Author Topic: “Third Time’s a Charm!”  (Read 544 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Third Time’s a Charm!”
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:16:24 PM »
Caleb’s second attempt at winning the Roulette Title from Alex Jones ended in failure again as Alex joined Krystal Wolfe in retaining the title in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTreme IX, however it would soon turn out that the bosses felt that Caleb was not done with Alex Jones yet and this time, Mark wasn’t even waiting until the Supercard to book Caleb in a Roulette Title Match and this time? It was one on one between him and Alex, will the third time be the charm for Caleb?

Caleb’s hotel room, San Francisco, California
Monday the 2nd of August 2021, 18:00pm

I knew there was going to be a downside to SCW going on the road.

What do I mean by that? It’s simple, because she’s training at the Go Gym seven days a week Katie can’t accompany me on the road and we agreed that it was for the best that Lemmy stay home with her so yeah, for the entirety of this tour I’m on my own.

At least we were able to reach a compromise.

“I just watched the replay of last night’s Climax Control.” Katie said once the skype call came through and she made herself comfortable. “Krystal will do anything to hold onto her title, won’t she?” Katie added before taking a sip from her drink.

“I don’t know, I thought it was common courtesy to buy a woman dinner before using salad tongs on her breasts?” I asked jokingly and Katie’s drink nearly ended up all over her laptop keyboard. “Like you weren’t thinking that!”

“I’ll admit, I was thinking that as well, but I didn’t expect that to come out of your mouth!” Katie responded with a laugh once she regained her composure. “How are Krystal and Ari after their attack from Amy by the way?”

“I think Krystal was more banged up after the Main Event.” I responded with a shrug and Katie nodded in understanding. “And Ari? The worst she got was a finisher from a woman old enough to be her great aunt, she’ll be fine!”

“I guess, but we all expected so much better from Amy here at the Go Gym, including Odette and Gabriel.” Katie responded with a frown, and I nodded in agreement. “Gotta go, I think Lemmy wants to go for a shit, but we’ll talk tomorrow.” Katie added as Lemmy appeared on screen briefly with his tail wagging before Katie hung up and I started planning my next move.

Local café, San Francisco, California
Friday the 6th of August 2021, 12:15pm

I wanted to get lunch outside of the hotel and I didn’t want to go somewhere that would cost me an arm and a leg just to get a table, so here we are!

Don’t get me wrong, my match against Alex on Sunday is on my mind since this is my third title shot against him and first one on one match against him but sometimes, I just need to unwind and I can only eat so much hotel food I can take, besides I have been trying to train for the match.

Keyword being trying, and off course you’d think the fact that I’m in one of the most famous cities in the world would make chilling out a lot easier but nope!

“What to get, what to get.” I muttered to myself as I looked over the café’s menu, I hadn’t been here that long but as simplistic as the café’s menu was, choosing what to eat from the menu was proving to be a lot more difficult than anticipated. “Eggs Benedict or Mushroom Risotto, if I was back home and had the ingredients, I’d have a go at making those dishes myself.”

“Maybe we can eat here in peace.” I heard Makayla’s voice ring out and looked at, Krystal and Makayla were approaching the café and the two Australian women weren’t happy.

“At this rate, I’m half tempted to just say “screw it” and order take-out from our hotel room!” Krystal responded as they approached the café. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m okay with autograph hunters but now whilst we’re out on a date!”

“Krystal?” I called out to her, and Krystal instinctively rolled her eyes in response, until she recognized my voice and looked up. “I’ve been here for the past fifteen, twenty minutes and I’ve not been pestered.”

“Well yeah, but you’re not one of SCW’s champions.” Krystal pointed out before shaking her head. “Not saying that I hope Alex retains the title in the Main Event off course.”

“Off course but I haven’t even heard a peak of something like “hey, isn’t that the metalhead wrestler from SCW challenging Alex Jones on Sunday?” so I don’t think there’s any wrestling fans here.” I responded and the lesbian couple shared a look before grabbing an unoccupied table near mine. “Was getting lonely over here anyway.”

“Katie’s still in Las Vegas training at the Go Gym I take it?” Makayla asked and I nodded in response. “And Lemmy?”

“She’s looking after him in Vegas, we agreed that it would be a lot easier this way.” I responded and the two women nodded in understanding. “Just don’t ask me for recommendations, I can’t make my mind up between the Eggs Benedict or Mushroom Risotto.”

“An Italian dish on the same menu as a French dish?” Krystal asked with a raised eyebrow, and I shrugged my shoulders in response. “That sounds confusing.”

“Google Maps described it as a Mediterranean Café and the reviews on Yelp are decent.” I responded reassuringly and the two women shrugged before looking at the menu. “So, Krystal, are you going to ask for another title defence on Twitter for next week’s show.”

“I don’t think so, I did that initially because I wanted a challenge, and it was SCW’s first show outside of Vegas in over a year.” Krystal responded as she shook her head. “I’ll be happy if my next defence isn’t until Violent Conduct VII to be honest, at least then I’ll have a chance to make it to my hundredth day as Bombshell Roulette Champion!”

“You are getting close, last week was your seventieth day and next week will be day eighty four.” I commented before finally deciding on the Mushroom Risotto. “And three weeks after that before you hit your hundredth day, I take it you’re planning your own celebration with Makayla if you get that far?”

“Yeah, but it’s the kind of celebration that we can’t go into detail about in public without getting dirty looks at best, being kicked out of the café at worst.” Makayla explained and I quickly got the idea as they decided on what they were ordering.

Caleb’s hotel room, San Francisco, California
Friday the 6th of August 2021, 18:00pm

*Promo time*

Here we go again.

“First time I faced Alex Jones for the Roulette Title and I wasn’t even submitted for Alex to retain, Miles Kasey got that distinct honour, second time I faced Alex Jones for the Roulette Title and it was in a stipulation where pin-falls were out the window because I got eliminated by falling into the pool, that said, this week I’m finally getting a one on one title match against Alex Jones after two title matches in a row where I had to share the spotlight with another guy, Miles in the first defence and Agostino Romano in the second, and frankly, it may as well have started  out this way!”

But I digress.

“I know Alex is a hell of a wrestler, he’s proven that ten times over and that’s before he won the Roulette Title and gained the prestigious Triple Crown, but I am determined to get out of San Francisco with the Roulette Title newly won and, in my possession, and with no one else to get in my way, what’s stopping me from achieving those goals? I can think of one potential thing that could get in the way!”

Here’s a hint, look at the name of the title.

“It’s often been said that the Roulette Wheel that gave the Roulette Titles their names, is a cruel mistress, on one hand we have last week’s Main Event which ended up being a Special Guest Ref Hardcore Rules Match, on the other hand, we have a situation like Krystal’s first defence of the title which was a mud-pit match! Those are just two examples but there are many others considering the title’s almost as old as SCW itself, but the wrong stipulation can really screw up my chances of winning the title from Alex Jones!”

But I’m not worried.

“If I was really that worried about Roulette Rules, I don’t think I’d be this enthusiastic about me becoming a two time Roulette Champion as I am but at the same time, I have to be realistic about my chances in this match if the wheel lands on a stip that seriously screws me over! Especially with Candy in charge because who knows what crazy stipulations that she has snuck onto the wheel behind Mark Ward’s back! With that out of my system Alex, I’d like to think that I am ready for anything the Roulette Wheel the wheel can throw at me and anything you can throw at me!”

After all, I’ve had practice.

“This is our third match for the Roulette Title and my second in a row following Summer XXXTreme IX and to be honest? If we face off for a fourth time and I still haven’t dethroned you, I’m going to scream! At that point, I’d rather just challenge Austin and Tempest for the Mixed Tag Team Titles because at least then I’d get a change of scenery in terms of my opponents, but that’s only if I lose the match on Sunday and for me it’ll be the third time’s the charm!”

It’s that simple.

“This may be our third match for the Roulette Title Alex, but it will be the last because that title is about to come home with me regardless of what that wheel stops on! Alex you are a hell of a wrestler, but I’ve been using our matches as work experience in a way because I’ve been learning what makes you tick as a competitor and this Sunday, I’ll put that to good use by winning the Roulette Title!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice and I’ll say it again and again until that title is mine again, it has been way to long since I’ve held the Roulette Title and Alex Jones is standing in my way for the third match in a row of breaking that drought! Alex, you have been a great champion, facing everyone from Bill Barnhart to The Troll in your title reign but this is where it ends because you had better brace yourself as there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you and your reign will be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your new Roulette Champion!”

I went to check on my laptop as the scene fades.
user posted image