Author Topic: The Kat and The Dragon  (Read 555 times)

Offline Kat Jones

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
The Kat and The Dragon
« on: February 11, 2022, 08:12:06 PM »

The moment that the tag team partner drawing was done and over with,Kat was feeling the pressure. They expect a lot from her in SCW which is evident with the way her matches are described. She did not feel so confident having just lost to Roxi. And then she heard her name last… Which meant the only male she did not hear named was Mark Cross.. The man looking to make it a threepeat of wins of this tag team tournament.. Her mood which was already dark by now darkened even more.. Another person she could be letting down. She was in the back with the SCW medical staff that wanted to check her over before letting her leave when they announced it.. They noticed her bad mood going downhill to the pits of hell right quick. Wisely said nothing and let her go. She did not say a word to anyone, just got changed and left the arena. She hated those meaningless comments to make you feel better about yourself. She lost fucking end of story. No sweet words like,you will have better luck next time, or this was a great match you should be proud.. or the worst of them all. You did good out there kid. No she did not. She lost. That is not doing good. When she returned home having barely spoken a word in travel she turned to Chris and he just nodded. He knew her better than most and he knew she was blaming herself for the loss. So instead they would train harder. Work harder… Fight harder.. But the lingering words of doubt still played tricks on her mind..

As much pressure she feels from her placing on the cards.. As much pressure she is feeling from the words used to describe her.. Highly impressive.. Much anticipated.. Words that talked her up big time and she failed.. Sure the match was good. It is not like she got steamrolled over or anything that is not the issue. The issue is that she lost.. She failed.. And that did more to her than getting her head spiked into the mat. Kat was broody as hell by nature, she just got even more so after that loss. She had other matches to prepare for and found herself taking out her loss on them. Beating a gigantic man always does wonders for your confidence after all. And that is when she heard who she will be facing and her good mood dropped even more.. Masque… The woman that is behind the changes in her sister.. Or at least helping the changes along. Can she do anything to stop it.. No.. But she can do one thing.. Stop Masque.. Stop her from going on into the tournament and hopefully put a crack in the influence she has over her sister.. Maybe.. Just maybe Kat can be of use to someone she thought she was close to yet again.. Because after all.. That is all she is good for right..

Kat is no fool.. She knows that when it comes down to it. There is maybe one other in SCW that would stand by her.. And even with him she has her doubts.. It is hard not to. He may have gotten her out of the path of destruction that she was on but even with him she doubts his intentions. And she has every right to. I mean if she loses what use will she be then to the cause. So there is no other way to go about it.. Kat has to win… So she will deal with her tag team partner.. Even if there are moments when she wants to strangle him.. And with their clashing personalities those moments will be there more often than not.. And she will do whatever she can to get them to the top. Together.

Kat was at home with Chris and they had just come back from the HellsGates having worked out there and did a sparring match with Kim there. Nothing too major but intense as it always gets when you are in the ring with her. No days off with her and man does she make you work for it.. Neither of them were expecting anything to arrive so when there was a delivery for a package that made both of them frown. Kat was the one that took the delivery with a frown on her face as the man could not give any sender information. She shrugged and walked back into her mountain cabin home back into the warmth. She sat down on the couch with Chris who looked at her with a frown on his face.

Chris : Did you order anything?

Kat : Actually I did not… It is addressed to me.. But not.. Normally.. KittyKat Jones… Oh lord…

Chris : What ?

Kat leaned her head back into the couch with a sigh..

Kat : My tag-partner in this tournament in SCW.. The Blast Of The Past tournament.. He called me that.. God please no.. He was talking about matching t-shirts…

Chris : Oh shit.. Open it up and let’s see how bad it is..

Kat tore the packaging open letting out a huge sigh of relief that the shirt was at least black.. She pulled it out and Chris took it from her hands as she was dreading what it looked like and he chuckled.. Kat looked at him and when he held it up she rolled her eyes.. At least it was something she could wear.. If she could get past the colors on the front.. Worst case she would just wear it over her ass and fling it into the crowd..

Chris : Not too bad.. Could have been way worse.

Kat had to admit that was true.. She nodded and shrugged..

Kat : At least the shirt is black..

Chris : When is Mark arriving anyway?

Kat : Tomorrow.. I got one night left with whatever bit of sanity I got..

Chris grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her in tight..

Chris : So I got this level of sanity for one more night huh..

Kat chuckled and nodded..

Chris : Then we better make the most of it.. It is bad enough that we can not do Super Bowl Sunday with the snacks and party you normally do..

Kat sighed and snuggled into Chris..

Kat : Yeah that sucks.. I wanted to have a party here with everyone but I am going to be in freaking Paradise Nevada.. And you are going to be in Seattle Washington.. The one fucking time the Bengals are in Super Bowl and I am stuck watching it in the back of the arena on a fucking laptop..

Chris : Watch party when we both get home? I know I will be wanting to watch it back anyway, might as well make a re-watch party out of it..

Kat : With snacks! and drinks…

Chris : I will text the guys.. You text the girls…

They both grabbed their phones.

Text : Due to most of us wrestling on Sunday… Rewatch Super Bowl party on the big screen at Kat and Chris’s house Monday night! Kat is making the snacks! Bring whatever you are wanting to drink if it isn’t beer or whiskey.

With that send out they were both a bit happier about it. Even though working on a Super Bowl Sunday still sucks…

The next morning.. Yeah I was not going to give you anymore private life viewing of these two together. Sorry no x rated peep show in this rp.

Mark was scheduled to arrive at 9 am at the HellsGates and to be able to handle his hyper active nature and way too cheerful disposition Kat was already drinking coffee at 5 am in the morning. Now to be fair it was quite normal for her to do that. But she had a feeling she needed it more than ever today. The norm for them is that silence fills the house with only the occasional pouring of coffee and sipping sounds. It is not until they have good and well drained the second pot of coffee together is when Kat is approachable. And not just Kat. Chris is the exact same way.. They do not have an addiction to coffee.. They are in a very loyal committed relationship to the delicious liquid. It allows them to be human at a time they do not want to be up and about quite yet.

As they normally do they start their regular work-out routine at 6 am. Really early for some but it works for Kat as the HG is really quiet then. Just Chris, Rene and Kat. Kim does not come in for work until 9 am. Ari is not there until noon but she works until the late hours. So when it was 9 am and Kim had just walked into the HG she was soon followed by a cheerful and bright eyed Mark Cross who walked up to Kat and immediately hugged her leaving her frozen in his grip and her eyes bulged out. Before she could get out of the shock of the hug itself he had let go and walked up to Chris who just looked at him dumbfounded for a second.

Mark : You must be Chris Madison right. Man, I have heard a lot of good things about you. Current Mainstream world heavyweight champion. I got some GREAT sign ideas for you to hold up to cheer us on. I mean you are going to be there for the blast of the past tournament right??? It would be awesome to have you with us, you know. I mean, you are usually there for Kat’s matches right if it doesn’t clash with your own schedule.

Chris held his hands up and shook his head..

Chris : Woah! Dude slow down.. Unfortunately this week I am not traveling with Kat to SCW I am in a match myself in Seattle.

Mark : Aw man! That sucks..

Chris : About as much as wrestling on Super Bowl Sunday sucks.

Mark : Yeah! Go Rams!!!

Chris’s glance shot to Kat..

Chris : Less yay on the Rams thing.. She is a Cincy girl!

Mark : Ohhhhh… Rawr! Yay Bengals! Mean and Grrrr…

Chris : Less talk about football the better of you will be.. Okay.. The locker rooms are over there you can get changed and we can get to work in the ring on some tag team moves.

Mark gave two thumbs up and Chris smiled, shaking his head slightly before walking over to Kat..

Chris : I see what you meant now…

Kat : Yep.. That’s my tag team partner….

There is no need for a play by play of the annoyances that were given to the crew of the HG when dealing with Mark Cross hyper happy self. If you know who is who in there you would be amazed that he was not strangled yet. Kimberly the technical wrestling coach is known as Kim Pain.. She is going to be wrestling soon herself again and will be showing exactly who she is then but needless to say she matches her ring name.. Pain.. She loves putting people in painful holds and yank them in tight as hell and relishes in their pain and suffering.. Quite colorful on the outside but dark as the night sky in the Colorado mountains on the inside… Then there is Renegade.. Big as an Ox.. Strong as one too.. Often nicknamed big and grumpy and that is not because he has such a sweet smile.. He does.. But never during business hours.. And somehow the sweet smile looks sinister as fuck when it is on a 6’5 and 280 lbs bulldozer like Renegade.. And then there is Whisper.. The mother of the Arch Angels…. The one that unleashed the worst and the best at the same time out of Mac Bane and Kat Jones alike.. She has always been the darkest of them all.. Inside the HG she is the matriarch.. Mother of Mayhem and Destruction… The Soulless Bitch.. The Arch Angel of Wrestling.. Monikers she was given and has earned a thousand times over the years. Can you imagine all of them in one spot… Add in Chris Madison and Cyrus Riddle as they work out there all the time and you get one gigantic dark and broody bunch with one hyper little ball of color bouncing around the place.. But even with all he said.. did.. and to who he did so.. He was still alive.. It sometimes pays to be Kat’s tag team partner… It lets you survive the HG..

In the middle of the HellsGates facility while the rest were working out in the back you could see an empty training ring and Kat was sitting on the apron as Mark did his promo.. Occasionally giving an evil grin and smirking when he spoke the words that got to her. As much of a goofball as he can be outside of the ring he was all business in his promo and Kat could see the approval in Whisper’s eyes as she stood behind the camera. Proudly watching on as he spoke and showed his more serious side.. And that evil smirk on the face of Kat was clear to see until Mark tagged in Kat.

Mark Cross : Hey partner - You’re up! By the way…I’m not impressed you’re not wearing your team shirt…

Kat : I packed it up with my ring gear so I could not forget it my dear..

Kat smirked towards him before glancing back at the camera..

Kat : Blast of the Past has begun ladies and gentlemen and while I am no blast of the past for anyone in the tournament my partner sure as hell is. Now while some may disagree with my opinion that I lucked out in this drawing. I can only say to the negative ones.. Does your partner have a track record like his? I don’t think so.. My partner has two tournament wins to his name and is looking to make it three. And I will do whatever I need to do to get him there.. As that would mean we both get what we want. Because no matter what games people play and what they say is all fine and well.. At the end of the day we all want the prize that the tournament gives you.. Title matches and another accomplishment on the old mantlepiece.. Because no matter how you disguise it.. That is what it is all about..

You can disguise your desire to win the tournament behind fancy tales and creepy stories and go all out. What it comes down to is that this is a challenge.. And I meet challenges head on and I am going out there with Mark.. And we are going to go out there to win this whole damn thing.. So he can get his threepeat and I am going to get my first big victory.. When I came to SCW I was still shaking off the ringrust but I think I got the worst of it out of my system by now.. We got some good team offense and defense moves in our movesets.. We both have our own movesets. I would say for a newly formed team we are not doing too badly.. Are you this prepared..

Kat shrugged and placed a hand on Mark’s shoulder and her dark eyes sparkled with mischief.

Kat : Bill… You sure did luck out with your partner didn’t you.. I mean I am not so sure Masque can say the same thing about you but hey you are a steady and reliable guy.. Always the same Bill.. So before I get all into this match and everything.. Just a kind warning to you Bill.. Do tell your precious girl not to mess around with this match.. I have no problem in making it a handicap match by yeeting her ass in the ring with us. Understand me. Better warn her to stay out of it.. You already know I do not play nice as it is.. Now this tournament is a blast of the past for some.. It is a gateway to the top for others.. Now while you and Masque are not someone to take too lightly I do question one thing.. Have you worked out your team play yet? Have you met your partner.. I highly doubt it.. Now I am sure we are going to get a lovely barrage of mind games and fuckery from both of you. That is your game strategy after all is it not Masque. You do it every single time.. Go nice and personal and hit them when they get into the dark and low places in their mind. Darling I am from the gutters down in the projects of Cincinnati.. It doesn’t get any lower than that.. There is not a damn thing you can say.. Think of.. Imply or accuse me of that I have not heard before..

With those I have been around for years and years I have seen, heard and dealt with it all before. The mind games.. The claims of darkness and despair and a way out of it.. Now while I may be new still a bit to SCW… I am a far cry from new to this business and I have been stomping down the idiots that think they can play with my mind for just as long as I have been bending their unwilling bodies into shapes they never were able to bend into before. You do not want to be inside my mind.. Neither of you do.. It is not a fun place to be.. I am not some bright eyed barbie doll that can be bent and twisted up.. I have been bend and twisted and fucked up in the headspace since before I even knew what wrestling was.. I never claimed to be sane..

Kat’s face showed an evil smile and the dangerous intentions she had planned for them both..

Kat : Bill.. Good old Bill.. You should know better than to underestimate us both.. But will you.. Probably.. Are you going to go out there and do the same old routine.. Most likely.. Will you be doing or saying anything that would surprise either myself or my partner here..

Kat and Mark looked at each other for a moment before both of them started chuckling..

Kat : Highly un-fucking-likely.. Unfortunately I do not get to wrestle you.. If you get tagged in that means I have to let Mark go into the ring… That really sucks you know.. I am used to fighting big burly dudes and humbling them.. There is nothing sweeter than to get one of those big giant muscular men, bend and twist their bodies to a pretzel hearing their blood curdling screams of agony and you are the cause of it.. Not letting go until you hear a note change in the scream because a tendon gave way.. Or a muscle tore… Beautiful symphony of pain and destruction they are.. But.. Rules are rules and all that.. I do not have to like them.. Just have to follow them..

But I can make my music with the lovely Masque after all.. A demonic symphony of pain and destruction.. It would be right up your alley would it not Masque.. Nobody in SCW has seen this side of me.. And it would be fitting the situation that I bring out the best of me when it is needed the most.. You are about to find out why I am named the Harbinger of Death my dear.. You and everyone else in this tournament is about to find out that I am not going to be riding the tailcoats of my successful partner all the way to the top no.. You are going to be facing Kat Fucking Jones.. The woman that has been fighting big men and big women all over the place and making them tap.. Knocking them out and taking step by step every rung on the ladder to the top. I do not ride the coattails of my partners.. I work with them and flatten everything in our path to the finals. I am not going to be a simpering little bitch that lets the men do the work for them no.

Kat smirked and leaned back against the ropes..

Kat : I do not care for what you have to say.. Nor do I care about what you have been doing to my sister… Your precious hurricane.. She will unwind and find herself wondering what the hell she was doing soon enough.. You will lose your game.. As that is all it is too you after all.. Another game you play with your precious doll.. It is not about her.. It is not about your rapture.. Or whatever the hell you call it.. It is about a damn tournament and the luck of the draw.. The luck of the draw gave me the most successful partner one can get in this tournament.. The luck of the draw gave me you to face first of all that entered.. And I will gladly take up that challenge.. As I will always rise to the occasion.. You can play your silly games and you can build whatever dreamscape you want.. Does that really matter in the end.. No..

Dreamscapes and mind games are all cute and fun and I know this better than most.. But does it win you matches.. Only if your opponent lets it happen.. Guess what doll.. Not gonna happen.. While some may have a mediocre measure of respect for you Masque.. I do not.. You have not earned it.. You earned my dislike.. Distrust and my wrath.. And I know it will not impress you now.. No.. But it will when we enter the ring.. I will not treat you any different than anyone else I have faced inside the ring because of what you have done to my sister. Because inside that ring I have no emotions.. Inside that ring I do not give a damn who you are.. Who likes you.. Who hates you.. And if anyone were to mess with our match I would probably attack them with you.. I do not need the help of others nor do I want it… To be quite honest.. Inside that ring.. If you were my sister.. My best friend.. Hell my lover.. It would not matter, I would still be going out there to kick your ass.. But with you… I want it a little bit more than usual.. Because of who you are.. And you know why I want to rip you apart.. Make you a broken doll once more.. If you do not.. You will find out soon enough..

Kat’s face holds a nasty sneer on it..

Kat : As angry as I am right now.. Inside that ring that emotion goes on to the pile with the rest of them.. Inside that ring I am cold, ruthless and calculated.. I will find your weaknesses in your wrestling game and exploit them. I am the total opposite to my partner in many ways but one.. We both want to win this.. And when we do.. We go to face the champions.. You are pretending to be protecting Amber. Your hurricane.. But you will not be able to.. You are not a savior.. You are not saving her.. You are not saving anyone but yourself.. You do this for you.. And you alone.. You can spew your bullshit and you can talk your big game.. At the end of the day you want to win this tournament so you can face Amber and you can call yourself the champion.. And that is not going to happen.. We will not let it happen..

Expectations are high.. Higher than most for us.. But that is okay.. We thrive under pressure.. Pressure creates diamonds after all.. Ain’t that right partner..

Mark nodded and got ready to speak again..

(And for Mark’s answer go read his now.. Go on you know you wanna!)

When Mark said his final piece Whisper made the camera fade the scene to black.

Whisper : Very nice.. I will get this sent in for you. Kat a word please..

Kat shrugged at Mark..

Kat : I will be right back..

She followed Whisper to the office in the back and sat down as Whisper gestured towards the seat..

Whisper : You seem more like yourself now.. I like this Kat a whole lot better than the one I have been seeing around here lately..

Kat : Feeling better..

Whisper : You look better.. You know in this tournament you could very well end up facing your brother.. Or your sister..

Kat : Been there before.. I faced my brothers, my friends.. And Mac of all people knows exactly what mindset I go into.. Besides.. It is not like I will actually fight Mac.. Just his tag-team partner..

Whisper nodded and placed a hand on Kat’s shoulders..

Whisper : Remember my childe.. The truth is always hidden in the lies told by others.. You just need to find it..

Kat : I know.. Do not worry I will not let you down..

Whisper : You have never let me down.. I do not care about wins and losses.. I never have.. But I do not want to see you lose yourself over the words from others who hold no truth.

Kat : They can not say anything worse about me than my own mind does. And so they hold no power over me.

Whisper : As long as you know the truth..

Kat : Oh believe me I do.. And if not someone here will smack it into me I am sure..

Whisper chuckled at this and nodded..

Whisper : True.. Now go get your tag-team partner and get some food in your system.. I want you both back here bright and early tomorrow morning so you can get some finishing touches on your teamwork done before you both prepare to fly to Paradise..

Kat : Yes Ma’am..

Kat ran out of the office before Whisper could throw the stress ball after her pupil for being a smartass.. Kat knows damn well Whisper hates the Ma’am thing.. She tolerates it from the Southerners but not from Kat..

Kat : Mark you ready to get outta here.. I got steaks waiting to throw on the grill.. We can talk strategy and chill tonight..

Mark : Sounds good!

With that said both of them went to the locker rooms and before anyone gets any wise ideas Kat is going to the women’s locker room and Mark to the men’s one! To grab a quick shower and change before Kat and Chris drive home with Mark. Good food, good fun.. Good times..

Maybe.. Just maybe he is not as annoying as she thought he was… At least not all the time..