Author Topic: Fresh Start  (Read 392 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
Fresh Start
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »
 It’s a quarter til eight o’clock in the morning as a loud buzzing sound fills the one bedroom apartment in downtown Port Charlotte. A partially cupped hand snakes its way out from underneath the covers as it reaches up towards the snooze button on top of the digital alarm clock. A strong groan follows as the presses down on the button. The sound dies down for at least five minutes. As the hand is making its way back under the covers, a bright light shines inside the room as more groaning can be heard.

The same hand that snoozed the alarm, picks up the small device sitting on the nightstand. The light illuminates a pair of grey eyes as Violet tilts her head up to look at her phone screen. At first, she thought it was the alarm on her phone about to go off but instead it was a text from her daddy. Violet reads the text silently before typing a response. After sending the text, Violet places her phone back down but before she could lay her head back down. Two beams of light peek through her blinds. “Alright, I’ll get my carcass out of bed,” she mumbles to herself. Violet sighs heavily as she flings her covers off.

A few minutes later, Violet is standing in front of the bathroom mirror. Her platinum blonde hair is a tangled mess as she just stares at her reflection. “You’re a hot mess,” a voice rings out. Violet shows a halfhearted smile as she turns her head to see her young sister Shelby standing in the doorway. “What are you doing here?” asks Violet. Shelby smiles as she steps into the bathroom and begins to help her big sister. “Daddy asked me to check on you,” answers Shelby. Violet lightly chuckles as she works to untangle her hair.

Hours have passed as the two sisters are sitting together around the small table near the kitchen. “How long is daddy going to be in Los Angeles?” asks Violet. “I got no clue,” answers Shelby. Violet sips on her coffee as Shelby is swirling a bagel around her finger. “We really should get going,” she tells her sister. “I know Shelby. I just hate being up before 10 AM,” replies Violet. Shelby smiles as she puts the bagel down. “You know dad won’t let you sleep that late. Especially when it’s a training day. Heck, he barely lets me sleep in anymore,” says Shelby. “I know Shel but a girl needs her beauty sleep,” she responds with a giggle. Shelby nods her head as they finish their breakfast. Violet rinses our her mug as Shelby heads off to brush her teeth. As Violet is heading back towards her bedroom, her phone vibrates in her pocket. She quickly pulls out to see her father calling. She swipes left and puts the phone on speaker.

“Hi daddy,” she starts. “Hello angel,” he greets back. “Where are you?” she asks him.  “I’m still in Los Angeles,” he softly responds as Shelby steps back into the living room. Violet lifts her hand up towards Shelby. The slight nod of her head is enough to tell Violet that she will remain quiet. “Have you started your training?” her dad asks. Violet looks at her sister as Shelby is running her fingers through her own blonde hair. “I’m just about to head towards the gym,” she fibs. Her dad already knew the answer as Violet’s eyes widen. “I thought you wanted to prove me wrong,” he mentions as Violet is starting to get a little nervous. “I will prove that I’m ready for the big leagues,” she retorts. “Show me,” he says before ending the call. Violet screams as she lets those two words linger in her mind. “Don’t say a word,” she mutters while looking at her sister. Shelby holds up both hands as Violet storms out of the room.

I don’t know what’s more nerve racking, making your debut for a new company or trying live up to your father’s high standards. Don’t get me wrong, I love my daddy but it’s not easy living up to his legacy. It’s a good thing my opponent Bea Barnhart is in the same boat. She has to live up to her husband’s legacy. Talk about pressure but if I want to prove my daddy wrong then I need to overcome the pressure. How will I do it? Guess we will find out when the time comes.

It’s a little past nine o’clock in the morning as Violet has begun her training regimen. Shelby is off on the other side working on her own thing. Violet is really working on building up her strength in her legs. She knows that will be the one area she has an advantage over Bea Barnhart. “I have to beat this lady,” she repeats to herself like it’s on loop. Shelby comes running over with a smile on her face. “Hey Vi,” she says into her ear. “What Shelby?” asks Violet. “Do you want to get some in ring practice in today? I’ll be your practice dummy,” Shelby answers. Violet nods her head as both girls make a beeline for the one ring near the far right of the gym.

Thirteen minutes later, Violet is sitting on the ring apron. Shelby comes walking back over holding two bottles of water. Violet takes one and proceeds to do a cheers with her sister. They each take a sip of water while taking a moment to rest their bones. Violet looks at the wall which shows all of the championships her father had won over his career. “Why do you this to yourself?” Shelby asks blatantly. Violet shrugs her shoulders while taking a long gulp of her water. “Why do I do what to myself?” she responds with a question of her own. “You are always challenging our father and putting all this pressure on yourself. It can’t be healthy,” Shelby says with a concerned tone. Violet takes a few minutes to gather her thoughts when the bells above the front door jingle. Shelby turns her head and smiles. Violet keeps her eyes pointed towards the floor as Shelby waves her hand towards the door. “Hi daddy,” she shouts. Dustin waves back while greeting some of his students and coaches. He continues to make his way towards his daughters. “Hello girls,” he finally says as he gets close to them.

“When did you get back?” asks Shelby. “I just got back into town a few hours ago. How’s the training coming kiddo?” He wonders while placing a hand on Violet’s shoulder. She lifts her eyes up as they connect with his eyes. Dustin knows what she is going through and can tell she is having strong doubts. “Dad, am I ever going to be as good as you?” She asks. “That remains to be seen but I know you have the potential to be greater. You just have trust your abilities and utilize the God given talent that got you a Sin City Wrestling contract,” he answers followed by a soft kiss on top of her head. Violet smiles at him as she and Shelby resume their sparring match. Dustin watches while offering constructive criticism towards both of his offspring.

January fifth in Atlanta, Georgia will be a night that the SCW nation will never forget. Two fresh bombshells will clash in a match that could steal the show. That’s what I’m looking to do this Sunday. How about you Bea? Are you up to the challenge? Are you ready to create your own path? That’s what I’m going to do instead of trying to carry on a legacy. Trust me, I know where I come from and I’m proud of my daddy. I’m proud to carry on the Holt name in the wrestling business but I can’t emulate him.

I get it. You want to impress the world and show that you are more than arm candy for Bill Barnhart. The fact that you have to add the word beautiful as your moniker tells me how low your self esteem is these days. I’m well aware that I can be described as a hot mess. Heck, I know that a lot of guys usually get a neck cramp when I walk past them. That doesn’t bother me because I know who I am. I’m not coming into this match hoping to do my best. I know I’m going to give my very best. I just have a few questions. Will you be able to stand on your own two feet? Are you able to keep up? The reason I ask these questions Bea is because I’m not real sure you are ready for this wrestling match. Mainly because you are just stepping into this lifestyle because of your husband. This life is not for the weak at heart and if you keep going you will lose yourself. Another thing I have noticed is that you have a more technical wrestling style. That’s fine with me but with my speed and agility are you going to be able to match me move for move. Not to mention, I’m trained in the art of submission wrestling and have been known to get very kick happy.

Look, I’m not trying to discourage you from trying but I am hoping you realize what is bound to happen. When we clash on Climax Control, I will hold nothing back. So bring it on Bea because one purple rainmaker will make all the difference.