Author Topic: {In My Head PT 1}  (Read 818 times)

Offline Giani Di Luca

• View Profile
{In My Head PT 1}
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
 {In My Head (Part One)}

{Everyday I’m Shufflin’}

Inside of the Rooftop Bar in Vegas, several New Years Eve banners hang from the ceiling and walls.  The banners are defaced with red and black NXT logos.  The club is packed to capacity as white lights flash across them.  House music plays softly in the background as the bartender is forced to work at double capacity, pouring drinks for the somewhat rowdy crowd.  There is a small stage set up in the corner next to the DJ booth with red ring ropes and two turnbuckles lining the front.  A man in a black suit and sunglasses standing at the door holds a walkie talkie to his ear, then switches it over to his mouth with a nod.  He folds his arms in front of him as he surveys the crowd.  As the music slowly dies down, the crowd also quiets down a bit. They look around in a mixture of excitement and disappointment.  Their qualms are resolved as soon as a loud noise booms through the speakers.

{GET READY FOR THE SMACK DOWN!}

The audience erupts into cheers, raising drinks and lighters as “Smack Down” by Thousand Foot Krutch plays loudly over the speakers.  After almost a full minute of the music playing, there is still no sign of anyone.  Sparks rain down from the ceiling, causing the crowd to pop off with more cheers.  It is then that Spike Staggs comes walking out onto the stage with Vixen at his side.  Spike is wearing his leather jacket, black jeans with red plaid patches on the knees, chains hanging from the sides, and a graffiti NXT a-shirt.  He hoists up the SCW Heavyweight Championship with one hand, using the other to slowly pull his sunglasses off of his face.  Vixen is wearing an NXT graffiti baby tee and tight fitting black jeans.  They look to each other and then shrug their shoulders, looking back where they are followed by Casey Williams, Aleksei Koji, and honorary member “Primetime” Matthew Kennedy.  Spike smirks as the reaction of the audience gets even louder.  The audience pops once again as Spike retrieves a microphone.  He raises it to his mouth, but stops, tapping on his chin for a second.  He looks as if he just realized something.  He opens up the curtains, nearly being rushed by Derek Thorne, Odette Ryder, Jessie Salco, and Jamie Staggs.  Jamie blows a party popper in Spike’s face, causing him to make an awkward face.  A soft laughter takes over the audience.  Spike looks a bit confused as he peaks behind the curtains once more.  He looks out to the audience as the music starts back over on a loop.  He steps back and then clinches his jaw uncomfortably.  He steps out onto the stage once again, leaning against the ropes, looking out into the audience.

Spike:  I hope you guys came here to party, because I know we did!  So I must ask… Are you ready?

The audience cheers loudly.  Spike smirks as the members of NXT rile them up even more.  Spike nods in approval.

Spike:  Then let the free food and drinks begin! Hey, I did say this was a party, didn’t I?

The song fades into some sort of wild dubstep tune as the NXT members work their way down the steps and into the audience.  Spike stands there for a second as Vixen grabs onto his hand.  Spike looks into her eyes with a sigh.

Vixen:  Babe, what’s wrong?

Spike looks into her eyes for a moment and a soft smirk spreads across his face.  He leans in and kisses her lips gently, wiping away at them just a second later.

Spike:  I’ve got something to do.  Go ahead and enjoy the party for a minute.  I swear I will be out by midnight.

Vixen nods her head as she lets go of Spike’s hand.  He watches her as she slowly walks down the steps, making sure to give him a show to ensure he comes back well before midnight.  Spike gives a toothy grin as he notices very well what she is doing.

{Cut Scene}

Giani is seen sitting in front of the Vegas Skyline over a green screen.  He lifts a silver flask to his lips, tossing back a sip before letting out a harsh sigh.  The look on his face shows anything but joy.  He tosses back another sip from the flask before looking deep into the camera, his dark brown eyes shining in the light.

Giani:  Here we are, New Years Eve, and what am I doin’?  Drinkin’ alone.  No girl, no friends, no gold, no nothin’… I’m Giani Di Fuckin’ Luca.  The Italian Stallion and I got nothin’ to show for it.  In BACW I was a staple name.  I was the Empire State Champion for over six months.  I was defeated once cause Jamie Staggs and me was feuding and he cost me a match.  I was beast mode there.  SCW was such a big stage, and a change of scenery that I thought I needed.  I gave up a good thing to come to Vegas.  I met a girl, I debuted in one helluva match against some bitch who ain’t even here no more.  We put on a world class match and then I wind up on the bench?  Gettin’ left off of show after show until I was put in another match for Contendership to the SCW Roulette Championship… which I won of course.  I feel like a damn curtain jerker here.  Did I make a mistake?  What do I gotta do to get the respect I deserve?

Spike:  Make some waves, kid…

{END CUT SCENE}

Almost instantly, Giani reaches over and clicks off of the camera.  The screen behind him turns green as we switch around to see Spike standing in the doorway of Giani’s hotel room just below the club.  Giani tosses back another sip from the flask, wiping away at his lips.  Spike has one hand behind his back as he walks up to Giani.  He gets closer and closer as Giani looks wary.

Giani:  Bro… I dunno about this one.  I went to order Dark Knight Rises, and clicked Dark Meat Rises by accident and it started out kinda like this, dawg…

Spike looks at Giani with a raised eyebrow, clearly becoming as uncomfortable as Giani is.  He holds up his free hand, showing a cheap metallic black party hat with red glitter NXT logos printed over it hanging from an elastic string.  He places it on Giani’s head, snapping the string to draw Giani’s attention better.  Giani rubs at his chin for a second, looking as if he doesn’t feel like being around Spike.  Spike plops down on Giani’s bed and kicks his feet up, resting the Heavyweight belt on his waist.

Spike:  It’s easy to feel sorry for yourself.  Lord knows I’ve been there.  But rest assured that while you are swimming in that sea of self pity, there will be others who will happily take your spot and your opportunities.  I didn’t ask you to join NXT because I wanted you to be my bitch, you know.

Giani:  Bro, I’m not even stuck on that anymore.  I know you wanna see me blow up here.  I just don’t feel like I’m appreciated by staff around here. Every show has been about sitting in back while you go to the ring, saying and doing great things.  Then when jealous douchebags don’t like what you do, they gang attack you, and we come running out to save you.  I feel like a hired bodyguard instead of a wrestler and I’m sick of it, for real.

Giani kicks his feet up on the edge of the bed as he leans back in his seat.  He puts his hands behind his head as he looks over at Spike for a second.  Spike shrugs his shoulders up as he puts his arms behind his head as well.

Spike:  I can see that.  Maybe I’m failing as a stable leader because obviously you need better direction.  What was the last tip I gave you?

Giani:  Don’t go for the redhead at the corner of the bar, sitting alone, because a hot redhead who is alone is along for a reason?

Spike wants to object, raising a finger up to do so, but he has to stop himself.  He nods his head.

Spike:  That is a very good piece of advice.  Redheads are evil in general, but I digress…  I was referring to that whole thing I said to you a month ago.  You have to go out there and force yourself down the throats of ever single motherfucker watching SCW programming.  There are so many people trying to make a name for themselves.  Given your background in the entertainment industry, you have a lot more to prove than most.

Giani:  How though?  What else can I do that I haven’t already tried doing?

Spike looks over to Giani with a smirk on his face.  He is obviously thinking something, but Giani can’t seem to figure it out.  Spike pats Giani’s shoulder firmly, turning to look into his eyes for a moment before speaking.

Spike:  I was in your shoes long, long ago.  As a matter of fact, I was far lower than you at the beginning of my career.  I had to build myself from the ground up.  Nobody cared who my dad or uncle was.  They were low level indy wrestlers at their best.  I tried being the best, most courageous wrestler I could be, and do you know where my skill got me?

Giani:  The top?

Giani smiles as if he had solved a complicated math equation, but Spike shakes his head from side to side.  Giani tilts his head to the side in curiosity, staring at Spike.  Spike lowers his eyes as they almost seem to glaze over in his memories.  Giani waits patiently for a moment until the silence gets to him just a little and concern spreads over his face.

Giani:  Yo, bro… You okay?

Spike:  Talent got me nowhere.  Playing politics got me absolutely nowhere.  I had to do the only thing I could to give me an edge.  I stopped taking my spikes out of my hair before going to the ring.  I stopped smiling.  I stopped playing by the rules, and I made big waves.  I did a lot of things I am not proud of, but finding the edge above all of the others is what put me at the top.  I shoved the users aside, and I went out there and did what I was born to do.  What you are born to do… I shoved myself down people’s throats.  I did what I wanted to do, when I wanted to, and how I wanted to.  I won matches, I won belts, and I won respect.  You just need to find your way in all of this, the way I did.

Giani:  It’s all good to say that, but what makes you think I stand a chance.  I ain’t some edgy kinda guy.  I’m just a Jersey boy with sick style and a deadly uppercut.

Spike stands up from the bed and starts walking toward the door as Giani speaks.  Giani looks bummed out sitting on the chair next to the bed.  He looks away from Spike and down to the flask in his hand.  Spike stops with his hand on the door knob and turns back to Giani.

Spike:  That’s your edge.  You just don’t realize the power of normalcy here in Sin City.  When I spent my brief time with your opponent at New Year Rising, I explained that to him, and look what he went out and did…

Giani:  I don’t even know how to feel about that, Spike.  I understand what you mean and all, but I kinda feel bad for the kid.  I just don’t know if this is my time to shine.  I don’t even know if Mark Ward is gonna try fuckin’ with me.  I just don’t know what to do.

Spike:  Well… you could sit here all night and have some big internal debate about it, drink alone, and get depressed, or you could come down and do what a good ole Jersey boy would do and party like there is no tomorrow.

Giani almost looks stunned by Spike’s offering.  Spike chuckles as Giani debates it in his head for all of point five seconds before he leaps up out of the chair and nearly tackles Spike down to the ground.  The two exit the room and make their way back up to the NXT New Years Eve party upstairs as we fade.

{Everyday I’m Shuff-ff-fflin’}

{TBC}
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:35:29 PM by Giani Di Luca »

>