Author Topic: No Games  (Read 359 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
No Games
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:24:50 AM »

\'user

<p align=right>Off Camera

The sun was peaking through the clouds as Jimmy is standing out front of the Gamer Inc office. He has been feeling a little depressed after the last few outings. He had been trying to figure out what to do next. While he was thinking, he could feel the cool breeze brush across his skin.

Jimmy: This weather sure is lovely.

Jimmy comments as he is sits on a low wall made out of brick. He was watching some squirrels chase each other when a hand lightly touches his shoulder. Jimmy looks up to see his father Mason Andrews standing next to him.

Mason: What are you thinking about son?

Mason Andrews, the twin brother of Travis Nathaniel Andrews, is a former wrestler in his own right. He has sense become a prominent legal lawyer.

Jimmy: I'm thinking about whether this Gamer Inc was a good idea. I swear it would make people respect us more.

Mason: Is that really what you are worried about Jimmy? You worried about getting respect. You have been hanging around your uncle for too long.

Jimmy looks at his father with a look of confusion on his face.

Jimmy: I don't think it would be so hard to finally gain some respect for once. My friends and I have worked so hard to finally be considered a potential threat.

Mason takes a seat next to his son while looking out onto the horizon.

Mason: Respect isn't something you can just pick off a tree. It's earned through hardwork. That is something you and your friends have been doing since you first signed. I'm sure your cousin could use this advice.

Jimmy scrunches up his lips as Jack steps out onto the ledge. He is carrying a plate full of Buffalo Wings.

Stewart: Anybody up for some wings?

Jimmy smiles while taking a few pieces. Mason waves him off as Jack takes a few himself.

Jimmy: What are you doing here Jack?

Jack takes a bite out of his wing and looks at Jimmy. He mumbles with meat in his mouth. Jimmy shakes his head while laughing. As tears slowly form in his eyes, Beverly and Char join the two men and Jimmy's father.

Char: Are you two going share?

She teases while snatching some wings off the tray. Beverly is quietly picking Mason's brain as Char is arm wrestling Jack.

Jimmy: Where did you two come from?

Jimmy is trying to figure out how both of them showed up without even calling.

Milsap: We were just upstairs when we smelt wings.

Beverly tosses back a few wings herself as Jimmy shakes his head. Jack was grinning as both Beverly and Jimmy took a minute to glance at each other. Char notices the two of them as a light bulb goes off over her head.

Char: Have you guys thought about filming a promo together for Sin City Wrestling?

Beverly shrugs as Jimmy rubs his chin. Char looks at both of them while holding up her cell phone. Jimmy and Beverly look at each other as Char presses the record button.

Climax Control in San Jose, California will be one of historic proportions. Team Eggplant has been impressive as a mixed tag team since they arrived. They have beaten everyone put before them. However, they have not faced a team quite like Gamer Inc. I know the drill. You think because we have lost more than we have won that we don't deserve this opportunity. Sierra thinks we don't think about our losses. That's just not true. We acknowledge our shortcomings so we know where we need to improve for the next time out. Since she brought it up, Jack and I nearly beat Alex and Austin. They had no real answer for us. Amy Santino got a lucky break against Char.

Respect! That is the keyword in this contest. It's not just about the championships. Jimmy and I are going to compete for the first time. Which means, you will have no idea what we can bring to the table. Jimmy is a technically gifted athlete while I love to fly around like a reckless bird. We complement each other very well. We share a common bond that we are tired of getting overlooked because of what we love to do outside of wrestling. What we do is really no business of yours. It's our lives and we will live it how we see fit. Now when it comes to our in ring work. No one can question our work ethic. We arrive early and leave late. When was the last time either of you did that. When was the last time you actually gave your opponent the benefit of a doubt.

Don't waste your breath Bev. You know damn well Lachlan Kane and Sierra are looking down at us. They don't believe we have the skills to embarrass them. They think we are an easy victory just like everyone else has said about us. I guess they forgot about what happens when you underestimate us. The Metal Maniacs did that in our debut match and what happened. They got a broken console for their efforts. I have full confidence that we can take those belts off them. It's obvious that Sierra wants to be on her own. Not to mention Lachlan has been a bust after his previous bouts. Both individuals will find out that we aren't playing games this Sunday.

If they don't understand that then maybe we will have to make it very clear for them. Do we need to write it out for them? Do we need to send it into all news stations? Team Eggplant was a hot ticket item when they first arrived but now they are old news. They no longer fit the mold. Jimmy and I will send them packing. We aren't afraid to go toe to toe with the very best. Win, lose or draw we always bring out very best.

Losing isn't an option this time around. I don't care if I need to tap into my own family's bag of tricks. I will do whatever it takes to help bring gold into the Gamer Inc camp. Team Eggplant had a great run. However their run has come to an end. Sierra and Lachlan, we have a broken console with your name on it. Consider this your only warning because NO GAMES will played.