Author Topic: PETER VAUGHN (c) v EDDIE LYONS - ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
PETER VAUGHN (c) v EDDIE LYONS - ROULETTE TITLE
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:57:25 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Eddie Lyons

• View Profile
Charm.Strikeout
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 10:52:42 PM »
Eddie Lyons heads into his third championship opportunity in Sin City Wrestling. His mind is a mix of different emotions, he’s determined to bring home the gold this time, but also fears that if he comes up short he might be seen as a choke artist, or a flash in the pan. Someone who will always reach for the brass ring, but never be able to actually reach it.

He recent loss to Austin James Mercer weighs on his mind as well, where he suffered his first pinfall loss. A loss that he now uses as motivation to bounce back and get back on track before he finds himself derailed. Ending the dominant reign of Peter Vaughn and capturing the Roulette Championship would certainly push him back into a correct course of action.

And that’s just what he was going to do.[/i]

1:01 PM on  Monday
The Lyons Den Training Facility
Charlotte, North Carolina
Off Camera

The audio of his cellphone was audible to anyone in the weight room with Eddie, as he rewatched his match with Peter Vaughn back at Violent Conduct IX, as he had been obsessively over the past week and a half or so, looking for anything he could use to improve his game in this go-round.

"....Here is your winner by Knockout and STILLLLL the SCW Roulette Champion: PEEEEETTTTEEERRR VAAAAAUGGGGGHHNNN!...."

"That... that was just disturbing to watch. I hope Eddie is okay...."

..."As I've told you many times before. That's the risk with this division. Eddie knew what he was signing up for. Just didn't work out in his favor...."

“It was the damn sledgehammer..”  Eddie muttered to himself, “I should have never brought in that damn sledgehammer…”

With a heavy sigh he putt he phone back in his pocket, just as he heard the voice of his friend and favorite training partner Cleo Phillips approach him.

“Yo, Eddie you good over here?” she said in her friendly Urban tone, “I heard you might be acting a bit gloomy or something.”

“No, I’m alright.” he replied, as they shared a fist bump, “Just getting into my head, another big championship match coming up, and I really don’t want to fail this time. I want to bring home a championship for Christmas. I don’t want to let this one slip away from me. I need to figure out how to beat Peter Vaughn. I want to be the one that puts an end to his seven months as champion, and I need to get a little redemption for him knocking me out too.”

“Hey, don’t get all caught up on revenge now.” Cleo said, “I played that game too many times when I was still out on the streets thuggin’. It never solves anything. Peter Vauhgn got you, that’s it. You can’t dwell on it. Just accept it, move forward and focus on what’s important. That’s you bringing home a championship to The Lyons Den.”

“It’s not so much revenge, I just want to even the score.” said Eddie, “I can beat him, I know I can. Roulette rules make it so anything can happen, it makes it harder to prepare when you don’t know what sort of contest you’ll be having.”

“Yeah, I feel you.” Cleo nodded, taking a seat next to Eddie on the bench, “But you just gotta deal with it, you know? Vaughn probably thought he was done with you, after knocking you out. But since then you’ve grown, and improved your game. Peter Vaughn beat an Eddie Lyons that was still getting his feet wet. Now he faces one that has truly started to establish himself as an SCW superstar. He’s not facing the same Eddie he did a few months ago, and if he thinks he is, then ending his reign will be easier than imagined."

“I don’t think Peter’s that ignorant.” said Eddie, “He’s been champion this long for a reason. He’s smart, cunning and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done,and he can read his opponent like a book.”

“Well, I know one thing is for sure.” said Cleo with a smile , patting Eddie on the back, “He knocked you out, but he didn’t break you. You still have your unbreakable spirit. Where many would have walked away or given up, you find a way to press on. You find a way to make yourself better. It’s going to pay off for you one day and I know it.”

“Well, hopefully that day is December 2 Dismember.” said Eddie.

“Well, I know one more thing for sure.” said Cleo with another grin, “If you don’t train, then you won’t be winning anything, so we gonna go find a ring or you just gonna sit here replaying that damn match thirty more times?”

Eddie sighed heavily, Cleo was right and he knew it. He just had to find his headspace, and sitting around watching matches wasn’t going to win him anything.

“Yeah, fine.” said Eddie as he rose to his feet, “Lets do this, I’ve got a championship to win.”

“I was hoping you’d say that.” said Cleo rising to her feet as well, “Plus, I have to get myself ready for my return to the ring too.”

“Oh really?” said Eddie, “Well, that’s good to hear, lets get to it then.”

With another fist bump, the duo headed out into the ring area so they could find a ring and work on their training.

3:30  PM on  Monday
Off Camera

Eddie lost track of time working out with Cleo, and before he realized it, a couple hours had passed. But it was worth it, no pain no gain. He had a championship to win, and on Cleos side, she was working on her return to the ring. She had gone now, still working on her education she had a class to attend to. She really was someone he admired, having pulled herself from a life full of guns, drive-bys and all sorts of gang-banging to become a World Champion, and an inspiration for underprivileged children. She was proof that anyone can change their life around with hard work and dedication and he was proud to call her a friend.

That’s why he felt he needed to get it together. Where Cleo had to scrape and climb to make it to where she did, he was given the opportunity because of his family name. He was born into it, and while that wasn’t his fault he didn’t want to be seen as being given anything. He needed to keep fighting, to prove that he did belong. His cousins liked to take shortcuts, but not Eddie. Someone had to be the odd one out when it came to the new generation of the Lyons family, and it may as well be him.

And wouldn’t you know it, the aforementioned cousins came into his eyesight, The Pride they had come to call themselves. Eddie exhales heavily as he female, Victoria speaks, the other two flank her on each side, quietly but with a dog-like obedience.

“Hello Eddie.” she says arrogant in tone, with a smirk to match.

“What is it Victoria?”
Eddie replied, annoyed in tone.

“What?” Victoria replies, her smirk never wavering, “Can’t I just say hello to my dear cousin? Maybe I wanted to ask you what you wanted for Christmas. We are family after all.”

“Is that why you’re here then?” asked Eddie, “You want my Christmas list?”

“Already have it.” Victoria grinned.

“Do you now?” said Eddie, still clearly annoyed.

“You want the SCW Roulette Championship.” Victoria said, “You want to stop choking and finally bring home some gold. But at the pace you’re going now, it’s not going to happen. All this training with Cleo, all the coaching from Keevee. That will only get you so far. You need to be willing to get your hands dirty. That’s what’s made Peter Vaughn a dominant champion, he does whatever he needs to to get the job done, and he doesn’t care what people think about it.”

“Well, some of us like to take different routes.” Eddie said, standing to look Victoria in the eyes. “I won’t compromise who I am for quick success and cheap glory.”

“That is why you will never reach your full potential.” said Victoria, “I…We can help you. Look at Vincent. When he started out, he was the same as you. He even had Keevee Kaiser trying to coach him, but he didn’t reach his full potential until he woke up, and kicked Keevee to the curb. Then he became the HWL Affliction Champion,  then his HWL career finally took off and he remained one of it’s top talents all the way until the company folded into itself and closed."

Victoria motions to the other male, as Eddie rolls his eyes.

“And Alex.” she smiled, “Our dear cousin who was forced into exile, only to fight his way back and earn his rightful place among his bloodline. His exile was not our fault, he was exiled due to the sins of our elders. Still he found his way, became a feared competitor among the PWS locker room, until the company closed it’s doors.”

“Well, Cleo says that PWS might be…..” Eddie started

“And then you have me.” Victoria interrupted, “I ran through the PWE roster, and just as I got my hands on a championship, the company closed it’s doors. Point is, Edward. We’ve all held championships for a reason. You need to let go, listen to those inner thoughts, follow my advice and you will become a champion.”

“I don’t need to listen to anyone but myself.” said Eddie, “I’ll handle my career how I see fit. I’m not going to be a follower like Alex, I’m not going to turn on my morals like Vincent, and I’m not going to give into any of your mind games. Didn’t the three of you just sign contracts somewhere?”

“OCW..” said Victoria.

“Great! Wonderful!” said Eddie, “Then go worry about OCW. I’ll handle SCW. I don’t need or want advice from you.”

“Well, don’t come crying to me when you fail to bring home a championship for the third time.” Victoria taunted

“I think I’ll be alright.” Eddie said.

“Alex. Vincent. Come.” said Victoria, “This was a waste of our time. Try not to choke this time Eddie."

The trio laughed, as Victoria led them away, leaving Eddie by himself once more.

“Why do I have to be related to them.” he muttered to himself, “She’s wrong..I don’t need to compromise anything, it’s always been honor before glory. But I have to admit..I’m really wanting the glory part to show up."

He sighed heavily. Beating Peter Vaughn felt impossible, the man was setting records and defeating everything and everyone in his path. But he had to do it, he had to defeat Peter Vaughn, everyone was fallible, even Peter, somehow he had to find a way.

He needed to get some air, so after grabbing his airpods from his bag, he tossed on a hoodie and headed out for a walk.

5:07  PM on  Monday
Off Camera

The walk had helped to clear his head, and thankfully by the time he returned his annoying cousins had departed for the evening, a few students remained doing workouts of their own, in hopes to one day become a graduate of The Lyons Den like Eddie himself.  Keevee Kaiser was known to be a pretty creative guy, and you never knew when he was going to be ready to push a new student out into the wild blue yonder.

That only made Eddie want to work harder, he had all the respect in the world for his coach but he also knew his history. He had a tendency to want to move onto something, or someone new when his current project wasn’t working out like he planned. It happened with talent like Michael Kingsford, it happened with The Cosgroves, The Zakk Attack, it happened with that Sawyer guy.

Thankfully that was a long time ago and Keevee has found success for his new crop of students. Cleo was successful, his cousins as annoying as they were did indeed have the ability to back up their obnoxious mouths. He knew Keevee believed in him too, he was chosen for a reason and it was damn time that he fulfilled his potential, and finally earned the right to call himself a champion.

As he grabbed his bag, and was about to hit the road, he was stopped by his coach, who had apparently arrived sometime while Eddie was on his walk.

“Hey Eddie, I was looking for you.” Keevee said upon his approach, “Heard you left in a huff. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I’m alright.” replied Eddie, “Just trying to get into the right headspace, going into my championship match. I don’t want to mess this one up, I want to bring home this championship.”

“Don’t overthink it too much.” said Keevee, “You know I’ll be behind you no matter what happens.”

“Yeah I know..” said Eddie, “But this will be my third chance at championship gold, I don’t want to strike out, you know.”

“Well, lucky for you this isn’t baseball.” Keevee said with a friendly laugh, “You’re going to be fine Eddie, who knows maybe the wheel will spin something in your favor. It’s the holidays after all.”

“Or it could lead to me getting knocked out again.” Eddie grumbled.

“C’mon, none of that! You’re better than that and you know it.” said Keevee, “You came back from that didn’t you? Now you can show Peter Vaughn that he really should have finished the job back at Violent Conduct, because it’s not going to be a strikeout, it’s going to be third time is the charm.”

Eddie smiled, “Yeah, you know..you’re right. I can do this. I can be the one that pus an end to Vaughn. I mean he already knocked me out right? What more can he do to me?”

“That’s what I’m talking about.” said Keevee with a proud smile,as he patted his student on the back, “Peter Vaughn took advantage of the fact you were still young into your career. But even in the few short months since then, you’ve shown great growth and have become someone he’s going to have to look at as a legitimate member of the SCW roster. A man who made HBC tap out, a man who went to the limit with Miles Kasey. You are not the same Eddie Lyons he faced last time, and I’m not sure he’s fully prepared to face the Eddie Lyons you’ve become.”

“It was because of him, you know.” said Eddie, “He gave my my first loss in SCW. After that I knew I had to push myself harder if I was going to really compete around here. I guess you can say he opened my eyes and made me hungrier.”

“Well, let’s remember Vaughn is still the champion, and he’s still very good.” said Keevee, “I’m sure he’s been watching and knows exactly how much you’ve grown. He’s smart enough to up his game as well, so keep that in mind.”

“I know. I’m ready. I can do this.” Eddie looked straight into his Coach's eyes as he spoke. He was ready, more ready than his first go-around with Peter, and more ready than his go-around with Miles Kasey. He was starting to get the lay of the land some, and find his own momentum. He couldn’t dwell on the loss to Mercer, it was time to move on and it was time to become a champion.

“And I’ll be right there to support you, every step of the way.” reassured Keevee. He truly was proud of Eddie, and wanted nothing more than for him to continue to find success. He would be an amazing champion if he managed to defeat Peter Vaughn. He just had to be sure to keep Eddie focused on the task at hand.

“Appreciate it coach.” said Eddie.

“Anyway, I should hit the road.” said Keevee, “I want to stop by home and see my family before we catch our flight back to Vegas.”

“Yeah, alright.” said Eddie, and the two embrace in what was probably best described as a bro-hug, and then a fist bump before Keevee went about his way leaving Eddie alone once more.

Eddie took one last look around the school, at the trainees still working with some of the other coaches. That was him not long ago. Just another face mong the many unnamed Lyons Den students. Now he was one of it’s stars, someone the new crop was going to start looking to as an example.

Next time he set foot into this place, he was coming as a champion. He was going to show those next in line after him that their hard work will pay off one day. He wanted them to be inspired by him like they were by Cleo, like he was by Cleo. He saw her as the best among the current crop of talent and knew her return to the ring was going to be something to watch, whenever that happened.

But it wasn’t about Cleo right now, it was about Eddie Lyons. It was his story, and it was time for the chapter where he became a champion just in time for Christmas, and then could set off to make 2024 the year of Eddie Lyons.

With a newfound confidence, Eddie took his exit of the school for the day, and eventually found his way back to his hotel room for the remainder of the evening.

9:47  PM on a Wednesday
Somewhere Along The Strip
Las Vegas, Nevada
On Camera

The Las Vegas Strip was as active as usual, all sorts of lights illuminate the scenery around Eddie Lyons and his coach Keevee Kaiser. Eddie looks determined, in his black combat boots, jean jacket, and his very own SCW t-shirt with the word UNBREAKABLE.,and Kaiser in a more laid back style, with his jeans, sneakers and usual 49ers Jersey. Coach Kaiser has also donned a Santa hat, for the holiday spirit of course. The camera rests on them for just a moment, before Eddie starts in.

“So we meet again Peter.” said Eddie, being sure to keep the confidence in his voice. “Last time we met, all you could do was remind me about how much of a rookie I was. You had to go on and on about me needing to impress my family, even accusing me of riding their coattails."

Eddie laughs to himself, and Coach Kaiser just shakes his head.

“That couldn’ be further from the truth.” Eddie continued, “In fact my cousins have soiled the family name for too long. I NEED to be the one to step up and restore some honor. I thought maybe Vincent would do right, but he ended up just like you Peter. Once beloved by everyone, before turning on his morals and turning into someone I don’t even recognize anymore. Victoria? She needs to be in control of everything, it’s all about power with her. She claims to be some sort of woke warrior or free-thinker, but is really just about forcing her own beliefs on others. And Alex? Alex is the biggest follower of them all. You mentioned something about me becoming the black sheep of the family, in reality Alex was the one seen as the black sheep. He found his way into the family on his own,  but still can never seem to stand fully on his own.  The company he keeps are people like Alexandra Calaway, your fellow Roulette champion on the female side. But me? I’m not like any of them and I don’t desire to be. I won’t comprise my morals, I’m not looking to control anyone or anything other than my own destiny and I’m damn sure not a follower. My cousins can brag all they want about how their actions have led them to championships, but that’s not me. I’m more like my good friend Cleo Phillips. A real inspiration who pulled herself from poverty and gang life to become a World Champion, and a public speaker for change. Real change, not the preachy bullshit my cousin Victoria spouts.  I want to inspire our youth and do my part to teach them positive values."

Eddie takes a moment to catch his breath some, and rubs the side of his head A hardcore analyst would notice he rubbed the spot that Peter nailed with the sledgehammer.

“I could have given up after that loss. After you knocked me out.” Eddie said, “But I didn’t. I went on and continued to pick up wins, earned another championship match which I really only half lost in the end, and now earned my way back to you. So which route am I on Peter? The huge blundering bust or the huge superstar?”

Eddie gives a quick shrug to the camera.

“I like to think I’m on the latter path.” he said, “See I’m ready to make 2024 my year, and taking your championship would truly be a great way to start it off. You said yourself that I might be back one day to face you again when I’m a better contender, one that understands what’s needed. You even said I might thank you, and because I am someone who holds their honor in his regard I can admit…you were right. So..thank you.”

Eddie grins, and his eyes get a new fire in them suddenly, almost lighting up.

“Thank you, because you did give me that taste of loss. I mean you really got me good. Knocked me into the shadow realm….my coach told me to say that one.” Eddie said

Coach Kaiser flashes a goofy thumbs up.

“I took that loss as motivation, as you predicted and now I’m back to show you the monster you essentially created.” Eddie continues, “All you did was make me stronger, but you know that don’t you Peter? Because my name has remained in your mouth ever since. You even said I’m putting on career matches. Yet somehow I feel like you want to take all the credit for my success in SCW, and that is something I can’t allow.”

Eddie rubs his hands together, and continues on

“You told Tyler McCulligan that you thought my Lyons Roar DDT looked  pretty painful.” Eddie grinned, “Well, since you didn’t get a taste last time. I’ll be more than glad ot show you exactly what It feels like, just don’t be surprised if that’s what gets me that Roulette Championship. Because of all the names you’ve felled recently,Miles Kasey, Rodrigo Afonso, The Troll and Bill Barnhart, I’m the one that makes you the most nervous. Because deep down, you know I can be the one. I can be the one that defeats you. You won’t admit it, but you know it’s true. You don’t want to face me again, because I’m not the sparkle eyed rookie anymore. You said yourself we tore the house down at Violent Conduct, and that when you’re ready to take a leap upwards, presumably to J2H if I had to guess, that we might meet again.  Well perhaps now, you will be the one thanking me, because that time is now. I’ll gladly take that championship away from you if it’s weighing you down from being able to leap to to the level of someone like our World Champion. You can thank me later for letting you be able to take that next leap upwards.”

Eddie give a confident look to the camera as he continues on.

“I know the Roulette Rules will always throw a wrench into the match.” said Eddie “But wherever it lands, I will continue to do whatever I can to fight with honor because that’s true to me Peter. You may disagree with my style, but it’s who I am and if I’m unable to stay true to myself, then I’ve already lost. So I don’t care where the wheel lands. I’ll still remain true to myself, and I’ll still stay true to my principles and it will still always be HONOR BEFORE GLORY.”

“Happy Holidays Peter.” Coach Kaiser chimed in at the end, as the camera stayed focused on the two, as the scene fades out to black.

4:24  PM on a Friday
Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV
Off Camera

Eddie looked above at the dazzling lights that illuminated Fremont Street, mostly advertisements for the various casinos and buffets, still quite the sight. Since Coach Kaiser had taken some time to go visit the family he had in Vegas, that gave Eddie some free time to take in some sightseeing, and take a short break from training for December 2 Dismember. One did have to find the proper balance of training and relaxation.

In truth he hadn’t gotten to see too much of Vegas. He grew up on the east coast, and his time here was mostly spent focused on his SCW career. Maybe some time to himself would be beneficial. All work and no play made Jack a dull boy as the saying goes right?

As he walked along, his attention was pulled to a Sin City Wrestling poster someone had taped onto a wall. A standard poster bearing some of the top stars, J2H, Finn Whelan, Miles Kasey, Juliana Dimaria, Mercedes Vargas, Peter Vaughn and others.

“One day.” said Eddie, “One day my face will be on one of these. I just need to defeat you.”

He rapped his finger on the face of Peter Vaughn, then sighed. He was getting match focused again, but he couldn’t help himself. It really was in his blood, and the match should be his primary focus.

“Soon enough.” Eddie said to himself.

As he continued on his walk, he came along a bench and decided to take a seat. He thought about his current status in SCW. Could this really be his last championship opportunity for some time if he didn’t pull it off? It very well could be, the company had given him a chance at every Supercard since he signed his contract, and he had yet to get the job done. At some point, they were going to have to try giving others the opportunity, even if Eddie did keep winning his Climax Control matches.

“That won’t happen. I can do this.” he said to himself again.

It was the random, unexpected nature of the Roulette Championship that lay some worry on his mind, but he dare not show it. Not when addressing Vaughn directly anyway. When crunch time came, he couldn’t show Vauhgn any fear or worry that would allow Peter to capitalize on and take advantage of. Eddie had to be the predator, he had to be the lion.

“Strike first.” he told himself.

He had to keep his confidence, despite some of his worry. Life after all was random, you never really knew what was around the corner. So why should he worry about an unknown stipulation. All he had to focus on was one thing, winning. Making Peter Vaughns reign a thing of the past.

He stood up with a sigh, here he was letting his mind focus too much on the match, he needed to find some sort of escape, at least for a few hours. It wasn’t easy for someone like Eddie, as competitive as he was. But he was told his biggest weakness was that he was too serious an needed to loosen up.

“Maybe some roulette.” he thought to himself. It felt a little on the nose but it could be what he needed to find the balance between his match and loosening up some. He could even get lucky and win some big bucks. Nobody would be upset about winning some extra cash.

With no other plans, he took himself to the nearest casino, and looked around for the nearest roulette table, it didn’t take long to find one, where he waited his turn, right now hoping this wheel would win him some cash, before he had to face the one that could help win him a championship.

11:17  PM on a Saturday
Hotel Balcony
Las Vegas, NV
On Camera

Luck was on Eddies side, taking a gamble and landing on black three times in a row, erning himself a nice extra 10K in his bank account, it seemed the roulette gods were pushing in his favor, now he had to take this luck, an carry it with him into December 2 Dismember where he would face a different roulette wheel, a much more dangerous and lethal one.

He had faced this wheel before and gave it the best shot he could but in the end, he would not walk away victorious. But coming in more prepared, and more skilled he’s now more confident than ever to face the wheel again, and hopefully take some some gold.

The scene opens, Eddie is alone, shirtless, on the balcony of a Las Vegas hotel. It’s late, he’s shirtless and has a pair of black sweatpants on. He leans over the balcony as the camera films him from one side.

“They say seven is a lucky number Peter.” he started, “Could it be luck for you, being in your 7th month as champion, or will luck fall into my favor and will I be the one to walk out as a champion for the first time in my career? I can assure you I feel Lady Luck and even a bit of Christmas magic on my side, so I’m feeling really good about becoming the Roulette Champion.”

He pauses for a moment, looking over the scenery below him, a cool wind blows past.

“Of course it’s not all about luck and miracles is it?” said Eddie “I know If I talk too much about luck and miracles, you’ll just come back at me talking about worrying about skill and ability, and how you don’t need luck or miracles because you’ve been one of the most dominant champions in SCW history. So I assure you, I’ve got all the skill and ability to take you down.  I had it last time we squared off, but I lacked two things. Experience, and confidence.”

He sighs heavily once before continuing.

“I gave it my best shot I could at the time, but knowing how dominant and talented you were, it intimidated me.” Eddie continued, “As much as I wanted to be, I knew deep down I wasn’t ready. It was only my third match. A lot to take in, and they gave me one of the best. Any rookie would have been intimidated.”

Eddie then turns to the camera, with fire in his eyes as he continues

“But I’m not just any rookie anymore, and I have the confidence and experience I need. I am the Rookie Standard of SCW, because I’ve set a new standard and raised the bar for what a rookie can be around this place.” Eddie said, “Unbreakable Eddie Lyons is on the rise, because my spirit is Unbreakable, you knock me out? I shake the cobwebs out,  pick myself up and move forward. It’s time for the reign of Peter Vaughn to come to an end. It’s time for a new era to begin, and that era is the Era of Eddie Lyons.”

He takes a couple steps back from the camera, exhaling slightly.

“Nobody will ever be able to take your reign itself away from you Peter.” Eddie continued, “It will go down in history as one of the best reigns ever. But one can take the Roulette Championship from you. In fact in order for your reign to be cemented into history, it sort of has to end doesn’t it? TRUST that I am going to be the man to do it Peter. It’s just something in the air, I can feel it.”

He gives a confident smile to the camera.

“Of course anything can happen.” said Eddie, “All I know is if you thought Lyons versus Vaughn one was impressive, well our second encounter is going to steal the damn show. I think even you will agree to that Peter. In any case, I’ll see you soon…champ.”

Eddie winks at the camera, before he can physically be seen turning it off, just before it turns to static.

Offline Peter Vaughn

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Crisis In Confidence P1
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 11:58:06 PM »
~The van makes its way down the road, having left the city of Dallas behind. It makes its way around a few curvy roads, before coming into sight of the sign at the turn, reading "White Rock Lake". It turns in, heading towards the parking area, before coming to a full stop. Our beloved cameraman (don't believe me? He's got his own Reddit following!) steps out, looking up for a second as the drone flies down towards him. He catches it, and in a nifty piece of editing, the shot changes from his face to a spin-around shot of the park, now shot from his hand-held camera.~

Cameraman: So... if I was a Peter Vaughn, where would I be?

~He turns back and forth, looking over at the signs for the long hiking trails all around the park.~

Cameraman: Ummm... let's make that the last resort.

~Instead, the cameraman heads over towards the picnic area near the lake, where he can see several couples braving the cooler weather in order to have a meal outside. He focuses in on one beautiful lady who is pulling out a strawberry from her basket and giving it to her man to eat from her fingers. The two lean in seductively towards each other... and then both turn, as one, to stare at the camera. They immediately lean away from each other, looking uncomfortable, as the camera shakes for a moment.~

Cameraman: Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. Carry on. Food looks delicious. Yes sir.

~The cameraman hurries away, not wanting to get himself beat up by accident. He sighs, panning across the rest of the crowd, the pier, and the lake, and then turns towards the hiking trail... and then stops. He turns back to the pier, focusing in to where we can see a single individual sitting on a post near the end of it, staring out towards the lake. Having found his 'prey', the cameraman moves out, making his way carefully over the slightly-rickety pier to get to where Peter Vaughn is sitting.~

Cameraman: Hey there, Mr. Vaughn. It's a little chilly to be this close to the water, isn't it?

~For a few seconds, Vaughn doesn't say anything. He just keeps staring out over the water.~

Cameraman: Well, if the cold doesn't bother you, I guess it won't b-bother me either. So how are you doing? Want to cut a promo?

~The silence stretches on... until...~

Peter Vaughn: How'd you find me?

Cameraman: What?

Peter Vaughn: You heard me. How'd you track me here? I didn't tell anyone where I was going. I didn't even let the head office know, so you can't say it was them. So how'd you know I'd be here?

Cameraman: Ummm... well...

Peter Vaughn: Did you put a tracking device on Gabriella? If you did that to her, so help me, boyo...

~Vaughn stands up, uncharacteristically angry. But the cameraman quickly backs off, not wanting to get thrown into the water.~

Cameraman: No! It's... it's nothing like that... I mean, I DID track you, but not through anything like that...

Peter Vaughn: Then how? You hire a spy satellite to follow me around? Pay the government to do your dirty work?

Cameraman: With what money?

Peter Vaughn: ... Okay, fair point. But you found me somehow...

Cameraman: Yes, by your social media presence.

~Vaughn takes a few moments to think about that one, confused.~

Peter Vaughn: I don't have a social media presence. I mostly stay off social media nowadays.

Cameraman: You do, yes. But your fans, well, they're kind of all over it.

~The cameraman gets out his phone and tosses it to Vaughn so it can be recorded. Vaughn takes a look, seeing several pictures taken of him without his knowledge. The last few appear to be at the White Rock Lake entrance and parking area.~

Peter Vaughn: Seriously? Respect of privacy, my ass.

Cameraman: Hey, you're a star, Mr. Vaughn. People love to say they've been in the proximity of someone like you.

Peter Vaughn: A star, huh? That's a laugh.

~Suddenly moody again, Vaughn goes back to his seat on the pier, staring back out onto the water. The cameraman, puzzled, moves to the side of him, being careful where he steps.~

Cameraman: But... you ARE a star, Mr. Vaughn. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Peter Vaughn: You're here because they paid you to be here, camera-dude. Same thing with me. They just pay me to be there.

Cameraman: Well, yes, technically, but they pay you a lot more...

~Vaughn reaches down, picking up a rock from a pile that had been sitting on the pier. He tosses it, causing it to skip across the water a few times before stopping. It's no professional skip, but it's decent.~

Peter Vaughn: You know, I had it all ahead of me, boyo. I had it pictured in my mind. I would find the worthy contender to take the Roulette Championship and continue building it up, and once that was done, I would set my sights on the Heavyweight Division. I would take the fight to all of them that didn't think I was good enough, and plant them all into the ground.

Cameraman: I mean, I 'think' that plan is still...

Peter Vaughn: That PLAN is DEAD and GONE!

~Vaughn angrily throws another rock, and this one doesn't do any skipping across the lake. It just hits with a loud splash before sinking beneath the water.~

Peter Vaughn: I should have seen it coming. I should have planned for other alternatives. I should have had a way to zig when they think I'm going to zag. But it didn't work out. I went in unprepared, and it cost me.

Cameraman: What are you talking about?

Peter Vaughn: I'm talking about how I've been blocked from the Heavyweight Division. Perhaps for 3 months, perhaps longer.

Cameraman: I haven't heard any such thing, Mr. Vaughn...

Peter Vaughn: Then you weren't paying close enough attention. You see, they saw me as a threat, especially when I took down their #1 contender. I should have seen it when J2H demanded a match with me on short notice, rather than waiting for my proper challenge in the future. I should have realized that they wanted me to fail. And it happened. I got pinned by the champ. 1-2-3. Middle of the ring. No distractions from Raven, he was told to stay in the back. A clean loss to the guy they all call a God here... and now here I am, stuck between worlds. Too good for the Roulette Division, not good enough for the Heavyweight Division. Where does that leave me?

Cameraman: ... The Internet Division?

Peter Vaughn: Hah. That's funny, boyo. You're a funny guy.

~Vaughn chucks a few more rocks, rocks he probably gathered himself before sitting here, as the cameraman watches and thinks of how to make sure he doesn't get thrown at next.~

Cameraman: Still, Mr. Vaughn... you've done great things here. You hold the record for the longest reign as the Roulette Champion. What is it up to nowadays?

Peter Vaughn: 217 days.

Cameraman: That's an astonishing number, Mr. Vaughn. And you can continue that by taking down Eddie Lyons at December 2 Dismember. You can go into a brand new year still the Roulette Champion!

Peter Vaughn: Which means I stay put. I stay idle. I keep getting the same challengers thrown at me again and again. I mean, what makes Eddie Lyons worthy this time? I knocked out Lyons at Violent Conduct. Since then, he's had his opportunities to learn from what I showed him, and to become an elite athlete. But he's failed, and now he's been sent back for another bite of the apple... because he couldn't go anywhere else. Just like me.

~The final rock is thrown, splashing across the lake before sinking to the bottom. Vaughn looks at it, shaking his head.~

Peter Vaughn: We're both stuck.

~With that, Vaughn unzips his usual coveralls, dropping them to the ground. Underneath, we can see he's wearing a light t-shirt and what appear to be swim trunks. He looks out over the lake, thinking it over, as the cameraman clears his throat.~

Cameraman: Uhh... it's illegal to swim here, Mr. Vaughn. Mr. Vaughn? Wait!

~But Vaughn doesn't listen. He dives into the cold water, disappearing from sight under the water as he swims away.~

Cameraman: Mr. Vaughn! Come back! That water is freezing! Mr. Vaughn!!

~The cameraman's shouts seem to get the attention of some park rangers, as they can be seen rushing down the pier as the cameraman turns to them. They head for a small raft attached to the pier, set up for rescues when needed. The two men hop in and untie the raft, heading out after Vaughn, who has apparently decided to just swim across the entire lake... or just disappear near the center of it. The raft takes off, chopping through the water, as the cameraman waits on the pier, anxious and helpless. He brings the camera lens back down, focusing on Vaughn's discarded coveralls, as we fade out.~

~As the picture comes back up, we find Peter Vaughn sitting in a back room, covered in towels. A woman walks in, staring at him for a moment before handing him a smoking cup. Vaughn takes it, drinking down the liquid, before glancing down at it.~

Peter Vaughn: That's not coffee.

Ranger: No. It's peppermint tea. But you need something hot in your system after that swim.

~Vaughn shakes his head, putting the cup to the side.~

Peter Vaughn: I'm fine.

Ranger: You're NOT fine. That was a dangerous swim you just took. That water was a low enough temperature that you probably wouldn't have made it back to shore.

Peter Vaughn: So you doubt me. Just like everyone else.

Ranger: "Doubt you"? I don't even care about you, sir, other than that I didn't want a dead body floating in my lake. Now you drink that tea, right now, and then we'll talk about what's going to happen next.

~The ranger leaves, as Vaughn looks over at the still-steaming cup of peppermint tea. He picks it back up, taking another sip and wincing.~

Peter Vaughn: Needs more alcohol.

~He holds onto the cup, using the warmth at least, even if he hates the taste. He's still holding it when the door opens, letting in the midst of an argument.~

Ranger: I didn't say you could go...

Sadie Anderson: No, it's what I said that matters. Peter? Are you okay?

~Vaughn's fiancé, Sadie Anderson, comes into the room and crosses to him, giving him a hug. He reciprocates with one arm, not wanting to spill the tea... in any fashion, really.~

Peter Vaughn: I'm fine, Sadie. I just need them to bring me my set of coveralls and I'll be out of here. They wouldn't let me go back for them when they grabbed me.

Ranger: When we pulled you from illegally swimming in the lake, you mean?

Peter Vaughn: I still don't get that. It's a lake. It was built for swimming. Okay, so maybe this one's also for resources, but still, making swimming illegal? That seems unconstitutional.

Sadie Anderson: All that matters is that you're okay, Peter. I've got you a set of clothes from the ranch. Get changed and we'll get out of here.

~Sadie hands over a bag, with Vaughn heading off to the side to change. He doesn't seem too concerned with modesty, as he throws off the towels. Fortunately for us, there's a strategically placed plant sitting there. The ranger looks away, focusing on Sadie instead.~

Ranger: I don't know that I can just let him walk away, Miss Anderson.

Sadie Anderson: You know as well as I do that the best you can do for this is fine him. I'll write out a check right now, and we'll be done with this.

Ranger: It's not just the fine. I also have to take his mental state into consideration.

Sadie Anderson: His mental state?

Ranger: If he was intent on drowning himself...

Peter Vaughn: But he wasn't.

~Vaughn walks back over, already dressed (coveralls are pretty quick, as are the boots). He straightens himself out and turns to Sadie.~

Peter Vaughn: Make sure you pay with a check from my personal account. And make it for a little bit extra, to cover all 'discomfort' this may have caused.

~He kisses Sadie on the side of the cheek, then turns and walks out the door. Sadie watches him go, before turning back to the ranger, who is shaking her head.~

Ranger: Just keep an eye on him, Miss. That's all I'm saying. Something's just not right.

Sadie Anderson: Of course. He's my responsibility, after all.

~Sadie nods, a little distracted as she works to set up payment for the fine. She looks back at the door, wondering if Vaughn is even waiting out there for her. We fade out.~

Eddie. Eddie. Eddie. The fates align again, do they not?

First off, I want to issue you an apology. I should have been focusing more on you. I should have talked to you out at the ring, tested you, and seen if you've become worthy of the Roulette Championship or not. I'm truthful when I say I want the division to be carried onwards, with me or without me, and I should have been putting that energy into seeing if you've grown since I smashed your head in with a sledgehammer.

Not many could say they've grown after something like that, but maybe you're one of them.

But I was distracted, I'm afraid. I was put into the meaningless feuds of others and used as a pawn by them. I let that happen. I should have told them no, I don't care if you've booked me against both of them, I have better things to do with my time. But I didn't. I went along with it, confident in my abilities, and now here we sit, with probably the least promoted match on the December 2 Dismember card. When it really, REALLY should be one of the main events.

After all, I've been unbeatable as the Roulette Champion. I've put on some of the greatest matches ever see in Sin City for the last year, thrilling all audiences and earning that extra money on merchandise sales. You come into this as someone who was once seen as a bright star in the heavens, and now you're threatening to burn out in a fiery end if you aren't able to defeat me this time. Basically, everything's on the line for you... and it didn't get talked about too much, did it? It got wasted.

And that's my fault. So my apologies, again.

So let's start over, Eds. Let's talk about you and me. Let's talk about our history, and how I pancaked you into the ground and knocked you cold, winning one of the most vicious matches I've had in Sin City. Let's talk about your recovery from that, and how you've struggled to make the most of any opportunities that have come your way since. Let's talk about the Internet Title, which I see is still not around your waist. It just didn't go your way, did it, Edds?

But now, thanks to whatever person in management that desperately believes you can still be saved, you've been booked against me again. But have you done enough to earn this assignment, my friend? Do you feel worthy of an epic war for the Roulette Title, one that makes everyone sit up and take notice of how DAMN GOOD this division really is? Are you energized for what's to come, bringing your fight to that squared circle and taking me on with every single bit of energy resting all the way to your pinkies, toes, and other extremities?

I tell you, Eddy, I'm really counting on you to bring the noise this time. I need you to go full power against me and prove that you deserve what you've been given. Because it's really going to disgust me if I've been thrown into another match against someone who doesn't belong there. If that happens, well, in the state I'm in, I can't guarantee what I'll do to you.

Even if the roulette wheel comes up your way and makes it a standard match, I'll still break your leg if you don't give me 110 percent. I swear it.

Does it look like I'm lying?

I'm ready to move on from the division. I'm ready to turn to a new chapter in my life. But I can't just let anyone go by me, Edward. It has to be someone deserving. It HAS to be. Otherwise, what's the point of everything I've put myself through over the last year?

What would be the fucking point?

~Back at the ranch, Vaughn pulls in Gabriella, parking her in his favorite spot. It's a well-protected area, keeping his 'girl' safe from the elements. Vaughn hops out, moving around the truck, as Sadie pulls in with her own vehicle, parking next to him. She hops out, shaking her head.~

Sadie Anderson: You were really going fast there, Peter. Were you TRYING to get a speeding ticket?

Peter Vaughn: Nah, I knew the cops wouldn't come after us out here. They have better things to do with their time. And I do, too. I'm behind on checking on the cattle. Did they ever figure out what was making those two calves sick?

~Vaughn turns to head towards the barn, likely to get his horse, Midnight, out of his stall. But Sadie grabs his arm, stopping him.~

Sadie Anderson: We need to talk, Peter.

~Vaughn raises an eyebrow, looking down at Sadie's arm before taking a deep breath and staring into her eyes.~

Peter Vaughn: Damn. The calves died? You can tell me, I can take it.

Sadie Anderson: N-no! The calves are fine! They just ate some weeds that didn't agree with them!

Peter Vaughn: Oh, so they got a little high? Hah, funny. So what's the problem then?

Sadie Anderson: The problem right now, Peter, is you. You're doing some crazy stuff right now, and it's got me a little concerned. What's with going skinny-dipping in the lake??

Peter Vaughn: Oh, no, I had trunks on. Believe me, I don't need photos like THAT getting out...

Sadie Anderson: THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!

Peter Vaughn: Then what is it?

~Sadie takes a brief moment to calm herself, before focusing back on her fiancé, who is waiting surprisingly patiently.~

Sadie Anderson: Look... you've been like this ever since you lost to J2H. But it's just one defeat! I've seen you bounce back from plenty before this.

Peter Vaughn: ... This one's different.

Sadie Anderson: Why? What's so different about it?

Peter Vaughn: Because... it just is, that's all. You know I've made a lot of money working for Sin City, right?

Sadie Anderson: I suppose so.

Peter Vaughn: Well, I could have been making more. So much more, if I wanted. All I had to do was step up... and the first time I do, the first time I answer their little challenge... well, let's just say that maybe I should just concentrate more on being a rancher here.

Sadie Anderson: Not that I'd mind having you here more often, and not going overseas all the time, but wrestling's in your blood. It's what drives you. You love that Roulette Championship.

Peter Vaughn: Maybe so. And maybe love... is what's destroying me.

~With that comment landing hard, Vaughn turns and walks away, heading to the stalls. Sadie watches him go, a shocked look on her face.~

You see this championship, Eddie? Take a good, long, hard look at it. See the lines criss-crossing the front, the gold shining in the light, and this lovely name patch placed right underneath. The name of Peter Vaughn. Roulette Champion.

I have put my blood, sweat, and tears into this title for approaching eight months now, Eddie. I have fought in Ultimate X matches. Bar brawls. Stretcher matches where I had to be inspirational to win. I've flown off of ladders, I've used every weapon imaginable, and I've brought the heat to every single fight I've had. I've earned the title of the longest-reigning Roulette Champion, and no one out there can take that record away from me.

Certainly not you. You blew your chance at stopping me, after all.

I have done everything in my power to make the Roulette Championship one of the most sought-after titles in the world of professional wrestling. I have put on all-star bouts all around the world, and I'm prepared to do it again at December 2 Dismember. Whatever that wheel comes up with? I'm determined to give everything I've got and more to put on the match of the night.

And yes, I've had the match of the night on several occasions, no matter what those "five-star morons" out there who do the ratings think.

So it's all on you, Eds. Can you keep up with me? If it's a staple gun match, are you willing to aim for the eyes? The testicles? Whatever body part is available? If it's a scaffold match, are you gusty enough to put your health and well-being on the line far above the crowds, seeing your own life flash in front of you if you take a single misstep? If it's inside a steel cell, will you try to strip the flesh from my bones against the side of the cage? Because I can tell you right now, Eds: I'm willing to do all those things to you. And more.

Whatever the stipulation ends up being, I'm coming in there to finish you. And you're going to have to come up with a way to stop me.

I'm still not convinced you're the man to do it, Eddie. But I'm willing to be proven wrong. If you can keep fighting after I've torn you limb from limb, declaring it nothing more than a flesh wound, then you'll earn my respect... and maybe you can even earn the Roulette Championship for yourself.

But if you don't, then the run continues, Eddie. The title will stay around my waist into the new year, as I continue my search for something worthy. Someone that's not you.

And you'll have to live with that. You'll have to live with my crushing your dreams once again into dust, and sending your remains blowing away on the breeze. Actually, that sounds pretty hard to live with, doesn't it?

So bring your A game. Bring the Lion to the tournament grounds and let's see if my gladiator can shut him down. One spear to the throat, that usually works. Or maybe I'll just do it with my bare hands. It just depends on the stipulation, doesn't it?

You must want it badly, in order to be willing to sign up for this match again. I mean, didn't your relatives tell you to back down? That I almost killed you once, and I might finish the job next time, even without meaning to? But you still signed. You at least have the intestinal fortitude to get into the ring with me once more. So maybe... maybe there's a little bit of worthiness there. But I have to see an improvement, Eddie. I have to see you being willing to be great.

Come and get it, Eddie.

Or get ready to once again take the Plunge... and spend some more time in the local hospital, eating Jello through a straw.

~The picture comes back as Sadie sits on the back porch, waiting for Vaughn to come back. She knows that they still have plenty to discuss. As she waits, she's joined by another ranch hand, Keith Cooper, who comes out to keep her company.~

Keith Cooper: So he's still not back yet?

Sadie Anderson: Not yet. But you know Peter. He needs to get this out of his system. Maybe a ride with the cattle will do him good.

Keith Cooper: Yeah. I'm sure he'll shake this off eventually. The man made himself a legend in the wrestling business, after all. He'll recover.

Sadie Anderson: I'm hoping so, Keith. But I have to admit... something about this feels... different. And he's not willing to talk to me about it, which is a little discouraging...

~Keith puts a hand on her shoulder, comforting her.~

Keith Cooper: All you can do is be there for when he comes to you, Sadie. That's how my wife and I have been married for 20 years. You're there when you're needed, even if it's when you're not wanted.

Sadie Anderson: I appreciate that, Keith. Truly. We just need to talk things out, that's all.

Keith Cooper: Hey, is that him returning now?

~The two turn towards the sound of a trotting horse, coming back out of the darkness. The horse gets closer, and we can see it's Midnight, returning home on pure instinct... as he's currently riderless. Keith and Sadie both jump up, surprised, as Midnight stops in front of them, giving a guttural neigh towards them, ready to be fed. Keith steps off the porch and grabs Midnight's reins, looking him over.~

Keith Cooper: I don't see any injuries. No signs of anything that would have made him buck...

Sadie Anderson: But... but where's Peter??

~Sadie immediately starts to jog towards the barn to get her own horse, as Keith brings Midnight with him. He also pulls out his phone, quickly pressing a number.~

Keith Cooper: Call the boys up. We've got a missing man to find.

~They move off, as the camera pans in the direction Midnight came from. There are no sounds. We slowly fade out.~

Offline Peter Vaughn

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Crisis In Confidence P2
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 09:11:45 PM »
~The picture comes up on a shot of the moon, shining through the night sky in-between the clouds. It gives just enough light to see, as the camera pans down, showing us the view of the land around the PMV Ranch. There are lights in the distance, separated amongst the land, moving back and forth as a search party is underway. In the distance, we can hear voices yelling, carrying over the west Texas landscape.~

Keith Cooper: Peter! Peter Vaughn!

Teddy Smitherman: Yo, Pete! Where are you! Boss!

~As the yells continue, carrying into the night, the camera slowly turns, showing another rider nearby. We see Sadie Anderson, Peter Vaughn's fiancé, dismounting her horse as she comes to a cliffside area. She quickly scans the ground, using a flashlight to get a better look. But she doesn't see what she's looking for, as she shakes her head.~

Sadie Anderson: Damn it, Peter... why were you covering up your tracks?

~Sadie sighs as she stands up, pulling off her cowboy hat as she stands there, thinking. She's shown in the past that she's a master tracker, having found Vaughn before when he's ridden off on his own. But this time, even tracing back the tracks of his horse, Midnight, Sadie's come up empty. There's no sign of a disturbance where the tracks stop. There are also no signs of where Vaughn went next, as the ground is too rocky there. Sadie has tried her best, but so far, she's come up short.~

Sadie Anderson: Please don't have done anything crazy, Peter... please...

~Sadie puts her hat back on, getting back on her horse. After doing a half-circle, the horse is directed forward by Sadie, on pure instinct. They head over a rocky incline and further down the land, with Sadie keeping an eye out for any signs. That's when she hears the noise of walking over near her left. She immediately directs the horse that way, breaking through a batch of brush and landing beside the startled man there.~

Cameraman: YEEEIIIII!!!!

~The man jumps back, afraid of getting trampled, as Sadie shines her flashlight on him.~

Sadie Anderson: Who are you? Wait... I know you...

Cameraman: Ummm, it's Ms. Anderson, isn't it? We met when Mr. Vaughn fell through the roof of his building?

~Sadie raises an eyebrow, remembering that scary experience, although it didn't turn out to be nearly as bad as it seemed at first. She jumps off the horse, landing next to him.~

Sadie Anderson: You're the cameraman who's always interviewing Peter, right?

Cameraman: I don't know if you'd call it "interviewing"... but I do what I'm told, yes.

Sadie Anderson: But what are you doing out here, in the dead of night??

Cameraman: Well, I... *ahem*... it's a funny story, see...

~The cameraman glances over his shoulder, back the way he came. The shot quickly shifts that direction as well...~

FLASHBACK

~And in a nice piece of camera switchery, we find ourselves at a long highway nearby the PMV Ranch. Headlights can be seen in the distance, making their way our direction. The van behind the lights finally stops close by, as we can see the cameraman sitting behind it. He stares again at his phone, before looking around again.~

Cameraman: Well, I guess this is the place. Spooky out here.

~The cameraman leans over to the passenger seat, getting his hand-held camera ready. He sets it up to record, knowing that he needs to be ready at a moment's notice. He then starts to step out of the van with it, only to reconsider.~

Cameraman: Nah, I've seen too many horror movies end that way.

~He sets the camera back on the dashboard of the van, before stepping out of the car and walking a few steps away. We can hear his voice as he yells out into the night.~

Cameraman: Mr. Vaughn? Are you here? I've gotta say, I've never been sent actual coordinates to meet for a promo before. I mean, I get it. There aren't many landmarks out here. But still... you are here, right? This isn't some prank, or something worse? Hello? Mr. Vaughn?

~There's no response. The cameraman comes back to the van, not wanting to get too far from it. After all, there could be coyotes out there. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out his phone again to text Vaughn that he's at the coordinates.~

Cameraman: The things I do for this business...

~After a few seconds, there's a ding on the phone, and the cameraman looks down at it.~

Cameraman: "Come to the light"? What light? There's no freaking... oh.

~The cameraman looks off into the distance, apparently seeing something that we cannot. He grumbles to himself before walking that direction. We hear his feet crunching away as he gets further towards the light, leaving the camera behind. He'll regret that decision shortly. More footsteps are heard, and suddenly Peter Vaughn is sliding into the driver's seat. He looks down, making sure that the cameraman left his keys.~

Peter Vaughn: Perfect.

~Vaughn slams the door shut as he starts up the engine, pulling the van away and doing a U-turn. He heads back in the opposite direction, as we can heard yelling behind him, fading away.~

Cameraman: Wait! Mr. Vaughn! Don't leave me out here!!

~Vaughn doesn't look back. He's clearly got a goal in mind. He needed a ride to accomplish it, and so he made it happen. Sure, he could have tried Uber, but they can be unreliable out in the middle of nowhere. As he drives, Vaughn notices the hand-held camera sitting on the dash. He shakes his head, before turning it towards him.~

Peter Vaughn: Big mistake leaving your equipment running, boyo. Plus, of course, leaving the keys in the ignition. We're going to have a long talk about security concerns when I see you next.

~Vaughn smiles for a second, but his smile quickly fades away, as he can't seem to maintain the relaxed view he usually carries. He drives on for a minute, before beginning to talk to the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: You know, when I came to Sin City early in 2023, it was for one purpose: taking the wind out of Matthew Knox's sails. I wanted to make the third Raven pay, while also helping out one of my few friends, Mac Bane. If I'm honest with myself, I never planned on staying this long. But there's something about Sin City. It can get under your skin like nowhere else, keeping you invested in the competition.

~Vaughn continues on down the highway, heading to an unknown destination, although he doesn't seem hesitant at all in driving there. He's likely been there before.~

Peter Vaughn: Now, we're almost a year into my tenure here. During that time, I've become the two-time Thunder Pro Wrestling International Champion. I've become a two-time WGWF World Heavyweight Champion. And I've even won the Outsiders World Championship, a fed I never expected to make a return appearance in. And through all that, in SCW... I've been a Roulette man.

~Vaughn's phone lights up, presumably from the cameraman trying to call him. Of course, it could easily be one of the many people currently searching for him as well. Either way, he ignores it, intent on speaking to the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: Some would say I've had my best run of the year in Sin City. Others would say I've wasted my potential, never rising above the Roulette division.  It's hard to say which side is right at this point. But here I sit, set to wrestle for the Roulette Championship at my fifth straight Pay-Per-View. By the time December 2 Dismember comes around, I'll have been champion for 225 days. That's a nice, round number, isn't it? Even if I didn't show, for some reason, they couldn't forfeit the belt until then...

~For a second, Vaughn looks away from the camera, seemingly considering what his future holds.~

Peter Vaughn: Have I done enough, do you think? Or do I have a lot more to do? That's the real question. I suppose some of the answers will come in the new year... and one will be answered at December 2 Dismember. One way or another.

~Vaughn's hands tighten on the wheel, as he turns his gaze back towards the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: I wonder what they'll have on the wheel. Anything I haven't done before? Maybe a Christmas-themed battle? Deck The Halls, where we have to put our opponent's blood on all four walls to win? Up On The Rooftop, where we fight until someone takes a more literal plunge than I'm used to? Or maybe we'll have to scale a line of Christmas lights to reach the title. All possible ideas. All probably a blast, really. There's an idea, an Exploding Gifts match! Then again, Eds might get seriously injured again, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to fully repeat history, after all.

~For a moment, Vaughn taps on the steering wheel, as if thinking it through. He makes a move on the highway, passing by a slow-moving vehicle, probably driven by a slightly inebriated soul.~

Peter Vaughn: I hope Eddie is ready. He's got a lot to live up to. But it could be his night. Then again, it could be mine as well... if I choose it to be.

~He then reaches out towards the camera with one hand.~

Peter Vaughn: Might as well save his battery. Give him one thing he doesn't have to worry about...

~With that, the picture cuts out, as Vaughn's drive continues.~

~We go back to the rocky plains where the cameraman finishes telling his story to Sadie Anderson, albeit without knowing anything about Vaughn's promo given there. All he knows is that Vaughn stole his ride.~

Cameraman: ... So with nowhere else to go, I started heading towards the ranch. I hadn't been there before, but I thought if anyone could help me, it'd be you guys.

Sadie Anderson: I'm sorry Peter did that to you. I can get you back to the ranch, just hop on.

~With one motion, Sadie is back on her horse. She extends her hand, with the cameraman giving her a dubious expression.~

Cameraman: Could you, I don't know, send a cart for me or something?

Sadie Anderson: Just get on. I don't want to waste any more time.

~The cameraman reluctantly grabs hold, managing to get up on the horse, although he looks distinctly uncomfortable behind Sadie. She starts riding, taking them back towards the main homestead.~

Sadie Anderson: So did your van have GPS installed?

Cameraman: Please. I work around wrestlers all the time. OF COURSE I have GPS. I could track exactly where the van is, as long as Mr. Vaughn doesn't disable it.

Sadie Anderson: Good. Then let's get back to my truck and we'll get after him. We need to find out why he's doing all this.

Cameraman: And also, I need my van back.

Sadie Anderson: That, too. Hang on!

~The horse moves from a trot into a gallop, as the cameraman hangs onto the saddle, desperate not to get bucked off as Sadie determinedly moves them along, her next move locked in her mind.~

Sadie Anderson: We're coming, Peter.

~The horse continues on, motivated by its owner, as we cut away.~

Well, Eddie Munster, here we sit. Two days away from what could be the biggest night of your career... or the worst. Or both. After all, you getting paralyzed would be a horrible day, but it would also be considered as a major event in your wrestling life... which would be over.

Not that I'm planning for that to happen. Actually, I'm a fan of Team Lyons right now. Does that surprise you? It shouldn't. As I said, I want someone worthy to challenge me for the Roulette Championship, and I admit, I was concerned about how much effort you'd be willing to put into it. But from what I've heard, you're training night and day for this match. When you're not blowing money in the Vegas casinos, that is.

Quick reminder, kid: the house always wins in the end. So if you're ahead, get yourself out of there and be glad you left with your money back.

Other that that, though, I'm glad you're taking this one seriously, just as I am. You're looking fairly fired up, and I can respect that. You've even latched onto a strong tool of our trade: vengeance. You've got that blood boiling, wanting to get revenge for me acting like Gallagher on you.

Oh, sorry, you're too young. He was a comedian, smashed watermelons at the end of every show? Yeah. Crazy son of a bitch. I don't know if there's anyone comparable to him in recent times.

And don't you dare say Carrottop, or it'll cost you a bruised kidney.

So you've got the motivation to give me the match I crave. But do you have the talent? I guess we'll find out at the PPV if you've truly improved so much as you believe you have. I mean, it's not like it's been years since we first faced off. It was near the end of August, so we're talking less than four months. Can someone make extraordinary gains in that period of time? Certainly. But it's not easy. It takes dedication. And there are usually signs to show it to the world.

You know, like getting lots of victories in recent months.

Now, I will say, Eddie, that on the surface, you're trending that way. I did a quick perusal of your recent history, and you have racked up some wins. The biggest one looks to be Helluva Bottom Carter, who gets credit for getting the last pin on the former heavyweight champion. I mean, I've beaten him too, but it's still a respectful win. Then you've beaten Tyler McCulligan, who, yes, I've beaten. And you took down Rodrigo Alfonso, who I've also taken down... twice.

Some might say that makes us equal, in some ways, huh?

And yet... I defeated the #1 Contender, Alexander Raven, and went toe-to-toe with the champ, J2H. At the same time, you lost to Austin James Mercer, not to mention which you were unable to stop Milo from retaining the Internet Title. So I'd say those are some points against you right there, as to signs for improvement.

By the way, for the record? There's no such thing as a "half-loss". When my tag-team partner gets herself pinned, I still have an L added to the record book. When I'm battling in a six-way contest and one guy gets a lucky roll-up on the jobber in the match, it still lands full marks on me. We don't do half-points in this sport. So toughen up on that, say you took the loss, and man up for the next one, okay?

So physically, have you improved? If you've kept constantly training, I'd hope so. Mentally, though? I'd say the jury is still out. I want to see if you can develop that killer instinct in the ring, or outside of it, depending on what type of match we're having. It's something you have to have, if you want to be great in this business. You know I've got a reputation for being willing to do anything to win. I do have to say, though, it annoys me to hear it brought up in Sin City, strangely enough.

Yes, in other federations, I've rigged up electric shocks to the ropes to 'surprise' my opponents. I've shot up some with tranquilizer darts, and others I've brought in enough troops to be my own army, stampeding over those standing against me. But in Sin City? This has really been the place where Peter Vaughn has stayed... pure. Oh, sure, I've done some major damage in the matches given to me, but everything I've done? It's been within the rules of that particular match. Just like it will be for this contest.

Hell, in my view, I've been damn well noble here.

But you can be a stickler for the rules of the contest, and still be ruthless against your opposition. In fact, for the Roulette Title, it pretty much demands that you have that merciless side, because you have to be willing to go the extra mile. For instance, if you're standing at the top of the turnbuckle, holding a sledgehammer, do you utilize it? Or do you toss it away and hope you can win with a simple elbow drop or something?

Obviously, you know my point of view on that one.

So yeah, Eds, I'm still intrigued to see what you bring to the table in this one. Especially if it's a tables match. Will you try to do things the 'honest' way, bringing in a table and setting it up, hoping to put me through it? Or will you be able to think strategically, and immediately try to put me through the announce table after a sneak attack? If you did that, I dare say I'd be proud of you.

I'd still fight like hell to piledrive you through that same table, but I'd still be proud.

So let's see what you've got, Eddie. Show me that a Lion can be cold-hearted and proud, and you could definitely become worthy in my eyes. Or be like Simba and just lay there, crying, while the ruthless lion does what he has to do.

Roar, boyo. Roar.

~As the shot comes back up, we see Sadie Anderson driving her well-ridden truck, bringing it down the road, as she looks to her side.~

Sadie Anderson: Well? How's it looking? Are we almost there?

~The cameraman is fiddling with his cell phone, pressing several places at once. He looks like he's scrolling through something.~

Sadie Anderson: Hello?? Do I need to turn soon or what??

Cameraman: Oh, uh, hold on a second...

~After a few more adjustments, the cameraman finally has a map on his screen, showing the blinking light up ahead.~

Cameraman: Okay. It should be coming up soon. We'll need to make a right turn about half a mile from here.

Sadie Anderson: And he's still stopped?

Cameraman: Yes, from what I see, the van is stationary.

Sadie Anderson: Thank goodness for small favors. But why is he here, outside of Dallas?

Cameraman: ... Well... he's kind of been here before. Recently.

Sadie Anderson: What?

~The turn-off is coming up on the right, so Sadie gets into the right lane, prepared. She then sees the sign sitting in front of them.~

Sadie Anderson: "White Rock Lake"? Wait... isn't this where Peter...

Cameraman: Yep. This is where Mr. Vaughn went for a swim and got arrested.

~Confused, Sadie pulls into the parking area for White Rock Lake. Nearby, we can see one other vehicle sitting there, parked. It's the cameraman's van. As soon as Sadie parks, the cameraman hops out and hurries over. He reaches under the back tire, pulling out a spare key and unlocking the van. Looking inside, he breathes a sigh of relief.~

Cameraman: I think everything's still here. Well, other than my hand-held. Mr. Vaughn must have taken that.

~The cameraman slams the van shut, as Sadie walks past him, a foreboding look on her face. She's headed straight towards the pier, with the cameraman hurrying to catch up with her.~

Cameraman: What do you think? Did he crack? I mean, it's even colder now than it was earlier...

Sadie Anderson: We just need to find him. Nothing else matters.

~The duo makes it to the pier, where they see a stack of gear laying on the ground. It appears to be another of Peter Vaughn's coveralls, folded neatly on the deck. Sadie shakes her head in disbelief.~

Sadie Anderson: Did he really...

Cameraman: Hey, my camera!!

~The cameraman slips past Sadie, picking up the camera from the post it was sitting on. He brings it back over, quickly rewinding it, as Sadie steps in next to him.~

Cameraman: Thank goodness it didn't end up in the water!

~Sadie glares at him, with the cameraman doing a quick swallow.~

Cameraman: I'm sorry, it's just... it would come out of my salary... anyhow, let's see what it recorded.

~With that, the cameraman gets it playing.~

FLASHBACK

~The image comes up with Vaughn setting the camera in place on the post, making sure it's recording. He nods, seeing that it's on, although he struggles for a moment to get it centered.~

Peter Vaughn: That camera guy makes this look easier than it is. Guess that's why they pay him the small bucks.

~After a moment, Vaughn finally steps back, nodding towards the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: I'm recording this for whoever ends up watching this. Probably Sadie. Hey, darlin'. As you can see, I'm back here where I failed at my attempt to cross the White Rock Lake. Anyone who knows me will realize that I don't deal well with failure. I'm a completionist. It's in my blood. And I don't like to get denied when I've got a goal in mind.

~Vaughn shrugs, acknowledging his weakness, even while giving in to it here tonight.~

Peter Vaughn: When I start something, I have to finish it. I've started a great run in Sin City, even through a few bumps in the road, and I have to make sure I complete the journey, one way or another. I also have to complete this journey, here at the lake. Otherwise, it will gnaw at me for the rest of my life as something I failed at. I don't do failure. Not here. Not in Sin City. Not ever.

~With that, Vaughn begins to get out of his coveralls, even as he positions another bag nearby. Where did he get this bag? Who knows?~

Peter Vaughn: Sadie, I just want you to know, I do love you, more than I have anyone else. I'm not great on that front, you know that, but I still believe in it. I don't see anything going wrong here tonight, but just in case I turn out to be mistaken... I just want you to know that I'm glad to have been in your life. I'll see you soon. I promise.

~With that, Vaughn steps forward, in his swimming trunks, as he shuts off the camera.~

~Silently, the cameraman lowers his hand-held, looking over at Sadie with concern.~

Cameraman: You don't think he really... I mean, that water would be near freezing tonight, wouldn't it?

~Sadie looks over the lake, a mixture of emotions on her face.~

Sadie Anderson: How'd they get him out of the water earlier?

Cameraman: Uh, well, they used a speedboat over on the other side... but wait!

~Sadie is already heading around, intent on getting to the boat, as the cameraman follows behind her.~

Cameraman: You can't use the boat, Ms. Anderson! It'll bring security down here in a flash! They'll arrest us both, and then they'll go arrest Mr. Vaughn as well, and he won't just pay a fine this time!

Sadie Anderson: I don't care. They can lock me up for as long as they want, but first, I'm saving my fiancé! Now get out of my way!

~After a brief tussle, Sadie gets past him, hurrying over to the other side of the pier. The cameraman follows, looking around wildly, wondering how long they'll take to respond. Both come around to the speedboat, looking inside... and Sadie gasps out loud at what she sees.~

Sometimes it's hard to believe what's right in front of your face, Edward Furlong.

I mean, I'll give you the credit for admitting that you felt intimidated by me in our first meeting. I mean, why wouldn't you? You were a newcomer on the scene, trying to impress that all-star family of yours, and I'm one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Of course you'd be intimidated, and I'm sure that played a part, however small, in my victory over you.

But that's where the vision problems come into play, Ed. Because you're saying that now you're not intimidated, and that it won't affect you in our second contest.

The problem is, my friend, I don't think anyone out there believes it.

You're coming into this contest trying to hide what should be as plain as the nose on your face: that you're even more intimidated by me now that I nearly killed you with a sledgehammer. Again, who wouldn't be? I certainly wouldn't be that confident if someone tried to squash my brain and almost succeeded. I've had battles before with guys like Supreme Machine who nearly slaughtered me, and I tell you, that stays in your mind when you have to face them again.

I'm man enough to admit it, kid. There are some guys that will absolutely be in my head before a contest even begins. Guys like Alias, who floored me in the XWF. J2H will probably maintain a place in my mind for a while, until I clear that hurdle eventually. The trick is that you have to use that intimidation as a weapon itself. Forge it so that you can use it against your opponent, turning the weakness into a strength.

The problem is, to do that, you have to acknowledge that it exists.

So do your best to see me in the correct light, Edds. You're frightened of me in some ways, and that's okay. Channel that into your psyche. Use it as fuel. Terror can add a lot of adrenaline into the mix, after all. It might even help you get over the hump, although I don't exactly need that kind of motivation myself. As soon as the night's wrestling begins, I'll be overflowing with energy, that'll fuel me just fine in the heat of battle.

But you could use it, Eds. Just be honest with yourself. Can you do that?

I'm not sure you can. After all, you really believe in that Honor Over Glory nonsense. I've never been too big on the 'honorable' part. I mean, okay, I have my limits. I won't go out and hit a kid, or beat up an elderly guy, or set fire to someone's house. I don't see the point to any of that. But if you have an advantage that's built into the rules of the match, why NOT exploit it? There's nothing impure about that, in my view. Of course, that could be the devil in me talking.

But who knows? Maybe you can prove that it's still possible to be honorable AND relentless at the same time. Anything's possible.

Seriously, though, for this to be match of the night, I truly need you to realize that you've got a bit of fear in your heart regarding me. You probably have had a nightmare or two from that night, waking up after the impact, wondering if you were going to make it through the evening. You have to acknowledge it to move past it. To be the man that I DO see you can become.

You can be great in this business, Eddie Lyons. You CAN be Unbreakable.

You just have to admit to yourself that even unbreakable elements can have flaws.

~Both the cameraman and Sadie stare with their mouths agape, looking down into the speedboat as the man down there acknowledges them.~

Peter Vaughn: Hey, Sadie. Hey, camera dude. Nice enough night for you?

Sadie Anderson: Peter... you're... why are you...

Peter Vaughn: Hold on a second. I think I almost have the hang of this. If I just cross these two wires...

~Vaughn finishes crossing what he's working on, tying them together. And... nothing happens. Vaughn looks at them, scratching his head, before leaning over again.~

Peter Vaughn: Okay, maybe those were for the headlamps. Let me try these two.

~Sadie, still shocked, opts to climb down into the boat, as the cameraman stays above. He's already shifted into work mode, recording the two inside the speedboat.~

Sadie Anderson: I... I thought you were going to swim across the lake? Wasn't that the whole point?

~Vaughn looks up, surprised. He's wearing a different outfit now, but it's more like a sailor's suit top with his swim trunks underneath.~

Peter Vaughn: No, no. The point was CROSSING the lake. I thought you understood that.

Cameraman: Hold on a second, Mr. Vaughn. You tried swimming it earlier today and got arrested. I thought you were trying it again.

Peter Vaughn: Well... I'll admit I thought about it. But I tested that water, and you know what? It's pretty cold now. So taking this speedboat seemed like the smarter alternative. Unfortunately, they're not quite as lax as you are, so the keys to start it weren't here.

Cameraman: Hey, I'll have you know I don't normally leave my keys behind...

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, and I bet you do it even less now. You're welcome.

~Through all this, Sadie's shock is wearing off, being replaced by a wave of anger.~

Sadie Anderson: So... you snuck out away from me. You stole this man's van. And all because of your insane need of completing something??

Peter Vaughn: I... well, I don't think of it as 'insane', per say... but essentially, yes. I'm sorry, Sadie, but you wouldn't have let me drive out on my own to come back here, would you?

Sadie Anderson: Certainly not!

Peter Vaughn: Exactly. So I improvised. Just as I'm used to doing in my career, and just like I'm doing now. Sometimes there are multiple ways to skin a cat, although I've never understood why someone would ever want to do that. Ahhh, here we go.

~Vaughn puts together another set of wires, and miraculously the boat's engine starts up. Sadie looks down, surprised that Vaughn was able to pull that off. The cameraman, meanwhile, is already looking back the way they came.~

Cameraman: That engine's too loud. They'll be coming.

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, we can't wait around. So Sadie... care to join me on this adventure, now that you're here?

~Sadie looks up at the cameraman, who is shaking his head no, and then back to Vaughn. She lets out a deep breath.~

Sadie Anderson: Well, it's not like I can let you out of my sight now, can I?

Peter Vaughn: Heh. Nope. You're stuck with me.

Sadie Anderson: Then... let's get across this lake.

~Grinning, Vaughn makes sure the speedboat is untied from the dock, before looking up at the worried cameraman. He tosses him his set of keys, with the cameraman barely catches with one hand.~

Peter Vaughn: Thanks for the ride, my brother. You might want to get out of here. They'll probably recognize the van. See you next time.

~With that, Vaughn slams the accelerator forward, sending the speedboat flying away from the pier. The cameraman watches them go, then turns, startled, as he can see lights coming on at the nearby ranger station. He gulps, then grabs his camera and makes a run for the van. The final shot goes to Peter and Sadie, as the boat jets across the lake, with Sadie reaching over to hold Peter's hand. He smiles, as we slowly fade out.~

Some would say it's about the journey and not the destination.

I personally consider them both equally balanced, as all things should be.

You're going on another journey with me, Eddie. And I may give you a hard time about our competition, but far be it from me to take away from what you're becoming. Sure, I take a little pride in having started you on that path, as you had literally two choices after I tore you down: either stay broken or build yourself back up. You chose to reconstruct the Unbreakable Eddie Lyons, and while you haven't been tremendously successful since then, you've at least shown that you're better than the average competitor.

Of course, I'm exceptional myself, and we've yet to see if you can reach my level. But you're still better than Barnhart or the Troll, and even better than Rodrigo or Carter.

That's a good thing, boyo.

Now, we're still in my element. The Roulette Wheel can bring up so many things that you might be unprepared for, while I'll have had some experience in something similar. I mean, I've fought in basically every kind of match you can think of. I've gone from high-flying multi-platform affairs to exploding C4 barbed wire death matches. And between you and me, I hope that one doesn't come up on the wheel, because it tends to be messy for both competitors. That said, if it does, it does, and I know how to roll at the right time.

Something tells me your coach might have been lax in instructing you on that particular knowledge.

So experience still plays a factor, boyo, even if you don't want to believe it. You may be closer to me now than you were, but that's like a son being closer to his grandfather's talent level because he learned how to play Uno. That won't stop his grandfather from blasting him continuously with Draw Fours until the kid can't even hold up all the cards. It just means that maybe he's learned to play a wild card at the right time to try and stay alive.

I know all about this game of ropes & rings, Eddie. I've been through it all. And I still have a long way to go before I'm hanging it up in the future. My journey is far from over. Yours is still, really, in its beginning stages. And you can still be great. You can still make your way up to the top of the Sin City roster. But that's your future destination.

For now, your journey goes through me... and I guarantee a lot of bumps in the road.

So make your choices, Eddie. Choose your decisions carefully. Challenge me how you think you must, knowing that it might be a handicap that you can't overcome. Prove yourself a worthy successor to my championship reign. Or get out of my way, because I'll still be on the hunt for the best of the best to hold this Roulette Title above their head.

It could be you. It could also be your downfall.

All journeys have an end, after all. And sometimes the end comes much sooner than anyone ever expects.

And if it goes that way, kid, then I'm sorry. But you'll be taking the Plunge all the way back to the starting line.

See you in Arizona, boyo.

Offline Eddie Lyons

• View Profile
Strikeout.Charm
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:04 PM »
Less than a week, that was how much time Eddie had left before he sought to prove that he was in fat a charm, and wasn’t going to strikeout.  As much as his coach tried to convince him otherwise, he felt that f he failed to bring home the gold a third time, it would be a while before he was given another opportunity.

He understood that of course,and even felt himself if he couldn't’ do it this time. He had togo tho the back of the line, he was an honorable guy and it was only fair to the other athletes in the back who were biting for their own opportunity.

Bu if he was going to come up short, once again he had no intentions of making it easy on Peter Vaughn. Peter wanted a real fight, a real war and Eddie had no problem fulfilling Peters Christmas wish of a worthy contender. Of course Peter himself should be wary of that timeless old phrase.

Be careful what you wish for.[/i]

5:00 AM on a Sunday
Signature at MGM Grand
Las Vegas, Nevada
Off Camera

Bambambambam! Bambambambambam! Bambambambambam!

“Just a minute” Eddie called out to whomever was banging on his hotel door this early in the morning, he rubbed his eyes, and wandered over to the door still shirtless and in sweatpants having been awakened from his slumber, he left the latch on and peeked through the crack at the knocker.

It was Coach Kaiser, who was fully dressed in workout gear, Eddie sighed and undid the latch allowing his coach into the room.

“Rise and shine!” Coach Kaiser called, clearly already having had his morning coffee, just raring to go.

“What time is it?” asked Eddie.

“Doesn’t matter.” said Coach Kaiser, “If you want to be a champion you have to put the work in. You want to win this championship and I’m supposed to be coaching you. We’re gonna start the morning doing some laps at the nearby track, so chop chop. You’re burning daylight."

“It’s still dark out.” Eddie pointed out.

“Well, dawn will be here soon.” said Coach Kaiser, “Less talking, more getting ready.”

“Can I at least take a shower?” asked Eddie

“You can shower after the workout.” said Coach Kaiser, “Gonna be working up a sweat anyway.”

Eddie sighed, his coach was right. If he wanted to defeat Peter Vaughn, he had to put in the work. Still 5 AM seemed a little excessive, but Keevee was the coach here as well as the former multiple time world champion across various companies, so who was Eddie to question someone who had found success,and was now teaching him.

“Alright, alright.” said Eddie, starting to wake up and gain his senses a little better, “Can I at least get some coffee or something?"

“You can get coffee on the way.” said Coach Kaiser.

“Just give me five minutes.” Eddie said

“Five minutes.” Coach Kaiser repeated with a nod, even setting a timer on his phone. “Tick tock, let’s get moving.”

With another sigh, Eddie made his way into the bathroom, to freshen up quickly while Coach Kaiser waited on the foot of the bed.

“This better pay off.” Eddie thought to himself, as shut the bathroom door behind him.

5:30 AM on a Sunday
Local 24/7 Gymnasium
Las Vegas, Nevada
Off Camera

The coffee had energize him well, he grabbed a quick sausage, cheese and egg white sandwich as well because he didn’t want to start the day on an empty stomach, Coach Kaiser also agreed it was best to eat something as well before the workout.

It was early, but there were a few more early birds starting their early morning workout, as the night owls finished theirs. Outside at the track, the air was crisp and cool. But Eddie kind of liked it that way, plus the coffee had warmed him up some.

Dressed in simple track pants, running shoes and a white shirt, Eddie jogged in place as he listened to his coach.

“Alright, let’s get a couple laps in to start.” said Coach Kaiser

Eddie nodded, breathe in, breathe out, then the sound of a whistle and he was off. Jogging briskly down his lane, keeping his mind focused on the match he was going through all this for.

Peter Vaughn still didn’t believe in him, and that just pushed the Unbreakable one harder. Now he felt he had even more to prove. He needed to get that championship around his waist. He needed to be the one to put an end to the historic reign of Peter Vaughn, and then he needed to start a historic reign of his own going into the next year.

He could sense it in Peter, the guy felt like he was becoming stagnant. Sort of just running in place. Almost feeling as if the Roulette Championship is holding him back. He even said himself he was ready to move on.  Eddie thought that to be a good hole to focus on, one that could lead him to victory.

He felt the wind push past him as he rounded the track after one lap, catching his coaches voice as he passed.

“That’s good Eddie, keep it moving.” said Coach Kaiser

And keep moving he did. He was fully focused now, as he kept his same brisk pace, keeping control of his breathing.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

He hadn’t expected his Coach to awaken him so early, but the unexpected didn’t bother him. Not anymore. He couldn’t let it if he was going to win he Roulette Champion, and even more so if he was going to remain Roulette Champion.

Peter did make a few good points that he was forced to ponder over, how extreme was he willing to get? A cage match didn’t seem too concerning, and a Scaffold match was dangerous and nerve-wracking but not something he was afraid of.

But staple guns to eyes, private parts? That didn’t seem necessary, maybe an arm, or a leg but Eddie couldn’t see himself trying to blind somebody.  He would just have to find another way. Peter liked violence and was willing to do damn near anything to win.

But there was more than one way to skin a cat, and Eddie knew that. Peter had his ways of getting the victory, and Eddie had his. All he had to do now was prove that his way was enough to defeat Peters way.

“Alright, good work Eddie.” he heard his Coach say as he rounded up his second lap.

“I’m ready to go again.” said Eddie, between breaths.

“Very well.” said Coach Kaiser, “Just keep going till you feel like stopping then.”

With a nod, Eddie was off again, he didn’t plan on stopping. No pain no gain. He couldn’t stop, he wouldn’t stop. Not until he brought home his first championship,and even then he would keep running, keep pushing himself forward and into the future, as he crafted a legacy of his own.

9:30 AM on a Sunday
Local 24/7 Gymnasium
Las Vegas, Nevada
On Camera

He footage opens on Eddie Lyons in a public lockerroom. He’s got a towel on around his neck which he uses to wipe sweat from his forehead. Coach Kaiser isn’t in the shot, but the footage is clearly shot from a Smart Phone would put him as the cameraman in this instance, which is verified by the sound of his voice.

“Whenever you’re ready.” Coach Kaiser tells Eddie

Eddie nods, and waits a few seconds before he speaks, he’s a bit breathy and sounds a bit exhausted, as he just finished a 4 hour workout that started with some laps at the track and soon led itself into some speed bag punching, weight lifting and other general exercises. He had a championship to win and was putting in his work so he could make it happen.

“Oh Petes.” Eddie says with a confident grin, “I hope you don’t mind me calling you Petes, you sure like calling me Eds enough. I guess my main question is why? Why don’t you think I have what it takes to beat you? I took you to the limit in my third match in this company and I only continue to get better. One has to ask, how good will I be when I reach your level of experience?"

Eddie keeps a serious gaze on the camera, making sure even visually he looks confident and ready.

“So I lost a couple since we last met.” said Eddie, “But lets not forget, Miles Kasey didn’t pin me, he pinned BRADDOCK and he did it off MY finisher. Now that’s just because Miles had the experience and ring presence to capitalize at the right moment. Again, that lack of experience got me. My loss to Mercer was unfortunate, but no less than your own loss to J2H. I guess we’re both looking to rebound, but only one of us is going to be able to. I just hope you don’t take it to heart too much when I rebound big, end your illustrious reign and take that championship from you.”

Eddie keeps his confident smile, as he continues.

“Maybe, maybe maybe. That’s about all I heard from you Petes.” said Eddie, “That maybe I’m the one to finally step up and take the Roulette Championship from you. Maybe this, maybe that. Well there is no maybe about it this time. If you don’t want to believe I’ve grown since our last encounter than I’m going to show you just how much I have. That’s what you want right?"

Eddie laughs to himself, still beaming with confidence

“I mean to me it sounded like you want an out, you need someone to take the Roulette Championship from you.” Eddie said, “Isn’t that exactly what I said last time? That you seemed bored, that you wanted to move on to bigger waters, and bigger fish like J2H. Then you all but confirm my suspicions. Well, as I said last time. If that’s what you desire, then I’ll be glad to help you reach that goal.”

Eddie takes the towel, and wipes his face once more.

“You cater to the violence, you ask how far I’m willing to go, if I’m willing to maim or even blind my opponent to get the victory.” said Eddie shaking his head, “I will continue to say that isn’t my style and that may sound foolish to you, but as I’ve said before. If I don’t stay true to myself, then I’ve already lost. There’s always more than one way to skin a cat, and I’ll have to find my way. But what happens to you if it lands in my favor? You said yourself traditional wrestling leans into my favor.  What happens if we get a submission mach, are you ready to tap out in front of everyone like HBC did? The thing with you Peter, is you’re good, but you’re not as good as you think you are.”

Eddie points at the camera, waving a finger in front of it quickly.

“You have an over inflated ego, no doubt due to all the success you’ve earned for yourself.” said Eddie, “But it’s gone to your head. You can’t even admit that there is real talent in front of you that CAN, not MAYBE, that CAN beat you and that WILL beat you. Then you’re going to have to live with the fact you were proven wrong and now you have no championship to gloat about. Just a memory of what a great reign you once had. What happens if you move on and challenge J2H and he beats you again? Will you come crawling back and try and take back the Roulette Championship? Would you believe in me then?”

Eddie shrugs, and takes in a breath.

“Doesn’t really matter if you do does it?” asked Eddie, “Believe in me. I don’t need your approval. I believe in myself, my coach believes in me and my friends believe in me. That’s enough to keep me motivated. I don’t want to let the people on Team Eddie down, it’s time I do my people proud, and it’s time I become a champion like I’m destined to be.”

Another short pause, as Eddie gathers up his next thoughts.

“The wheel can land wherever it wants.” said Eddie, “I’m ready for anything. Whatever you throw at me, I’ll figure it out, it won’t break me because I am unbreakable. My spirit, the adrenaline that runs through my body when that bell rings, that will to keep pushing through to the bitter end. THAT is what it means to be Unbreakable, it’s not a matter of breaking bones. Bones can be broken, my bones can be broken. Your bones can be broken, but my fighting spirit will never be broken. I refuse to give up on myself and it’s that will to continue, that will to keep fighting, the ability to find a way even when the wheel doesn’t land in your favor. It’s all of that that will lead me on the route to victory and to the Roulette Championship.

Eddie keeps his eyes intense, still fixated on the camera.

“So you better come prepared.” said Eddie, “You better come very prepared, because I do plan on bringing all I can, I plan on giving not 110%, but 10,000%. Look at me, look at my eyes."

The camera zooms in a little closer on Eddies face

“Does it look like I’m lying?” he said

Eddie winks at the camera, and chuckles slightly.

“We’re both gonna be sore this Christmas.” said Eddie, “I think we both know that, but only one of us will be able to take championship photos around the Christmas tree with our family. The ones that like us anyway. I am going to be the one to end you Peter, and it’s going to happen at December 2 Dismember. Enjoy your final days as champion Peter, and good luck in whatever comes your way next.”

As the camera steadies on Eddies face, it soon comes to a pause signaling the end of the video, but keeping Eddies frozen face of determination in frame.

11:11  AM on a Wednesday
Catalina State Park
Tuscon, Arizona
Off Camera

The outdoors were where Eddie felt most at peace when he wasn’t in the gym training. Unlike most of his generation, he wasn’t so much into social media, video gaming and the other sorts of entertainment his peers were into. He didn’t even have that many contacts in his phone. His parents, Coach Kaiser, Cleo, some of the SCW staff, and his friend Chris from High School. Those were all the contacts he really needed anyway.

It was chilly out, but that didn’t stop Eddie from going for a jog along one of the trails at Catalina State Park, in Tuscon Arizona just days before December 2 Dismember. The birds chirping, and sound of the whistling wind comforted him and helped clear his mind.

Taking a moment to relax, he stopped at a resting area. A small picnic table set along the trail for would-be hikers or joggers to sit and rest their feet for a few minutes before continuing along their hike or jog down the nature trail.

A voice broke his concentration.

“Excuse me?” it was a younger, male voice, “Are you Eddie Lyons from SCW?”

Eddie looked up at the teenager that approached him, the kid was wearing jeans and a t-shirt for some band Eddie had never heard of.

“Yeah, I am” said Eddie kindly, “How can I help you?”

“Oh wow.” the kid said, “I’m just a fan. I love your work in SCW.”

“Oh yeah?” said Eddie, shaking the fans hand, “Well, thank you.”

He felt somewhat uncomfortable, as he wasn’t much of a social creature, but wasn’t about to be rude to a fan, especially one that was being friendly.

“What’s your name friend?” asked Eddie

“Drew” replied the teen.

“How old are you Drew?” Eddie asked, trying to keep some sort of conversation, if awkwardly.

“Fourteen.” Drew replied,  “I really like your style. You remind me of those guys in my dads old school wresting tapes. My dad says you remind him of the days when it was simple, bad guys were bad and good guys were good.”

“Your dad sounds like a cool guy.” said Eddie

“He’s taking me to the show this weekend. You’re gonna beat Peter Vaughn right?” asked Drew

“Well, you can never guarantee victory.” said Eddie, “But I’m gonna do my best to beat Peter, that I can promise you.”

“Well, we’ll be cheering for you.” said Drew, “So…uh, can I get a picture?”

“Of course!” said Eddie

Drew quickly flipped out his iPhone, and stood next to Eddie. Eddie stuck his tongue out and gave  rock on sign, as Drew put on his own goofy smile and took the selfie.

“Hey, thanks!” said Drew.

“Of course, thank you for being a fan.” said Eddie

And thankful he was. He was still getting used to this, people approaching him. But it also meant he was growing, people were noticing him and Eddie Lyons was developing a fanbase of his own. It felt good, and it was going to feel even better when he defeated Peter Vaughn, and won a championship for Drew and the rest of his growing fanbase.

After parting ways with Drew, Eddie started off his jog again down the the trail. His mind starting to clear once once more.

12:42  PM on a Wednesday
Catalina State Park
Tuscon, Arizona
On Camera

The cameras open on Eddie leaning against a fence on the overlook of a nature trail, hes dressed in athletic gear and looks to be  just enjoying the scenery in front of him.

“I like it out here Peter.” said Eddie, “Have you ever taken in the time to really appreciate the beauty and serenity of nature? It’s something I took for granted back home, but since coming to SCW I’ve found myself just enjoying being out here among the wildlife, and the trees. It’s relaxing.”

The camera stays focused on a side profile of Eddie.

“I need to make sure I’m in the right mindset for when we encounter each other once more.” said Eddie, “Because I can’t let this slip away from me again. So I come out to places like this to help my mind get clear, it helps that I can get a nice jog in as well.”

Eddie blinks a few times, before continuing

“I know I have it in me.” Eddie continued, “I know I do. Any doubt I had last time we faced off has been replaced with confidence and an improved skillset. You really need to take a closer look and believe in me more Petes, because it’s that doubt that is going to allow this lion to strike, and take you down for the kill.”

Eddie turns and looks at the camera, moving into a front facing shot.

“You think that I might not be ready.” said Eddie, “But maybe it’s you who’s not ready. Maybe it’s you who has become so used to winning, that you can’t even see the threat that’s staring you in the face. Maybe you’ve grown so complacent that you expect the same result, Peter Vaughn once again defends his Roulette Championship and continues his historical reign. But that’s all about to change, because I’m ready to have my name in the lights. I’m ready to be one of the stars in this company and most importantly I’m ready to be a champion.”

Eddie takes a short pause, taking in a breath.

“I won’t change who I am either.” said Eddie, “I don’t know why you're not the Peter Vaughn everyone use to love and I don’t really care. Maybe this is who you really were the whole time. I don’t know. I only care about the Peter that will be in front of me at December 2 Dismember because that’s the one I’m going to end.”

Eddie exhales heavily, and looks around at the scenery again for a moment.

“You want me to be nervous Peter. You want to me to start doubting myself because that’s where you work best.” Eddie continued, “You want people to look at you as this unbeatable entity that can’t be toppled. But J2H proved that there were still bigger and badder fish out there didn’t he? You’re not infallible Peter, anyone can be beaten and you’re going to get a real reality check when you aren’t able to bring that championship back home to Sadie.”

Eddie smirks at the camera with confidence

“A new year, a new era and a new champion.” he continued, “It just feels right doesn’t it Petes?  I mean the Roulette Division is due for a paradigm shift. It’s time that all the work I’ve put into myself, into my own growth to pay off. If you don’t believe in me now, then I’m about to make you. You may try to gouge my eyes out, but I’ll still kick your fucking head in. You might try to shock me with a cattle prod, but I’ll still twist your arm into places you never thought it could bend. I do respect everything you’ve done for that championship and I assure you that I will take it and carry it into the new year and beyond with honor and respect."

He slaps a palm hard on his chest.

“My name is Eddie Fucking Lyons.”  said Eddie, eyes full of fire, “And I’m going to be the next Roulette Champion. Your bag of tricks has run out Peter and your reign is coming to an end.  Eddie Lyons will reach his glory at December 2 Dismember. You don’t intimidate me anymore Peter, and that spells disaster for you. Maybe next time you’ll believe in me more.”

With another confident chuckle, Eddie moves in closer to the camera, and clicks it off, having setup a camera to shoot the footage himself. December 2 Dismember was drawing closer, and Eddie could almost feel the weight of the Roulette Championship around his waist. It felt good, and it felt right and in a few days Eddie was going to do all he could to make it happen.

10:52  PM on a Friday
Eddie’s Hotel Room
Tuscon, Arizona
Off Camera

Two Days, that’s all the time left Eddie had to prepare. He had been training his body and mind all week long and felt like nothing could stop him now. He didn’t have the intimidation factor that weighed on his mind the first time he and Peter faced off.  How couldn’t he have been intimidated back then? He had started to get his feet wet in SCW, and Peter had been on a tear even before Eddie arrived.  But while he failed to bring home a championship, he still passed the test.

The test that he did belong in SCW, because even after being knocked out, he was able to bounce back and keep winning matches and earning more championship opportunities.  He still hadn’t been in SCW a full year but could feel his stock rising. He had  growing fanbase, and management seemed to be behind him.

It all weighed on his shoulders now, with another championship opportunity ahead of him, one he didn’t want to come up short in this time. He had never won a championship in his short career, and everyone he knew had won championships in their past companies. He wanted to feel that rush, the rush of winning gold for the first time. It would just mean that he’s on the right path, and the work he put in wasn’t for nothing.

“You know it’s over if you lose.” Eddie heard a voice say

Not again, he thought he was done with this shit. These visions and voices of his dark self that convinced him to do bad, the part he tried to suppress because it just wasn’t him and he didn’t want to give in to whatever dark desires may lurk deep in his mind.

“I thought I was done with you.” Eddie said

“You can never be done with me.” the voice called, “I’ll always be part of you. You can push me away but you can never be rid of me. We all have dark desires, bad thoughts. Even good, honorable people like yourself. Look at your opponent, everyone use to love Peter Vaughn and he was happy to just be there and entertain everyone. But it got him nowhere, he realized he wanted to be a star so he gave into his own dark desires and now he’s become one of the most dangerous and feared men in that ring. I can do that for you, I can make you dangerous and I can make you more lethal than you could ever imagine.”

“No!” Eddie clasped his hands on his head, “I told you before, YOU’RE NOT ME! I’m not going to give up on my principles for a cheap victory. I intend to earn everything in my career the correct way, not with shortcuts or cheap tactics.”

“Then you will fail once again.” Eddie heard the voice say, “And then what? Do you really think you’ll get a FOURTH chance? You’ll probably fail that too. You need to embrace me, let me in and you will absolutely decimate Peter Vaughn. He’ll expect you to try and play nice, we can take him by surprise.”

“There is no WE.Eddie replied, “It’s only me. I’m going to do this and I’m going to do it my way. However the wheel falls, I will do what I told Peter. I will find a way, there’s always a way.”

“And I can show you the best way!” the voice said, “Maybe it’s not enough to just submit him, you should try and snap his arm in two, or take a pipe to his kneecaps so he can’t stand anymore to hug his gorgeous fiancee.”

“I’m not going to maim anyone.” said Eddie. “We’re supposed to be professional athletes. Yeah we get competitive, but I’m not looking to end anyone’s career. I wouldn't take away someone’s way of life, even if I hated them.”

“Such a pathetic weak mind.” the voice laughed, echoing in Eddie’s head. A least there was no physical representation this time, that seemed like progress on whatever this was.

“You’ll see.” Eddie said, “I’ll be done with you once and for all when I prove that I can do this without you, I can do this on my own and I can do this my way.”

“You’ll come crawling to me soon enough.” He heard the voice say, continue to taunt him.

“No.” said Eddie, “You can’t break me, because I’m unbreakable, and if you really are a part of me then that means I’m still in control and I choose honor. I choose respect. I choose to fight the good fight. I’m not Peter Vaughn, or any of my cousins. I will always be the man I’ve been since my arrival in SCW, because that’s the real Eddie Lyons. Try as you might, I will never listen.”

“Then have fun striking out at December 2 Dismember.” the voice taunted.

“I won’t strikeout.” said Eddie, “I’m going to be the charm.”

Then it went quiet, the voice spoke to Eddie no more. He knew he could never be rid of it fully. But he could always fight it off. Everyone did have their own dark desires but only the strongest could push against them and say no. Eddie was one of those people an he was proud of that.

With the flip of the light switch, Eddie shut the lights of his hotel room, and laid his head down to go to sleep. Even in his dreams he was wrestling, and in his dreams he beat Peter Vaughn. Hopefully in a few days time his dream would become his reality.
9:30 AM on a Saturday
Local Tuscon Diner
Tuscon, Arizona
Off Camera

“Big day tomorrow.” Coach Kaiser said over his breakfast of black coffee, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, looking across the table at Eddie who had a breakfast of his own. Cheese omelet, home fries and a large glass of orange juice. “How you feeling?”

“Just trying to stay focused on the match.” Eddie said, mouthful of eggy omelet. “I really feel like I can do it this time. I had doubts about myself the first time, and even had some doubts when I fought for the Internet Championship. But not this time, I’m ready Coach.”

“Well, that’s good.” Coach Kaiser said, “You’ve been training hard, you deserve this.”

“I had another episode last night..” Eddie said, “Still having those thoughts about taking shortcuts, and turning on my principles. I won’t do it. I’m going to remain on the good path.”

“That just means your mind is strong.” said Coach Kaiser, “That’s a good thing. I had my own issues during my career, did things I’m not proud of. Tried to destroy a company with my group Absolute Power, when my best friend was in the hospital I switched her IV bag with a vodka bag. I gave in,and I did get a lot of success that way, but it always felt empty, like when I took shortcuts it felt like I didn’t really earn the victory. NO matter how much I tried to convince myself, deep down…I knew, it was a hollow victory a best. I destroyed some of my friendships, just so I could advance my own career a little bit more. Some of those friends have forgiven me, some haven’t. That’s my burden to bear. Just keep pushing back, your mind is stronger than you know.”

“Yeah, it’s more of an annoyance than tempting.” Eddie said, “I just wish it would go away.”

“Yeah, it won’t.” said Coach Kaiser, “I mean I think about getting back in the ring full time, but I know I can’t because my knees suck. Yet sometimes I think about what if I had one last run? Then I realize if I do it WILL be my last run and I could lose my ability to walk. I can’t let that happen to myself so I stick to coaching the next generation like yourself.”

“Well, you’re doing great it.” said Eddie, “You’ve made a champion out of Cleo, and even if they won’t admit it you led my cousins to championships as well. You’re a great teacher, and I know your daughter is going to explode onto the scene in a few years.”

“Well, let’s focus on you.” Coach Kaiser replied, “I appreciate the sentiment, but this is your story, so we shouldn’t spend too much time on what Cleo or your cousins are doing. This is about you, and about you becoming a champion.”

“I will.” nodded Eddie, “I’m gonna beat Peter Vaughn, I won’t let you down. Your next student to become a champion is Eddie Lyons.”

The two continued their chatter, and went over some tips for the match, as much as they could given the unexpected nature still to come when the wheel was spun,. Through it all, Eddie remained confident that he was going to give Peter one of the best fights of his life, and most importantly he was going to beat him.

4:28 PM on a Saturday
Local 24/7 Gym
Tuscon, Arizona
On Camera

The cameras open on Eddie Lyons and Coach Kaiser at a local gym, having just finished another workout, they’ve set a tripod up in a corner, so Eddie can mention any final thoughts he wants to direct in Peter Vaughns direction before their big match the following day.

“It’s only about a day before we meet again Petey.” said Eddie with his confident grin, “Only a day before everything ends for you and the Roulette Championship and everything begins for myself and the Roulette Championship. One day when I show you just how much I’ve grown since our last encounter. One day till you get everything you’ve been asking for. Freedom."

Eddie pauses, allowing his words to settle into the ears of the listener.

“Freedom to chase J2H and the World Championship or whatever it is you’re feeling held back from.” said Eddie, “Maybe you’ll succeed and became the guy on top, or maybe J2H will put you down once again. I don’t know, I’m just focused on what I need to do to win the Roulette Championship. Focused on being the one that ends the historic reign of Peter Vaughn."

Another short pause, as Eddie takes in a breath.

“Throw whatever you can at me.” said Eddie, “Throw bricks if the rules allow it, slice me with barbed wire, try to cave in my skull. Whatever the wheel tells you do to, throw it all at me and watch me get back up and give it back to you tenfold. It’s time for a change in the Roulette Division and I’m going to be that change. The stars are all aligned in my favor, and that championship is coming home with me. It’s over Peter. Deal with it.

Eddie licks his lips, keeping his usual picture of confidence

“I do wish you well in wherever you go after I take that championship.” said Eddie, “I also hope you can live with the fact you have nothing, and now you have to be the one on the chase. I don’t know if you’ll be as comfortable being the seeker as opposed to the one being seeked. I know I’m ready for people to come seek me. To be the one that people see as a challenge that they want to overcome, and to those people whomever you might be. Well, we’ll talk when the time comes, lets not get too ahead of ourselves.”

Eddie rubs his palms together, and exhales.

“I’m ready.” said Eddie, “You may not believe it and that’s fine Peter. But I am ready, and at December 2 Dismember you will find out how ready I am and I was able to do it my way and stay on the path I’m on, the path of HONOR BEFORE GLORY.”

Eddie gives a confident slight nod at the camera.

“See you soon Petey.” said Coach Kaiser

He camera remained focused, as Eddie looked determined. His coach patted him on the shoulder proudly, and gave the camera a confident look of his own. It was only a matter of time before we found out if we were looking at the new Roulette Champion, either way. Eddie was ready for anything, slowly the cameras faded out for the final time.
[/i]