Author Topic: Sometimes (Kat Jones BOTP)  (Read 509 times)

Offline Kat Jones

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Sometimes (Kat Jones BOTP)
« on: February 25, 2022, 06:47:36 PM »

Sometimes it is a good thing that you work for multiple companies. Dual paychecks baby! Also double the chance at gold around your waist. But for Kat it was more about proving herself somewhere else where her family does not have the gold strapped around their waists. The bad thing about working for multiple companies… Sometimes shit goes down and you would have wished someone in the family was there with you.. But you are on your own. Sometimes you are put into a match that will leave you aching for weeks but you basically have a couple of days to get the fuck over it. And that is exactly what is happening with Kat. In short.. Kat works for another promotion.. No big deal a lot of us do that right.. So in that promotion she is on her own. No family.. No real friends, just the one she recently made. That is a long story for another time. The new friend is in the match with her. She was in a tag team match.. Her partner has a feud going on.. The rival has a goon squad tag team that, put together weighs too damn close to 700 lbs.. Kat and her partner combined barely ticked 400 lbs. The weight of one of the monsters she was facing.. Now do not get me wrong Kat fought her heart out and did some damage of her own. But let's be honest.. 2 gigantic motherfuckers.. 1 big tag team partner and then there was Kat.. What is wrong with that picture..

Exactly! Kat was in there.. I mean she is maybe on a good week 130 lbs soaking wet with a brick in her pocket..  And that is not this week as she has been toning down.. So that did not help one bit in this match. The lightest one besides her was twice her weight and nearly a foot taller. And people wondered why she tweeted to ask what the hell she did to the owner of that company to be put in that situation.. Literally asking if she took his brownie at catering. Now she knew it would be an uphill battle.. She was holding her own quite well in the match she did not however consider being ganged up on. Put into a submission hold by a guy that was not even in the match while her partner was helpless to stop it being handcuffed to the ropes.. Powerbombed onto the apron.. Slammed back first into the ringpost and as the cherry on top of a holy fucking hell carcrash sundae.. She was slammed through a table.. You can imagine how that feels. Cringeworthy.. I know.. She had shown her back on twitter.. And that was before the worst of the bruising started showing. Kat had spent hours in different healing baths trying to get the worst of the damage done to her muscles and skin treated. She would not let her tag partner down in SCW..

~Thursday Morning Palisade Colorado~

After too much vicodin and way too much whiskey she finally fell asleep for a couple of hours.. Okay okay it was not much.. Fine… She got 3 hours.. She got up and downed a lot of coffee.. She always drinks a lot of coffee but this was taking that to the next level. She was a good girl and did the bathing routine that Whisper told her to do again, to try and get her body to move somewhat normally. Ice packs and hot baths. Oils and creams. Anything you can think of to try and get back to somewhat normal. Thick layers of clothing and a phone call to Whisper to warn her that she needed to be put back together. A small argument with Chris because he did not want her to go train already within 36 hours of that beatdown. But stubborn as Kat is she got her way.. It runs in the family.. The chosen family.. Or it might be the big chocolate brown eyes and pouty lip she gave him. Either way it worked. At the HG Kat was honored to be part of Mac’s transformation. The family was there for her when she got her wings and she was never more proud of Mac than she is right now. Working out with a special belt to support her back and just about an entire roll of athletic tape wrapped strategically around her torso was weird. She was not used to the stiff feeling of her torso and core. But it would surely benefit her in the long run. No ring work there was no need to aggravate her bruised and battered body even more so than it already is. While Mac went at it with Rene, that is like a car crash in the ring those two. You know it can get really ugly but you can not help but watch mesmerized at the feats of strength from both of them. Kat was pulled away from the action pouting all the way to Whisper’s office and medical room.

Kat : I was enjoying the match between them..

Whisper : You will get to see that plenty more times. They always end up sparring because Rene is the biggest opponent we can give Mac here at the moment. Besides the old bastard is tough as nails and Mac loves that.

Kat nodded and sighed resigning herself to be aching more in a bit..

Kat : Where do you want me..

Whisper: On the table.. Let me remove the tape carefully first.. You can not keep it on. I have a few bathing oils you need to use later.

Kat winced as she laid down on the treatment table. Whisper started her magic with soft hands removing the tape and with a healing oil soothed the irritated skin and it cooled down the heated bruised areas.

Whisper : You sure did a number on your back.

Kat : They did a number on my back and I gave them hell too. I could not leave Raab to face them by himself.. He was not able to prevent this.. I am going to have to deal with him feeling guilty over this soon enough. There is one man behind this and while Raab may get him first.. But I will get my hands on Tact and make him regret it.

Whisper smiled proudly and started the chant song that lulled Kat into a deep state of relaxation allowing Whisper to do everything she needed to. Including removing the kinks out Kat’s muscles cramped up underneath bruised skin and lord knows what else she did as Kat zonked out on the table. When Whisper was done she dressed Kat before she called Mac into the office and he saw Kat knocked out laying there on the table.

Mac : I just got done with my training.. Let me grab a quick shower and then I will take her home.

Whisper : I will grab her bag and car keys from the locker when you get back.. She is in worse shape than she let on. While she was sitting here for your wings I could barely tell how bad it was. She was obviously injured but I did not know it was to this extent.

Mac nodded a frown on his face as he did not like seeing Kat hurt like this.

Mac : She only has a couple of days left until our match..

Whisper : She will be there even if she has to crawl to the ring. You know she will.

Whisper covered Kat with a warm blanket and smiled as Mac kissed Kat on the top of her head. The bond was strong between these two.

Whisper : Go shower.. I will watch over her until you are done.

Whisper grabbed a chair and moved it right next to Kat and chanted softly into her ear the healing prayer of the Arch-Angels. When Mac was done with his shower he returned to the office to find that Kat had not even moved a single muscle. Neither of them like that. Together they rolled her over gently and Mac easily picked her up and frowned a little. She was still quite light after all. A soft sigh escaped Kat and she snuggled into his chest making both Whisper and Mac smile. Whisper quickly grabbed Kat’s stuff from the locker room and joined Mac on their way out. He carefully made his way into the main area with a sleeping Kat held tight against his chest. Chris came running towards them but Whisper smiled towards him.

Whisper : She is fine just sleeping. She did not get much sleep last night.

Kim came over and the worry in her eyes was telling enough for Mac to give her a smile.

Mac : I am taking her home. I was going to stay the night anyway. You finish your work-out Chris and I will see you back at the house.

Chris : You sure?

Mac : I got this.

Whisper followed Mac with Kat’s bag of clothes and her car keys in hand. Outside Whisper quickly opened the truck and Mac carefully put Kat in the passenger seat of her own truck. Chuckling at Kat’s mewls of protest as going from warm hug to cold car was not to her liking. mental image.. She sounded much like a squirming kitten mewling because it got wet.. It was only a short drive to Kat’s house and Mac parked near the steps to the front door. Chris was still at the HG preparing for his next title defense so when Mac opened the front door Dakota came rushing out barking until he saw it was Mac and he went right back to the playful puppy. Mac got Kat out of the car and into the house and walked in with Dakota kicking the door shut behind him. Kat was snuggled into his chest tightly and had no plans of letting go of the warmth again so Mac resigned himself to teddybear duty. As strange as it may seem to those that do not know Kat as good as some do. Kat is a gigantic cuddlebug when it comes to her brothers especially if she is hurt, exhausted or sick. Laying down on the couch with Kat curled up on top of him he grabbed a throw blanket off the back of the couch and tucked it around Kat and closed his eyes taking the moment to rest as well. It was about two hours later when Kat stirred on top of Mac..

Kat : What the..

Kat slowly moved her head and looked right into the highly amused face of her big brother. She curled into him, still quite confused.

Kat : What the hell happened? I was at the HG right… And oh shit I need to get off of you.. Your back must be killing you with those wings on there.

Kat tried to move but Mac just held her down with one arm. Unfair sometimes how big and strong he is. Kat looked right at his grayish blue eyes with her own dark brown ones. Kat does not hold back much of anything most of the times and exhaustion and pain often make her lose whatever filter she has.

Kat : Mac.. What if…

Kat halted for a moment and sighed..

Kat : What if I can not beat Mikah… With my loss against Roxy.. Why should I even be a Savior anymore…..

Mac: Being a savior has zero to do with wins and losses, it’s about a mind set, we all lose from time to time. That’s a given.

Kat nodded and laid her head back down on his shoulder. She sighed softly and snuggled into the warmth before she whispered.

Kat : I do not want you guys to look bad because of me you know.

He nodded, understanding how much this means to her.

Mac: You’ll never make us look bad, even in a loss. We don’t concern ourselves with public perception. One should never care about the opinions of others outside of the family. It’s really none of our business what they think.

Kat nods and speaks softly..

Kat : The family are the ones I am scared of disappointing the most.. Not because of any punishments or training regimes. Whisper has done everything she could and more to help me over the past 8 years and I want to make her proud.. I want to make the entire family proud.. Not regret for helping me.. For taking me in.. Making me an Arch-Angel…

He studied her for a moment, giving her a gentle smile.

Mac: I hope you don’t really think you could do that.

Kat curled in on herself a bit and her voice was a near whisper..

Kat : I could.. and probably already did..

Mac: Not hardly sister, not hardly. Don’t you think if you had, Kim and Whisper both would have been all over that? They are not the type to let things like that go without saying something. Be confident in who you are Kat.

Kat nodded, she knew the words but the feeling was not there.

Kat : Ever since I lost to Roxy I lost a bit of that confidence and the losses just piled up on me.. I was never the most confident person anyway.

Kat looked up at Mac with sad eyes..

Kat : I just do not want to disappoint you.. The family.. The saviors… And now I need to figure out how to be in somewhat decent shape before Sunday.. Make sure that if we were to win it is by me pinning Mikah… Just typical and for sure my kind of luck to face you in the tournament while I am physically wrecked..

Mac: Maybe what you should do is focus on Whisper for a bit, you need more rest and less worry.

Kat knows he is right but her mind is conflicted and she needs to come to terms with the fact that she has to make sure that she is the one settling the match with Mikah.. And with the pain clouding her judgment not to mention that she had quite a bit of vicodin and whiskey in her system last night.

Kat : Will you stay here a bit longer.. Because if you are good right now and not in pain from your back then I will gladly not move..

Mac nodded and pulled the blanket over them again keeping them nice and warm. Kat’s eyes closed and soon after fell asleep again.. Their sibling bond is still growing stronger.

~Friday afternoon- Hells Gates Grand Junction Colorado~

As the camera goes in to focus on a sweaty Kat Jones as she is sitting on a chair leaning forward the HG training ring behind her. She had obviously just finished her work-out. Sunlight streaming into the HG and the overhead lights making her look paler than she already is.. Her head is slightly tilted and her eyes sparkle with barely hidden desire for carnage and destruction.

Kat : This Climax Control we are facing the team of Mikah and Mac Bane.. Now as most of you already know Mac is like my big brother.. In many ways he is my brother. And that makes facing his team a bit different than most. Now I know Mac better than most and I know that if I hold back in any way you will personally kick my ass, right my brother.. And that is something I will definitely try to avoid by any means.. I may be crazy as hell but I am a far cry from stupid.. And I told you in person and I will tell everyone now.. I will not be sitting here and try to insult you.. As much as I want to win this match and the entire tournament it is not worth losing my brother over.. But there is a good thing about all of this.. We will not be physically fighting each other.. I would, do not get me wrong.. Hell you know I would.. I do not back away from a challenge after all. And we have faced each other in the training ring before. But this is something different.. There is too much at stake here.. You want your team to win the whole damn thing….. And so do I.. And I know you will not hold back on my partner.

Kat smirked knowing damn well what her brother thought of her partner. She grabs the bottle of water and winces slightly as she sits up straight again..

Kat : And you also know I will not hold back on your partner either.. I love you Mac.. May the best team win..

Kat smirked and winked towards the camera..

Kat : Mikah.. You know my partner well.. And you and I are not strangers to each other either. We have never had reason to be on opposite sides before.. We never really had to. But this time even though most of the time I will probably agree with what you are saying.. This time we will be on opposite sides.. Do not think that just because.. No offense Mark but he is my brother after all.. Just because I do not want Mac to lose the title in a tag team match where the stipulations can make him lose it.. Does not mean I do not want to see Mark Cross vs Mac Bane for the world heavyweight championship.. One on one… I can imagine those two will tear the house down in a singles match up.. So what does that mean for this match.. Well I can wish for many things but the truth is.. Nobody can plan that shit.. Mark might get the upper hand and the pinfall.. I would not break it up.. As much as I would hate to see it happen.. Mac would kick my ass if I broke it up and threw away my own chances in this tournament. But if I had my way… It would come down to you and me Mikah.. And while I know you are that damn fucking good.. I know that you were at the top of the mountain that everyone wanted to climb.. The role my sister now holds a strangle hold on.. I know all of that.. But I have to fight you..

And while I am sure you have fought many crazy bitches before in your days in this business. You have no idea who I have become Mikah.. The lengths I will go to.. Now I can play nice and be a good girl and not take this to the next level.. But your tag team partner would kick my ass for it. There is a reason why Mac and I are brother and sister Mikah.. There is a reason why we fit together so well that I only need one look to know what he is thinking.. I only need one word to know what he means and wants.. It is because we share the same intensity.. The same passion for this business.. We want the same things.. We have the same goals.. And we have the same ruthless mindset.. That same hunger.. That same drive.. We are both Arch-Angels of Wrestling for a reason and that is because we both share the same desire for unapologetic violence.  I do not go out there to tear someone's limbs clear of their bodies, I am no monster.. I have no problems with you Mikah but.. You are in my way.. That means you have become an obstacle and I have no problem getting rid of obstacles..

Kat smirked and more of the old Kat Jones is showing.. The fire and intensity returned to her eyes.

Kat : Mikah.. You may be good girl, but do not think for a single second that we got past the last round because Mark dragged a lesser competitor to the next round and with him to the finals. No sweetheart. You are going to find out for yourself why I am exactly like my brother. Intense.. Ruthless.. Cunning.. And I promise you this.. I will unleash unapologetic violence on you.. I have for years favored the submission moves as I love it when my victims scream for me.. While some may be unapologetically violent with weapons and use of their surroundings.. I do not need any of that.. I only need to use my body to twist you up and make you scream… And want to know the kicker… Your screams for mercy will not be answered.. Not by me.. Not by your tag team partner because if it comes down to it.. I will twist you in a perfectly legal and exquisitely painful hold and lock it in tight.. Where you feel your tendons stretch and muscles strain.. What will you do then Mikah.. The moves I use there is no easy escape from.. I am a submission wrestler.. Bending and twisting people in the most painful of holds is what I do best and I would love nothing more than to hear your screams echoing in my head all fucking night long…

What will you do when your tendons are stretched so far that they begin to tear clear of the bone… What will you do when you feel that burning sensations of muscles tearing in half as they cave to the pressure.. You will scream.. You will tap.. You will end this match in the way I want it to happen the most.. Am I completely healthy and fit right now.. No.. I am not.. I did not hide what happened to me.. I do not care if you know that my back is one gigantic bruise.. Because in that ring I become a different person Mikah.. And adrenaline is the best painkiller.. Will I suffer from it later.. For sure.. I don’t mind suffering Mikah.. I have fought through much worse and much harder obstacles in my life than a bruised back.. I will tape it up.. Look fucking stupid but as a zebra with black gear and white tape.. But I will be in that ring.. I will be fueled by righteous anger and adrenaline and that is a dangerous combination.. For you..

Kat smirked and took a sip of water placing the bottle on the ground and smirking as she sat up straight.. Anger fueled by the pain racing through her body..

Kat : Anger fueled by pain.. If you knew half of what I am feeling right now that should make you worry a little.. And I have always been more focused, more determined, and more vicious when I am hurt.. And that is what you are going to be dealing with.. You can look towards your tag team partner for information about the injuries I sustained but hell you can watch it back they broadcasted it for the world to see after all.. But.. I will make it easier on you sweetheart.. Imagine this.. Wednesday my back was slammed into a ringpost.. I was powerbombed onto the apron.. Ganged up on by two goons working for a big nosed son of a bitch. Same big nosed son of a bitch stepped into the ring.. With his goons handcuffed my partner to the ropes.. Proceeded to put me in a submission hold for a long time. Refused to fucking tap to it.. And to add the little cherry on top of a very violent cocktail.. I was slammed through a table.. But they did not kill me.. I will be at SCW on Sunday.. I will step into the ring.. Take every bit of pain that I feel as fuel to give you a dose of the pain and see how you handle it..

Mark and I may be the strangest pairing left in this tournament.. We sure as hell should not fit together and yet.. We do.. Are we best buddies now.. No.. But I do not share the intense hatred you apparently have for him.. I know he is a giant goofball.. I am used to that.. The biggest goofball on twitter is my other brother.. But can you deny his talent.. If you do.. Then I am sorry for my brother but that means you have lost your damn mind.. He has won this tournament twice before.. He has been world champion several times over.. He has pretty much done everything in SCW that you can imagine.. Do not mistake the goofball side for stupid.. Do not just look at that aspect of him.. If you do, you are going to make the same mistake so many others have made before you and paid the price for.. And it cost them their spot in the tournaments before this one.. It caused them to lose the chance to face the world champion at that time.. Underestimating him is like underestimating me.. And that will cost you.. Same goes to you, Mac.. But I know you better than that.. You are not stupid.. You are not going to underestimate him, not even if we have matching t-shirts on..

Kat glared towards the camera.. The kind of glare that will make you throw your arms up in mock surrender..

Kat : Don’t you dare laugh at it or I will climb on top of the first turnbuckle and slap you upside the head… Before the bell rings. I do not have a step stool at ringside so the turnbuckle will work just fine..

Kat raises an eyebrow as that message should be received loud and clear by Mac.

Kat : All joking aside.. Mac.. Mikah.. You had both better be ready to bring the best fight of your lives because Mark and I.. We will do just that. Oh and Mikah… Tea with honey after the match will do wonders for your throat.

Kat blows a kiss towards the camera and the scene fades to black.

Chris was the one that held the camera and he put it away quickly as he saw Kat groan in agony..

Chris : You sure you want to do this..

Kat : Have to.. I still got 2 more days to rest and heal.. Right now I need to get the hell home..

Chris picked Kat up and carried her with some protest from Kat to his truck as they drove there together. On the way home Kat decided to call Mark. The ringing tone soon followed..

Mark: Go for The Dragon?

Kat : Hey Mark, this is Kat.

Mark: Oh hey Kat - How’s it going? I just arrived in Reno maybe an hour ago. Saw you got pretty roughed up, you still roughly in one piece?

Kat chuckled and groaned as laughing still hurts her ribs like hell.

Kat : Yeah still one piece, pretty much one big bruise now. I will be fine though and good to go on Sunday. Vicodin and Whiskeyyyyyy!!

Chris joined in on the whiskey part.

Kat : I am flying in tomorrow morning. Want to meet up and talk a bit of strategy?

Mark: Yeah absolutely - I’ll scout out a good breakfast spot and text you over the details. I’ll bring the bottle of Crown I’ve had rattling around in my bag for your medicine cabinet, haven’t felt much like drinking since NYE…

Kat : Oh that sounds good I may need it Sunday night after the match. I do not want to go in there hungover and half numb. I need to feel everything during the match..

Mark: Yes you do. This is the big one, you know that right? Come through this and we’re in the driving seat for the whole damn thing.

Kat : Oh I know. Don’t you worry I will be more than ready for this. I will look like hell but I will be going out there to win the whole damn thing. We are staying at the Atlantis Casino resort. Where are you staying?

Mark: Oh I’ve snagged this sweet AirBnB out near Lake Tahoe - Hot tub, BBQ, little gym…good little after-party spot, at least if I don’t care too much about getting my security deposit back anyway…you know what the Sin City guys are like after a few shots…

Kat : I picked one near the arena so that I can crash right quick after the match.. I may need to borrow your shoulders to lean on after the match. I will be going in on adrenaline and athletic tape.

Mark: I think I can manage that. What are partners for other than to be a good leaning post, huh?

Kat : Thanks bud. I will see you in the morning. Right now I have a date with a steak dinner with Jack and Vicodin as extras.. I will text you the flight number and arrival time.

They said their goodbyes and Kat groaned softly as she moved in the car seat. She looked at Chris with a twisted smile on her face..

Kat : Get me home babe.. I need food, vicodin and whiskey.. Knock myself out and get some sleep we have an early flight to Reno.

Chris : I will make dinner tonight you go and get a hot bath in.. Get that healing going and I will grill the steaks.

Kat : You are the best babe.. I love you..

Chris : And I love you..

Driving home and doing exactly that.. Heal by food and tender love and care.. Baths and creams.. Poison with vicodin and whiskey.. And after too much of the poison she could finally feel blissfully numb and find some sleep.. Hoping against hope that even shooting up a drunken prayer to whatever deity that would listen that she could survive the flight tomorrow morning and make it through this match.. And hopefully.. The next round.