Author Topic: “From One War To Another!”  (Read 754 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“From One War To Another!”
« on: October 10, 2022, 08:29:10 PM »
The Main Event between Ariana and Melissa proved to be a brutal affair all thanks to the stipulation that the wheel stopped on, namely Falls Count Anywhere! Melissa didn’t wait to start the match either as she followed the SCW tradition of starting the match next to the Roulette Wheel but in the end, Ariana’s reign as Bombshell Roulette Champion survived to see another day as Ariana pinned Melissa are she sent Melissa and herself through a stack of tables off a 15-foot drop!

Now the only question that remained was what happened to the Roulette Title Match at High Stakes XII as Jessie Salco was still the #1 Contender and she was set to challenge Ari for the title at the biggest show of the year whilst also being scheduled to face Melissa in the Chamber of Extreme Match! Before that question could be answered though, Ariana and Krystal had a huge opportunity in front of them as the two young women were teaming up to take on Team Hero in what was likely Team Hero’s last ever tag team match before Keira called it a day on her wrestling career! Ariana was a Team Hero fangirl long before she started training at the Go Gym but what condition would the Greek American Bombshell be in for the match?

Northern Nevada Medical Centre, Sparks, Nevada
Monday the 10th of October 2022, 03:25am

I’m beginning to see why Krystal is so fiercely protective of her Roulette Title reign.

I’m well aware of the fact that the Roulette Titles are at the bottom of the totem pole in SCW, to the point where several wrestlers flat out refuse to have any part of the division! But after seeing what her title reign did for Krystal’s confidence last year I was excited to start my own journey with this title after I won it at Violent Conduct VIII last month! The first defence against Seleana wasn’t that bad, or at least as bad as it could be, sure the Submission Match took us both out of our comfort zones but we adapted and in the end I retained the title.

Then came my second defence, the rematch against Melissa in this week’s Main Event, and to say that things got turned up a notch is an understatement to say the least!

Why? Three words: Falls Count Anywhere! I knew from the moment the wheel stopped on that stipulation that I was going to be in for a fight and Melissa didn’t disappoint! Well, maybe she did, in that she attacked me before I even knew what was happening! I don’t remember how the match ended, the last thing I remember is hitting a cross body on Melissa to send off the stands and to the floor bellow only to go with her.

I’m sure there’s a joke about the prevalence of lesbians in women’s wrestling that can be made there, but as one of the very few straight women in this sport they don’t really apply to me! The point is that I’m not sure if I made it out of the show as champion.

”Oh good, you’re awake.” Francisco greeted me as I eased myself up in bed, I was alone in the hospital room with my boyfriend and I’m sure that sounds like a perfect scenario for a “post-match celebration” but even if I knew the outcome of my title match against Melissa, I was too sore to even think about inviting him into my hospital bed for a round of sex! Besides, the nurse would probably interrupt us before I even got his shirt off! ”You gave me a real scare there.”

”Sorry Franky but after Jessie’s stunt last week? I felt like I needed to one up her to show how serious I was about defending the title.” I apologized with a pained grunt as I made myself comfortable. ”Speaking off, I don’t remember anything after crashing through the tables, I just kinda blanked out after that point.”

”You were out for a long time, but I do have some good news.” Francisco responded before he grabbed the Bombshell Roulette Title and handed it to me. ”As luck would have it, you landed on top of Melissa in that wreckage and it was more than enough to keep her down for the three count.” Francisco explained and I grinned broadly, even through all the pain, I was glad to have survived the second defence of my reign. ”Carter and Krystal were worried sick but they left after the doctor assured them that you were going to pull through, I volunteered to stay behind to give you the news.”

”Two defences down, one to go! At least as far as his cycle goes.” I responded with a grin as I shifted my weight. ”Where’s Carter and Krystal now?”

”Carter went home after the doc gave us the news and I didn’t see any bruises on his face but he did mention that Laz was in Canada for the week when he came over to meet Athena.” Francisco explained and I nodded as I got the idea. ”Krystal went out drinking with Fenris, no I don’t know what she was thinking either!” Francisco added and I shook my head, Krystal wasn’t exactly known to be a heavy drinker so maybe she just wanted a distraction from the situations with Mercedes, Cassie and Team………

”Can’t believe I forgot about this! Did the bosses approve me and Krystal as Team Hero’s last opponents?” I asked as it came to me and Francisco passed me my phone, the first thing I saw? The new card text, the second thing? Carter’s title match against Miles, the third thing? The Main Event! ”Two Main Events in a row, at least I’m not defending my title this time!”

”And with it being the Go Home Show, they’ll probably be rounding out the card for High Stakes XII to boot, not to mention announcing this year’s Hall of Fame Class.” Francisco nodded in agreement as I looked over the rest of the card. Honestly? After a cycle that saw every new champion defend their title at least one (and the Internet Champions lose their titles on the first defence) this one seemed rather low key, with the only title match being the one between Carter and Miles that was announced last week. ”Krystal’s faced Team Hero before, she’ll have a good game plan for the match!”

”I don’t doubt that for a second, but that’s not the reason I jumped at the chance to be Krystal’s tag partner for their match.” I admitted earning a curious look from Francisco. ”If I can be totally honest for a second? Back when I was in my mid-teens and still a mere SCW fan? I was a major Team Hero Fangirl, to the point where I had a Team Hero Poster in my room!”

”That does explain a lot to be fair, but you know Team Hero aren’t going to make this easy for you or Krystal, right?” Francisco asked and I nodded without hesitation because honestly? I was expecting it. ”Also, the Go Sisters?”

”That was my idea, Krystal wanted to keep the original Team Go name, well, going, I came up with the Go Sisters name to separate the team of me and Krystal from my original team with Carter.” I explained as I ran a hand through my hair and Francisco nodded as he got the idea. ”I saw that the bosses used the Team Go name instead so I’m guessing Krystal got to them.”

”You’ll have to ask Krystal that when you’re discharged tomorrow, once she’s recovered from her hangover that is, hopefully by then we’ll have an answer for your defence at High Stakes!” Francisco explained and I nodded as I got the idea, a few minutes later we were interrupted by a nurse who said that Francisco’s visiting hours were up and that I needed to rest for he head home.

A few weeks before High Stakes and I’m lying in a hospital bed thanks to circumstances surrounding the Bombshell Roulette Title, what year is this again? Joking aside, at least I’m the champion this time around and unlike last year I won’t be spending the morning of my 22nd birthday getting stitches removed, you know, unless the Roulette Wheel dictates otherwise because this year my birthday is falling the day after High Stakes XII!

And much like Krystal did last year, I was heading into a huge match on the Go Home Show! Difference was it was a tag team match and my title wasn’t on the line, still I knew I could rely on Krystal in this match!

Whether we could neat Team Hero was another question all together!

Ariana and Francisco’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 10th of October 2022, 13:00pm

It’s the simplest things in life sometimes.

I was discharged from the hospital and given a prescription for painkillers before I returned to Las Vegas, I knew that he Go Home Show was going to take me and Krystal to Laughlin before the Gold Coast hosted the biggest event of the year so it’s not like we needed to travel far.

But the travel distance was far from the only thing on my mind right now, for the second year in a row I had been roughed up for a title! At least this time it was whilst defending the thing and owing to the random nature of the Roulette Division it could’ve been a lot worse than a Falls Count Anywhere or something more merciful than that match type! Like I said before, for most of Krystal’s title reign I was her main confidant, I saw first-hand how nasty the wheel could get and how merciful it could get in equal measure.

In other words, for every regular match type like a Lumberjack or Submission match, you were just as likely to get something like a Falls Count Anywhere or worse! I knew the risks heading into the division when I found out about the Triple Threat that led to me winning the Bombshell Roulette Title, if anything this title is tougher than the Bombshell Internet or World Bombshell Titles to defend because of it’s random nature but everyone who’s held both titles were well aware of the risks heading into the championship match that saw them win the title.

It was a risk Krystal lived for whenever she defended the title, now that I’m champion, can I live up to her standards? If you want to get technical about it, I’ve already done that by successfully defending the title twice, heck I had to do that before my first PPV as champion, Krystal only had her first defence and that was it.

My train of thought was interrupted by a soft meow as Athena rubbed her body against my leg, purring the whole time and I grinned.

”Hey Athena!” I greeted the kitten before I bent down from my computer chair to pick up the kitten, was it fate that this young stray kitten happened upon me and Francisco’s driveway that morning? Who knows? She wasn’t feral and was affectionate towards us, she had a clean bill of health when we had a nearby vet (the same vet Krystal uses for her dogs at that) do a medical check on her and when no one claimed her after 24 hours we were allowed to adopt her, either way she had been a welcome addition to the house. ”Only been in my life for a fortnight and I can’t even imagine my life without you.” I sighed as I stroked the kitten whilst she made herself comfy on my lap.

”Either you’ve gotten the start date of our relationship mixed up or your talking to the kitten.” Francisco teased me as my boyfriend entered my office, when he saw me stroking the kitten he smiled warmly before giving her a scratch behind the ears. ”Then again, that could also apply to the Roulette Title.” Francisco added as he motioned towards the title that was sitting on my desk, before Athena came up to me I had been daydreaming about the past few weeks whilst staring at my newly won title and for good reason too.

There was a small window for each new champion for when they could show how their reign would be remembered, either a fluke reign that ended after one defence or a decent to great reign once they got past that point, it was a question that had been asked of each new champion that walked out of Violent Conduct VIII and I was no exception, did I answer that question with an affirmative yes, I will survive the first defence? Yeah, and so had most of the champions crowned that night, but now that I was past defence #2 and heading into my first PPV as champion? It really put everything into perspective.

I off course had that in mind whilst going over the Melissa/Jessie/me situation that had erupted in recent weeks in my mind, now that Melissa had failed to regain the title I beat her for, what was next for the title situation? And what was in the books for the Chamber of Extreme Match?  ”If it was the title then we’d have bigger problems than that! Considering I’ve been champion longer than I’ve had Athena and all! I’ve just had a lot on my mind regarding the title recently.” I admitted as I let Athena hop onto the desk (after closing my laptop to make sure she didn’t walk over the keyboard) and picking up my title. ”Krystal said that holding onto this title is as tough as it gets due to the unpredictability of the Roulette Wheel, the fact that I’ve gone from a Submission Match to a Falls Count Anywhere Match in my two defences of this title just reaffirms that! But Krystal never went through the same thing I’m going through!”

”This almost makes the feud with Char Kwan look like a walk in the park, and you ended up in hospital because of both occasions!” Francisco pointed out and whilst I shuddered at the bad memory that was SCW’s trip to my home state, Francisco was on the money with the comparison. ”But now you’re going head-to-head with Team Hero in what could be their last match!”

”No pressure right? The Team Hero fangirl taking on Team Hero in what might be Keira’s final Climax Control Match! I bet sixteen-year-old me would be freaking out right now!” I sighed as I leaned back in my computer chair and Athena made herself comfy on a windowsill. ”I know how good I am in the ring and Krystal more than proved herself when she was champion, but can we hang with Team Hero?”

”You always say that if you didn’t believe in yourself, you wouldn’t be where you are today, that goes for your title defences and non-title matches, this tag team match, as huge as it is, is no different.” Francisco pointed out as he kissed me on the forehead and I grinned in response. ”You’ve worked hard to get here, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

”Trust me, I won’t!” I grinned in response before I returned the kiss, this time to my boyfriend’s lips.

Local dog park, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 10th of October 2022, 18:00pm

As I said, I couldn’t risk going to the Go Gym, the chance that I would aggravate my injuries from my Falls Count Anywhere Match was too great and I needed to find another way to work out, luckily Krystal had just the ticket, joining her and Makayla on a dog walk.

Dogs, cats, parrots, SCW’s really gone wild!

”Thanks again for letting me tag along guys.” I thanked the lesbian couple as I walked alongside Krystal who was walking Garrus whilst Makayla had Tali on a tight lead, Garrus and Tali had proven to be great on the lead but we couldn’t risk them seeing a squirrel and dragging me along (and being a German Shepherd and a Golden Labrador respectively, Garrus and Tali could definitely do that and had the strength not even notice). ”Much as I love Francisco and Athena, I needed to get out of the house for a while.”

”Considering you can’t work out at the Go Gym for a couple of days thanks to your Falls Count Anywhere match? It’s the least we could do.” Krystal assured me as Garrus stopped by a bush for a sniff, when he cocked his back leg up we realized that he had stopped for a pee and we looked away to try to give the doggo some privacy. ”Speaking off, I stand by what I said after your title match last night, as concerned as I was for your safety, I can’t say that I wouldn’t have done the same thing.”

”And my reaction would be the same as Carter’s when you told him that you were rooting for him in the Roulette Title Match against Miles.” Makayla chimed in as Tali stopped for a second to sniff the air, was it related to Garrus’s pee break? Who knows? But she was soon on her way alongside Makayla and me and Krystal weren’t that far behind. ”Hell if anything I’d be more direct about it because whilst Carter’s your bestie Ariana, Krystal is my wife! And I don’t need to mind you of how I reacted to Krystal checking herself out of hospital!”

”Babe, I love you but it’s been months since my title match against Kat, can you please let it go already?” Krystal asked with a pained expression on her face and Makayla shook her head in response, I chose to stay quiet on the subject but I was in agreement with Makayla! I couldn’t deny Krystal’s passion or dedication but what she did that week made her a danger to herself and others and she was lucky that she passed that concussion test. ”Anyway, right now my main concern is the tag team match against Team Hero on Sunday, I’ve still got my potential match against Mercedes at the back of my mind but right now the Team Hero Tag Team Match needs to take priority!”

”Same here, just replace Mercedes with either Jessie or Melissa, or even both!”  I responded with a nod of agreement before I spotted another dog walker coming our way, I couldn’t see what dog they had with them but it was obvious they had one on a lead and I motioned towards the other dog owner. ”I know Garrus and Tali get along with each other obviously, but what about other dogs?”

”Tali shared her kennel with two other labs and we made sure to socialize Garrus with other dogs when we first got him, they’ll be fine.” Krystal assured me as the Aussie woman tightened her grip on Garrus’s lead. ”We wouldn’t bring them to this dog park if they weren’t.”

”Whether the other owner did the same with his dog is another question entirely.” Makayla chimed in as the other dog owner rounded a corner and I got a good look at the other dog, it was a Rottweiler, a breed known for it’s aggression but the big guy seemed happy go lucky and was happy to see Garrus and Tali. ”He’s not going to be a problem is he?” Makayla called out to the other dog owner who looked up and saw the three attractive women walking the two dogs towards him, if it wasn’t for the clear wedding ring on his finger he’d probably think that it was his lucky day.

“Who? Max? Nah he’s a big softie, still a puppy actually!” The other dog owner assured us and sure enough when the three dogs met there was some sniffing, some playing but generally nothing too rough between the three dogs. “Hey, haven’t I seen you girls wrestle for Sin City Wrestling?” The owner asked as he motioned to me and Krystal and we shared a look, I was surprised this hadn’t happened earlier in my career to be honest. “My kids are huge fans, especially of Krystal Wolfe and Ariana Angelos!”

”Well, you’re in luck, you happen to be talking to them right now!” I responded as I motioned to me and Krystal and the other owner grinned broadly, by the end of the encounter we had met a new dog and I had signed the first autographs of my mainstream wrestling career. ”Surprised it took me that long to sign an autograph considering I’ve been on the SCW Roster for six months!”

”If it makes you feel any better? I didn’t get my first seeker until a month into my title reign.” Krystal admitted with a shrug as we went our separate ways from the other owner. ”I bet the end to your title match last night has something to do with it.”

”Thanks for the reminder Krystal,  Ari I can appreciate the fact that you needed to make sure that Melissa was going to stay down for the count, but don’t scare us like that again! Krystal told me that she nearly had a heart attack and that was before Carter’s reaction on Twitter.” Makayla added and I winced at her tone of voice, I guess I should’ve seen it coming really but still. ”I don’t mean to sound like a nag but what were you thinking?”

”Honestly? It was the fact that Jessie ended her #1 Contenders Match with a crazy stunt and I felt I needed to top her.” I admitted with a shrug and the two older women gave me a sceptical look. ”I saw the insane lengths that Jessie was willing to go through to get that title shot up close and two thoughts ran through my head in the aftermath of that match, 1: “I’m not signing this contract until I know for sure that I’ll be entering High Stakes XII as Bombshell Roulette Champion” and 2: “Jessie needs to realize how serious I am about retaining the title, if the next title match ends up being a No DQ Match of some kind, I’m going to find a way to top Jessie!”

”As insane as it sounds, I get it, I had trouble getting taken seriously during the early days of my reign and if I were in Ariana’s shoes? I absolutely would’ve done the same thing.” Krystal nodded in understanding and Makayla gave her wife a shocked look. ”You’re not a wrestler Makayla, you wouldn’t get it but does usually boil down to a game of one-upmanship.”

”You’re right, I don’t get it.” Makayla sighed as we continued the walk. ”And I don’t want too either!” Makayla added and I did pick up some of her Greek accent poking through as she said the second bit, being of Greek descent myself did make it easier for me to detect I guess, and it usually meant that the topic upset Makayla in some way so we dropped it and continued to walk the doggies.

Local dog park, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 10th of October 2022, 14:30pm

*promo time*

After the walk, I opted to stay behind and get my promo done for the match against Team Hero, Krystal was planning to do hers later in the week so she and Makayla headed back to the car park with the dogs to wait for me.

”Last night at Climax Control, I was involved in a war, frankly I can’t imagine a better descriptor for the Falls Count Anywhere Match between me and Melissa but it’s a war that I ultimately won and retained the Bombshell Roulette Title in the process.” I stated as I sat down on a park bench and folded my arms. ”But the wheel has once again proven to be a cruel mistress because one week after that brutal match, I’m teaming up with one of my best friends in wrestling to take on a legendary team in what will likely be their last ever match! You’ve heard me and Krystal talk about this on last night’s show, it’s Team Go, or The Go Sisters as I prefer to call them, vs. Team Hero!”

Oh my god.

”The old saying goes that you should never meet your heroes, in this case that phrase has a double meaning too me.” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”The first meaning is rather obvious to be fair, it’s right there in the team name, Team Hero! But it’s time I was honest about why I was so eager to accept this match and be Krystal’s tag partner, growing up as a wrestling and SCW Fan? I was a Team Hero Fangirl! I had posters of these women in my bedroom for Christ’s Sake and now I’m facing them in Keira’s potentially final Climax Control Match? I’m not going to lie, if I went back in time and told sixteen-year-old me that this was happening six years in the future, she’d be ecstatic!”

But can I beat them?

”But on the other hand? Can me and Krystal get the win?” I asked as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I’m three years into my career, Krystal’s five years into hers, Team Hero are a lot more experienced than us and have been teaming together for a lot longer than me and Krystal combined, it would be easy for me to say that I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe in myself because it’s true but with all due respect that everyone else I’ve faced since winning my title? This is bigger than either of my title defences!”

You heard me!

”Maybe that’s the Team Hero fangirl in me rising up to the surface but it’s true, a win here would be the biggest win of me and Krystal’s careers but even just proving that we can hang in the ring with two certified legends of the wrestling ring? I can’t even begin to describe what that would do for our wrestling careers!” I added as I stood up and started walking around again. ”On the other hand? Krystal’s goals in this match are more selfish, she’d be the first to tell you that she’s been after a tie breaker with Keira for months and a chance at facing Team Hero away from Matthew Kennedy’s influence? She’s chomping at the bit for this but if our goals can align? Maybe we can pull it off!”

It's that simple.

”You told us to bring you our best Keira, and I’m sure Roxi agrees with you, but Krystal hit the nail right on the head, bringing anything less than our best to this match would be an insult to Team Hero’s legacy!” I added as I shook my head. ”And I refuse to let anything diminish a literal dream match of mine since I entered the Go Gym four years ago! This is the best warmup match me and Krystal could’ve asked for heading into High Stakes XII but can we pull it off?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Can we end the unbeaten streak of Team Hero? Win or lose, me and Krystal are out to give the Team Hero name a retirement match worthy of their legacy.” I added as I headed towards the parking lot. ”But it’s time that the era of Team Go started and whilst I’m going from one war to another thanks to last night’s Falls Count Anywhere Match? I’m not backing down ad if I can make Team Hero bask in the Greek Angel’s Light, whilst I want to win, I’m not going to lie, Keira, Roxi, by just accepting this match you’ve made all the torment a Team Hero fangirl endured worth it, thank you from the bottom of my heart and I’ll see my heroes in the ring!”

I headed towards the parking lot as the scene fades.