Author Topic: A Fate Worse than Death  (Read 311 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
A Fate Worse than Death
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
 Scene opens on a close-up of the center plate of the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship over the shoulder of Mercedes Vargas. As we pull back, we frame the Argentine Assassin sat on top of a stone coffin in a graveyard.

“You know what, I've had it. I'm done. I cannot do this anymore."

As she pauses and reflects, Mercedes brushes away a strand of her hair out of her eyes.

“For the last eight months, I've been proud to call myself a SCW Bombshell. For the last eight months, I've been proud to call SCW home. The moment I looked at the roster, I knew then that I would be challenged. I came to this company to face the best and beat the best. And from that time, the talent here has delivered. The Bombshells Division has one of if not THE best women's divisions around, and I still believe that."

She turns her head slightly away from the camera, then returns her gaze on the camera lens.

“But things has really got under my skin lately ever since I became the Sin City Wrestling Bombshell Roulette Champion for the second time. Things started to become a little hazy since I made history on the first Climax Control of 2014."

“See, the moment I won this title, (removes the championship from off her shoulder and cradles it) SCW Management has made me run through hoops lately. They named a number one contender to my title, only to then make it a triple threat match. When I successfully retained at My Bloody Valentine, I thought I would at least get Amy Marshall, but thanks to the ongoing Blast to the Past Tournament, she was ruled out, so they went for the next best thing: Necra Octavian Kane. (Quiet anger, eyes closed) Yes, the same Necra Octavian Kane who saw herself as the odds-on-favorite in the Bombshell Championship four-way, but failed to deliver on her promise. And just last Climax Control, she had the audacity to throw down the gauntlet to Gothika. Sour grapes, perhaps?"

“Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself."

Her tone softens, returning to her reflective state.

“Necra probably has it in mind that she's got this match in hand, and who could argue with her? You would have to be (circling her hand around one side of her head) crazy not to. According to her, the outcome is inevitable. And you know something, I'm really starting to think so, too."

Mercedes takes out a piece of paper from her top and unfolds it. She looks up at the camera, sullen.

“Here in my hand is my resignation. I know, I know, this is hard for me, too. (long pause) But sometimes you have to know when you're fighting a losing battle. That's what I've been with Necra and I've got the scars to prove it. (she breaks contract with the camera for a moment before looking back up again) So Necra, I'm taking your advice: I'm walking away from this match and I'm walking away from Sin City Wrestling. I'm waving the white flag, I'm taking my last bow. You win, Necra. Unless, Mark Ward plans to stage a tournament or battle royal to find a new champion, I don't really care anymore."

Mercedes hops off the casket and lands on her feet.

“Have a nice life."

Mercedes unfurls her title, drapes it over the coffin, then turns and walks away...only to retrace her steps and appear on camera again. With a grin, she walks up towards the lens.

“You didn't think...You didn't think I would just up and leave like that, did you? (shakes her head) I hate to say I told you so."

She holds up her hand.

“No, wait. I don't hate it. I just love when I'm right."

She laughs and backs away as she stands behind the coffin.

“Hiya, Necra. Do you know what this is? I'm willing to bet that you do. It's a sarcophagus. (she taps at the stone tomb) The very casket you buried Amy Marshall in at Into the Void II. And that same night where I made my pay-per-view debut in only my second match in SCW. But here's what I really want to ask you: How did it feel, hmm? How did it feel to be duped? Gothika made you look like a fool two weeks ago, but thankfully you weren't alone as Amy and Roxi got to share your embarrassment. Yes, I agree with you, it was...”heartbreaking”, wasn't it?"

“Do I think it's fair that you're getting another title shot opportunity after you failed at winning the Bombshell Championship from Gothika two weeks ago? Well, yes and no. Yes, because I'm thinking SCW Management is running out of competition for me. And no, because you haven't done a damn thing to earn a title shot in the first place. Not to worry, though. Sunday I will make sure you leave Climax Control the same way you left My Bloody Valentine – empty-handed."

Mercedes picks up her championship placing the title on her shoulder. Dusting off the pretend grime off of it, she leans against the coffin.

“Now, Necra, sweetheart, darling, I might be getting older, but between you and me, I think you're the one getting a little forgetful in her old age. No offense. According to the SCW record book, you've held the Bombshell Roulette Championship once. Not twice, like you claim. But, again, that's OK.

“We've been in five matches already, but if you take away the one time we had to team together and the X Rules Pool Party match at Summer XXXtreme II - You know, the pay-per-view where you lost the Bombshell Roulette Championship? - we actually been in three matches against one another, though I wouldn't really count those either, as you never really pinned me, Necra. My tag partners took the fall, and the one time we did have a singles match, well, I wouldn't necessarily call that an emphatic victory, would you?
(gives a look as if to say, I didn't think so) I knew we were on the same page. Just remember that if you're going to beat me, then beat me with the truth, don't torture me with lies."

She smiles.

“So, I guess you can say we're staring from square one. I just hope that the roulette wheel will finally give me a match that I can really sink my teeth into."

“I find it funny that you call yourself the Goddess of the Dead. As a matter of fact, I find it anti-climatic and a little ironic because here you are, alive and well. It's just your career that's dead, right? It's just that you no longer have (holds up her championship at the camera) this why you're dead on the inside, right? It's that you haven't earned a damn thing in Sin City Wrestling why you feel so empty inside, right? Since losing the Bombshell Roulette Championship, you've been wandering aimlessly, a lost soul in the Bombshell Division. You tried befriending Amy Marshall, but exactly where did that lead you? Exactly. The same way it led Misty when she supposedly turned over a new leaf – going nowhere fast. You were, essentially, dead. Lifeless. Stagnant. Inanimate. Choose an adjective, any adjective. Or two. Or three. Now, I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not such a great judge of character, but I think you hide your insecurities so well, it's amazing people don't already see right through you."

She gives a noncommittal shrug.

“Yeah, you have me all figured out, don't you? You know who else thought they had me all figured out? Amy Marshall, and look where she is. Like you, with nothing to show for it. Her two fluke wins were meaningless when I pinned her for the 234th time on the first Climax Control of the year. Let's face it, Necra, you should be kissing the ground Erik Staggs walks on, honey, because if it wasn't for the Lethal Lottery, you never would have won tag team gold. And if your team wasn't successful at Hostile Takeover, you never would won the Bombshell Roulette Championship in the first place. In other words, you never won any of your titles on your own merits. But you know who has? You're looking at her. (now standing to her feet) You know who has done that TWICE? This girl right here!

Mercedes nods with a slight smile, a sincere one. Not a fake one this time.

“Gothika, I don't think, ever saw herself as an underdog - and if she did, then she must be a better actress than me - but now she's the alpha female in the Bombshell Division. However, according to the previews for our match, Necra, apparently, if I even think about overlooking you, we may be seeing a new champion Sunday night. Well then.."

She looks down slightly, smiling a bit, before she looks up again brushing her hair back as she look up at the camera.

"The problem isn't that I don't think you're underestimating me, or that I'm not underestimating you, but that you're overestimating you. Necra, you haven't exactly set the world on fire, plus you lost to the likes of Laura Jackson. Laura Jackson! I feel ashamed by even mentioning her by name. My point is, you can mock me while I'm down, but you won't like me when I get back up.

“Do you know how many times you've ended up on your back? Three times. Do you know how many times that happened to me? Zero. Do you know how many times you've been forced to submit? Once. Though you actually passed out. How many times has that happened to me? Answer: Zero. How much faith do I have in you that you will be the first to change that? Zero. And you know what your chances of potentially walking away from this match with my title? Silly rabbit, it's zero."

She pauses.

“Think death is the cruelest fate? Think again, sweetheart. Believe it or not, there is a fate worse than death – it's me kicking your ass this Sunday. So, don't ask me for whom the bell tolls. If it's for me, I'll be sure to answer it, I swear. I will not go gently in that good night, at least not without some winter clothing. I hear hell will be freezing. However, that doesn't mean this match will be any less brutal. You said so yourself. If there is a funeral service Sunday, I want “The Lord” Matthew Kennedy to be there because I've come prepared.

“But this service isn't going to be for me, it's going be for you, Necra. I'm going to finally end this for good. I'm going to bury this rivalry and I'm going to bury you.
(looking back at the sepulcher) Not in a coffin, though, much too heavy and I doubt this thing would even make to the arena on time. No, Necra, the wrestling ring will be your grave. And if I want to, if I really feel like it, maybe I'l pay my last respects."

Rubbing her hand over the cold stone, Mercedes turns back to the camera.

“It's the very least I can do."

Fade.

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)