Author Topic: Won't be any flukes this match buddy!  (Read 393 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Won't be any flukes this match buddy!
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

The scene opens up in a dark room. Not pitched black as a dying light bulb from the camera is bright enough to pick up a shadow of a couch and someone sitting in it.

Jon Dough: The last time you all saw me I went down to Joshua, To Joshua, I tell ya! Boy, talk about getting slapped in the face huh?

As Jon stops speaking we can see a part of the shadow moving around. We hear a clicking noise, a lamp turns on behind Jon Dough who we see sitting in a brown recliner. The light is dim but still bright enough to make out the green mask man wearing a Jon Dough t-shirt from 2017.

Jon Dough: A fluke, a fluke I tell you. Joshua, the truth is, we all have an off day. Yeah, an off day. That’s what it was. You see, you have held a title in SCW. It took you to steal my partner to do it. Thank you for that, by the way as he ended up being as trash as you are.

Jon leans forward, he places his elbows on his knees while doing so as to look as if he wants everyone to think about what he is about to say.

Jon Dough: Since then, what have you done? Hold the roulette title for a time that not one person can remember? You know, the last time you were talked about was when you robbed me in that tag title match like 4 years ago. Hen fur years later, you got talked about again because you beat me. You ended this brutal losing streak you were building up. So for that, you’re welcome. It seems as if you need me so that others can talk highly of you.

But that was then, this is now. Now I do what I did to you and your washed up brother remember the charity show SCW did a few years back. Of course not, it was one of the many losses in your career at the hands of Jon Dough, okay with a little help of Eyesnsane but not much. It was all me, yes, all me. Like when you get talked about. It is all me as it's our matches that put you on the map in a way that doesn’t have everyone pointing the finger and laughing at you.

Jon leans back on to the recliner, he rubs his hands together as his tone of voice changes to one of mocking.

Jon Dough: Only now I will have them doing just that when I beat you in the ring. I will score two pinfalls, no two tap outs… No!!! A pinfall then a tap out. To be honest, it doesn't matter how I do it, I just know that it will be done… Oh yes, it will be done.

Now you may be going into this match feeling a little overconfident because of that fluke. But understand this you walk into this match overconfident and I'm going to make you tap out faster than what you did at your tag team match causing Effie to go back to SCU.

When it comes down to it, like it or not even though you did beat me you have been on a losing streak while during that time I managed to capture the Roulette title twice. Keep in mind I did this while still being a part-time wrestler as you so elegantly put it a few weeks ago. So the fact that this part-time wrestler can somehow be in the title picture and capture the title, while you're sitting there trying to figure out how to even score a victory doesn't really say much about you now does it.

With all of that being said, Joshua, I have to tell you, the truth is oh, you're not even a bad wrestler. You have the looks, dare I say you even have the skills. But something is just not clicking with you right now. No one knows what it is but worst of all you can't figure out what it is.

Jon’s voice goes from mocking to dead serious.

Jon Dough: I'm going to give you a bit of advice. This is me being straight up with you. No bullshit, no mocking of any kind, I'm not trying to mess with you right now. What you need currently in your career is some deep Soul search. You're going to have to dig down inside and figure out what has happened that you have found yourself in a position where you are having a hard time scoring a victory at the end of your matches.

Like I said titles before you don't get them by losing. You have done well for yourself since you've been in this industry to know something is just not clicking right now. I don't know maybe you need to take some time off and really figure it out oh, maybe you need to switch up your training schedule/routine.

Whatever it is that's wrong we can all be sure that you're not going to figure it out before our match. So do not expect the same outcome as you didn't even expect to receive a few weeks ago. And then after our match starts to really think what can you do to change this luck around. Because like it or not whatever you're doing, is not working for you. And I'm telling you this as a friend if we can even call each other that. So take that for whatever it's worth.

Jon puts his right arm in the air. He is holding nothing and pulls down. When doing so the lamp behind him magically turns off.

Jon Dough: See you, Sunday Josh.

user posted image