Author Topic: DESPAYRE (c) vs BLAQUE HART BRUCE EVANS  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
DESPAYRE (c) vs BLAQUE HART BRUCE EVANS
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:21:03 AM »
 Please post roleplays here.

First RP Period Deadline:
United States: 11:59pm EST Saturday 08/15/2015
England: 04:59am Sunday 08/16/2015
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:25:55 AM by Christian Underwood »

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »
 <div align=center class="roster">
       <table width="80%" border="3"  cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1">
         <tr class="blacktext">
           <td width="32%"><div align="center" class="rules">Ted E. Bahr Productions
Proudly presents:
</div></td>
         </tr>
<tr class="bginput">
         <td>
></td>
       </tr>
<tr class="bginput">
         <td>Nightmare
noun night·mare \'nit-?mer\
: a dream that frightens a sleeping person : a very bad dream
: a very bad or frightening experience or situation

The burgundy colored curtains were drawn closed over the windows of the house's bedroom, and little of the morning light was able to shine within. The room remained dark against the rising sun as the sleeping figure in the bed remained hidden, curled up tightly beneath the Marvin the Martian comforter as the air conditioner hummed along, turning what should be an otherwise muggy bedroom into a cool yet comfortable oasis for rest and relaxation.

The figure in the bed, however, was not resting as well as one might suspect. Even in the state of sleep, the discomfort was evident as beneath the comforter. His feet kicked slightly, and his body fidgeted, in such a manner that the covers were jerked off just enough to uncover his head so that we might finally see Despayre himself. He rolled over heavily too one side of the bed, then fitfully threw his body over the other way. It was evident that he was asleep, but it was neither restful nor relaxing. His breathing deepened, and his eyes clenched shut as somewhere deep in his dreams, something altogether unpleasant was working its way from his subconscious and back to the forefronts of his mind. The household's cat, the ginger tabby Sebastian's head rose from where it snuggled closely on the corner of the bed, to watch with interest as Despayre's sleep grew more agitated, while his head rested back against not just the pillow, but the lap of his constant teddy bear companion, Angel.

The clearest evidence of his sleeping distress would also be the tears that streaked from his closed eyes and down his cheeks, leaving dusty, tear stained trails on a young face that normally bore bright smiles that would light up a room.

Under most circumstances, the household of the current reigning SCW Internet Champion Despayre was in full swing at this time of the day, even though it was still mid-morning, just past the hour of ten o'clock. Ordinarily, the head of the household, Synn, had already been up for a fair number of hours and at work in his office, negotiating contracts or business deals for the men he managed, whether they be active in the sport of professional wrestling or not. He might also be out and about in downtown Las Vegas on one of his other business ventures outside of the business we are more familiar with, such as real estate or stocks, both of which have allowed him to live in and more importantly, maintain the comfortable lifestyle that he has been accustomed to over the years, and one in which he has gifted his only son, Despayre, with.

As was said, 'under most circumstances'.

Today, however, was an entirely different matter as soon he and the rest he saw as his family would be off on another leg of their journey, traveling to Brisbane, Australia where they would be boarding a luxurious cruise ship for Sin City Wrestling's next 'adventure', namely the unique summer event, Summer XXXTreme III. Despayre would be in action against a specter from his own past, and there was more at stake in this match than just the Internet belt worn around the waist of his son. There was a peace-of-mind that would be at stake as well when Despayre met his challenger, Blaque Hart Bruce Evans.

Blaque Hart and Despayre had something of a past, although a very brief one, well over two years prior to this. One that still sent chills down the backs of those with a good memory, and one that Despayre himself had fought long and hard to bury in the recesses of his subconscious. It was not actively discussed. At least it was not when Despayre was in the vicinity and might run the risk of overhearing, whether intentionally or due to his hobby of listening in when others might be under the belief that he was not paying attention.

And this would be why the kitchen of this household was a little busier than the norm this day, with a few more people seated at the island counter in the center of the room. Synn himself had just finished a late breakfast, and shooed the housekeeper Theresa aside so that he could place the remnants in the sink, while their morning guests Gabriel and his wife continued to work on their own. The husband and wife pair had just finished moving back to their residence in Las Vegas only recently with their newborn son, but had stopped by earlier to get their tickets for the event cruise as they would be attending as both guests as well as spectators. Despayre was still sound asleep when they arrived and Synn invited the two to remain until he woke up, knowing full well that his son, and Gabriel's pseudo 'little brother' would not react favorably if he learned the magician had been there and he did not get to see him -- despite the fact they would be on the cruise together where they could hang out to Despayre's content.

"So, are you going to be putting our boy through the ringer?" Gabriel asked as he picked up the cup of coffee set before him.

"No." Synn answered as he turned around from the sink and slowly sat down at the head of the counter where he resumed the drinking of his own black coffee. "Not this time. I've had Despayre training since this match was first announced. Shane and Fantasia have lent a hand, as has Rage and yourself, but I think it best now to let him rest and focus on other things."

"Ha." Gabriel chided with a smile. "You said 'focus'. You know as well as I do that Despy doesn't 'focus' on matches. We just turn him loose and god help the poor bastard who's in his path."

"Well, why mess with a winning system?" Synn pointed out, as usually baring very little traces of emotion behind his words for others to detect or interpret.

"Are you sure?" Gabriel's wife asked from the chair she was seated in beside her husband, holding their newborn against herself. "This isn't going to be an easy match by any means."

"She's not wrong." Gabriel agreed. "Despy's still not used to singles matches. Last one he had with that J2H punk, I saw him looking around to tag out before he remembered. Blaque Hart is going to be a tougher sell. Guy's tough."

"I know he is, Gabriel." Synn said. "I am aware that the man is a threat, but still there is only so much prep work that can be accomplished with Joshua before it begins to have a negative effect as opposed to a positive one. Plus, I'd rather he get rest while he can. Hopefully he'll catch up on his sleep."

"Is that why he's still in bed?" Odette asked.

Synn nodded. "It is." He set down his coffee after draining the last of it dry, and Theresa immediately got up from where she herself sat to retrieve the coffee pot to fill the cup up again. "I usually allow him to sleep as late as he wishes anyway, as one of his medications induces sleep, but the past few days Joshua has been sleeping in longer than usual."

"Little guy not getting any sleep?" Gabriel asked, mildly concerned. "Anything the matter?"

"I'm not certain." Synn answered with a frown on his face. He came to be a father late in life, having not known of his son's existence until the young man was already in his late teens. As such, he tried to keep on top of everything where Despayre was involved, and did not like being in the dark about anything in regards to his welfare. He went on, explaining, "If I didn't know any better, I would say he was having nightmares, but he refuses to discuss them with anyone."

"Are you sure?" Gabriel asked.

"Fairly sure." Synn took a drink of coffee and picked up a piece of toast from the plate where a stack had been placed by the housekeeper for them to munch on while they conversed. "I knew something was amiss a few nights ago when he practically ran into my bedroom in the dead of night. He was crying, shaking worse than I'd seen, and just wouldn't talk to me as to why, but I let him sleep with me either way. He got some rest, but obviously not enough."

"That does sound like a nightmare." Gabriel agreed, reaching out for another piece of bacon from the serving tray. "Sort of like a couple years ago when he had the same after the incident with Evans."

"You're right." Theresa spoke up for the first time in agreement. Such was the relationship she had with those that called this house their home, and their extended family that she was seen as one of them and could easily voice her thoughts and opinions into the conversations around her. Their eyes turned to her as she pulled up a stool to sit at Synn's left with a cup of hot tea in her hands, as she was unable to drink caffeine any longer due to her recent heart surgery. She went on, "I was up the other night and heard little sounds coming from Joshua's bedroom."

"Like what?" Odette asked in earnest, her feelings of affection towards her husband's little brother almost as deeply rooted as his own.

Theresa shrugged, "Crying, I would mostly say. I heard something fall on the floor so I took a peek and saw the poor boy having a fit."

"And you didn't wake him up?" Gabriel frowned.

Synn answered in place of Theresa, shaking his head. "After his first nightmare, I took no chances. I spoke to his doctor without Joshua's knowledge and she suggested we not wake him from his nightmares unless they cause hi severe distress, like the first one did. Otherwise it would take him more time to work his mind past the nightmare and with his mind frame, he might become more agitated as a result."

Theresa mentioned, "His momma pointed out that it seemed the closer you get to leaving for this cruise show of yours, the more he has the nightmares."

"You don't think he's afraid of going on the cruise do you?" Gabriel asked. "I mean, he's handled those fine in the past."

"No." Synn shook his head. "I think it more has to do with who he's going to be facing. He's not afraid of Evans as a competitor. He handled him just fine in that tag team match, but a part of him is remembering what happened on that Halloween show and facing this proverbial 'boogeyman' might be working on his subconscious."

"Damn it." Gabriel whispered. "I hate not being able to help the little guy."

Synn lifted his coffee mug and directed it toward Gabriel to emphasize his words, "You having moved the family back to Las Vegas will have done more good than you know. For now, I'm afraid Joshua will have to work his way through this himself if he refuses to discuss the nightmares with anyone."

The four at the table lapsed into a brief silence as they contemplated what had been discussed, and what, if anything, any one of them might do to help remedy the given situation. Gabriel knew his 'little brother' better than anyone, save for Synn, and a passing thought was just starting to occur to him when the sleepy voice emanating from the doorway of the kitchen drew him and the others from their private thoughts.

"Morning."

They looked up and saw a very sleepy looking Despayre walking into the kitchen, still wearing his sleep clothes of a plain white t shirt and pajama pants featuring the likenesses of several Looney Tunes characters.

"Good morning Joshua."

"I wouldn't quite go that far." He mumbled as a chorus of greetings followed him as he stumbled towards the fridge and retrieved a gallon of chocolate milk to pour himself a glass. Sleep deprived or not, Despayre knew full well the ramifications of making a mess in Theresa's kitchen so he held the gallon firmly with one hand, and the glass with the other to pour a big, cold glass of what he referred to as "chocolate moo squeezings".

"Nice hat Despy." Gabriel mused, referring to the teddy bear that Despayre's head was seemingly wedged against, with Angel's paws and legs wrapped around the sides of his head and neck.

"Huh?" Despayre blinked, not understanding what Gabriel was talking about until he glanced 'up' and then reached around with his free hand, grasping the plush bear's arm and pulling it free. He held Angel before him and sighed, "So that's where you went off to. Bit early for hide n' seek, Angel."

"Is Angel playing jokes on you again?" Gabriel chuckled, playing along with the situation.

"Just games." Despayre answered with a mighty yawn. "He loves to play games, but he makes a great pillow sometimes so I look past it."

He then walked over to where they were gathered and pulled out the stool right beside Synn, always insisting on sitting right beside his dad, placing Angel on the table in a place of 'honor'. Theresa stood up from her own seat and declared, "I'll get you your breakfast."

"It's alright." Despayre answered, taking a deep drink from his glass, giving himself a chocolate 'milk stache'. "I'll just have this. Maybe some Starburst."

Theresa turned away from the fridge she had opened to begin making the young man something to eat and she waved her forefinger at him. "You know your poppa's rule about candy for breakfast. You'll have a good meal to start your day."

Despayre huffed and flopped his cheek against his palm, then turned to his dad and questioned him, "That rule goes for Starburst too?"

"Afraid so, Joshua."

"Skittles?"

"Those too."

"I don't get it." Despayre turned to Gabriel and his wife and he pointed out, "They're made with real fruit juice. That should count as a healthy breakfast."

Gabriel's eyes went up through his brows and he smiled at Synn, "Lad's got a point."

Synn shook his head as he stood up, "That impulse you get to 'help' me, Gabriel? Try to resist it."

Gabriel shared a smile with his wife as Theresa sat a big bowl of chocolate Chex cereal in front of Despayre and the little guy proceeded to dig in while Synn retrieved his daily medications from the locked cabinet he kept them in on the far kitchen counter.

"What brings you here so early?" Despayre asked Gabriel between gaping mouthfuls of cereal while his bacon feast was being prepared by Theresa.

Gabriel would have teased Despayre a bit as he was prone to do affectionately now and again, but given his sleep deprived state, he was unsure how it would be taken so he instead answered, "We just thought we'd just drop by and see if Angel had any more advice for Snowbird."

Despayre nodded as if this made all the sense in the world, and to him, it did. Gabriel also added, "Plus, we had to pick up our tickets for the cruise from Grandpa Synn there."

Synn paused briefly behind his son to shoot a hard stare at Gabriel who the look just bounced off of. Despayre smiled then looked up over his shoulder ad by instinct held out his hand for Synn to place the pills in. Synn backed up towards the counter and watched as, one by one, Despayre placed each pill between his lips and used a gulp of his chocolate milk to wash them down. Theresa, Gabriel and Odette watched as well, but were careful to do so not too obviously. They trusted him, but after an episode a few months ago where he had faked taking them and suffered the ill effects of doing so, they were taking no chances.

Satisfied, Synn took his seat again and Despayre was about to take another big mouthful of cereal when he said, "I'm glad you're going to be there! You can watch me beat Bruce Evans!"

"Again." Odette smiled and Gabriel shared the smile.

Despayre nodded eagerly as he took the bite that seemed too large for his own consumption, and Gabriel stated, "You bet, Despy. We can't wait to see you teach that guy a lesson."

Taking a mighty swallow, Despayre looked at his dad with hopeful eyes and asked, "Is anyone else coming?"

"Before you get ahead of yourself, yes. Your mother and grandmother will be going on the cruise." Synn answered. "Just like last time."

Despayre beamed at the news, practically bouncing himself off of his seat. He then paused and leaned over to whisper, "What about T-H-E-R-E-S-A?" He comically spelled out her name, as if she'd be unable to interpret it.

At the question, Synn turned on the stool and called to her, "Do you want to answer this one?"

Having slid the last of the bacon strips from the skillet onto the napkin covered plate to drain, Theresa sighed quite audibly and turned off the stove before she turned around. When the topic had first been brought up, she had refused left, right and down the center. She had never been on a cruise before, and her one experience on a boat with her husband many years ago had soured her taste for being on water. But the ticket had been reserved ahead of time, and Despayre had become quite vocal with his begging and pleading for her to join them so she too could witness him besting Blaque Hart Bruce Evans first hand. And time and again, she had tried to be firm and say no. But the pleading on his part, and Synn's intervention helped to whittle away at her reserves.

Theresa answered as she brought Despayre the plate and set it down before him, just as he finished off the last of his cereal. She picked up his near empty bowl and said, "I suppose so."

Despayre pumped an 'air fist', gleeful that 'their' Theresa would be at this event. Synn called out to her back, "So I don't want to ever hear again anything about whatever you-know-who wants..."

"Who?" Despayre asked between bites of bacon, looking at each in turn for an answer that did not come.

Theresa turned at the waist and shook a finger at her employer, and said, "I would still be saying no if you hadn't brought my doctor into it." She looked to Gabriel to explain, "Apparently being on an ocean cruise would be good for me." She added, thoroughly unconvinced of the validity of that belief.

"Who's going to watch Sebastian?" Odette asked as the feline of the house himself walked into the kitchen as if he owned it, and headed across to the corner where his food dish had been set up t have its own breakfast.

"Rage volunteered." Synn answered.

"You're kidding." Gabriel stated in disbelief, knowing full well just how Rage felt about the cat that seemed to take every given opportunity to slash an claw at the "Sin of Wrath".

"Well," Synn corrected himself. "Actually Phillip did."

Despayre smiled as the chatter continued around him. It would seem that this would be the best cruise ever!

"No! No, please! No!"

He begged as he found himself having been thrown harshly into the coffin, the soft lining not being enough to cushion the impact and thus, the wind had been briefly knocked out of him. His words caught in his throat as a result as the shadowed monster that loomed over him grasped the lid of the casket and started to push it down.

"No!" He cried as he pushed against the lid closing down over him, and strained with all his might as the monster growled, its blood red eyes glaring down at him without remorse, sheer hatred radiating off of it as it slowly over powered him!

"Please!" He cried with desperation deep in his voice as his elbows started to tremble against the pressure being exerted against his arms. He kicked a foot up to try to prevent the lid from coming down, but it was knocked back inside, and his strength finally gave out. He was unable to stand strong physically against the monster, and the lid slammed shut on him!

"NO!" He screamed in full panic mode, and his small hands beat against the lid and his fingers dug and tore at the velvet lining. His arms were wedged tightly against his sides and he barely had any move to struggle, which only increased the panic in his system.

"Let me out! Please! LET ME....!"

"... out?" Despayre gulped back the sobs as he sat straight up in bed, as the cold chill raced through his body, the one that we all experience when awakening after a horrific nightmare. He sat there for several moments, trying to calm himself in the darkness of his room, the only light coming from the night light against the far wall. He wanted nothing more than to go to his father's room and ask to sleep there, again, but he remained rooted to the bed where he was seated, looking around with wide eyes for someone that he did not see. Someone that would also make everything better.

"Angel? ... Angel!"

"Shh, I'm here. It's okay. Did you have another nightmare?"

"Y-yes. It was horrible! He locked me in there. Again!"

"The monster?"

"Y-yeah. I wish you could fight those monsters in my dreams. The one place you can't get to, to fight them, they keep showing!"

"I can fight them in your dreams buddy, but I think the reason that I can't this time is because deep down, it's not really a monster. It is just a nightmare and it's not a monster doing that to you. It's something else, or rather, someone else."

"What? W-who?"

"I think you know the answer to that one, my friend. Its the same meanie that did that to you all those years ago. The one who started this whole mess to begin with."

"Bruce Evans?"

"The very same. Having that done to you scared you very badly, but you ere brave and you pushed those bad memories away where they couldn't get to you. But now that the man is back and you have to wrestle him again, I think the bad memories are starting to surface again, and using your dreams to do it."

"But I don't want them to! I want them to stay where they were, so I won't remember. I don't want to remember that any more, Angel."

"I know you don't buddy, and I don't want you to either. Unfortunately, it's not something I can help with. All I can do is offer you a little advice."

"As Mister Self-Help?"

"No, not this time, but as your bestest friend. Something that I want you to do, for me, for yourself, and for everybody that's coming to this show."

"What's that?"

"Beat Blaque Hart Bruce Evans. Beat him down, beat him bad. Just beat him."

"He's been very mean to me. Called me names. He even pretended to be nice and then hit me. Wants to make me mean, just like him."

"But you're not like him. You are nothing like him! You never have been, and you never will be. And that is why you have to beat him. Blaque Hart doesn't care about anyone but himself -- and maybe that guy he's been hanging around with lately. All he cares about is what he wants, and he's mean to anyone to who gets in his way. He had a chance years ago at winning the Tag Team titles so he did, what he did, to you. He thinks he has a right to the Internet Championship, so he's been mean to you time and again to try and take it away from you."

"But it's MINE!"

"Yes it is, and it's going to stay yours, too! He's not going to take it from you. He lost it for a reason. But all of this is about so much more than just the Internet Championship."

"It is?"

"Of course! This is also about the things that he's done to you. The things that he wants to do! The things that he's said! I don't care what anyone says about that whole 'sticks and stones' thing. Words can hurt a lot worse than physical pain, and I don't like to see you getting hurt either way. Boy it's just a god thing I'm forbidden to get in that ring and fight that guy myself!"

"You'd really do him a mischief, huh?"

"I'd tear him limb from limb for messing with 'my' Joshua! I can't, but you can, and that is what's going to put all of this to an end."

"All of what? My frightmares?"

"Exactly! Because that monster that's been haunting you in your frightmares? It's just Bruce Evans. Poor, pathetic, former champion, single digit IQ Bruce Evans."

"Ha! You're funny!"

"I try. But my point remains the same, this match? It's the key to ending your frightmares about .. you know."

"What do you mean?"

"You are only starting to remember what happened to you because Bruce did it, and now he's showing his face again. By beating Bruce Evans, and you will beat him, you will have effectively beaten the monster who keeps trapping you in your dreams. Beat Bruce Evans, and you beat the monster causing your bad dreams."

"B-but... I beat him in the tag team match. Why didn't that put a stop to things?"

"Because it was a tag team match, and also because Kain and Gabriel got involved. You have to beat the monster all on your own in order to move past this little hurdle."

"You think so?"

"Hey, when am I ever wrong? But just to lend a helping hand, why don't you have a peek at that little something Gabriel dropped off this evening?"

"Oh! I almost forgot all about that! Where is my head?"

Despayre proceeded to reach over in the bed for the small, brown paper bag on the end table at his bedside. He picked it up delicately and peered inside, and then proceeded to pull out a colorful dream catcher.

"What is it?"

"It's a dream catcher. The Native Americans swear if you put them at the head of your bed, by your head (ha!), they'll catch any bad dreams before they get in your noggin."

"Sounds like magic."

"Well, Gabriel is a magician after all. He would know."

"And that's why we love him."

Despayre turned at the waist as best he could under his comforter, and draped the dream catcher on the bed post. He then scooted his pillows over near it and started to lay back down, confident now that with Angels pep talk, and Gabriel's dream catcher, everything would be alright.

"Psst! Blaque Hart! You hearing me? I think we wasted enough breath talking about you, but I just have one more thing to say to you: Nobody messes with my Despy! No-BODY!"</td>
       </tr>
</table>
</div>
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »
 The first RP period is now over.

As of now, we are in the second RP period.

Second RP Period Deadline:
United States: 11:59pm EST Friday 08/21/2015
England: 04:59am Saturday 08/22/2015

NOTE:
Remember folks! All RPs in week two have to take place on the Sun Princess cruise ship.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 08:55:28 PM »
 <div align=center class="roster">
       <table width="80%" border="3"  cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1">
         <tr class="blacktext">
           <td width="32%"><div align="center" class="rules">Ted E. Bahr Productions
Proudly presents:
</div></td>
         </tr>
<tr class="bginput">
         <td>
"Fishing For Trouble"
</td>
       </tr>
<tr class="bginput">
         <td>
>

"Blaque Hart Bruce Evans. I have to admit that with your recent lack of personal appearances, I am starting to wonder if we will have the pleasure of your company before Sunday when you find yourself challenging Despayre for the SCW Internet Championship. Its not as if you have made any real effort into showing your face. Not so much as to even run your mouth with your childish insults towards a man that has already displayed he is your better when inside of the ring. You have said nothing about your plans to best him and take him on a one-way ride down a single path towards corruption."

"And for this, I am uncertain as to whether I should pity you, or bless you."

"On one hand, pity seems almost appropriate in a case such as yourself, when you created such drama for yourself and your life, when that little princess you refer to as a boyfriend came out here, in front of thousands, and blew you out of the closet. A happy yet colorful pun intended. And for this, I commend you. You took this in stride and took the required time off to settle your personal matters, and came back full force. But to do what? Retake what you left, still believing to be your property. The Internet Championship belt."

"You were the first champion, yes indeed. And yet, when you found yourself facing the 'King of Kings' Kain, your grip on that  belt became as fragile as your grip on reality. You lost your title those many months ago, and now here you are again, living with the delusional fantasy that the title belongs around your waist, and not that of Despayre. And yet, what happened when you were finally given the opportunity to prove yourself inside of the ring against him? You fell short. You fell fast. You simply ... fell. True, it was a tag team match, and I admit that there were a fair share of outside shenanigans at play that helps lead to the match's foregone conclusion, and yet: It was not Sean Jackson who fell in defeat. It was not Simon Jones who scored the winning pinfall."

"It was Despayre who planted that empty head of yours hard into the canvas and pinned you, one. Two. Three. Simple as that. And afterwards? That little trick you played? Oh Bruce, you upset and hurt Despayre when you played him for a fool and made him think you wanted to play nice. That was to be the final nail in the coffin you created for yourself -- pun intended."

"And yet, here you are once again, facing the unenviable task at hand of attempting to do what only one other has done in Despayre's entire multi-year career: defeat him. Pin his shoulders to the mat. That one person who did just that? Gabriel. That's right. Over two years ago in the 'Blast From the Past' tournament, Gabriel became the first person ever to pin Despayre's shoulders for a three count. It never happened before, and it hasn't happened since. And yet, here you are in the misguided belief that you can accomplish that very same task, thus ending one man's championship reign, and securing your own second one."

"Yes. This is indeed where I pity you. Pity for having already fallen to Despayre once, and somehow, someway, the powers-that-be have deemed you the logical top contender anyway. Perhaps they think as former champion, you are in the right for a return match. That, or those pretty lips of yours were firmly planted to a boss's backside -- or other body part -- to get this match guaranteed. Such a wasted effort, I must say, when the end result will not justify the means. You think that just because this time it will be one-on-one, the end result will be any different? You poor, deluded, single digit IQ fool. If anything, this time the result of your defeat will be far, far worse."

"You see, now that it's strictly between you and Despayre, there will be no excuses. There will be no tag team partner on either side in which to blame your loss. And if that man cake you have at your side chooses to accompany you to ringside, I'd hope there would be no outside interference on either of our part; him, or me. Despayre needs no help, but I assure you if your boy toy tries to get cute, I will bury him at sea for attempting to do my son mischief."

"So man up, Blaque Hart. Make sure your spin is in alignment and your balls have dropped. think of a new excuse, if either does not meet your satisfaction. Perhaps the Rings of Saturn got in your eyes, or you got sea sick. Whatever. Your desire to turn Despayre from the path of innocence is as lost too you as is the Internet Championship. I will not have it. Despayre is the last little piece of innocence that brightens the otherwise dark, bleak world in which we live."

"After all, if he can survive being in a family such as ours and remain as he has always been, what chance do you have at corrupting what can not be corrupted? What chances do you have at all in a situation you have placed yourself in?"

"None at all."</td>
       </tr>
</table>
</div>
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."