Author Topic: Fenris Vs Alex Jones  (Read 2095 times)

Offline SCW Staff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fenris Vs Alex Jones
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:53:02 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match in this thread.

Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 word limit.

Good luck!

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Fenris Vs Alex Jones
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 03:29:25 AM »
“Don’t…..” His voice growled again as he slid down to his feet, his eyes moved over to the house again, his phone rang and lit up. Alex looked down at it and then up at Spike before giving him a slow and understanding nod. “Hey, Charlie?, .yeah. Yeah, I know. I’ll come home sis…..”

”I was so close Sonja…”We snap back to present day. Alex is sitting on the edge of his couch, Sonja sitting next to him, her long blonde hair tied back as her hand slides over to his grabbing it tight. ”Everything I have now, it would have been gone in an instinct if I’d given in. But I wanted to. I wanted to end them all” He swallowed hard and closed his eyes. Sonja stayed silent and tilted her head to the side just letting it all flow.

”I blamed everyone but myself. Charlie made sure I knew how she felt. But even then, even after she took it back and realised that I was too young to have all that on me and it was our parents that failed us...it still..hurt” His voice trailed off, Sonja cleared her throat and moved from his side to the coffee table in front of Alex sitting on it  and taking his hands in hers.

She smiled lightly and forced Alex to look up at her. ”You can’t keep blaming yourself for what happened. And you can’t keep thinking you’re failing us now. You haven’t failed me...ever” She pushed forward with extra emphasis on “ever”, Alex went to talk, but Sonja shook her head.

”You have a song, you have a daughter and you have me. You have trainees and friends who have your back. You have been able to get a relationship going with your ex who...well...my mother said if you can’t say something nice about someone...to..you know…” Alex couldn’t help but laugh and smile, Sonja’s hand drifted up to his cheek, her thumb rubbing just below his eyes. Alex looked tired, but defiantly unbeaten. He trained, he pushed through, he stood with his friends and what they stood for.

But all this, looking to the past and the thoughts had haunted him for years. And as they got closer to the anniversary of Dylan's death it seemed to haunt him more. It got under his skin and crawled like bugs. He always felt it. Always had it with him. He took a deep breath and pulled himself to his feet looking down at Sonja who smiled. Alex laughed to himself and leaned down kissing his wife on the forehead. ”Pack your bags….we have a cruise to catch..”

Promo: You had my curiosity, now you have my attention…
On Camera
New York, New York
Before leaving for the cruise.

”Well well, isn’t this a surprise?”

Alex Jones laughs to himself, he folds a few shirts and lays them down in a bag before moving across the room, his phone set up to record the promo while sitting on the bedside table showing us his bedroom.

”You know, I’ve kind of realised that I’m an anomaly in SCW. I’m clearly good enough to be in the conversation for title shots and matches. I’m clearly good enough to beat the “best” SCW has to offer yet as far as appearing on Climax Control and pay per view events I’m usually in the background. And I don’t think many have realised that this is by design. See if Austin wasn’t the champion, if Austin hadn’t have reached up and grabbed that brass ring, then it would have been me. See I lost the Honor title to Mickey because I lost something...call it my swagger, my mojo, my heart…”

“Whatever label you wish to put on it. But I lost something. And Mickey was able to beat me...and hey, fair play to him, he was good enough to overcome me...not the best version of me...but still me...and have you met me?...”

“I’m glorious…”

“But either way, Mickey walked away and out of Honor with that world title and when SCW and Honor merged, or rather when SCW absorbed Honor, Mickey and Austin had a date that needed settling. And Austin walked out the winner. Now if we ignore all the stupidity with Jake Raab and just focus on Austin conquering the unconquerable Fenris, well...if I hadn’t of lost to Mickey...it could have been Alex Jones vs Fenris back then.”

“But, all good things come to those who wait right?”

Alex leans forward pulling the zipper around on his black suitcase before taking a deep breath and folding his arms over his chest with an arrogant grin plastered on his very punchable face.

”I’m more than happy to face the best of the best. I am more than happy to face former champions or number one contenders. Like Vinnie. My last match I went toe to toe with Vinnie who will be facing Austin for the SCW world championship at Summer XXXtreme. And I beat him, you know why I was able to beat him?. Was it some random act of god?. Was it a fluke? Nah. It’s cause Alex Jones is the real deal. And since I came to SCW I have been able to look at the roster and pick out who was going to be a real challenger and who was going to fade away and become nothing…”

“I told the world Travis Levitt was going to be nothing, he won the roulette title on a fluke, then got destroyed by Griffin Hawkins…”

“I told the world Jake Raab was nothing like his family, and he was going to burn out...and lose...guess what happened…”

“Shit I even called Vinnie out for always being the bridesmaid and never the bride since he can’t ever win a title in SCW...only ever get shots…”

“But one guy who I knew was the real deal when I cast my all seeing eye on this place, was Fenris. See, at the time he was the champion, he was the guy to beat and I watched him beat guys like Vinnie and Ty, I watched him win a vacant title that many people believed had become nothing and make it worth everything. A championship, as with life is give and take. A championship does not make the man anymore than a man makes the championship. But when a company needed a dominant champion, Fenris was there…”

Alex nods slowly and moves his case out of the way.

”I know Fenris has been picking this up learning as he went along. See I know this because, when I signed to SCW, when I put pen to paper and fans, management and the rest of the roster celebrated. Fenris looked confused. See he had no idea who I was and in the beginning that made me angry, that got under my skin and really bothered me but the more I thought about it, the more I realised it wasn’t his fault the more excited I got.”

“I knew he and I would face one another eventually. I knew I would get in the ring with this extremely talented kid who had a natural aptitude for the business and god given talent. Who was not going to be held back by intimidation. See for the last 5 years or so I have had issues facing younger talent where they would talk themselves out of contention. They would get in the ring and look at me with this dough eyed wonder. But I don’t get that with Fenris. I know one on one he is going to give me everything he has and he will be looking to take me out however he can. And in return...he’ll get something real. He’ll get someone who won’t run. He’ll get another competitive match like he had with Austin..something he has been lacking while he goes against Caleb Storms…”

“And that is what he wants..”

“What he craves…”

“If there is one thing a wolf knows it’s the mind of someone like him and Fenris is like me, like Austin, like Alicia. He loves competition and with me, at Summer XXXtreme...that’s what he’ll get…”

Offline Fenris

• The White Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Fenris
Fenris Vs Alex Jones
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »

Family Matters Part II

When last we met, I promised that certain answers would be given over what had happened between Kristjan Baltasarsson and his visiting family from Iceland.

Promises made, promises kept.

This would be perhaps as good a time as any, the perfect time as it were, to tie up these loose ends in this story, as in a matter of days Kristjan and his brother Aron would embark on the Sun Princess cruise liner for a week-long working vacation that would culminate in Summer XXXTreme VII, and a match that the "White Wolf" had long sought against the premiere athlete, Alex Jones.  Those who had paid close attention over the last several promos are aware of what had been happening, dating as far back as June, but answers were slow to come as the unfolding of the story was just as important as the tale itself. Along with the possible ramifications, and the value of those who stand by your side when times were at their toughest.

But here, and now? On the off chance you need a slight refresher course...

Family Matters Part II

Las Vegas -
Two months ago

"C'mon Despy, let's go." Gabriel said quietly as he laid his hand on the shoulder of his pseudo 'little brother' and steered him around to exit the scene alongside his wife Odette, and give Kristjan and his family some semblance of privacy. It was a testament to the seriousness of the situation that the curious and childlike Despayre did or said nothing to encourage they stay or about the situation itself.

Kristjan watched from the corner of his eye as the Stevens led Despayre into another room of the gym and closed the door behind them, before he turned back to face his family. Aron stood as always at his older brother's side, as this was as much a mystery to him as it was to Kristjan.  But his father and sisters? They remained opposite of the two, Erin seated on a bench and looking as if she were a child about to be scolded for some misperceived wrong doing and her face spoke volumes that she would fight if that were indeed the case. Viktoria, the one whose discovered 'injuries' initiated this situation, remained standing in a rigid position, her arms folded over herself, her face downcast and her eyes roaming everywhere but at her brothers. Such was her wish that this had never come to light. Benedikt, all four of their father, stood at his oldest daughter's side, a father's protective nature at large.

"What happened?" Kristjan finally found his voice once again, speaking in their native tongue, but his words were not directed at his sister who he felt had suffered enough for whatever had happened. No, this time his ice blue eyes bore into his father's visage and sought answers.

Benedikt finally relented, and with a sigh took a step forward and thus away from Viktoria's side, as he answered, "You know Einar Halldórsson?"

It took a moment's pause on both brothers' part, but more so for Kristjan as the memory was his specific. He drew his arms up and folded them over his chest as he answered, "Of course. I went to school with him. He was in my judo class too."

Benedikt picked up the story and said in as calm a manner as possible, even though the memories drawn up were a parent's nightmare. "Well he and your sister had been seeing one another. Your mother and I thought he was a good boy ... at first."

Elin added tersely, "He would have made a god damn great actor."

"Elin..." Her dad spoke her name and when she glanced up, he shook his head and the effect was immediate. Benedikt then turned back to his sons and continued, "We, your mother and I, did not realize at first. You know how your sister is..." Kristjan and Aron found their eyes roaming to Viktoria who looked hurriedly away but they could spot the tell-tale glisten of a tear streak down her face as she did so. Their dad went on, explaining as best he could even though he was abhorred to admit what had happened, as he saw it as a weakness in himself as a father being unable to protect and defend his 'little girl.'

"At first it was just words and she had told Elin who told your mother and myself. Upsetting enough but Viktoria asked us to let her handle it. We thought she could, being ..." He struggled to find the right words, words Kristjan would have finished for him in the terms of "a raging bitch" but he did not. It looked like she had been through a hard enough time as it were.

Viktoria finally took up the mantle of the story herself as she wiped at her eyes with the back of her free hand before he said, "I fought with you all the time." And by 'you,' she was of course referring to her volatile brother. She drew in a shaky breath and went on, "I didn't know he had a temper like that. We fought so much I just thought it was the same ting we did. He called me names and insulted me like it was his right, but when I fought back and called him names, he went nuts...." It took her a few long, uncomfortable moments to calm and collect herself, moments that her brothers, for once, were not impatient to see come to an end. They knew Viktoria needed this time and if they were to be perfectly honest, they weren't entirely certain they wanted to know what they had a feeling was to come.

She finally found her voice and said, "He pushed me and I fell down. When I got up and pushed him back, he hit me... slapped me.... then he got so up-set. At himself. He was so sorry, he kept apologizing that I stayed with him..."

"Fuck's sake, Viktoria..." Kristjan growled, unable to fathom what he was hearing. Why anyone would remain with someone who abused them on any level; be it physical or mental. He glanced up at his father who held up a finger and shook his head in a warning glance and Kristjan respectfully remained silent.

"It kept happening though." She went on, her voice shaking in humiliation. So many times they had heard stories about abused women, and she swore she would never be caught in such a trap. Yet here she was... "He kept hitting me, and I'd leave him. He'd apologize and beg me to take him back and I... I always did and he'd just start..." She finally looked up and Kristjan and Aron saw the red rimmed eyes of her sister as she swallowed hard, "Then he wanted me to do something one night, and I-I didn't want to. he got angry... he got so angry... "

Aron blanched, understanding the unspoken and he asked, "Did he...?"

But Viktoria shook her head in the negative. "I fought him off enough I guess.  He just beat me down and was going to ... but he made too much noise and his neighbors must have called the police."

Elin stood up and gave up her seat for her sister, insisting silently that she sit and for once, Viktoria did not utter a protest. Elin then turned to the brothers and she said, "Einar got arrested, and she was taken to the hospital. He's still trying to fight it." She scoffed in disbelief. "He's trying to convince everyone that Viktoria attacked him and he was just defending himself. Defending himself! By beating a woman half his size!"

Aron frowned, "He's not out now, is he?"

Unfortunately, Benedikt nodded in the affirmative, "His family made bail for him, and are sheltering him. They believe him about what he's been saying about your sister. They did not like her from the start."

"Called her a bad influence and a hussy." Elin added, her hand massaging Viktoria's shoulder but the area with the bruise must have been tender as she subtly shrugged her sister's comforting hand from her touch.

"I've even been getting messages from his family about forgiving him and asking me to drop the charges." Viktoria sniffed back a fresh wave of tears. "When I wouldn't, I started getting these anonymous messages sent to me, threatening me to drop them."

"And that's why we're here." Benedikt said. "To keep her away from him or his family. Your mother and Freyja are visiting relatives in Mosfellsbær."

Aron exchanged a glance with Kristjan and asked, "When did all this start?"

Benedikt answered, "About six months ago."

"Six... six months!?" Kristjan almost choked on his own words. "What the FUCK!?"

"Watch your tone with me!" His father warned, and his words were like a hot knife through butter as Kristjan paused, taking a moment to collect himself and reign in that infamous temper of his. But it was a task far easier said than done as he shook his head, the efforts to control himself causing his body to shudder involuntarily.

"Why are we just haring about this now!?" Aron asked incredulously. "Some bastard has been abusing our sister for going on six months and we just now hear about it?" he held out his arms helplessly. "Why?"

But the choked sob cut off any protests the two upset brothers were having inside of their minds as Viktoria covered her face with her hand and shook her head, "I just didn't want anyone else to find out..."

Aron took a step closer to his sister and his soft side was on full display despite their antagonistic past. he lowered himself to a knee in front of her and shook his head, "But why?"

'Because I introduced them.' Kristjan silently pondered to himself, and it was the truth. At a football game back in Reykjavík, years ago. On a visit back home, the family had all joined together to attend a game and e8inar just happened to be in attendance. He and Kristjan had chatted casually, catching up as it were, and he had introduced the man to his family, Viktoria included. He just hadn't been aware that anything further had come of that moment.

"Fuck!" Kristjan muttered angrily to himself and he turned and walked toward the door to the gymnasium, Aron called after him "Where are you going?"

"Just outside." Kristjan answered, leaving his bag and equipment behind him. "I need some air."

Aron watched him, feeling as if he should go with him but Kristjan was his own man and did not need his little brother under foot any more so than he already was. The door closed behind him, and several minutes passed by with Viktoria's immediate family consoling her as best they could under the given circumstances. That was when the back door of the gymnasium opened and Gabriel emerged first, asking "Everything okay?"

Aron looked up at him, then to Viktoria who drew in a deep breath to steady herself and put on as brave a front as she could muster, so as not to have the story repeat itself to a new audience. "It's okay." Aron finally said, although he knew better. He just knew his sister.

Only then did Gabriel and Odette fully emerge with a cautious and timid Despayre behind them, the little guy constantly stealing a glance behind him and into the office. The Stevens did not know the details of what happened, but they knew well enough from the evidence alone. They arrived at the family gathered and Gabriel smiled, despite himself, and spoke in Icelandic for their benefit, "That offer I made? It's still on. How about that dinner?"

Benedikt looked to his oldest daughter and she gathered herself and gave her best, if not her most convincing, smile. The father looked to Gabriel and nodded, "Thank you. I think that would be most welcome."

"Good." Gabriel took Odette's hand in his own and said, "We'll close up here and..." But it was then that he noticed the missing party. He frowned and slipped into English, asking, "Where's Kristjan?"

Aron answered, "Outside." at the very same moment Despayre said, "Oh he left."

It was the second answer that caught the attention of Gabriel, Odette as well as Aron. The words were not understood to Benedikt, nor his daughters as they spoke no English, but the sudden atmosphere and mood change was evident.

Odette asked, "What do you mean he left?"

Despayre jetted a thumb back over his shoulder and toward the room they had just emerged from, saying, "I saw him through the window. He just drove away."

"Despy!" Gabriel called out, "Why didn't you say something??" And he ran for the door with everyone else right on his heels. Gabriel was the first to reach the parking lot, followed by his wife and Aron, Despayre, and Benedikt and his daughters...

And Kristjan's car was indeed gone. Aron closed his eyes... "Shit." he exclaimed, turning to Gabriel with worry and his words bore a serious threat. "He's going to kill him."

The lights were down low, and Kristjan -- Fenris -- sat perched on the steps outside of the six-sided ring. His knees were drawn up, almost touching his chest, and his elbows rested on his thighs while his fingertips steepled against his lips.

"I am not a man that is into games. And that being said, I can not claim to be any sort of student to this particular game without making myself out to be a liar and look quite the fool. I proved that a long time ago, when I didn't look at one of the best and see him for who and what he was. Not then, anyway, but I can now say with all honesty that my eyes have been opened."

"I like to think that I am the type of man that generally gets what he wants. I always have. I fight for it. I demand it. But I get it -- most of the time. And why? I'd like to think that not only have I earned it, but unlike some in this sport, I don't overload those in power with demands. I don't ask for much. The fact that I never pursued a rematch against Austin James Mercer should be evidence enough, and the fact I don't have a new name every week I want in the ring. I've asked for little in terms of opposition. I usually just face whatever unlucky bastard they put me up against. I've made very few requests for specific opponents, and even Caleb Storms answered. He did not like it. He would have preferred to avoid being in a ring with me altogether, but he had balls! Which is more than I can say for some who have avoided my repeated requests for a match!"

"I've even went so far as to lay out an open challenge, asking who would be next when I felt like I was doing nothing but run around in circles! And only one man..."

He held up his forefinger.

"... Just one, had the balls to answer and sign his name on the dotted line. Someone that I've faced before in the tag team division, but never one on one, and why?"

He shrugged.

"Fuck if I know! Alex Jones could have -- should have -- been one of the first ones I ever faced when I had that world championship around my waist, but great as he is, and as much as he's proven himself, the man has yet to be given any opportunity at a championship. Now maybe I am flattering myself here, and fuck knows I'm not the type to brag..."

He rolled his eyes, palm against his chest before he went on.

"But that makes me feel as much as he is the next step for me, I'm the next one for him. This match was bound to happen eventually, over a year in the making, and it could not have come at a better time than one of the biggest events of the year! Alex Jones, one of the most successful wrestlers not just in Wolfslair or SCW, but overall, against Fenris, the man who stayed undefeated for almost a year, and in over a year, has been pinned once... just once! And yeah."

He nodded.

"I remember well enough who it was that beat me, because when he ended my unbeaten streak, he also ended my world title reign. Quite a thing to say the first match you ever lost was also the match you lost the biggest prize in SCW, isn't it? And as it was a member of Wolfslair that got the first and only win against me, I'm not going to just let another member of that same group get the second. It just isn't going to happen."

Fenris looked straight into the camera, motioning between it and himself.

"You and I? We did not get off on the best foot, did we? I can still remember even before it was official that you had signed with SCW, you got offended by something between Austin and myself, and I can hardy blame you for that. A wolf protects its pack, and even if the business was between myself and Mercer, you stepped in. Respect."

"I've had twenty eight matches in my career so far, lost one, went to a draw in another. And only a handful of those matches, of the men I faced, ever really stood out to me. Matches that actually had me excited because I knew damn ell I would be in for a fight! Men like Kris Ryans and Casey Williams. The match I had against Ty West when I became the champion! The match against Jake Raab, a man who you hold little respect for which I can't agree on, who beat me bloody before I beat him period! And yeah."

His eyes were lit up as he nodded, biting his  lower lip.

"The match where I finally lost to Mercer. Most former champions cry foul or claim their title was stolen, but I won't insult Austin's accomplishment like that. He was the better man that night. He beat me. But then we have to go and remember what happened after that. This match we're about to have, it's not the first time we've faced each other, is it? It seemed back then the only time I could get an opponent that I really wanted was in a tag team match when I fucking hate tag team matches, but even I can't deny that one was fucking tight! You and Mercer lit Ty and me up, but let's not forget just who pinned who that night."

He smiled, showing the whites of his teeth.

"No brag. Okay, maybe some, but just fact. And that win is the real reason why I am looking more forward to this match than just about any other I ever had. Alex, you are as much a cocky bastard as I am, and I mean that in the most respectful way I can muster! And I know -- I hope -- that the end to that match is going to make you fight even harder than before. You have went through some of the same men that I have, and that just makes this between us all the more important."

"A win in a tag team match is one thing, but it's a win that you have to share. This match, between just us? One on one. Man to man. It's just us."

"This is what it's all about!"
>
"Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near."
~ Volsunga Saga, c.19

World Heavyweight Champion - 1x - current
9-0-1
</color>
;

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Fenris Vs Alex Jones
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:44:54 AM »
”Oh for fucks sake would you listen to yourself?. When we’re out there the crowd cheers and chants and goes completely insane. When those arrogant old fucks whose careers are behind them get to preen and bounce around as if the world still owes them stand out there what do you hear Mike?” Alex stops and smirks as he looks around, the silence through the halls giving voice and reason to his concerns. Spike sighs and swallows hard giving a small nod as if understanding.

Alex laughs to himself, backing up and turning to grab a shirt throwing it on. Mike looks down and laughs to himself.

Alex stepped up and around putting his hand on Spike’s shoulder. ”We do what we have to, and hope that when our time comes, we know how to stand tall…”

”Alex?”

He snapped out of it, the thoughts of the past well removed. The sun beats down on the deck of the sun princess. Alex sitting on a large white deck chair as Sonja moves around him, taking a seat next to his. The kids all play and splash in the pool, Alex slowly smiles and looks back over at his wife with a loving grin. ”You seem relaxed, no one would know you have a huge match on the weekend.”

”Well, when you’ve been at this for as long as I have you learn to cope. And I have been doing this a very very long time. His voice fades away for a moment as he reaches down grabbing his knee rubbing the side of it as he feels a hard and sharp pain shot up his leg, Sonja looks down at his hand and then back up to him with a small smile.

”Still thinking about it?. Retirement?. You know, most men in your profession would still have 20 years left.” He groans and laughs a little sitting up and forward bringing a leg to rest on either side. ”Yeah, but not at this level Sonja. When I was younger I hated guys in their fifties who limped out to the ring, who took position from me. I don’t want to be one of them” She reaches up to cup his cheek with a grin. ”You’re not, Alex you’re 33 years old, you know how good you are and you know you haven’t slowed down. Look around…” She pauses and forces him to move. His eyes trailing over the deck.

The sun, the smiles, the life. The salt air filling his lungs as he nods slowly, his body relaxing, the pain in his knee disappearing.”You have a lot left in you, if you didn’t know that...would you be here?” ”No...I guess I wouldn’t…”

Promo: A dogfight
On Camera
Sun Princess Cruise Ship
Present Day.

”I am an arrogant human being.”

A small chuckle escaped his lips, his long hair flowing down over his shoulders and back.

”I freely admit it and I see it. My friends and family have often pointed it out. From Austin and Alicia, to my old friends Michael and Chris. To my sister and my own wife. It’s nothing I haven’t heard before, nothing I haven’t seen before. But I have to admit that some people mistake my intent. When you have done what I have seen, what I have and held what I have you get to know a few things about this business and how to judge what we do. When I sit and look at someone and tell them I don’t think they’re shit in this business it’s honestly to help them…”

“I know that sounds contradictory and strange. But it’s true.”

“It weeds out the people who shouldn’t be in that ring. It weeds out those who don’t have the heart. And the soul…”

“They either take my words to heart and quit, or do everything they can to prove me wrong.”

“But sometimes you get to face someone where the things you say don’t have to be so harsh or negative because they have already proved their worth and that is when my thoughts, feelings and words should be respected even more. There is not much difference between myself and Austin. He chooses to deliver his words with more thought and care than me because he doesn’t really know the difference between need and want.”

“He told Ty West the truth and that was as far as he went, Ty got angry but then realised Austin was right.”

Alex scoffed and shook his head.

”But against the man I have to face, harsh words or truths aren’t needed. I don’t need to or want to play mind games with Fenris. I said it before and I will say it again, he is an incredible athlete. A former champion, a man who could be a champion again. Despite his seeming reluctance to face Austin again. But there lies the true measure of you, eh Fenris?. Hell you’re right, you don’t ask for much and because of that when you do people listen. You wanted to strike against Caleb because of things he said and god bless him he had the balls to agree and get in a cage with you.”

“Negating any advantage he might have by being able to fly around the ring. Negating any chance, even a minute one, of beating you.”

“But I’m not Caleb, as I said before.”

“Thing is Fenris, I watched your promo, I’ve heard everything you have had to say about many people and I believe us to be of similar mind. We both know everything should be earned, even simple requests. I haven’t asked for anything, never demanded. I came to SCW with a simple goal, to prove myself and the people I stand with as being the best of the best and that doesn’t always come with championship gold.”

He turns leaning against the wall, his arms folding over his chest.

”Sometimes they come from facing the best of the best. And your scalp Fenris. Your scalp is now as meaningful as a championship belt. Hell you said it yourself right?. Twenty eight matches, one outright loss. An impressive record. And who knows if you’re able to keep it going but you have to realise, this isn’t MMA. With how often we have matches and how often you have to get in that ring losses will come and snowball. You have had an impressive start Fenris...and had an impressive recovery.”

“The loss to Austin has not defined you.”

“Just like no one loss should, or one win. You and I will go out to that ring and meet in the center. No title on the line, no childish reason for name calling or hatred. It will be this sport in its purest form. Just two men looking to prove who is better. And it’s that kind of thing that gets me excited. That gets my blood boiling and makes me remember why I wanted to do this. And for that Fenris. I thank you. I’m looking forward to our match at Summer XXXtreme and I know it won’t be our last…”

“But….”

Alex looks up and smirks.

”You never forget your first eh?”
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:45:15 AM by Alex Jones »

Offline Fenris

• The White Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Fenris
Fenris Vs Alex Jones
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »

If one could picture perfection on a day such as today, this would be it. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky, and the sky seemed as blue as the vast ocean that the ship was breaking waves against on this lofty adventure for all ages. It was just after noon, so the temperature was warm but not sweltering. Just enough to relax and enjoy. Well, it would be if you weren't the "White Wolf" of Sin City Wrestling. Fenris was dressed casual, wearing an open white muscle shirt that exposed a lot of lightly tanned flesh and matching latex shorts and sandals.

"I still can't believe this shit." Fenris half muttered, half spat in distaste. "Whose bright idea was this, anyway?"

"Oh what are you complaining about?" The accent of one Daniel Morgan of London Underground, and a graduate of the same training regime as he, asked but was unable to completely hide the sly smirk on the corner of his lip. The leader of London Underground was dressed casually as well, which drew many an eye his way for his toned body and the fact one rarely seemed to see him in anything other than a business suit. Yet here Mister Morgan was, dressed in a 3D tropical print shirt and neon blue shorts, and like his companion, he wore open-toed sandals for simple comfort.

Daniel continued, "You knew as we all did that this was a working vacation, so we're all expected to do a little extra besides just our match on Sunday."

"I know!" Fenris bit, still trying to get the idea past his head what he had been scheduled by the higher brass of SCW to take part in. "But I thought it would be something like autographs or ..." But as he tried to think, he realized he was at a loss for words or ideas. God, this was SCW! Anything might be expected with Mark Ward and Christian Underwood -- and he had no idea which was behind this particular assignment.

Daniel mused, "That's to be expected. We all have to do the fan meets during this cruise. But this year they want some of us to pull extra duty according to who we are and what we can do. This was right up your alley."

"Bullshit..." Fenris snarled and this time Daniel broke out into a genuine grin but he reached up and patted a sympathetic hand on the young man's shoulder.

He said, "Hey, aside from our matches and the little meetings with the people, they aren't asking us for much. We get most of the time to relax and have fun as we see fit. So doing these little chores on top of everything else really isn't asking much out of us. They gave me and my lot working the casino onboard as hosts. Jack Asher is bartending..."

"Why the hell couldn't I have that job?" Fenris asked and almost as soon as the words were out of his mouth, Daniel scoffed.

"Mate," He said. "Nobody in their right mind is going to trust you behind a bar! Trust me, I learned that lesson with you once. You drink two for every one you serve!"

"Quality control." Fenris smiled for the first time in what seemed forever as Daniel nudged him onward with a half hearted, "Bullshit."

"What the hell do I know about teaching a class like this?" Fenris asked, and this time Daniel frowned as if he had heard the most ludicrous thing on the planet. He asked, "Are you kidding? You're the top fella here where martial arts are concerned! if anyone can teach self defense..."

"But that is my point, isn't it?" Fenris interrupted. "I don't teach. I learn. I never taught a class in my life! Look what happened when I tried to help Gabriel with one of his students."

"Yes, well... Gabriel assures me the smart mouth shit had it coming." But Daniel's words of assurance may as well have fallen on deaf ears as Fenris shook his head before he turned to the man and whispered, "This may come as a surprise, but I am not a people person."

"You know, I don't use this word very often, if at all." Daniel mused. "It annoys me. It is immature, but for this...?" He turned his head to Fenris and simply said, "Duh." But the two men finally arrived at the interior of the ship and the open studio where this would be held. The disgruntled former champion paused just outside and drew in a deep breath. He then finally stepped inside the spacious studio with Daniel right behind, and both men came to a complete stop at what they saw before them.

Grannies. Rows of grannies. Women well over the age of sixty, and each dressed in casual workout clothes such as sweat suits or t shirts and shorts; although there was one flamboyantly dressed in neon pink spandex with glittering shorts and top, resembling the mother of a Solid Gold dancer than a grandmother. The two men turned their heads as one to see the sign that read, "Self Defense For Seniors - Hosted By Former World Heavyweight Champion, Fenris"

Daniel, in a moment of reassurance, said, "At least it's not another Mister Tight Buns contest..." Fenris took another look at the elderly women who noticed his arrival and stopped their gossiping and he said to Daniel, "I think I would have rather it was."

Fenris reluctantly took his place at the head of the class, staring out at all the wisdom filled eyes that stared back. This was not what he had expected. How was he supposed to teach self defense to a bunch of old ladies who he couldn't physically "man handle" like he might someone his own age? He had asked them to line up in front of him, so he might see them all at once, and was surprised when he did so to see not just how many had shown up, but that they were looking to him -- HIM -- for instruction in how to better defend themselves.

That he could not hold against them. Everyone should know how to better protect themselves, they should have the right. And elderly women such as these were perhaps easy targets. The thought of his own 'ammas' was enough for him to want to at least try. But he knew Daniel was still there, and the man was being a right bastard for enjoying this as much as he was.

Fenris rubbed a hand along his jaw and muttered in Icelandic, "Fuck..."

"Watch your language young man!" Came a call from somewhere in the group.

Fenris looked out toward them, searching for the one who reprimanded him and he asked, "How did you know what I said!?"

"We're old, we're not dumb! We know  curse word when we hear it!"

Daniel watched from the door frame, and had been soon joined by the rest of London Underground while watching Fenris do his thing. Daniel could not help but admit that the man was starting to take this seriously, watching as the Icelandic star paced before the row of grandmothers, lecturing them on the importance of learning to defend themselves.

Fenris said, "The fact is that situations will happen when there is nobody around to help you if you need it. You have got to learn to defend yourself in some way, anyway. if you have to, carry a small weapon. Mace. A knife..."

Some of the old women started to look uncomfortable and some even protested verbally about not believing in violence and Fenris rolled his eyes, something the London Underground members could spot from across the studio.

"Oh don't give me that bullshit!" Fenris barked, all but ignoring the gasps from the elderly on his colorful choice of words. "You can not say you don't believe in violence unless you also say you don't believe in staying alive! You..."

He pointed toward one elderly woman in particular and beckoned her forward with his finger. She shuffled forward and he stood directly in front of her, bending at the waist to look her at eye level.

"A man is in front of you like this and threatening you." He said in a low, husky tone. "What do you do?" And he immediately gets a beaded purse smacked upside his head in answer. The blow was surprisingly sharp and sent him stumbling a step, his long hair flying in all directions. The bark of laughter from the growing number of his wrestling peers watching drew a snarl from him. It was then he noticed that also joining the watchers was his own boyfriend, Ty West.

Fenris addressed the horde of grannies, saying, "Okay, I am going to show you a simple nerve hold. A grip you can use even if you have trouble with..." He frowned, not knowing really the word for arthritis but his meaning was not lost on these ladies and many smiled, charmed by his attempt to show them even the slightest thing that would give them an advantage.

"Now I need a volunteer..." He said and almost immediately an elderly woman in perhaps her late eighties made her way forward, a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes. She looked the handsome Icelander up and down and licked her lips.

"Well, hello." She smiled, and Fenris felt the immediate need to bathe what with the way the old woman was looking at him like he was something good to eat.

"Hi." He said simply before he turned again to face the crowd of grandmas, but this one slid up beside him until there was barely no room between them at all, her eyes focused on him and him alone. Watching from afar, it was difficult for even Mackenzie Page to smother the smile at the man's expense.

Fenris moved behind the old woman volunteer, saying, "Most attackers make their move from behind, no matter your age because it gives them the advantage...." And he did so, positioning himself behind the old woman and he proceeded to reach around her from behind, grasping one arm around her midsection and the other in a light but snug grip at her neck -- and she closed her eyes and her head rested against his muscled torso. He blinked, perplexed and looked down and letting her go.

"On second thought, we'll try something el-- you can let go now."

"Must I?" She sighed, but finally she stood upright and cuddled up next to him, one hand on his chest and the other behind him and a handful of his...

Fenris's eyes opened wide and he growled, "Let go of my ass old woman!"

"Oh poo..." She did as instructed and slid her hand down his stomach and to...

"Let go of that too!"

Suddenly Daniel Morgan's voice called out from across the room, "Fenris has a girlfriend! Fenris has a girlfriend!"

Fenris's head whipped around and he bellowed, "FUCK OFF!!!"

More gasps from some of the grannies as his amorous admirer finally backed off but only after whispering to him her cabin number and took her place again with the others. Fenris noticed one onlooker watching with more amusement than the others, and he decided that it was time to end this farce. He turned and barked, "JASON ADAMS!"

Heads turned and the broadcast journalist for Climax Control Jason Adams whipped upright, his eyes wide like a child caught red handed at something naughty. Fenris pointed to a spot right in front of him, right before the row of grandmas and Jason shook his head, right until his broadcast partner Belinda Simone shoved him forward. Jason slowly but finally arrived at the designated area. He looked like a rabbit ready to bolt, but Fenris placed a hand on his shoulder and turned him to face all those women with a smile on his face.

Fenris said, "Ladies, this is Jason Adams. Former tag team champion and as I'm sure you know, he's a color commentator for our weekly show and pay-per-views." The ladies applaud politely, and Jason smiles, thinking he got off Scott-free, right up until Fenris added, "He's also the one who got tonight's bingo game canceled."

"What!?"

"Canceled!?"

"That was HIM!?"

Fenris stepped back quickly as Jason quickly found himself surrounded by a horde of angry old women denied their precious bingo! He looked left and right for an escape but found nothing. he held up his hands in innocence under the a=barrage of accusations and crying foul from the old women when one swung her mighty beaded purse and clobbered him upside the head!

"You have your nerve!"

"Have you no respect for your elders!?"

"Shame on you!"

"HELP!" Jason yelped as he quickly found himself on the wrong end of an elderly assault! He pushed through the bodies and toward the exit! He pushed past London Underground and the rest watching, and the old women quickly pursued him! Fenris shot to the door with a wide smile, watching and he pointed and called out, "Do that grip I showed everyone earlier!"

Followed by a high pitched yell and Fenris cringed and shouted, "NOT THERE!"

"That was evil." Daniel observed, stepping up to his side and Fenris smiled and laughed genuinely.

"I know!" He laughed.

"I find myself in a bit of a situation here."

Fenris stood out on the  deck of the Sun Princess, beneath the stars of the night sky, as he gazed out before him. Not at the people on all sides and levels of this luxury cruise liner, but at the seemingly endless void of ocean and stars.

"You see, this may come as a bit of a surprise to many of you, but I'm the sort of man that knows what I'm about. You might even say I have an abundance of confidence in myself. The people around me? Those that know me best question mark in might even go so far as to say I'm arrogant, cocky. And why not? I know I'm one of the best. I go out there every damn time I have a match and I prove it! And as much as I like to say I have only myself to thank, it's not true."

He casually shook his head as the breeze of the night air blew his long, blond hair back over his shoulders and into his face. He all but ignored his vision being obscured as he went on, shrugging.

"But what do you do when you go in there against another man who can lay just as many claims to being the best as you can? What do you do when you find yourself in a position where you don't know what to say about the man standing across the ring from you so, other than the fact that you respect the hell out of him? Very little it would seem. You see this is a business where at times words mean as much as actions, which puts me at a gross disadvantage. And as much as I always loved running my mouth about my opposition, whether I respected them or not, somehow this time? It doesn't seem as fitting. Sometimes you are in a fight with someone that you do not dislike, that you can't find anything that you really want to talk shit about."

He nodded.

"That is right where I am in this match against Alex Jones. I don't go out of my way to ask for a particular match against a particular person. When I do, it's for one of two reasons; either I respect the man and want to test myself against the very best, or the guy did something to piss me off and I just want to beat the fuck out of him. Alex Jones fits the former. I was never much of a talker oh, I admit that. I was always more of the type where I would just go into the ring, or the cage, and let my actions speak for themselves. That was all I ever had to do, until recently."

"You know what the funniest thing about this is? Under most circumstances, I have to meet a man in the ring, see what he's about, see if he can handle himself and back up whatever bullshit he spews in my direction before I'd even dignify the idea of respecting him. Not you, Alex. You see, we had our words when I first showed up, but even after that issue was settled, there was something about you I liked, something I respected. Your talent? Your way with words and how you carried yourself -- like me? A cocky ass?
"

Fenris shrugged.

"Don't know, don't care. I'm just sorry it took this long for us to get the match that we both wanted, and a match I have no problem saying is going to steal the whole goddamn show at Summer XXXTreme VII! All respect aside to Austin and Vinnie, and Alicia and Roxi, this...!"

He motioned between the camera and himself, indicating Alex Jones.

"We are the match everyone wants to see Alex. We are the ones who are going to light that ring on fire! I have went in there with men who each brought something to the table. Casey Williams was the giant who brought power and brawling. Caleb Storms brought high flying and, I have to admit, balls of steel! Each man, every man, brings something distinct and unique. What is it that you bring then, do you think Alex? I can tell you the answer."

"You bring it all. Gabriel and Aron have had me in front of the screen, watching everything there is about you that they could get there hands on, and the answer is right there for all to see. You bring experience. A championship track record. Technical know how. Strength, and if we're going to be honest? A certain willingness to disregard the rules if the need arises.
"

Fenris cocked his head to the side and smiled that cocky smile of his that had so many want to wring his neck and slap it right off of his face.

"Checkmate, Alex. The simple fact is that in all your matches in Honor and here in SCW, you have yet to face a man like myself. I may not have your experience, but I am a former champion. I have one of the single best records in SCW and there's a reason for it. Because I am just that damn good! I know it. I have no shame in admitting it and see no reason why I should lie about it. And in the case of egos and all other matters... I'm just as arrogant as you are man, and proud to be so!"

"And as far as this shit I've seen on Twitter? You're not knowing where to go from here? I haven't even won -- yet -- so let's not drag the party down just yet, hm? Our match is going to be one people talk about. Not just because of me, but the magic takes two in encounters like this. You were right once when you said I love competition, because I do. I thrive on it! When I was the champion, I said it often enough that a champion doesn't look good without a good challenge coming after him. Well it's the same even when you don't hold a championship title to your name! You or me... neither of us would look half as good as we do if we weren't pushed to the limits. And what you and I are about to do in front of all these people on the open Ocean?"

"Well, let's just say after all is said and done, both of us are going to be looking pretty damn good!
"

Of course, no relationship is perfect, no matter how loving it is. And the relationship between Fenris and Ty West? It is far from perfect but both men will readily admit it is what they need in their mutual lives and it makes them happy. They have admitted what the other means to them, but like all walks in life, there are snags that trip us up. As seen in Ty West's most recent promo.

Ty West RP

Have a look already? If so, good on you!  If not, what the hell are you waiting on!? This all will make more sense once you are up to date. I promise!

The cabin door opened, and as soon as Ty set foot inside the mini suite he had been sharing with his love, he felt the tension fill the entirety. Kristjan shot him a look as he slammed his open luggage case on their single bed and he started throwing things in it.

"What are you doing?" Ty asked, the dread filling the pit of his stomach.

"What does it look like!?" Kristjan shot back in Icelandic, standing upright and looking Ty dead in the eye. "I'm going to stay in A's room!"

"Jan, come on..." Ty started to try to reason with the most unreasonable young man he had ever known, but Jan held a hand up, cutting him off mid-sentence, "Don't! Just ... don't!" Kristjan's eyes were ablaze. Normally Ty found those baby blues of his boyfriend once of his best features but now? The way he was glaring at him? They seemed almost downright ugly.

Kristjan forgot about his luggage and walked around the edge of their bed and stood right in front of his lover, and despite the size difference between them, there was little to no doubt which one was the dominant and which the submissive.

Kristjan said in a pained, angry voice, "That was bullshit, Ty! That was fucking bullshit! I didn't know shit about Evan' adoption and I only found out about it BECAUSE apparently I'm the fucking reason why you won't adopt her! I know I am an asshole! I know I am an outride rude son of a .... but you...? You basically turned me into a monster where that little girl is concerned and I did not deserve that!"

"Jan, please." Ty held his hands up. "Can we do this in English?"

"What?" Kristjan frowned. "Why?"

Ty answered, "Because when you get pissed, you talk too fast for me to be able to translate!"

"Well excuse me but I am pissed off!"

"You're ALWAYS pissed off!" Ty shouted back, taking Kristjan by surprise. "Stop SHOUTING at me!"

Kristjan stared at him. He stared at him longer than what Ty felt comfortable until "Jan" whispered, "Fine."

"I know I should have told you first." One hurdle cleared, and Ty asked helplessly, "Seriously, but how would you have reacted if I did?"

Kristjan replied with much heat to his voice, "I would have told you to grow a fucking set and do your family duty and give that girl a home!"

Ty flopped his arms to his side and said, "You see!? I knew you'd -- wait, what?"

"Surprised?" Kristjan nodded. "You should not be. if you knew me as well as you should by now, you'd know that with me?" He jabbed a finger into his own chest for emphasis. "Family always comes first!"

"That's my point!" Ty shot back. "That is why I was worried to tell you! I know you hate kids..."

"I NEVER said I hated kids!" Kristjan yelled. "Do I have the patience for kids? No! Do I get uncomfortable around kids? Yes! But I have never, never -- said I hated them! I mean, seriously! Do you think for one second Gabriel and Odette would let me anywhere near their kids if I said I hated them!? Would I play video games with Evan when you come over to my home to visit if I hated her!?"

"No..." Ty shook his head, admitting the truth quietly.

"No!" Kristjan shot back. He then said, "I told you I didn't want kids because I know deep down I am NOT right to be a parent! I have a temper, Ty. Or maybe you haven't noticed!? Everywhere we go, we see people with kids who have no fucking business being parents! They yell at their kids, bully them, BEAT them ... and by then, it's too damn late! The damage is done! Not me. I know my limits. I know what I can and can not do! And I know better..."

He stepped just that much closer to Ty and went on, finalizing his point, "Better than anyone, that the worst thing I could do to any kid is be a father to them!  I am not right for it!"

Jan, I-I just didn't want to lose you over this..."

Kristjan stared at him and shook his head, asking, "Did you really think I would leave you because you gave a child a home?"

Ty was trying to think of the right words to say, but all he could do was shrug his shoulders in a helpless manner, because right now? That was how he felt. Helpless. That no matter what he might say, it would come out wrong, or be taken wrong. There was then a knock on the cabin door, and Ty having forgotten to close it the entire way, it swung open and there stood Aron in the door frame.

"Everything okay in here?" Aron asked, even though he could tell it wasn't. Kristjan grabbed his case and stomped over to the door, holding his free hand out. "Give me your keys!"

"Why?" Aron asked with a frown, but found himself fishing the keys to his own suite from his pocket.

"Because I'm staying with you!" Was all Kristjan said, and the keys were dropped in his brother's open palm. Aron didn't like this, but he did not deny his sibling's request. Clenching the keys in his hand, Kristjan started to storm out of the suite when Ty caught his arm, turning him around.

"Let go." Kristjan commanded, but Ty kept hold of his boyfriend's upper arm and he said, "Jan, please. we need to talk about this."

"Ty," Kristjan said in a plain, calm, and quite frankly -- unnerving -- tone of voice. "I am going to say this once, and only once. Take your fucking hand off of me!"

Ty watched Kristjan, their eyes met, and he could see there was as much anger in Kristjan's eyes as he knew there was pain in his own. It lasted only seconds, but Ty's fingers slowly slipped from his arm and he let go of him. Kristjan vanished down the hall, and Aron went after him, leaving Ty alone in the suite as he slowly sank down onto the bed and ran his hand down his face.
>
"Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near."
~ Volsunga Saga, c.19

World Heavyweight Champion - 1x - current
9-0-1
</color>
;