« on: September 23, 2022, 10:56:07 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, September 23, 2022
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
9:07 AM  PDT

Reno

Not as glamorous as Las Vegas or as much fun but it was a place where such fun could still be found. Now it would be the scene of a SCW Climax Control, nearly bringing the company all the way home after its tour of India. 

The tour had gone well and now Seleana Zdunich was to face Ariana Angelos for the Bombshell Roulette Championship that Ariana had won at the big show in New Delhi.

As she sits at her desk, she looks up to see Sam “Razorback” Matthews in the doorway.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, how’s it?

Razorback shrugs.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: You ain’t gonna be gone long this weekend are ya?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No. It is a short trip.

A slight frown of consternation comes over the woman’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: Why, is there something wrong?

Razorback sighs.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: I don't know, I’ve heard rumblings might be some shit but it’s only vague whispers. Might be nothin’, mind, just wanna make sure if it goes down, we ain’t gotta worry ‘bout you is all.

Seleana nods, visibly relaxing.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I have a championship match on Sunday in Reno.

Razorback nods, also visibly relaxing at the mention of the location in question.

Sam "Razorback" Matthews: So you’ll be in and out, maybe spend the night once…

Seleana nods, still wondering what could possibly be setting the man off like this.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

Razorback nods and walks off. As Seleana watches him go, she quickly grabs her phone and dials up her daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis.

Halo: Mama Sel?

Seleana Zdunich: Why is Razorback so keen about my trip?

Halo almost laughs.

Halo: Let me guess, he said some vague shit about somethin’ may be happenin’ soon and then wanted your itinerary like he was the secret service or some shit?

Seleana nods at the younger woman’s assessment.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, exactly.

Halo: He thinks of himself as your security so he wants to make dead sure ain’t nothin’ gonna happen to you. And he heard Papa T was talkin’ out his his ass again and…

Before Halo can even finish Seleana is already nodding her agreement.

Halo: You know how that goes.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, he better not do anything to my match. Ariana and I would never forgive him. She is a new champion, she does not need the kind of skit that comes from Todd pulling anything in that match.

Halo: Yeah, she just won in New Delhi, right?

Seleana nods quickly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. This is our chance to prove what kind of champion we both can be. Ariana is not to be underestimated after what she accomplished at Violent Conduct. Todd would take what should be a shining moment in both of our careers and get it all muddled up with wee.

Halo starts laughing.

Halo: Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem. I don’t know what Papa T was goin on about this time…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: What is he ever on about, ja?

Halo laughs some more.

Halo: Yeah, but I don’t see where it behooves him to fuck with you and Ariana. All it would do is piss you and her off and probably get Christian and Mark to wanna catapult his ass into the sun before he fuck more shit up for them for no reason. Might be different if he was makin’ them money but…

Seleana sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Halo: Hey, you just focus on having a good fight with Ariana, y’hear? Nevermind what bullshit he’s thinkin’ on. The odds are good he’ll lose interest and think of some other bullshit five minutes later anyway.

Cracking a smile, the Swedish woman nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Is true.

The smile remains affixed in place.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack, HayJo.

Halo: Love you, Mama Sel.  Y’all kick ass in Reno!

Seleana Zdunich: I love you too.