Author Topic: "Internet Title Preview!"  (Read 534 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
"Internet Title Preview!"
« on: January 15, 2021, 09:50:34 PM »
Last week Caleb didn’t know who his first challenger was going to be heading into Inception IV but that changed in a hurry, this week the two Internet Champions were teaming up to take on their upcoming challengers as Caleb was teaming up with Myra Rivers to take on Candy and Caleb’s first challenger, Italian Superstar Agostino Romano in a mixed tag team match and with Blast from the Past being mere weeks away, this match could serve as a prelude for things to come, can Caleb win his first match in 2021?

Backstage at Climax Control 289, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 10th of January 2021, 11:00pm

Well, that was a hell of a way to start the year.

I said heading into the match with Kris Ryans that I was out to prove myself as a worthy champion win or lose and I think the fact that I was able to hang with him pretty much says it all! Still, I don’t know who my first challenger is, and Katie is waiting for me to have a shower and get changed out of my wrestling gear before we left the arena for home.

At least I’m leaving the arena in better shape than Jessie.

“Okay, at least Jessie’s awake at the hospital.” I overheard Katie muttering to herself as I got changed into my street clothes, it didn’t take me long to figure out what Katie was on about as I put on my Paganizer t-shirt ready for the return trip home. “And apparently swearing up a storm due to her injuries and Evie’s attack in general.”

“Considering how brutal the attack was, I can’t blame her.” I commented with a shrug as I started drying and brushing my hair. “Jessie may be a divisive figure on the Bombshell Roster, but I doubt even her harshest critics felt she deserved that.”

“Let me put it this way, Daniel told Jake to give Jessie his best when he asked if he even needed to say why Jessie can’t attend the after party and he hasn’t exactly been known to mince his words about her title shot antics in the past!” Katie pointed out and I nodded once I got the idea, and quickly realized what her next question was. “We are going to that after party, right? If Jessie’s not going, we need some team metalhead representation there!”

“I don’t know, I’m not comfortable leaving Lemmy alone in the house that long.” I pointed out and Katie nodded in agreement as a note was slipped under my locker room door. “You know how lonely doggos can get!”

“True enough, maybe we should just go straight home.” Katie nodded in agreement as I went over to check out the note. “Just throwing a wild guess out there but if that’s not next week’s card, I’ll be surprised!”

“It’s next week’s card.” I assured her and Katie grinned before I went over it, it didn’t take me long to find my match as it was the second match on the card, but one thing did catch my eye. “Well, I know who my first challenger is!”

“What? Are they doing another Number One Contender’s Match and the result is easy to predict?” Katie asked and I shook my head before showing her the card with my finger pointed to the match in question. “You and Myra Rivers vs. Agostino Romano and Candy in a Champions vs. Challengers match, well unless SCW’s started doing Intergender One on One Matches, it seems like Agostino’s your first challenger.”

“Seems that way.” I nodded in response before I grabbed the duffel bag with my ring gear in it and slung the Internet Championship over my shoulder. “I’ll need to think of some plan off attack for Agostino on the way back, obviously I’ll be leaving Candy to Myra.”

“Let’s hope she doesn’t get tooth decay.” Katie snarked before we headed out of my locker room and to the parking lot.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 14th of January 2021, 18:00pm

You know what’s really funny in hindsight? That tooth decay joke.

Why? Because I had a dental appointment today which meant I couldn’t drop Katie off at the Go Gym like I usually do (she can drive but due to the long hours and how exhaustive the training is, we agreed that it was best that I drive her to and from her training sessions) leaving her to ask someone from the Go Gym to fulfil those duties today.

And appropriately enough, that someone ended up being SCW’s resident gamer girl Krystal Wolfe, why is that appropriate? I was playing on my Nintendo Switch when the two women arrived.

“Your doing great Katie.” Krystal complemented Katie as they walked into the kitchen where I was sitting with Lemmy at my feet, that didn’t last long as the Labrador quickly ran up to greet our new visitor. “Hey Lemmy!” Krystal greeted in an excited voice as she knelt down to stroke our dog.

“Yeah, I heard that she was progressing nicely last week.” I nodded towards the two women as I put Mario Maker 2 on pause. “And thanks again for picking up the slack Krystal.”

“Yeah well, it was mostly because I was the only graduate on hand with a driver’s license and every other trainee was just as tired as Katie.” Krystal nodded in response as she stood up. “I won’t be staying long, COVID-19 and all that shit, but I wanted to see what song parodies you had in store.”

“Sorry to disappoint but my band’s been focussing on more original music rather than the parodies.” I responded with a shrug as we head Krystal’s phone go off with a notification. “Plus, since I re-used the Girl in the Tower parody, I think they’ve run their course already.”

“Yeah, I don’t think so, there’s plenty of other songs you can parody and I’m still waiting on the Never Gonna Give You Up parody.” Krystal responded (unintentionally giving me an idea) before she got her phone out to check the notification, it’s not often that you see a professional wrestler geek out in real time but that was what me and Katie saw once Krystal saw the notification. “OH, MY. FUCKING. GOD!!!!!!!!!”

“I think you just scared the living daylights out of Lemmy.” Katie joked as our Labrador looked at the Australian woman with his head tilted to the side, Katie looked at the tweet for herself and her grin widened. “Within Temptation liked your tweet about listening to one of their songs!?”

“Hell yeah, their official Twitter account and everything!” Krystal responded before sitting down as the excitement overcame her. “As soon as I get home, I’m going full fangirl mode! Blasting out Within Temptation until the neighbours complain, digging out the t-shirts that may or may not fit me anymore.”

“Man, and I thought I was a fan of Unleash the Archers.” I joked and Krystal gave me a knowing smirk. “Then again, you don’t use Within Temptation as your theme music in SCW.”

“My last indie theme was “What Have You Done” but for my SCW/SCU career I wanted to go with something more video gamey for lack of better term.” Krystal explained before she promptly stood up. “I gotta head home but keep up the hard work at the Go Gym Katie.”

“I will, thanks.” Katie nodded before Krystal left the house. “Now I’m wondering how you’d react if Unleash the Archers liked one of your tweets.”

“Let me put it this way, you might find a hole in the shape of my body in the roof off our house afterwards.” I responded with a grin and Katie laughed before I got up to start preparing dinner.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 15th of January 2021, 11:00am

*promo time*

Well, this has been an interesting week but it’s time I got my promo done so here I am ready to do just that.

“One week ago, I had one burning question on my mind, could I beat Kris Ryans? The answer was no but that brought about a second question: who was my first challenger going to be? And just like my first question, that question was quickly answered in the form of my next match as I’m teaming with fellow Internet Champion Myra Rivers to take on Candy and my first challenger for the SCW Internet Championship Agostino Romano!”

This will be good as I start with Candy briefly.

“Look, I know I’m not going to be facing Candy directly in this match, I may have made some dumb decisions in my SCW career, but I know how they handle intergender matches! That said, Candy you kicked off last year by not only beating Sam Marlowe for the Roulette Championship but holding onto it for several months, question is, can history repeat itself at Inception IV? Only one way to find out that answer and that’s to see what happens between you and Myra at Inception IV!”

And now onto my challenger.

“Now I haven’t held the title as long as Myra but I’m going to be taking my challenger as seriously as Myra will take her challenger! So, with that said Agostino, in terms of size, wrestling style and youth, we’re remarkably similar, we’re both young, we’re both high flyers, though you incorporate a brawling style to go with the high flying which is something I’m still not sure how you pull off, and we come from non-combat backgrounds, I was in a band before I joined SCW, you were a race-car driver.”

And (aside from the fact that I’m American and he’s Italian) that’s where the similarities end.

“And I know what your thinking heading into this match because I’ve been in that spot myself, you are hungry for your first title and you’re seeing our match at Inception IV as an opportunity to win your first title in SCW, unfortunately for you Agostino I’m not giving up this belt that easily! I made a New Year’s Resolution to prove J2H wrong and hold onto this belt for a whole year and regardless of who they put in front of me, I intend to see it through!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This match is basically a two for the price of one preview for Inception IV, we have the Bombshell Internet Champion Myra Rivers going at it with her challenger Candy whilst I’ll be duking it out with Agostino Romano when it’s our turn to play! For that reason, I’m keeping my words about Agostino brief so I can save the juicy stuff for Inception IV but until then Candy and Agostino had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms and Myra Rivers, otherwise known as Team Internet Champion!”

I walked off to feed the dog as the scene fades.
user posted image