Author Topic: Unknown Storage  (Read 352 times)

Offline Guns For Hire

• View Profile
Unknown Storage
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:58:04 PM »
 The scene fades in to the former Sin City Wrestling Tag Team Champion laying half naked in his bed, curtain not drawn properly as the bright sunlight pierces through into his face, unshaven and looking rougher than usual. Ethan blinks his eyes open, trying to shield the light with his hand but realises that he’s still got a grip on an empty bottle of scotch. Ethan sits up and even though he’s well into his forties, he still has an impeccable body with him sporting a six pack, hairy chest and his biceps larger than the most athletic man in his twenties.

As he gets his focus back, dropping the empty bottle onto the floor with it clanging against many other empty bottles, Ethan stands up wearing a pair of black brief underwear; he stretches and scratches his right buttock before he wonders over to the toilet to relieve himself.  Flushing the toilet and standing in front of the basin, running the cold water tap and cupping his hands underneath the stream of water, Ethan leans his head forward and splashes his face several times before reaching over and grabbing a hand towel to wipe his face. He leans back up and stares into the small mirror at himself.

This is his life.

Ethan reaches over to the side and lifts up a cut-throat razor, opening it up with the reflection of his eyes visible in the blade, Ethan places it against his wrist and contemplates slicing away the pain of his life.

He doesn’t.

Placing the razor back to the side and walking back into his bedroom, leaning down to pick up his t-shirt and jeans from the floor, slowly getting dressed before heading downstairs into his bar. Grabbing a pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket, he pulls out one and places it between his lips as he flicks his lighter on and sparks up, the blinking red light from the telephone catches the former Tag Champions eye as he walks over and presses ‘Play’ on the phone base.

Answerphone Automotive Voice:
You have one new message, message one.

Female Voice:
I cannot believe it’s been left up to me to make the first move, honestly, has chivalry well and truly died in this days and age?

Ethan looks slightly perplexed, taking a long drag from his cigarette, exhaling the smoke from his nostrils.  

Female Voice:
A few weeks ago I gave you my card at the gymnasium, it took me a lot of pain staking hours and hiring a private detective to find this number.. well actually I asked your blonde haired friend who seemed happy to give me your number, as well as your address and for some reason your twitter account name.

Ethan Brody:
Landon…

Female Voice:
Anyways, I hope you don’t mind me taking the first steps, I’m in the area today and wondered if you’d like to meet up? I’m going to be at a storage unit on twelfth at ten, it would be great to see you, oh and bring cash. Lots of cash! Hope to see you here today.

Answerphone Automotive Voice:
Friday, eight zero five A.M. If you want to listen to the message press one, to save the message press two, to delete the message press three.

Ethan presses a button on the base of the phone and wonders over to the bar, taking another long puff of his cigarette before looking up at the time. 9:24am. Twelfth was just a fifteen minute drive away. Ethan stubs his cigarette out in the ashtray, walking over to the till and pressing the cash button to release the draw, he grabs a few hundred dollar bills and places them in his jean pocket before grabbing his keys and making his way to the exit as the scene fades out.

The roaring sound of Ethan’s custom made American muscle car pulls up outside of the storage unit, looking at the clock on his dashboard to see it’s a few minutes to ten, he switches the ignition off and steps out of the car and looks around to see if he can spot this woman. Feeling like he is on a wild goose chase he is about to get back in, but he spots the women waving towards him through the reception door of the storage unit, she waves him over as Ethan slams the car door shut and heads into the building to see the reception foyer packed full of people.

Unknown Female:
I was getting worried you might not turn up.

Ethan Brody:
Well it’s not every day I get phone calls saying to bring lots of money, now is it, I was intrigued.

The women smiles

Unknown Female:
So getting a random call from a complete stranger, who questioned your romantic nature, is normal for you if the money part caused you to be intrigued?

Ethan Brody:
When you’ve been the partner of the blonde haired guy for as long as I have, you get use to random phone calls, but I remember you and I still have..

Ethan puts his hand into his jacket pocket and pulls out the card he was given.

Ethan Brody:
Your card, the only thing I lack is a name, so would you oblige and give me a name?

She shakes her head.

Unknown Female:
That would be spoilers, sweetie.

A man walks through the doors at the far end of the reception area, banging his fist against the door to get everybody’s attention,  Ethan looks towards the women who places her index finger on her lips to signify being quiet.

Unknown Man:
Wow this is an incredible turnout! My name is Drake and I’ll be your auctioneer for today’s auction, and we’ve got several lots up for auction today. Remember this is a cash auction and if you’re successful you’ll make payment at the end and clear the bin out before closing! There is only a few rules, when we’ve broken the lock and opened the door, there is no stepping inside for a closer look, it’s a quick look and we’ll commence the auction. Are we clear on the rules?

Everyone around Brody says ‘yes’ as the auctioneer Drake smiles.

Auctioneer Drake
Well let’s get going to our first lot of the day!

A cheer from some of the people occurs, a couple clap in excitement, as they follow the Auctioneer through the doors. The unknown woman is about to follow when Ethan grasps hold of her wrist, preventing her from walking, Brody looks at the unknown woman who smiles.

Unknown Female:
Surprise?

Ethan Brody:
So you’ve brought me to an auction?

Unknown Female:
Yes, not many people would have done something like this, right? Don’t worry it’s my first time too!

Ethan just looks at her.

Unknown Female:
Alright, I’ve been to a few of them before, but can we discuss this later as we’re going to miss the first lot.

She shakes off Ethan’s grasp

Unknown Female:
You can come if you want

She walks off to follow the crowd of people, Ethan sighs and watches people pass him to join the auction, a little reluctant but very curious he makes his way through people until he’s walking side by side with this woman.

Ethan Brody:
Say, for arguments sake, that I am curious about this, what can we expect to find in these storage units?

Unknown Female:
You just don’t know, that is the beauty of these auctions, sometimes it’s peoples processions like clothes, jewellery, furniture but sometimes you come across old equipment, new equipment, anything really and you can sell it on for a hefty profit. Just don’t get into a bidding war as you don’t want to pay over the odds for a lot that won’t make your money back.

Ethan Brody:
That is crazy.

She glares at him.

Unknown Female:
Oh really, mister professional wrestling man, your blonde haired friend really divulged a lot of information about you.

Ethan Brody:
He isn’t the sharpest of knives, if you get my meaning, yes I do wrestle but at least people come to watch me and pay my wages through ticket sales! What happens if you spend money on a lot and it’s a pile of rubbish, the boxes you thought where full are actually empty, you’ve lost money that you’ll never get back!

Unknown Female:
That is the gamble that myself and everyone else here is willing to take! Come on, Ethan, Lighten up!

She had called him by his name, it sounded weird to him, but in a very good way. Ethan nods his head as they reach the first storage unit, the auctioneer signals for one of the staff to use a bolt cutter on the lock, that clatters to the floor once cut and the storage door slides upwards. Ethan takes a peak over the heads of the people in front to see that the storage room was filled with black bags. He looks at the woman he’s with, who is trying to get a better view, but is unable to to her frustration.

Ethan Brody:
It’s filled with black bags.

Unknown Female:
Interesting, any furniture?

Ethan looks at her with amazement, shuffling forward slowly, getting a better glimpse of the lot as she glances at the storage unit herself.

Ethan Brody:
Not that I can see

Unknown Female:
I’ve noticed behind those bags that there is some boxes, maybe junk, but worth a punt if the price is right.

Ethan is reluctant to agree but nods his head as they find there place near the wall before the auction starts.

Auctioneer Drake
Right everyone’s seen the lot, who’ll start me off at hundred dollars?

Ethan Brody:
a hundred bucks, really?

The unknown woman nudges his in his side.

Voice
Right here!

Auctioneer Drake
I’ve got one hundred, who’ll give me a quarter?

A woman places her hand up just in front of the pair
Yep!

African American Man standing closest to the auctioneer
Two fiddy!

Auctioneer Drake
I have two fifty, can I get three hundred?

Ethan leans towards the woman.

Ethan Brody:
I’m going to guess that you’re giving this a miss?

Unknown Female:
I’m thinking.. I’m thinking.. just shhh, Ethan.

Ethan lets out a laugh in utter amazement as he can clearly see the contemplation on her face.

Ethan Brody:
My advice, although inexperienced at this, I think there are better lots out there.

She looks at him.
Ethan Brody:
If you’re unsure then don’t waste it, there is always plenty of fish in the sea, let someone else have this and move onto the next?

Unknown Female:
True… but there is a nagging feeling I should go for it.

Auctioneer Drake
I’ve got five hundred dollars, going once? Twice… SOLD to that guy there!

She looks at the person who purchased it.

Unknown Female:
He got that pretty cheap! I should of bidded!

Auctioneer Drake
Right, onto our next lot!

The hordes of people follow the auctioneer, Ethan places his hand on the woman’s lower back, leaning close towards her ear.

Ethan Brody:
You’re right

Unknown Female:
About what?

Auctioneer Drake
Our next lot is right here, open it up TJ!

Ethan Brody:
I’ll tell you in a minute.

Ethan and the unknown woman are standing right at the front this time with the staff member cutting the bolt of the door, the door swings open to reveal something that Brody isn’t expect, the storage unit was devoted to the military. Guns, uniform, flags, pictures. Although Ethan was apart of the British Army, it doesn’t stop the horrible flashbacks to his unit being ambushed, him watching his comrades die before him, taking a shot to his own chest that almost cost him his life. He opens his eyes to see the woman having a good peer around, broadly smiling as it’s something she wants, she leans in towards Ethan.

Unknown Female:
There is definitely a profit here..

Ethan cuts her off before she could continue.

Ethan Brody:
I just remembered that I’ve got an appointment that I cannot miss, can we take a rain check on this?

The woman looks slightly taken back

Unknown Female:
Are you okay?

Ethan nods.

Ethan Brody:
I’m fine. Next time I’ll call you.

She smiles.

Unknown Female:
Until we meet again, Ethan.

Ethan Brody:
Any clue as to what your name is?

Unknown Female:
All good things come to those who wait

She winks at him as Ethan kisses her cheek and makes his way through the crowd, brushing shoulders with a few people until he reaches the doors, heading out of reception and jumping into his car. Ethan doesn’t hesitate in turning the ignition on, putting his foot flat to the floor, his tires squealing and burning as it pulls away leaving a cloud of dust as the scene fades out.

The scene reopens to the sight of Ethan Brody sitting in his bar, a glass of amber liquid places before him with a cigarette perched on the rim of the ashtray, pictures lay before him of his squadron that perished that fateful day. Brody sets up the handheld camera and presses record as Ethan places it in front of him, the smoke from his cigarette acts like a mist as he takes a long swig from his glass.

Ethan Brody:
Martin Luther King Junior once said that ‘a man who won’t die for something is not fit to live’ I was once a Major General with the British Army and we stood together with a cause, we had something to die for, and the men who served under me they did exactly that. My life changed when that happened as I got into this industry, professional wrestling, it was an outlook to what was turning into a sombre life. I chose this business as a way to escape my demons, but the demons of my past haunt me still, plague my mind every passing moment. I suppose that is why I drink so much, to drown away my sorrows of life, or the sorrows of being the partner of Landon Axel…

Ethan notices that the red light had not appeared on the camera, none of what he was saying was being recorded, he was talking to himself in an empty bar. Brody composes himself, wiping the tear that had started to roll down his cheek, sliding the photos back into his tin and places them to one side. Clearing his throat before pressing really hard on the record button as the red light appears.

Ethan Brody:
For the first time in a long, long time, I’ll be standing in the corner with someone else. Landon Axel proved last week that he was capable of winning with someone else, the pair worked well together and now in the final 8 teams going into next week, now it is my turn to replicate that when I partner someone who is the complete opposite to me. Delia. Bonjour Mlle Darling, A French model who is a part of the tag bombshell duo of Mean Girls. Which will work in our advantage since you have a partner, I have a partner, we’ve been use to competing with our tag units for so long that we’ve come accustomed to it. Those traits, the things we learn from our partners can be replicated here, when it comes to Climax Control. Do not mistake it for trust, trust is earned not given, I am saying that our combined knowledge of tag team wrestling will do us justice this Sunday and hopefully beyond. However that all depends on our opponents, doesn’t it. Derek Thorne and Diamond.

Derek Thorne, a man who caused waves within Sin City Wrestling early part of last year, an intimating force within the six sided ring, he will make his return this Sunday when he partners, Diamond. A dangerous individual not to be taken lightly, a lesson learned from our Tag Team Title defence, a long friend of Spike Staggs will always prove to be that greater of a challenge. Staggs isn’t a former Heavyweight Champion at both regional and worldwide for nothing! He is an extremely gifted man who’s friends reek the reward of his vast knowledge, his guidance in and out of the ring, and most importantly of all his companionship. Derek Thorne could be considered a very lucky man in all extensive purposes of the word. HOWEVER I don’t really have that many friends, I have created a reputation that can only be earned through respect within the ring, I am someone who on my best day can defeat anyone within the wrestling world. I don’t hold friendship into high demand with myself, if we beat you and go on to face Landon and Salco next week, I won’t hesitate in forcing my boot up Axel’s ass in order to progress. In the end of the day, that is what it comes down too, progression. George Bernard Shaw once said that “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man” I am an unreasonable man as logic would say I should care about Landon, I don’t, reason should let me put trust in Delia, I won’t. Therefore in order for us to progress it will be this unreasonable man to change the most reasonable logic on its head in order to progress!
Ethan takes a swig from his glass, sighing afterwards in relief, he places the glass back down and looks at the camera once more.

Ethan Brody:
Diamond is someone who’ll prove to be the one in the rough, capable of defeating anyone on her day too, someone who has got a prestigious history within this sport already at a very tender age. I know I cannot do much when the match starts, well the code of ethics within SCW forbids me for laying a hand on you, therefore I cannot really comment on you Diamond. I know you’re a dangerous bombshell with a history of tag wrestling, just like me and Delia, but you are partnered with a man who hasn’t stepped foot inside an SCW ring in such a long time. Will he be the man he once was or will he be the shell of his former self? That is something you have to question yourself about. Vince Lombardi did say ‘Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work’ but is your individual effort going to be good enough this Sunday at Climax Control?

He takes a long inhale from his cigarette

Ethan Brody:
The pre-tournament favourites where eliminated last week, this tournament is most definitely up for grabs, I will do everything humanly possible to ensure our safe passage into the next round. Delia I hope what you said on Twitter is true, that your desire to capture that championship shot is what fuels you, in order for that to happen we’re going to have to work as a unit to defeat Diamond and Thorne. Not exactly the most visually stunning team, and I quite possibly am the oldest man in this tournament, but given the chance to be tournament winners I’ll persevere with you at my side. Ethan Brody and Delia Darling. 2014 Blast from the Past Tournament contenders!

Ethan leans forward and presses the stop button, rewinding the footage to re-watch himself, although not the best he’s ever looked and unprofessional by smoking and drinking. Ethan knows that if he progresses this Sunday, next week their opponent will have a more focused, more deadlier man to compete with as they’d only be two steps away from victory as the scene fades to black.

>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<select>
 <option value="Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody">
<align=center>Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody<align>
</option>
<option value="ACW Originals">
ACW Originals
</option>
 <option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)">SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)</option>
<option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)">SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)</option>
<option value="Only SCW Tag Team to be 2 time Champions">First SCW Tag Team to be 2 time champions</option>
 <option value="SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)">SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)</option>
   <option value="SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control)">SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control) </option>
<option value="Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody">Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody</option>
</select>