Author Topic: Endeavor XXXIII  (Read 557 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXXIII
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:43:03 PM »
Madison Square Garden | N E W Y O R K• N E W Y O R K

[After the High Stakes pay-per-view broadcast went off the air, we fade backstage where we find Mercedes Vargas, still in her wrestling gear, walking with her back to the camera. A random cameraman finds her for an on-the-spot interview and calls out to her.]

Cameraman:
Mercedes Vargas! Mercedes, would you like to comment on what happened out there tonight?

[Mercedes turns around, which causes the cameraman to react in surprise.]

Cameraman:
Are you...Are you crying?

Mercedes: (sarcastically)
No, no, my sinuses are acting up again. Of course I’m crying, you idiot. But don’t be fooled, these are not tears of sadness, these are tears of joy.

[She wipes her eyes with the few pieces of crumpled tissue, before she runs a hand through her hair and looks up again at the cameraman.]

Mercedes:
You want to talk about the fact that I lost? Sure, I lost, okay? And it could have happened for any number of reasons: Maybe I came in a little unprepared, maybe I was a little over prepared, or maybe I may have underestimated the competition. The better team won tonight, and I’m happy for Austin and Tempest. I think they’re going to break the all-time singles record.”

Cameraman:
So, um, what’s next for Mercedes Vargas in SCW after tonight?

Mercedes:
What's next? That’s a good question. Maybe I’ll remain in the title picture, I don’t know. After tonight, I’ll just have to pick myself up, dust myself off and get ready for the next Climax Control.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to be alone."

[Mercedes pushes the cameraman out of the way and heads towards the lockerroom area as we fade to black.]

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 21 al 28 de noviembre de 2021

Let’s not waste anymore time. Hats off to Austin and Tempest at High Stakes. The way they have been some dominant lately, it would have been easy for Goth and I to phone it in just like the other teams they’ve beaten. Instead, we gave Austin and Tempest a run for their money and the four of us went all in to create an exciting match. The fans knew it, the owners knew, Austin and Tempest knew it. Everybody wants to beat them and want their best game. Goth and I made them earn their recent title defense, which is more than I can say for the few months they’ve held the titles. So, it’s not lost on me that we’re going to have a return match this weekend. Not that I’m not appreciative, oh no, it's Thanksgiving week, which is a good excuse as any to reflect on what we’re grateful for. And I bet you’re all wondering is Mercedes Vargas thankful for anything? Turns out, I am. I’m more than thankful that Goth and I get a second chance to make a first impression.

An attitude of gratitude is always helpful, in my experience.

High Stakes was my first opportunity at the World Mixed Tag Team Championship since my second reign and the end of said reign two years ago. I still haven’t gotten over the loss three weeks ago, and I’m pretty sure Goth hasn’t either. High Stakes made us hungrier and dare I said it we’re out for a little revenge. Losses serve as a learning experience, and experience, as they say, is a great teacher. Goth and I pride ourselves in learning from our mistakes and this weekend will be no different. At Climax Control, we’re going to be walking out new World Mixed Tag Team Champions.

Last time we met, Austin and Tempest made this match about respect, and that’s the way it should be. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, as the old saying goes. Most opponents tend to go for the cheap shots and zingers to drum up interest for the match, but not Austin and Tempest. Still, like I said at the supercard that night, playing the respect card can only get you so far, especially when it comes to the members of Wolfslair, who throws around respect only when it depends on whose is standing with their hand raised at the end. On the other hand, Tempest has lost the respect she once had for me and she didn't let up on how she really felt about that, but to be honest, I couldn’t care less what she says or thinks of me anymore.

I’ve been mocked over the claim that my title reigns define my career. The other Bombshells may think whatever they want, but it’s been both a blessing and a burden for me. It’s a testament that I know how to capitalize on my golden opportunities and display a resiliency that enables me to rebound from my mistakes along the way. It’s why I have a firmer place in Sin City Wrestling history and a deeper appreciation for my accolades and achievements, as everyone should have. It’s why I am a two-time Hall of Famer in this company. Proud of it, not ashamed to say it. I've been all around the world, a veteran of many tours in Japan and Europe and Canada. I've been mostly successful everywhere I've gone, including here in Sin City Wrestling.

It’s why I am the only 12-time champion in history. But you know what’s better than being a 12-time champion? Being a 13-time champion. It’s been two years out since my last title reign when I won the Mixed Tag Titles twice in 2019. No one should doubt that I will be ready for Climax Control given my track record. No one should think that I don't stand a chance in title matches. No one should have a doubt in their mind that I don’t have what it takes to once again have a championship around my waist.

Mark and Christian didn't have to give Goth and I this rematch. This match isn't something that I need to do to prove to the rest of the division that I'm that damn good. I've won that argument. I'll always win that argument. My legacy is still intact, my title reigns and accolades aren't on paper, it's in the record books, and I'm on the damn cover. I highly doubt none of the other Bombshells are capable of taking my spot on the roster until I'm ready to give it up.

The Bombshells should be thankful that yours truly is here to give them something to strive for. 

Sunday, I get to make history one more time.

It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t, now would it?

~~~

B E V E R L Y H I L L S • C A L I F O R N I A

[Dressed in a simple Reba Wool cowboy hat, blue jeans and a tank top, Mercedes Vargas is deep in thought seen holding playing cards which hides her face. She peaks her eyes through the cards, showing the intense stare of her dark brown eyes as the person sitting across from her throws their cards to the center of the table.

“Full House. Beat that."

[What was once a brief smile disappears into shock. Shaking her head, Mercedes glanced at the smug expression coming from Jorge, leaning back with hands laced behind his head. Knowing that this was the end, Mercedes peers down at her cards again before she set her cards on top of the pile.]

.::MERCEDES::..
Well, I don’t know. Will an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and a 10 do the job?

..::JORGE::..
Curses! Foiled again!

.::CARMEN::..
I told you we should have played Twister.

[Carmen, of course. She smiles as Jorge covers his face with one hand after being beaten with the Royal Flush.]

You bit off more than you can chew.

I hate you...

You can’t win them all. There's no shame in losing.

Easy for you to say. You beat me twice.

[<Carmen looks up at a notepad, tapping a pen against it.]

Three times. But who’s counting?

Shut up! You only won because...

Because...?

I let you win!

Whatever helps you to sleep at night, that’s fine with me.

Best three out of five?

No.

Four out of seven?

OK.

Really?

No.

[Mercedes with a pencil at the ready starts on a crossword puzzle.]

CARMEN::..
At least you did something productive with your time.

Its therapeutic.

Crosswords are crosswords. What's the difference?

That depends on the day. It's all a matter of perspective, and how difficult I want my crossword to be.

I don't follow.

[I've seen that look before. It was the look that said, “I have no idea what you just said. Merce. Try to give am an illustration or something.” And so, I used an illustration to get my point across.]

The New York Times gets more difficult during the week. Monday is the easiest. Saturday is next to impossible. Most papers are run by subscription service, but the Times is one of a very few that has good editor like Will Shortz.

Uh huh.

And it's not really about the ease of the crossword, but the ease of finding the crossword. Also, the folding, the reading, the jotting. If I'm late for the bus, the crease has to be folded at just the right angle. By reading, I mean whether I have to squint to see everything or use my reading glasses, and jotting obviously whether there's enough space to scribbling next to clues themselves.

Because you write crosswords only in pen.

Exactly. It's a blessing and a curse. You're on vacation and suddenly you know that tourist who always want to borrow a pen, only to forget to return it? That's the most frustrating part. Now, you're the one needing to borrow a pen and everyone is looking at you Ike you're the tourist.

.::JORGE::..
Sorry, sis. Kinda got plans for the evening.

I have a flight to catch in about an hour. Where are you going that's so important?

The movies.

Again? That's the third Sunday in a row. Can't you go another night?

Sorry, but I've got to see this movie. It's supposed to be a good.

That's what you said about the movie you saw last week.

[Carmen moves to the kitchen, rummaging through the cabinet.]

Where are the crackers? Don't tell me you ate them all! Again!

Yes, I did. I couldn't help it. They're were so good.

I thought you didn't like crackers?

Well, I don't like graham crackers. But Wheat Thins are different. I love them to death.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Well, tell you what, Wheat Thins taste even better with a glass of cold milk, or beer, or apple juice.

[Returning to the room, Carmen leans against the door frame and has her arms crossed in front of her while shaking her head.

This is why we can't have nice things, Jorge. And what about this movie anyway? I'm almost sure you said that about the last movie you saw?

Eh, The Godmother was okay. Didn't really live up to the hype.

[Mercedes returns to her crossword.]

Maybe it's because it was about, oh, I don't know, a godmother instead of a crime boss? Honestly, who writes this crap?

I have no idea. The Hunt for Red September makes it all worth it.

Don't you mean “The Hunt for Red October.”

No, I mean The Hunt for Red September. It's the prequel.

Riiiight. What will they think up next?

[She quickly jots in the spaces for said word as she prepares to leave.]

It's late, and I got a flight to catch tomorrow. Can't help looking after the dog tonight.

What? But you promised me over the phone!

So, same time next week?

You're going down next time!

..::CARMEN::..
Let's keep praying, huh?

~~~

Present Day ♦ N E W Y O R K C I T Y

[REC•]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

[When our scene opens, we see a classic radio on a white sand beach with the sea and waves in the background. A single surfboard stuck in the sand. Not too far off, a lone female figure meditates as a glorious sunrise beckons. The ocean is calm. The woman slowly opens her eyes, observing the slight waves which roll in towards the shore. Looking out towards the sea, she shields her eyes. A few swimmers are lying in wait in hopes of catching an incoming wave. As Mercedes stifles a yawn, a slight breeze caresses her face and plays with her hair. Unconsciously brushing away strands of brown hair out of her face, she talks directly in the camera.]

“Well, ladies and gentlemen, it was an interesting night in New York City. If you watched High Stakes, you might have noticed that I didn’t win three weeks ago. Apparently, Austin got the pinfall on Goth, but that’s okay. Christian Underwood and Mark Ward thought we were good enough to get another shot at the champions, and here we are. Wrestling, much like in life, is so crazy sometimes. You know what? Even though Goth and I didn't win at the supercard, I'm not going to let this get to me. I already know what the peanut gallery is going to say, so save it. I’m once again in a title match I don’t deserve and Tempest and Austin are probably somewhere laughing after High Stakes and if they want to call that a victory, well, it’s a pretty weak one. The simple fact is they can't be celebrated for their win at High Stakes. They just can't. They didn’t beat Goth and I, they survived. There’s a big difference. They say you're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose. You're only as good as my your last match. Or, in this case, my next one.”

[Her eyes doesn't meet the camera as she looks down for a moment, gathering her thoughts as she brings her hands to her face. This wasn't something that she wanted to get herself into, but there was no turning back now. The match was on whether she liked it or not. A short sigh and she looks up again, a determined stance in her voice, a redemptive fire in her eyes.]

"Tempest, you wanted my best, you got my best. It wasn't enough, but the only thing that saved you and having those titles for another week was three seconds."

[Mercedes raises three fingers slowly, one at a time.]

”Three seconds."

You don't need to like me. You do not even need to respect me now because I will make sure that come Climax Control, the Argentine Assassin will beat the respect out of you. I've been all around the world, a veteran of many tours in Japan and Europe and Canada. I've been mostly successful everywhere I've gone, including here in Sin City Wrestling.”

[Mercedes suddenly becomes quiet as she reaches for her glasses and slowly pulls them off, folding them in her hands and then placed them next to her.]

“So I've been noted as being bitter, disgruntled and outspoken. I don’t think people appreciate me right now. They say you don't know what you got until it's gone. And when I’m gone, I will go down as the greatest ever, Superstar or Bombshell. I have accomplished everything there is in Sin City Wrestling. Basically, I'm in a class by myself. Some people say I'm entitled which to that I'll politely smile and say thank you because I've earned it. As for earning the right to be arrogant, I've earned that too. That's not what else I've earned, though. I've earned the professional jealousy of every past and present Bombshell and Superstar on the roster because what it took their entire careers to accomplish, it took me only five. I've earned the jealousy of every fan in the arena and watching at home because I'm 12 times the champion they'll ever be as they wake up to their nine-to-fives every morning, and some take advantage of my kindness so they can get an autograph and sell it online because they're too lazy to find a real job

“This match isn't something that I need to do to prove to the rest of the division that I'm that damn good. I've won that argument. I already won at this pay-per-view before too on two occasions. If I were to win this match again, I'd be very surprised. But even if I don't, would it matter? My legacy is still intact, my title reigns and accolades aren't on paper, it's in the record books, and I'm on the damn cover. I highly doubt none of the other Bombshells are capable of taking my spot on the roster until I'm ready to give it up. Goth has that same mindset. We will not go gently into that good night, that is until we capture the World Mixed Tag Team Championship.

"Tempest, I'll see you this Sunday."

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)