Author Topic: For The Love Of The Business  (Read 491 times)

Offline Lachlan Kane

• View Profile
    • Lachlan Kane
For The Love Of The Business
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:42:39 PM »
 March 20
Brooklyn, New York

Lachlan Kane couldn’t remember the last time he had this much time off from the ring that wasn’t injury-related. If he was being honest with himself, it was driving him absolutely around the bend. Having to sit at home, watching while everyone he knew was busy competing...it rankled him to no end. But at the same time, he knew that it was probably for his own good. He hadn’t exactly endeared himself to Mark or Christian with his behaviour as of late, so he figured having this time off would be a good chance to get his head right, and hopefully rekindle his spark for the business.

Currently, he was sitting in his living room in the apartment he shared with his soon-to-be wife, Sierra Williams. She was busy putting the two girls to bed, so he took the opportunity to watch some of his old matches, back in the days of Division. He smiled as he watched his performances, remembering the happiness he had felt at finally being able to wrestle in the US. It had been something he had been wanted for so long, and that first year he had been on top of the world.

So where had it all gone so wrong?

Before he could go down that dark line of thought, a hand came to rest on his shoulder, and he glanced up to see Sierra looking down at him. “Reliving the glory days?” she said as she sat down next to him on the couch, cuddling up to his side.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, kissing the side of her head. “In a way. I just felt like I needed a little trip back in time. Try to remind myself how happy this business made me.

What brought this on?

It was something you said in your promo. The fact that I lost my spark for the business.

Sierra hung her head a bit. “I’m sorry.

Lachlan looked at her curiously. “What for?

It was my fault. I let my bad attitude kill your love of wrestling. If it wasn’t for me-

She was interrupted when Lachlan took her face in his hands and gently pulled her towards him, giving her a long, lingering kiss. He pulled back and pressed his forehead to hers, looking deep into her eyes. “Listen to me, Si. None of that was your fault. You have been so amazingly supportive of me through all this, and I can’t begin to tell you how much you mean to me. We’ve both been stumbling since we went solo, but we’re gonna get through this together and make this year our year.

Sierra gave him a smile, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him in for a hug. “When you say it, I really do believe it.” She pulled away a bit, but stayed in his arms. “So, you’re back in action this week. How you feeling about it?

Lachlan let out a breath. “Bit nervous, but I think I finally got my head straight. I know I was pretty pissed at Mark and Christian at first when they stopped booking me, but now I see that they were just trying to help me. They knew that I wasn’t myself, and I think they recognized that I needed the time away to reassess my priorities. I didn’t see it at first, but now I do and I’m grateful to them for giving me that.

So, you ready for Travis Levitt?

More than ready. After all, the guy hasn’t really been doing all that hot, has he? To be honest, I’m a bit surprised that he ended up in Wolfslair...well, as long as it lasted, anyways.

Sierra let out a short laugh. “No kidding. Alex Jones must have been drunk when he made that call. Regardless, I can’t wait to watch you get back in that ring and back to what you love.

Lachlan smiled and kissed her again. “You just want to see me in my ring gear again.

Sierra rolled her eyes, lightly punching his arm. “That’s just an added bonus.

They laughed as they settled in on the couch together as the scene faded out.
>