Author Topic: “Same shit, different week.”  (Read 267 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Same shit, different week.”
« on: October 18, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
 It had finally happened, Honor Wrestling and Sin City Wrestling had merged into one company and thanks to her win over Ella Singleton ay Zero Hour II Jessie was coming into SCW with the Legacy Championship still in hand, this week’s Climax Control was the first one post-merger and alongside the continuation of the Gold Rush Tournament for the men (and Fenris defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Jessie’s one time ally Joshua Acquin) for the first time an Honor Wrestling title was being defended at an SCW show as Jessie was putting the Legacy Championship on the line, against who?

Ella Singleton! That’s right, the last woman Jessie faced in Honor Wrestling was going to have her SCW debut against Jessie for the title! Jessie has proven herself to be no fluke champion in Honor Wrestling during the short time she has spent holding the belt turning away several challengers, but will things be different now that the two women where wrestling in the promotion that put Jessie on the map in the first place? Not if Jessie had anything to say about it!

Backstage at Climax Control, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sunday the 14th of October 2018, 11:00pm

Well, that was a kick in the teeth.

Anyone who’s been watching my recent promos knows that I’ve been vocal about my displeasure over the SCW/Honor Wrestling merger and I’m not just saying that because the bosses are going to try to take my Legacy Championship away from me as soon as possible because how dare I have a championship when I don’t fit into their narrow, moronic view of what a champion should be, okay, that does play a part in it but there’s another part to it as well.

I was planning to quit SCW and focus on Honor Wrestling when my contract with SCW came up.

You heard me right, I am sick to death of Mark and Christian’s bullshit and if they had come to me with a contract renewal offer at the end of the year like they always did, I would’ve told them where to shove it and telling them exactly why the people at Honor Wrestling were much better wrestling promoters were than they could ever dream to be.

Because Honor Wrestling respected talent unlike SCW, and now the two promotions have been merged! I have half a mind to report Mark and Christian for trying to get a monopoly in the Las Vegas wrestling scene!

“Well, your plans for the New Year just went out the window.” Jake commented as we watched the final moments of the World Bombshell Title Match between Kate Steele and Dani Weston which ended after Dani hit Kate with her finisher. “So, what now?”

“I’ll take it as it goes, maybe I will renew that damn contract come December.” I responded with a bitter tone to my voice as I watched the show end, we had already packed up our stuff, so we could get a move on and head back to the hotel ready for the trip to Tempe, Arizona for next week’s Climax Control and it was just a matter of getting things going. “Either way, I’m still the Honor Wrestling Legacy Champion and unless the bosses decide to book a title defense for me next week I don’t see that changing any time soon.”

“Don’t hold your breath on that Jess.” Shane responded as he shook his head before there was a knock at the door, I answered it and a stage hand handed over next week’s card before running off, presumably to get back to his hotel. “So, are you booked next week?”

“I’ll tell you in a sec.” I responded as I read through the card. “Gold Rush Tournament Matches, Casey Williams vs. Jake Raab, Amy’s competing in a Fatal Four Way for the number one contender ship for the Roulette Title against Trinity Jones, Sam Marlowe and Selena Zdunich……...” Once I read the match right bellow Amy’s I started laughing, loudly, so loudly in fact that I’m pretty sure that anyone walking by the door to the room would’ve stopped to see what was going on exactly if they weren’t in a hurry to get back to the hotel. “Oh, this is just perfect!”

“What is?” Jake asked before he and Shane read the card, once they saw what I was laughing at they shook their heads. “A rematch against Ella Singleton? For the Legacy Championship? They did see how your title match against her at Zero Hour II went right?”

“I would hope so since they flew to Vegas to be in attendance for the show!” I responded with a grin before pocketing the card. “I say we get going now, I have a lot of stuff to get off my chest now and this promo is perfect for it!”

“As long as we don’t get a repeat of the last time you had stuff to get off your chest, we won’t object.” Shane responded before we left the room and started heading towards the parking lot, I trailed behind the boys, so I could get my promo done.
“One year ago, my future was in doubt, SCW had announced its impending closure, or hiatus as we prefer to call it, and my potential new career in Pride Pro Wrestling didn’t work out, then I discovered Honor Wrestling, partially through Caleb’s work with the company since he signed up for the company in late 2017 and once it became clear that Pride Pro wasn’t going to work out the way I hoped I signed on the dotted line, and you know what? I was a lot happier in Honor Wrestling than I had been in SCW in years!”

There I said it.

“I signed up for the rebooted SCW because it was the fed that put me on the map over the past six years and because I had unfinished business, and anyone who had watched SCW for the past year knows what I’m talking about, however because I was the only one willing to speak the damn truth about Parand Ara’s return to SCW a few months ago I got a indefinite title shot ban from a pair of power hungry egomaniacs who think they know how to treat talent, news flash, they don’t, Honor Wrestling respected talent because they didn’t let their personal bias get in the way of anything and that fact is the reason that I’m defending my Honor Wrestling Legacy Championship next week on Climax Control against a woman who I’ve already defended the title against, Ella Singleton!”

I said as I shook my head.

“I swear, the only reason I’m defending the title against Ella again is because she was the first Honor Wrestling wrestler to make the jump to SCW, otherwise I’m pretty sure that someone a lot more qualified than her would be getting the shot instead! Don’t believe me? Go back and watch Zero Hour II, I kicked Ella’s ass all over the Six Sided Ring and setting aside the fact that the ref had forgotten the fact that I had named Ladder Match as the stipulation for the match, I won the match decisively, the only reason I’m defending the title again is because Mark and Christian are petty morons who can’t stand the sight of me being successful!”

I said as I held up the title.

“Here’s another news flash, I have been successful since winning the title, defended it against the likes of Winter Elemental and Ella Singleton before the merger and post-merger? I’ll take on all comers to show just how wrong the bosses were to impose the title shot ban! Did I campaign a bit too much for World Bombshell Title Shots? Maybe but only because idiots that I know I can beat are being protected from having to face me and lose the title to me thus finally ending my quest to become a grand slam champion, something that would’ve happened a long time ago if the SCW referees knew how to do their fucking jobs! This Sunday will just be another way for me to prove how wrong the higher ups are when I kick Ella’s ass for the second match in a row!”

And with that, I decided to wrap things up.

“In fact, I’m not taking this match seriously, as far as I’m concerned, my match against Ella Singleton is just a case of same shit, different week which I will be tweeting out when I get back to the hotel by the way! Ella, you couldn’t beat me in Honor Wrestling, what’s going to be different here in SCW with the same title on the line? Different venue! This is the “Heavy Metal Angel” Jessie Salco signing off, here to show SCW fans how things were done in a promotion ran by people who know what they are doing by kicking Ella Singleton’s ass again!”

I walked off with the boys as the scene fades.