Author Topic: The 'Talk'  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
The 'Talk'
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »
 Confessions of a fan girl

“What do you mean you’re not coming with me to go talk to Synn?”

Busting through her bedroom door Melody was in shambles that Odette would at the last minute pull out of coming on this highly important meeting with Despayre’s father.

“Mel you know I love you but I think this is something you must do by yourself. I promise you Synn won’t be horrible towards you… he is just concerned like any father would be of their son getting close to a female.”

The blonde felt defeated as she plonked herself down on her queen sized bed, sighing loudly hoping that her childish mind games would get Odette to change her mind.

“You can sigh all you want Barbie but I’m not coming. If you want to be friends with Despy that bad you have to face his father”

Melody Grace shot up off the bed just as fast as she fell down on it and headed towards her walk in wardrobe. Odette on the other hand was flicking through a glossy magazine while lying on her number one fan’s bed.

“What if he tells me to stay away?  I don’t want to stay away O. I really like hanging with Despayre”

Her large hazel eyes looked down as Melody truly looked terrified by this big ordeal.

“Well if he does Synn can talk to me.”

Shooting her friend a genuine smile Odette hoped that it would calm Melody down.

“Now tell me cupcake, what are you wearing tonight?”

Melody’s face lit up like ten thousand lights on a Christmas tree as she took off into her walk in wardrobe. After a few minutes of fumbling around she returned back into her very pink bedroom with three different sets of clothing. Laying them all on the bed beside Odette, she watched as the Aussie eyed them all.

“What do you think? I’m torn between these three… I want my outfit to say… I’m a good girl but not in a slutty teacher type of way”

Odette knew what she meant and she was only too happy to tell her the truth. Sliding off the bed Odette stood beside Melody and looked down at the three options, this was going to take a while. Lifting the first coat hanger off the bed with the dress that was attached to it Odette screwed up her nose in disgust. It was a mustardy coloured three quarter dress that had rhinestones on it. Holding the car crash of a dress up towards Melody, Odette spoke her mind.

“No… not this one… this one says I like ugly things… and that I’m easy”

Tossing the dress back down on the bed Odette lifted the second dress up and held it against Melody. This time it was a classic Vera Wang black halter neck dress that just cut off a little short of the knee. Odette smiled brightly as she knew that Melody had fashion sense and this was more like it.

“I Love this dress and it would look super cute on your Mel… But… this one kind of screams ‘take me now’ and I don’t think that the message you want to be sending to Synn”

Plonking the dress down onto of the other one Odette hoped that the last dress was a winner picking the last dress up the Aussie knew that this was the one. Pressing the dress up against Melody Odette smiled brightly as the bright blue maxi dress that flowed like a water fall to the ground was the winner. The dress might have been a boob tube top but it didn’t expose any of Melody’s well produced cleavage which for this type of meeting it was a must that she looked the part.

“You’re wearing this one… no if’s buts or maybes.”

Throwing the dress towards Melody, Odette watched as she caught it and ran off towards the bathroom to get ready. After a few minutes Melody had walked back out of her bathroom fully dressed her hair was already well groomed as Melody took a lot of pride in her personal appearance. Stumbling over towards Odette Melody was trying to slide on a pair of Prada heels while walking and talking.

“Okay… so I have exactly half an hour to get to Synn’s house and pick him up”

“Wait… why are you picking him up?”

Winking while tapping her forehead at the same time Melody was clearly up to something.

“It’s called making an impression Odette…duh!”

Mouthing the word ‘right’ towards her younger friend Odette picked up Melody’s black clutch and held it out for her. Melody took the bag from Odette and quickly pulled her idol in for a hug.

“If I don’t come out alive tonight… just know that I love you”

Laughing while she squeezed her best friend between her hands Odette couldn’t help but feel excited for her weird little prodigy.

“You’ll be okay Melody… you’ve got this… just make sure you’re one hundred precent honest and Synn will see that you more than capable of being Despayre’s friend”

Pulling apart from their hug the two girls walked out of Melody’s bedroom and headed towards the front door. Before they left the house Melody was sure to pick up two gift bags and hide them behind her back so Odette couldn’t see them. As they made it towards the garage Odette’s eyes grew wide as she saw Melody’s car, holding back a full blown laughing fit Odette gave Melody a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Alright Melody Grace… you have fun tonight and call me as soon as you get home… I want details.”

Melody nodded her head and headed towards her car dumping her clutch and the two gift bags on the passenger’s seat before starting the engine. Pulling out of her drive way she drove past Odette who was walking to her car that was parked out on the street and gave her horn a little toot before buzzing straight past her. As Odette waved her friend off she pulled out her cell phone and dialled Gabriel’s number.

“Hey… babe how far away are you from Synn’s house? Don’t ask why you just have to go there… you have to see this… oh trust me it’s worth it… alright I love you… see you soon”  

oxoxoxoxoxo

Half an hour rolled on by in a flash as Melody drove over to Synn and Despayre’s house. Normally she wouldn’t have six million butterflies flying around her stomach when she entered their drive way but because what was at stake she felt sick. Pulling up besides Gabriel’s white Bugatti Melody was quick to cool down the engine before hoping out of the car and bolting towards their front door. Not sure if she should just knock or press the doorbell she did both under pressure. Hearing firm footsteps coming from inside the house Melody held her breath as the towering figure of Synn swung open his front door. His eyes falling down onto the startled Melody Grace he welcomed her with a wide smile. While they exchanged their greetings something caught the corner of her eye, it was Despayre he was charging behind his father Angle of course was in tow.

“Oh Boy… Melody’s here… we have things to do… I have a project, yes a project”

eyes shifted from side to side trying to hide the fact that he was up to something. Melody flashed him a bold smile before looking back up to Synn.

“Oh how I’ve missed you Despy… but I can’t play today”

A frown covered both of their faces as now Gabriel was also standing in the doorway.

“Gabriel I entrust that you’ll take good care of Joshua tonight, while Melody and I go out to run a few errands?”

Synn said with confidence as he looked like he was trying to leave the house as quickly as possible not wanting to cause a scene for his son. Gabriel just nodded as Despayre watched on a little confused.

“Where are you going? What are you doing? Can I come, oh please oh please oh please.”

As Despayre pleaded with Synn his eyes looked to the floor, he knew without even a word spoken from Synn that he wasn’t allowed to join them.  Melody sensed that Despayre was upset and was quick to try and fix it.

You can’t come with us Despy because… well were getting you a surprise… you can’t be there when we buy it or it will ruin everything”

Her big toothy smile was wide and bright as Synn looked at her shaking his head at the thought of her ‘lying’ to his son. As the two exchanged a small awkward stare down Gabriel’s laughter broken the tension.

“Wait please don’t tell me that’s your car?”

Pointing over towards the bright yellow VW Beetle that was parked beside his Bugatti Gabriel was in stitches trying to hold in his laughter.

“Hey what’s wrong with my car?”

Melody frowned as the three males made eyes from her to her car laughing

“I’m sorry but you expect Synn to fit in that car? Oh man this is funny… where is Shane when you need him?”

Gabriel continued to laugh at the thought of the tall Synn hopping into a small car, Synn on the other hand could see how nervous Melody was so he was quick to reassure her with a smile. Looking down toward his watch Synn turned to face Gabriel, Joshua and Angel.

“Well you boys have a nice night… Melody and I must be going”

Turning back towards the fan girl they two waved at Despy, Angel and Gabriel and said their goodbyes as they walked towards the bright yellow bug. Synn walked around to the passenger side and didn’t say a single word and he slipped into the leather seats grabbing her clutch and the two gift bags he sat them on the floor at his feet. Melody quickly hopped into her side and started the engine. Before taking off out of their drive way Melody reached down and grabbed one of the gift bags and handed it to Synn.

“This is for you”

Looking across at him with her big brown eyes she watched on excitedly as he opened the gift bag not sure what to expect. Synn opened the bag up and the look on his face said it all it was definitely a Melody present. Pulling the contents of the bag out Synn rested it on his lap it was a fluffy covered red notebook and a matching fluffy red pen.

“I figured that you would have some questions about me… so I wrote it all down in the book… also there are some blank pages in the back for note taking… hence the pen. I have a matching set it’s in the other gift bag but mine is Pink. I love pink”

Melody was rambling as Synn placed his gift back in the bag and rested back into the car seat. As Melody reversed out of the drive way and the two headed off to their dinner plans she couldn’t help but feel uneasy by the silence that had engulfed the two. As the blonde drove she made sure her hands were at the ten and two position she also made sure that she stopped and counted to three at every stop sign and followed every road rule known to man to a tee. Shifting her hazel eyes over to steal a glance at Synn she smiled brightly as he had caught her.

“Something on your mind Miss Grace?”

His voice was so captivating, not only did Melody have to face that fact that he was intimidating in his appearance but the wisdom that dripped from his mouth would prove to be another hurdle she must jump. Turning her attention back to the road in front of her with a bright red flush now in her cheeks Melody slowly but confidently (well as much confidence she could muster up) replied.

“Nothing… nothing at all”

Synn let out a short laugh

“So you’re telling me you have nothing you wish to say?”

watched Melody intensely as she drove trying to read her facial expressions so he could find out what was so different about this girl, but more importantly why she wanted to hang around his son.

“Well… I think it’s safe to say I thought this would never happen… you… me in my little yellow bug driving to dinner. You’re like a very important person in the wrestling world and well the world in general and I’m just a small town country girl… who was lucky enough to move to Vegas and find Odette.”

“You sell yourself short Melody”

over towards him for a brief second Melody smiled

“You can call me Mel if you would like… we are friends right?”

Smooth Melody real smooth. As the journey in the car continued and two made small talk it wasn’t long until they were at their destination. A local Italian restaurant that was reserved for the ‘upper class’ of Vegas. Pulling up at the valet Melody let the man take her car away to be parked as she lead Synn towards the large golden doors to the establishment. Although this was not a date Synn was still a gentleman and grabbed the door for Melody, mouthing thank you up towards him the two were quickly ushered to their seats. A small dim lit booth in the very back of the restaurant, the waiters were quick to bring over a couple of menus as Synn and Melody got comfortable in their cushioned seats.  Looking down at the menu in front of him Synn brought it up in his hands, scanning his eyes down the page he looked up at Melody over the menu.

“If I didn’t know any better Melody, it would appear you’re trying to impress me”

He said with a smirk that Melody was only too happy to reply with a shy blush.

“Well there’s that… and then there’s the fact that this is my family’s restaurant… so I know the food is decent.”

Synn looked around at his surroundings this place was far from decent it was like the Bellagio of restaurants.

“Sometimes Synn… it’s not what you know it’s who you know.”  

OOC TBC By Chris whenever he gets a spare moment =)
>

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
The 'Talk'
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
 The waiter approached their table and smiled cordially toward them both as he held up a pad in had and asked, "Can I get you something to drink?"

Synn said nothing as he gestured toward Melody to indicate that she could go first, as a lady should. Being the establishment was owned by her own family, she had been here often enough that she didn't need to truly look over the menu, as she was quite familiar with what it offered to guests so she said softly,

"Cherry Coke, please?"

Synn glanced down at the menu in his hand to shield the smirk from Melody's eyes as he fought back a silent chuckle. It was not lost on him that her drink of choice also happened to be the favorite of Joshua's. It was also somewhat amusing that in such a regal and refined restaurant as he now found himself, Melody had foregone the choice of a wine or simple water in favor of soda pop.

The waiter looked to Synn and asked, "And you sir?"

Synn casually glanced at the appropriate part of the menu before he answered simply, "Just a glass of Famiglia Anselma Barolo."

"Right away." The waiter said and he turned and moved away as Melody blinked at Synn. He glanced up and his eyebrows rose almost to the point of vanishing under the weight of his wild hair.

"What?"

Melody shook her head and said softly, "I couldn't even pronounce that."

Synn sniffed back a laugh and looked back down at the menu and said, "You underestimate yourself."

He then paused and looked up from the menu toward his surroundings. The restaurant had a subtle but elegant decor. Unlike many higher end establishments, this one did not overdo things in the decor just so the guests within would realize they were lucky to be inside. No, this place went the simplistic route to where one could be inside and relax yet understand they were not in some fast food place but a fine Italian restaurant with refinement and taste. The minimalist decor being designed to enhance conversation.

"I admit I'm impressed." Synn glanced down at the menu again. "Your family has done quite well for themselves. Whoever designed the decor has obvious good taste."

Melody smiled, proud that she had managed to impress Synn with her family's restaurant when the waiter returned to their table. He set the glass of Cherry Coke down to the right of Melody's place setting, and the same with Synn's glass of red wine.

"Are you ready to order?" He asked, holding his pen to the paper of his notepad. "Or do you need a few more moments?"

Synn looked up to Melody, silently questioning. She hurriedly looked back down at her menu, unsure why she even bothered as she already had decided what she wanted, long before she even arrived here.

"Just the vegetable lasagne, please?" She whispered, the urgency to eat vanishing more by the second due to nerves.

"And you sir?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have the Penne and Eggplant Parmigiana." Synn replied, and then added. "But I'd like to start off with the Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta."

"Yes sir." The waiter nodded and finished scribbling the order down on the pad before he collected the menus from them and hurried off toward the kitchen.

"You sure know your way around an Italian restaurant." Melody quietly observed.

"I am quite a bit older than you, Melody." Synn answered simply. He then paused and frowned before he said, "Well, perhaps not that old."

Melody giggled gently and sat back in her chair as a second waiter placed a wicker serving basket filled with the restaurant's special garlic bread sticks in the center of the table. She and Synn both unfolded their napkins and placed them across their laps. Melody reached for a small breadstick and went to take a bite when she noticed that Synn did not do the same. Instead of reaching for one of his own, he had leaned over in his seat to reach for something at his side and he picked up the frilly pink bag she had presented him with in her little car.

Why, she had not even noticed he had brought it into the restaurant with him!

Synn obviously had no qualms about what the rest of the clientele in this place would think to see a man such as himself with a bright pink bag or what the staff might think or say. He instead nonchalantly opened the bag and pulled the notebook from inside, the one she had filled with information about herself so he could know as much about her as possible.

"Forgive me." Synn said as he opened it up, looking over the top of its pages and toward her. "Curiosity was always a weak point for me."

She nodded and slowly set her breadstick down on her plate, almost all but forgetting it and losing what appetite she had. She tried not to stare as Synn glanced along each page before flipping to the next, as the father tried to decipher as quickly as possible, all he was able to about this young woman who had so taken an interest in his son.

Then, without a second thought, Synn reached back into the bag and extracted the "girly" pen that Melody had also included for "note taking" and he popped the cap off before turning back to one of the blank pages she had provided him for just such a time as this.

"I've seen you and Joshua enjoying his Looney Tunes DVDs together." Synn said quietly. "Who is your favorite character of the series?"

Melody blinked. Of all the questions he could have asked her, that was definitely not something she had expected him to ask her. Still, he was right. She enjoyed watching those funny cartoon shorts with Despayre. She had enjoyed them from as far back as her own childhood. The answer to her was a simple one.

"Taz."

Synn nodded and jotted down her answer on the notebook, casually mentioning, "Joshua's is Daffy Duck. A bit ironic given he doesn't like the real thing."

"He doesn't like ducks?"

Synn shook his head and silently mouthed 'No." Synn then wrote something else down before he asked, "Do you have a favorite episode?"

This time Melody had an answer at the ready. Now that Synn had asked the first question, she kind of figured he might ask one like this. Her smile brightened and she said, "I actually like the one where Taz and Daffy were together. Taz escaped from a zoo and Daffy had to lure him back to get a reward."

"I know of it." Synn said, his eyes on the pages as he wrote down her answer. "I should be. Joshua has made all of us watch it a time or two."

By a 'time or two', Melody was sure Synn meant 'repeatedly.'

Synn then added, "I believe Joshua's favorite is the one where Daffy was a detective of some sort."

"Duck Twacy!" Melody laughed. "The famous Duck-tecitive. I love that one!"

Synn glanced up at her and her smile froze, thinking perhaps that she had made herself look silly with her enthusiasm, but Synn just smiled and that soon caused her insecurity to evaporate for the time being. She watched hi as he jotted down what she had said before he asked his next question.

"What are your intentions towards Joshua?"

Melody started to answer when she froze, it just suddenly coming to her what he had just asked. She stared as he casually glanced up from the notebook and to her. He arched just the lone eyebrow, waiting...

Helllllooo butterflies!
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
The 'Talk'
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
 Ummm…. Ummmm….. Rainbows, unicorns and Pop tarts.

Wait whoa hold up Mel remember what Odette told us earlier? She said to be one hundred per cent honest with Synn, now go be honest.

Melody forced a shy smile over towards Synn as she pushed a stray fly away piece of hair out of her eyes. Biting on her bottom lip she went to speak but stopped, before grabbing onto the straw that was in her large glass of Cherry Coke. Spinning the red piece of plastic around and around the brown liquid for a few seconds Melody lightly cleared her throat as if she was going to make some type of announcement to man eyeballing her across the table.

“My intentions Mr Synn Sir are of pure innocence.”

Synn glared towards Melody as she started to swirl her straw around her drink faster and faster.

“I know I haven’t known Despy for very long, but from what I do know… I like him. Now before you say I’m not his type or anything like that hear me out.”

Holding her hands up in front of her as if she was defending her innocence the bubbly blonde continued.

“I want to be Despy’s friend… I mean I think I have won over Angel’s heart but Despy I’m not so sure of.”

A bright beaming smile danced gloriously on her face as she nodded seeming happy with herself for that answer.

“I have fun hanging around with your son, Mr Synn Sir and I would be most unhappy if we had to stop.”

Synn didn’t say anything he just looked at her before writing away in the notebook that Melody had supplied him. Just as Melody was about to take a sip on the straw, she noticed Synn’s eyes flick up and look at her. Stopping she huffed a nervous laugh out from her nose.

“Oh boy, you had me like a snow cone in front of some very bright headlights there Mr Synn.”

Chuckling at her statement just the slightest bit Synn arched his eyebrow up at her.

“You do know the expression is like a deer in headlights right?”

Synn’s words with filled with goodness, he wasn’t mocking her at all. Nodding quickly in agreement Melody took a quick sip of her drink and fired out a polite response.

“I know, I know… but I feel sorry for that deer that always gets caught looking into the bright lights. He must have very sore eyes by now… and I’m against animal cruelty”

Smiling like a proud animal lover Melody went back to her drink, still too scared to touch her garlic bread stick laid out in front of her.

“But you’re not against snow cone cruelty?”

Shaking his head a little for asking such a question Synn watched on as Melody replied.

“If you ask me the snow cone had it coming”

Leaning in almost whispering her last line as if it was a top secret, Melody looked around with shifty eyes.

“Because they’re so delicious”

Laughing at her joke for a few seconds Melody noticed that Synn was writing something long in the note book. Lifting her eyes she was trying to sneak a look across the table. While she was trying to steal a peak, the waiter returned with Synn’s Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta. As Synn thanked the waiter he proceeded to pick up the plate and offer some to Melody who declined. Taking a piece in his right hand he brought it to his lips and started to eat, only once he started chewing Melody started to snack on her own entrée. As the two sat in silence why eating, Synn waited for all of the contents that were in his mouth to be swallowed before taking a mouthful of his drink washing it down. Looking over towards Melody who was eating like a mouse he went back to his notebook.

“So tell me Melody how much do you actually know of Joshua’s past, what has Odette told you?”

As she finished her mouthful of food, Melody quickly gulped down two sucks on the plastic straw. Before running her tongue over her teeth checking for stray bits of herbs.

“To be honest, not a lot… but that’s only because she doesn’t know a lot about it. She tells me that she would like to ask Gabriel but Odette being Odette thinks that it would be rude to ask Gabriel to share such information that’s not even his to tell.”

Looking up Melody’s eyes shifted from side to side, trying to make sense of that in her head.

“Odette has also told me that it would be best for me to hear it from you, as you have known him the longest.”

Smiling brightly Melody looked over at Synn.

“I don’t mean to be rude Synn, but I am interested to know what his story is… you don’t have to tell me, but I would just like to protect him like Gabriel always does, because Despy is almost like my best friend.”

Her smile was growing a little bit bigger by the second but she forced it down to nothing as she waited for Synn to reply.
>