Author Topic: This Isn't A Game, Matt  (Read 524 times)

Offline Lucas Darby

• View Profile
    • Lucas Darby
This Isn't A Game, Matt
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »
 The first scene opens showing the inside of The Sons club house, with almost no one around. It looks to be mid day and not very busy. The camera pans to the left to show Lucas Darby sitting there, with his right hand holding a cigerette and his right hand rubbing his ribs, appearing to be in a little pain. He also looks to be lost in his own thoughts along with the silence as he's thinking about his first match against Alexis Marin two weeks ago and about his next match this weekend. Suddenly the silence is broken as Presley walks up behind him and speaks.

Presley: You okay?

Lucas snaps out of it and looks around to see Presley standing behind him. He nods his head and tries to smile at her.

Lucas: Huh?... Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Still a little sore from facing Alexis but I'll survive. I guess it's impossible to fight off a giant without getting beat down a little.

Presley: Right... Are you sure you're okay enough for your match against Barnes?

Lucas: Yes, I'm fine. I can't let that asshole talk about me like that and walk away without getting the beating of his life. I don't care if I walk in there with five broken ribs or if I'm better than one hundred percent, I'm still going to teach that boy a lesson about keeping his mouth shut. He has no reason to talk about me or my past like that. If he was a real man, he'd say it to my face and not into some damn camera in a public place.

Presley walks up and wraps her arms around Lucas, resting her head on his shoulder.

Presley: Don't let him get to you like that. He's another bully looking to get off on making fun of people. So what if we lived together since you were thirteen years old? So what if my father treated you like you were his own? That's family and you don't need to be blood to be family. You of all people should know that best.

Lucas: I do. I've heard that all my life and yet what Matt said, rings in my ears like a bell I can't shut off... I know what family means. It's about helping each other through the good and bad, it's about having someone there for you when a higher power isn't. You've been that for me and so has the rest of the group. That's why I'm apart of The Sons. Not for power, money or for back up. I'm here for family.

Presley: I know that, babe. Everyone of us knows that. If dad or any other of the guys where here instead of that patch over party, they would tell you that too. We support each other and no one can shake that. Not even that guy, Matt Barnes. He's only talking about the crap he paid to find out.

Lucas: His money is about to be the death of him! He had no reason digging into my past and talking about my mother. NO ONE talks about my mother!

Presley hugs him tighter, feeling Lucas ready to lash out at anyone or anything around him. She simply lightly tries to shush him.

Presley: Shh, shhh... Lucas, calm down. You don't even talk to your mother. You haven't in ten years. So forget about that, right now. Ignore it... You need to focus on one thing and one thing only, winning. I know how much he pissed you off but that was his goal. He was trying to pysch you out.

Lucas: All he did was make his ass beating worse... There is nothing that can save him now. I look at SCW like a job I have to do, just to support us and save up to buy us a home one day. I don't do it to hurt people and I would never do it to end other men's careers. I'm not that kind of person. But now... Now Barnes has opened something he can't shut and that's going to be his downfall. I don't care what he done in his debut, because that wasn't me. I'm an entirely different kind of beast.

Presley: I know, baby. I know. You can't go out there like this though. If you do, you're only falling into his trap and turning yourself into the wrong kind of person. Don't think about him insulting your family... Think about us, me and you. You started there for us and that needs to always be your ultimate goal. Okay?

Lucas: Okay....

Presley lets go and goes behind the bar, grabbing a cold beer from the fridge. She opens it and places it on the bar beside Lucas.

Presley: Drink that and calm yourself down some.

Lucas: Fine.... It's just, guys like him at the worst kind of asshole. They don't give a damn about anyone but theirself and what they want. He doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks or needs... How could people ever become like that? How do you stop caring about other people?

Lucas takes a drink from the bottle and puts it back down.

Presley: I don't know, Lucas. I guess after you gain so much money, the money starts to matter more than people do. I wouldn't know,.. All I know is he's a insult to the human race. People like him, Donald Trump, all the rich guys like him are the kind of people that stop caring about real people.

Lucas: And those are the kind of people I'm tired of. They are the people that I want to beat the hell out of... A lot of people in this world look up to them, the amount of money they have and they think "I want to be like him". Then they fight, claw and even kill to get the money they have. That's what I can't stand about people like that. They don't inspire greatness, they inspire greed and lust of power.

Presley: Lucas, you need to relax. You keep putting the world's problems on your shoulders. You aren't the president, you can't change anything. All you can do is what's best for me and you. So let's go do something to forget all this... How about a party? You, me and a bunch of The Sons hanging out?

Lucas: Sure... If you think that'll help.

Presley: I know it will.

Lucas: Okay, then let's go.

Presley: Okay hold on a few minutes. I'm going to make a call to EJ and see where the patch over party is, then we'll go. Stay in here and vent a little if you have too. Alright?

Lucas: Okay... Hey, thanks.

Presley smiles and nods at him, not verbally saying "You're welcome" but it's a bond between the couple that says it for her. Presley reaches into her bag and pulls out her cell phone as she leaves out the club house for a few minutes. Lucas drinks down the rest of the beer and slams it back down on the table. He seems to be staring at the empty bottle, picturing Matt Barnes and his words bouncing around inside his head. He speaks in a calm tone of voice, yet seeming to mean every word he says.

\'user

Lucas: Matt Barnes... The Bad Boy of Wrestling. A bad boy? Is that really what he's going to call himself going into this? Just because he's rich and spends his money on worthless things to pass the time, doesn't make him a bad boy. No matter how much money he throws away on booze, women, nice homes and cars, he will never be a true bad boy. Because real bad boys... They don't brag about being it. They simply live life the way they want to do it and don't give a shit about what anyway else thinks. They beat the living hell out of anyone that denies them or stands in their way. They might even break a few bones to get their way and they couldn't care less who else gets hurt in the process. Is that you, Matt? Is that what you REALLY are in the world of wrestling? Of course it isn't. You only talk the talk in front of the cameras to make yourself look good as your hired speech writer hands you a few notes from off screen. Everything you do, every single thing you say or even think, is scripted. Scripted by your agents, writers and public reps. You're simply a puppet controlled by your own money and you still see a bad boy of wrestling in that mirror every day? I don't and I never will. Because you're nothing but greed and money, a human shark eating away at the last of the good we actually have in this world. You have NO idea how many people are corrupted by greed, money and self loving every single day. I've seen the best of men, kill another man over a couple of dollars. I've witnessed fights, deaths, and complete hell for the last of a man's money in his wallet. And why? Why does this happen? People like you, Matt. People like you, that think it's all worth it when you're driving in your fancy car and living in your big home, laughing at the people that used to be exactly like you. That doesn't make you a bad boy... It makes you a pathetic little man, Matt. A sad excuse of what human life has become over the last couple of years. Because I don't care what you say about me or my family. You can talk shit about me all you want, but you can't walk around here doing the things you do every week and act like it's okay. No matter what you think or what you attempt to do. You're a weak little man trying to push around everyone else, nothing more.

Lucas looks up and looks into the camera, attempting to send a message directly to Matt Barnes. Showing him there is no fear in Lucas' eyes or his heart. There is only a will to fight and to win, against any means.

Lucas: And how do you show off your pathetic, buffed up self to the masses? You come into a sport full of real men, fighting to survive day after day and you attempt to steal that spotlight away from them. Yet you've already admitted that you didn't come here to make a living out of it. You don't need this job to pay your bills day after day and week after week, like some of us do. Like I, personally do. Instead, you look down on men like me and thinks of me as dirt on the bottom of your five hundred dollar pair of shoes. You see me as just another poor idiot, fighting to put food on the table for myself. Maybe you've never said that about me, he didn't have to. I know how people like you are, Matt. You do this for fun, entertainment and something to waste time on while all the men you've hired run the business' to make you more money in a hour than I do in an entire week. I know that because I know how people like you are. You don't think about anything but money. You think about how much you have and how you can get even more. That's what makes people like you, worthless. You take the one thing that every person in America could use to feed their family and help each other, to turn it into your boats. Your homes. Your things that you see as "Proof of being a man". If you were a real man, you wouldn't need all that money to be happy. You wouldn't need to horde every little dollar back, to show yourself you've done good in life. Instead of using it for a way to survive, you've turned it into one big trophy that you think you've earned.. Then you sit back in your chair and laugh at me... You laugh at all of us "Poor people" as we struggle. We fight to eat a damn meal, Matt. We almost kill each other just to make a name for our self here. Do you think we do it for the fame? The glory? The championship gold that we could win if we work our asses off? No, no it isn't about any of those things. It's about the money to support our families, money to eat, money to simply live. Do you know what that's like, Matt? Fighting to survive... FIGHTING TO REMAIN ON THIS EARTH FOR ONE MORE DAY!! You don't know that feeling, you could NEVER understand that feeling, Matt. But I do and thousands, no, millions of others on this planet know exactly what that's like. The people that have to fight to make it month to month. Getting barely money to eat, forced to survive on barely enough food stamps, forcing yourself to pawn items to eat and have lights. I know that feeling all too well...

Lucas raises his left hand and quickly slams it on the bar table, letting his anger flow through him. The thoughts of hard times and difficult moments flood back to him. Remembering his past, his struggles and never forgetting the people that have helped him to get to this point in his life. Lucas flexes his left hand, feeling the pain from hitting the bar as he speaks again.

Lucas: Because I've lived that life. I've been there were you depend on family to get to where you need to be, day after day. That's the only thing that's kept me going all these damn years. Family. Not money, not the ability to step on the weak and stand tall over the men I've crushed. It's been my family to help me survive to this point in my life. They don't need to be blood kin to me to be family. Family is simply a person loving you enough to do anything for you. People willing to give up a loaf of bread, an hour of their time to help you go some where when your vehicle is down or when you have no other way. The old saying goes, it takes a village to raise a child. Do you have any idea how old that saying is? Thousands of years old, they still knew what it took to survive. It wasn't green paper to buy love, sex or the items you get just because you want them. It was about family and surviving the harshness surrounding you. In those days, you feared lions, tigers and sharks. Today we fear other men, walking around us, looking to survive the same way you are. It becomes dog eat dog and kill or be killed to just make it to the next day, when it doesn't need to be that way. It never needed to become that way, until people like you, Matt, took over and started creating what this world has become... You're greed, you're envy, you're lust for everything in this world, has turned you into a heartless scared snake willing to strike at anyone or anything. The only difference is, you strike at me and I'll cut your damn head off. Because I've been out there in that concrete jungle, I've survived out here for years and I've fought the biggest, the baddest, the smartest, to make it to the next day. I guess you could say this match is more than rich versus poor or biker versus the suit. It's about one man's life lessons against another and at Climax Control, we find out who the real survivor is. I can tell you one thing though, Matt. It's going to be me. Cause I'm fighting for a bigger cause than you could ever imagine.

Lucas lifts his right hand and takes a quick puff from his cigerette, quickly letting the smoke out. If nothing else, it's to calm him down and set his mind back on the right track.

Lucas: I fight for the support of all the fighters. All the people that have seen what I've seen and been through what I've been through... I fight for those who are becoming too weak to fight for themselves. The ones ready to give up and call quits on this life. Because that's what being poor can force you into. You get tired of fighting and you get tired of not knowing what's to come tomorrow. You wake up in fear, wondering what you'll lose today. Will it be the lights? Maybe your phone? Or it might even be your children, because the government thinks you're too poor to support your own children. The people that won't help you, won't care about you and won't give you a single penny are the people that then pass judgement on YOU for not doing enough. They say you are the reason you can't afford to feed yourself or your child. The point the blame right in your face, telling you that your children are better off without you being the man to fight for them. Do you know what that does to a person, Matt? Do you know what that kind of torture inflicts on someone after a life of that? That pushes a man into a dark place. A place that some never come out of and the next place you see them, is under six feet of dirt with a funeral no one can afford to pay for... Those people are who run through my mind every time I see you, Matt. Those people that you fire or disrespect, without even a single glimpse of emotion. You figure if it doesn't effect you, it doesn't matter. But you're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong... It effects everyone. It effects generations for years to come and I've been one of those generations. So let me thank you, Matt. Thank you for signing with SCW instead of some big company like you could have. Thank you for giving a guy like myself, the chance to beat the living shit out of you in front of all the fans that HATE your guts! Thank you for letting me be the man to teach you the biggest lesson of your entire little pathetic meaningless life! And trust me... I'm going to do exactly that. I'm going to teach you that money might be power, but it can't stop a fist from knocking every tooth out your big mouth!

Lucas reaches over and puts out his cigerette. He stands up and starts walking out the club house doors as the scene fades out for the first time today.

SCENE TWO

The scene opens outside what looks to be another bar in the state of Nevada. Many black motorcycles are parked outside all over the place and some have men standing beside them in conversation. One black motorcycle comes riding down the road, with a man driving and a female behind him. it pulls it then parks in the nearest spot to the door. The man riding takes off his helmet, revealing himself to be Lucas Darby as the woman takes off her helmet, revealing herself to be Lucas' girlfriend Presley. The couple gets off the bike and Presley waves at someone, walking toward them as Lucas walks into the club with the camera following him in. Lucas smiles as he sees other members of The Sons inside, but quickly walks over to another member with a long beard and long hair. Lucas gives him a big hug, treating him like very close family. They break the hug and begin talking to each other.

Lucas: Hey man! How have you been, brother?

EJ: I've been good. How bout you? Don't see you around much

Lucas: Aw man, you know how it is. Busy with life and business. Surviving... Been away too damn long though. I had to take some time to come see you guys and the new patch ins.

EJ: Well its good to see you. I am sure Jenna will be glad to see you too. So what you doing to keep you away this long?

Lucas: Working... Presley being Presley, seen that I had a "Real job offer" for once and decided for me that I'd take it. It hasn't been all bad though. It's just a wrestling gig in some company based in Vegas. You may have heard of them once or twice, Sin City Wrestling.

EJ: Yea Jenna watches that crap. She thinks I should get into it but I'm all outlaw, you know? Plus I've heard all that stuff is fake as can be. Guys punching the air and the other making a noise to sound like he was hit. I couldn't do that. I'd have to haul off and knock the hell out of someone I didn't like.

Lucas: Trust me, you'd have fun with it and it isn't fake. I thought the samething until I got in there and the guy's first knee to my gut knocked every bit of air out my entire body. So let me buy us a beer and I'll tell you all about the seven foot giant I faced in my first match...

Lucas walks over to the bartender and pulls out his wallet, but before he can the bartender waves him off. Lucas smiles and puts his wallet away, raising two fingers on his left hand. The bartender quickly fixes two beers and gives them over to Lucas. He grabs them and walks over to the table with his buddy EJ following him. Lucas sits and slides one of the beers over to EJ.

EJ grabs ahold of it open with a smile and takes a swig.

EJ: So tell me about this giant in SCW and all that shit you're doing there.

Lucas: Right, the seven foot giant... His name was Alexis Marin. I know, a guy named Alexis sounds pretty fruity. But when you get in there and your eye level with his chest, it isn't so funny anymore. It took me awhile to find his weak spot and he was beating the crap out of me most of the match. Finally got in a few punches and the finishing blow... Won it. Got a nice cash bonus for winning too.

EJ: Well congrats on that. I'm sure it wasn't easy taking out a big footed giant like that for your first match. So whats your next challenge there?

Lucas takes a big sip of his beer and smirks, almost laughing at the thought of calling Matt Barnes a challenge.

Lucas: He calls himself "The Bad Boy of Wrestling", names Matt Barnes. Prick of a rich guy that thinks he can hang in the ring because he done some sports in high school and his body looks like he'd pumped more than iron if you get my point... He's the kind of guy you just want to lay out quick. His mouth runs fifty miles an hour and ninety percent of it is bullshit about how he's better because he has money.

EJ: I hate pricks like that. They always feel like they deserve everything when they haven't earned shit.

Lucas: Me and you both. People like us fight to make a dollar to feed ourselves and guys like Barnes at throwing it away on anything that shines. That's one reason why I'm glad I signed with SCW. It's the only place that I could beat the living hell out of a rich snob and not walk away in cuffs. Even if I'm one of the smallest guys there, I do what I need to do to win and get that paycheck at the end of the night.

EJ: Yeah I know how that is. It's hard to come by quick cash or hell, any cash now days. They want these college graduated kids to do the simpliest stuff. You don't need a peice of paper to work a fork lift, but they think you do... It's getting harder by the day just to make it. Even with Jenna pulling in extra hours with her job. I need to start finding another way to earn.

Lucas smiles a little, seeing a chance of expanding the talent list in Sin City Wrestling.

Lucas: Really? Well you're a big guy and I've seen you handle yourself in a couple of fights... You think you could make it in SCW?

EJ: I could if they are into the ultimate fight style of fighting. I don't want to be held back by anyone once I start throwing punches and kicking the crap out of them.

Lucas: There is no certain style, man. You go out there and you fight. You fight untill you can pin the other guy for three seconds and you make a payday. Either you win or you lose, there is no middle ground there. You can't be a pussy and still expect to earn in SCW.

EJ: Don't even try calling me a pussy. The only pussy I see around me is Jenna and Presley.

EJ smirked trying to get under his friends skin a little

Lucas: I don't know about that. You're acting pretty scared. Even Presley was willing to get in there if I wasn't, that's how much she wanted this. She thinks my boxing background was enough to get me through and it did in my first match. Maybe in my second too. Who knows? I might even be wearing a nice gold belt one day... And you'll be sitting back on your ass, wishing you weren't so scared to do it.

EJ: I ain't scared of shit Lucas. You of all people know that. Nothing in this world scares me.

Lucas: Then do it, bro. Give it a try out and see if you get signed. I'll put in a good word for you and get the ball rolling... If you don't do it to prove you aren't scared. Do it for Jenna. You know she's been working hard to support you guys and the more you win in SCW, the more you make. Maybe if you win enough, Jenna can finally quit that shit and do better for herself too.

EJ smirks as he watches his old lady and presley talking.

EJ: I guess it couldn't hurt I mean I do want Jenna to stop carpet munchin.

Lucas: Exactly. So I say you do it. What do you have to lose?... Except maybe some ego if you get your ass kicked.

Lucas smiles a bit and takes another drink from his beer.

EJ: Me? Get my ass kicked? No. That'll never happen. You give those boys over at SCW a call. I'll try it out for a match or two and we'll see how it goes from there.

Lucas: I like the sound of that... Can I give you a warning first, though?

EJ: Avoid the giant?

Lucas: No, not match advice. If you go into Christian Underwood's office... Don't let him convince you to take off your shirt. Not even for "Medical reasons".

EJ stares back at Lucas with a strange confused look.

EJ: Why?

Lucas: Oh no reason, man. None at all... Let's go see how the girls are around here.

EJ: Wait, tell me about this Underwood guy.

Lucas stands up and starts walking off, some what trailing off his words.

Lucas: Nothing to tell about him.

Lucas walks off as EJ follows him, beer in hand. With EJ still trying to get answers out of Lucas.

EJ: What the hell, Lucas? Tell me.

The guys walk off with the sound of Lucas laughing as he walks up to his girlfriend Presley and EJ's girlfriend Jenna standing in the corner talking. The scene fades out.
>