and Charlotte looked at me shocked. “And no, I’m not gonna do that! I may as well be asking Jake to burry my body somewhere in the Nevada Desert by doing that!”

“And that’s if I hadn’t beaten him to the punch, figuratively and literally.” Charlotte responded as she shook her head. “Let’s try to change the subject, what about your opponents?”

“Roxi’s a girl who pretty much needs no introduction at this point! Much like Misty I think that her achievements in the ring speak for themselves and the fact that she has accomplished so much in her rookie year to boot.” I responded before thinking for a few moments. “Argento, he competed for the Roulette Title once, the time when hell got a snowstorm, pigs drunk from cans of Red Bull, I became a monkey’s uncle…..”

“I get it you’re talking about the time James Huntington Hawkes actually had a singles title reign.” Charlotte responded with a laugh and I grinned at that. “He hasn’t exactly done much since then has he?”

“Besides having one of the shortest ever Roulette Rules matches against Giani before Giani became a house hold name, no.” I responded as I shook my head. “But apparently he decided to return for Blast from the Past II and if I can help it his return will be short lived because I and Odette will win.”

“And if he sticks around after the tournament?” Charlotte asked and I thought for a few more moments.

“Then I’ll eat my words, literally, I’ll write down what I just said about Argento on a piece of paper and have that for dinner.” I responded and Charlotte shook her head probably wondering how she puts up with such a wonderful husband. “Speaking of words, I think it’s about time I started on my promo, don’t you?”

“Well, the cameramen have been here for an hour, if you hold them up any longer then it’ll be the day of Climax Control by the time you actually finish your promo.” Charlotte responded and I rolled my eyes as she walked off probably to check up on Sophie, who, last I checked, was playing Pokémon X on her 3DS, regardless this gave me the time I needed to start on my promo.

“Last week, when the Mystery Bombshells identity was, you know, a mystery, there was a million possibilities running through my head, one of the girls from the GWA, Hope Heelcum, Christian Underwood in drag, then again I’ve probably just described what he gets up to on Saturday nights, an already eliminated Bombshell trying to pass off as someone new and you know what? When Emma Rose removed her hood I thought I was right with that last prediction but nope! Instead I got the returning Odette Ryder!”

If there was ever a time to bring a cell-phone to wrestling match your competing in, it was the time when Misty saw Odette for the first time in months!

“And on top of that, we won! Mostly due to Cyrus King’s little blunder but we still won! Unfortunately our celebration was cut short by another returning face this time Odette’s ex Gabriel. This almost sounds like a Bad Luck Brian scenario to me: “Odette Ryder returns to be my partner in Blast from the Past II, so does her pissed off ex!” good thing I’m already married otherwise I’d be really screwed! Regardless this week is Odette’s first official match back and it’s another Blast from the Past match against Roxi Johnson and Argento!”

And I’m starting with Roxi.

“I would’ve started with my male opponent since, you know, he’s the one I can actually take on! But I have more to work with when it comes to Roxi so I’m starting with her! You’ve had quite the impressive rookie year in SCW Roxi and I applaud you for that fact! Not only that but you beat the formidable duo of Emma Rose and the reigning world champ Giani! The question is can you repeat that with me and Odette?”

Survey says, no!

“Sorry Roxi but as good as Emma is in the ring Odette’s so far out of her league that she may as well be another planet and by that I mean that Odette is better than Emma, no offense Emma, you’ve beaten Bombshells with more experience than before including Odette’s former tag team partner Misty but you won’t repeat the process with Odette!”

Next up is Argento!

“Argento, when I said that I had less to work with when it came to you then I did with Roxi I really meant it! I mean seriously, what rock did they look under to find you after all this time? Did you just randomly wake up one morning and go, “you know what, SCW’s bringing back the Blast from the Past Tournament, I may as well sign up!” however whatever explosions from the past come with your return will quickly be extinguished!”

That’s gotta be the worst incorporation of the tournament name ever!

“What I mean to say is, your time in this tournament is coming to an end very, very quickly and it won’t matter who scores the winning pin-fall, whether it’s me or Odette Ryder, because either way we’ll be advancing to the third round of the Blast from the Past Tournament and eventually winning the whole thing! Don’t like it? Let me file your opinion under “things I don’t care about”!”

I proceeded to open an invisible file cabinet before putting something in it (also invisible) and closing it.

“Argento, Roxi, I’m not about to deny your talents because let’s face it, this match is full to the brim with talented wrestlers! That said we have the experience edge so it’ll be we who advance to the next round! We who will go on to win the whole tournament and most importantly we who will move on to bigger and better things in our respective divisions after the tournament is over!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Argento, Roxi, you may have talent but what good is that against talented veterans like me and Odette? What good is that against someone who’s been around the block more than a few times? Not very good at all! Just remember kids, you have nothing to fear but fear itself and no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone and Odette Ryder!”

I turned the TV back on as the scene fades.
user posted image