Author Topic: One Chance to make this work  (Read 398 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
One Chance to make this work
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:36:06 AM »

\'user

<p align=right>Birthday Bash
San Diego, California
Featuring Felecia Daze, Jack Stewart and two beautiful girls
Off Camera

It's a very hot sunny day in San Diego, California as Jack Stewart has been up since around seven in the morning. He was setting the backyard up for a bouncy house when his best friend Char Kwan pulls up into the driveway in her Kia. She opens her car door as Jack notices her.

"You are very early," he says in shock as Char just waves him off.

"I know but I wanted to be here to help set up," she replies as Jack just shakes his head.

Char steps to the back of her car and pops open the trunk. She reaches inside and pulls out three large boxes wrapped in funky looking wrapping paper. Jack witnesses the oddly wrapped boxes and tilts his head to the side.

"What are those?" He questions as Char looks at him. Confusion appears across her face as she looks down at the boxes in her hands before glancing back at Jack.

"They're presents for Hannah," answers Char as Jack steps away from the metal stake and walks toward Char. Hannah Stewart was Jack's oldest girl who was turning five. Ever since Jack and his estranged wife had separated Char had become a surrogate aunt to the girls. Char loves the role she plays in their lives but she feels they still need their mother. "Is Felecia coming?"

The question lingers in the air as Jack glares a massive hole into his best friend's chest. Jack Stewart and Char have been best friends since their days on the AV Club at the University of San Diego State. Char knew Jack better than most when it came to romantic mishaps. After Jack took a small break between Honor Wrestling and Sin City Wrestling. He hid himself from the world. He basically chose to be a father first then wrestler. Char had been there when he sat in the divorce lawyer's office contemplating filing for divorce from his wife of six years. When Char asks him about Felecia coming to Hannah's birthday bash, he growled a little.

"You know better than to bring up that name around here," he states with his teeth nearly clenched together. Char shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't see the harm in inviting her to the party. She is Hannah's mother and she has the right to celebrate her child's birthday," Char fires back as Jack rolls his eyes. Jack doesn't really respond as he walks back over to the metal stakes and begins pounding them with a rubber mallet. Char shakes her head while stepping towards the house. She opens the door and is immediately greeted with a running Hannah.

"Is that all for me Aunt Char?" she asks in a very curious tone.

"Yes, but you will have to wait to open them," answers Char as she moves past Hannah and walks into the kitchen.

"Is mommy coming to my party?" asks Hannah as Char looks at her. Char didn't know what to do or say to her little niece. She knows how touchy the situation is around Jack. She also knows it's not good for these beautiful girls to be without a mother.

"I don't know Hannah," Char finally answers as Hannah's eyes turn to sadness. Char could see the hurt in the young girl's eyes as she places the gifts on the counter. Hannah somberly walks out of the room as Char exits the house through the back door. She sees Jack pulling the bouncy house out of the garage. "I hope you are happy with yourself Jackson Rodney," Char says while standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

Jack flinched as Char used his full name against him. "What?" he asks quizzically.

"I just lied to your daughter about her mother coming to her birthday party. God, I swear you are so clueless sometimes Jack," Char says as Jack feels as if he is getting hit with a single shot full of nothing but truth.

"I'm sorry. I'll invite her over but I'm not talking to her," he caves as Char smirks.

"You will talk to her Jack or I will dunk you in that pool with your clothes on," warns Char as Jack gulps.

Three hours have passed as the backyard is starting to fill up with little girls. Jack is tying up a piƱata as Char sees a silver Honda Accord pull up behind her car. A smile grazes across her lips as she opens the front door. She steps out onto the front step as the car door opens. A beautiful brunette steps out of the car as Char starts moving towards the woman.

"Char!" The woman shouts as Hannah whips her head around to see her mother standing in the driveway.

"MOMMY!!!" Hannah screams as she sprints toward her mom. Char feels a swift breeze blow past her as Felecia drops to one knee. Hannah flings her arms around Felecia's neck as Char watches closely. A slight tear runs down her cheek as Hannah heads back toward the party. Felecia stands back up as she embraces Char.

"It's so good to see you Char," says Felecia as Char nods her head.

"Likewise," she replies while hooking her arm around Felecia's arm and leading her towards the backyard. Felecia Daze is Jack's estranged wife and the mother of their daughters. Char knows Felecia still loves Jack but is afraid her mistakes has cost them so much more than she realized.

"I was shocked when Jackson texted me an invite. I thought he was through me," says Felecia.

"Oh, you have me to thank for that one. He almost didn't want to invite you but I forced him too," Char admits proudly as Felecia chuckles a bit. Felecia was skeptical of Char at first but they sense have become great friends. Char knows Jack still loves Felecia but is too stubborn to do anything about it.

"I wish I could have seen that," says Felecia.

"It's more like I threatened him. He will talk to you or he's going for a swim," replies Char.

Another chuckle escapes from Felecia as Jack steps over to them.

"Are you ladies enjoying the party?" he asks as Char looks at him.

"I'm having a grand time. Why don't you talk with Felecia?" she suggests while patting Jack on the shoulder.

Jack and Felecia step out of sight as Char joins her niece and her friends. Char joins in on a game of hide and seek when she overhears yelling coming from the front of the house. As the girls are playing, Char slips away to see what is going on. Char notices Felecia is holding her head as Jack is reading her the riot act. Char slaps herself on the face when her phone vibrates in her pocket.

"I swear Jack.....," Char can't finish her thought when she reads the text from Dustin Holt. Char looks at the text and sighs. "Great," she mumbles to herself while stepping onto the crosswalk. "Jack, I have to go," she says as Jack turns to look at her.

"Go? Where?" He asks as Char shrugs her shoulders.

"Dustin just texted me saying he needs to see me," she answers as Felecia looks at her then at Jack.

"Please, don't leave," Felecia begs as Char gives her hug.

"I have to go sweetie but Jack here will talk to you like a civilized human being. Or I will take his privilege of playing on my PS4," Char states as Jack gulps. Char was the only one who had PS4 and had MLB The Show on it. Jack sighs as he agrees to talk with his wife. Char smiles as she gets into her car. Felecia moves her car out of the way as Char backs down the driveway.

<p align=right>Gamer Inc Headquarters
Los Angeles, California
Featuring Dustin Holt
Off Camera

Several hours have passed since Char left her niece's birthday bash. Traffic wasn't so bad as she whips into the parking lot of Gamer Inc headquarters. She pulls into her parking space as Dustin Holt, one of the co founders of Nerds Entertainment which homes Gamer Inc, is standing outside the office. He is wearing dark wash jeans and a t-shirt. Char is still confused as to why he would need to see her. She cuts off her engine and steps out of the vehicle.

"What's up Dustin?" She asks in a curious tone.

"We need to chat," he answers in a stern voice.

This couldn't be good. Dustin has never raised his voice until recently when Beverly Milsap got into his face. She had been unhappy with the pay and wanted more. Char is trying to think of what she did to possibly piss him off.

"Is something wrong?" She wondered.

Dustin motions for her to follow him as Char does so without any more questions. The awkward silence was bothering her as she started humming a song while watching her boss walking in front of her. As time goes by, Dustin stops in front of a room that is locked.

"Huh, what is going on?" She asks feeling very nervous. Dustin looks at her, opens the door and reveals a room filled with recording equipment.

"Jimmy and Jack were telling me about this great opportunity you got in Sin City Wrestling," he starts as Char looks at him.

"Are you talking about my participation in the Blast From The Past tournament?" She responds with a question.

Dustin nods as he pulls out a rolling chair.

"Have you recorded a promo video for them? Have you been training?" He asks as Char was taken aback. Char knew Dustin was a former world champion in his own right. She knew he was well versed in trash talk and backing it up. That was something she lacked. She was never someone who talked with words.

"I haven't taped one yet. I'm still doing research on my opponents," she answers honestly. Dustin nods his head again while pointing towards the center of the room.

"Let's tape one now. I think you can get the job done," he suggests as Char shrugs her shoulders.

<p align=right>Recording Room
Gamer Inc Headquarters
Los Angeles, California
On Camera

Char steps around the equipment on the floor as Dustin gets the cameras in working order. He sets the audio while looking at Char.

"Are you ready?" He asks her as she gives him a firm nod. Dustin twists a few knobs before giving the go signal. Char takes a minute to collect her thoughts.

"Hello Sin City Wrestling, this is Char Kwan. As you may have heard, I recently signed up to partake in the Blast From The Past tournament. Now, I know what you all are thinking. How can I trust my partner? I know he isn't Jack or Jimmy but I will still compete at a very high level. That means I will put trust in Jack Asher to come through for the team. I don't know a whole lot about Jack but I have this gut feeling that he will not let me down. Will I get upset if I lose this match? Probably but isn't that human nature. Human beings are the worse when it comes to losing or having things not go our way.

Just like its human nature to make others feel like they don't belong. Take me for example, all of my life I have been told i can't do anything because I'm Japanese. I could cry about it but I chose to laugh about it. Why? Because it's funny. Yes, I am Japanese but I am still someone who strives to be the best at everything that I do. Take video games for example, I suck at fighting games but I practice every day so I can one day beat Jimmy and not have to spin the wheel of punishment. The same goes for my wrestling career. I have had minimal success but that's not where I want it to be. So I push myself each week to be better than my last outing.

My last outing didn't go as planned. I fought very hard but it just wasn't enough. I could just give up and give in to those who claim I don't belong. I choose to continue to push through the hardships. I choose to fight through the agony of defeat and find ways to success. So many view losses as a measure of failure. That's one way to look at it but I view losses as a tool to help. My previous outing ended with a loss. I am using that loss to motivate me to do better. I joined this tournament to push myself beyond my normal abilities.

That is something my opposition hasn't done. Mackenzie for example has become complacent in her place here in SCW. She is okay playing lap dog for Daniel Morgan. Mackenzie has so much potential that is being wasted. However, she doesn't see that does she. No. She thinks she has earned the right to be lazy. i have wanted to beat some respect into the likes of London Underground. Now, I get that chance to finally prove that I'm not just some gamer chick who represents the Asian-American community. I am going to show that I am a capable wrestler who can hit you with a kick from out of nowhere.

I don't even know who you are teaming with in this tournament. Frankly, I don't really care because he isn't my concern. My concern is making sure you don't advance. I will do everything within my power to eliminate you. If that means I go against my morals and fight on your level then so be it. You see Mackenzie I will adapt to my surroundings. I will put you down hard. I will make you wish you'd never met me. I will humiliate you in ways that you have never seen before. I'm not the strongest but I am the quickest. I am the best pure striker in Japan and come Sunday. The Japanese Sensation will carry her team into the next round.

I know what is at stake but I'm not going to overlook the opposition. Any team can win. I will just make sure Asher and I are in the winner's bracket. Which means I will take my vitamins, I will wear every lucky charm I got because I will prove to the world that luck and skills go hand in hand. Until then, may the odds be in your favor. Remember, on Climax Control. It's GAME ON."

Dustin stops recording as Char bends at the waist to catch her breath. Dustin is all smiles as the scene slowly begins to fade.