Author Topic: “Money in the Bank!”  (Read 562 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Money in the Bank!”
« on: June 11, 2021, 09:58:25 AM »
It was time for the annual King for a Day Climax Control and the King Vinnie used the Queen for a Day Climax Control to issue several decrees, the first one was a six woman Battle Royal between six of SCW’s top Bombshells where the winner would get a cash prize of ten thousand dollars, the participants? Jessie Salco, Mercedes Vargas, Andrea Hernandez, Sam Marlowe, Violet Amelia Holt, and Roxi Johnson! Can Jessie win?

Backstage at Climax Control 301, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 6th of June 2021, 19:34pm

Back to business as usual.

Climax Control 300 was great and all, but I needed to get back into the swing of things after the Metal and Punk Connection lost to Team Hero, my one off appearance in SCU was a great step forward towards doing just that but I need to start picking up wins again in SCW and after being left off this week’s card I was wondering what. If anything, Senor Vinnie would have in store for me the week after.

Then came Vinnie’s announcement and turns out that I didn’t have to wait for a stage hand to give me next week’s card to find out what I was up too.

Seven (later six due to Courtney pulling out) of the top women’s wrestlers in SCW competing in a battle royal, the prize? $10,000 of Vinnie’s own money, my opponents were a variable whose who of old enemies of mine to boot! Mercedes Vargas, Andrea Hernandez, Sam Marlowe, Violet Amelia Holt and Roxi Johnson of Team Hero and with promises of a vague second prize, I had to admit that I was that much more determined to win.

To be honest, the cash prize doesn’t interest me in the slightest, I’ve always been good at saving up the money from my SCW pay checks (in fact I still have some money left over from that period of self-isolation after I caught Covid-19 during that UK Tour last year) so I’m more interested in just getting back in the winner’s circle than the cash prize which is a nice incentive, new guitars aren’t cheap after all, but it’s not something I’m going to be mourning the loss off should I lose this Battle Royal.

“When in doubt, book a Battle Royal.” Jake commented with a shrug as we watched the announcement by King Vinnie. “Didn’t you have a similar idea for last year’s Queen for a Day Match?”

“Not really, my idea was a pair of Six Pack Roulette Title Matches.” I responded with a shrug as I shifted my weight. “Violet was going to defend her title against Candy, Myra, Keira, Mercedes and Andrea, and Kedron would’ve defended against Stephan Callaway, Griffin Hawkins, Lachlan Kaine, Bill Barnhart and Jack Washington, and I just realized that my idea for the Bombshell Match was the only one where all the competitors are still with the company one year on.”

“Funny that, huh?” Shane nodded in agreement as he thought back to that promo. “I still think Violet would’ve lost the title on her first defence regardless of who won that Queen for a Day Match but it’s a pretty funny coincidence that half of your opponents in that battle royal were in your idea for that Six Pack Challenge.”

“Pretty sure that’s a coincidence, either that or Vinnie went back and watched my promo for that Queen for a Day Climax Control.” I responded with a shrug before I shifted my weight. “At least my opponents are all people I’m familiar with, for better or worse in some cases, and whilst I’m not exactly hurting for money I do need to get back in the winner’s circle before long.” I added before letting out a deep breath. “Only thing left to do is wait for the stage hand to deliver the rest of the card.”

“Should be interesting to see what else gets booked at least.” Jake nodded in agreement as we watched the rest of the show.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 10th of June 2021, 18:00pm

I would like to say that I’m surprised that King Vinnie abused his power as King for a Day, but I’d be lying, after all, I was planning on doing the same thing when I was in last year’s Ladder Match.

If anything, the biggest surprise was The Troll getting a Roulette Title Match out of the blue, to the point where I had to check to see if King Vinnie had booked that match but once I confirmed that the mad king hadn’t booked that match, well that just raised more questions about Christian’s mental state.

Right now, I’m working out in the home gym in preparation for the Battle Royal, part of me was thinking about what I was going to do with the cash prize if I won the Battle Royal but aside from that there wasn’t much on my mind.

“Jess?” Jake called out to me, and I looked up from the exercise equipment. “Krystal is here with her girlfriend, said you invited her to train at CC 301?”

“Send her down, though I could’ve sworn that she was still single.” I called back before I got off the equipment and rolled into the ring, Krystal soon came down the steps to the basement with Makayla not far behind. “So, how are you finding life as the new Bombshell Roulette Champ?”

“Caleb wasn’t kidding about the champion’s pay check, I’ll say that much.” Krystal responded before she removed her title and handed it to Makayla. “In answer to your statement about my relationship status, me and Makayla got back together the day after Into the Void X.”

“And I’m sure the fact that it was just in time for Pride Month had nothing to do with it.” I responded dryly as the Lesbian couple shared a quick kiss before Krystal entered the ring. “I kid off course, I may be married to a guy but I’m bi-sexual as well.”

“And we won’t judge you for deciding to date/eventually marry a guy.” Makayla nodded as she leaned against the ring apron. “It shouldn’t matter but there are members of the LGTBQ+ community who rag on bi people for deciding to date members of the opposite sex.”

“Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.” I nodded with a frown on my face as me and Krystal started sparring. “How was your day at the Go Gym anyway?”

“Relatively quiet, spent most of the week sparring with Adrienne and Caitlin at the gym.” Krystal responded as we exchanged holds. “Me and Bella might be the same height and weight, but I still need to prepare for that match, Adrienne and Caitlin are the same height as me and Bella, but they are respectively a couple of pounds heavier and lighter than me and Bella at 127 and 123ibs, so it was good to spar against them.”

“And then you’ve got little old petite me, whose three inches shorter and five pounds lighter.” I responded before Krystal got me in a head scissor hold which I kicked up out of after a few seconds. “But I still have the experience edge over both of them.”

“Considering you’ve been wrestling for twelve years I’d be worried if that wasn’t the case.” Makayla commented with a shrug before pausing. “Or is it thirteen?”

“Twelve going on thirteen, I graduated from my training school in September of 2008.” I corrected her as me and Krystal kept sparring. “Have you ever considered training to be a wrestler Makayla?”

“As cool as it would be to be a version of Team Hero from Down Under, I don’t really have the body for wrestling.” Makayla responded as she shook her head. “And my family has a history of heart problems, not really a good idea for me to start training even if I had the body.”

“Fair enough, at least you’ll be around to support your girlfriend.” I responded with a shrug before calling for a break. “But Krystal has to be ready for any opponent, whether it’s Bella, Maki, Char or even me, a lot of girls will be eyeing her title.”

“I noticed.” Krystal nodded before taking a sip from a water bottle that Makayla had passed to her. “Hell, it could even be the winner of that Battle Royal you’re in.”

“I think if it was for a shot at your title, Vinnie would’ve said so when he announced the match.” I responded as I shook my head. “Instead, I’m competing for a cash prize that I don’t really need, I’ve always been good at saving up money which was why I was able to afford those yearly trips to Bloodstock in the UK up until last year, so I instead had this built.”

“From what I can see, it was money well spent.” Krystal nodded as she glanced around the gym. “Though even if Bloodstock happens this year, you won’t be able to make the trip out due to travel restrictions.”

“I reckon I could, but I’d have to book for three weeks off, two for quarantine and one for Bloodstock.” I responded as I shook my head. “And depending on Summer XXXTreme’s date, that would mean me potentially missing out on a PPV payday plus the Climax Control after the show.”

“True, might not be worth all the hassle, regardless of how good the line-up is.” Makayla nodded as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. “Real question is, are you getting too old for mosh pits yet Jess?”

“Please, I wrestle for a living remember? Pits are nothing compared to that.” I responded with a laugh before turning to Makayla’s girlfriend and noticing that Krystal was ready for round two. “Ready when you are.”

“Let’s go!” Krystal nodded before we started sparring again.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 11th of June 2021, 16:00pm

*promo time*

Back to business as usual.

“I will give credit to our illustrious King Vinnie, and Alicia to a lesser extent, they weren’t completely selfish when it came time to booking their episodes of Climax Control unlike Christina Rose and Jack Washington last year hence why I find myself thrown into a six person Battle Royal! The prize? Ten thousand dollars that I don’t need to be honest with you because I know how to save my money! My opponents? Mercedes Vargas, Andrea Hernandez, Sam Marlowe, Violet Amelia Holt and Roxi Johnson! What is this? The consolation prize Battle Royal?”

I asked as I leaned against the ring ropes.

“Seriously look at the field of competitors! Mercedes lost the Queen for a Day Match again, Violet failed in her quest to win the Bombshell Roulette Championship, Sam lost to Andrea and Roxi became the latest Bombshell to fail to dethrone Myra Rivers, only me and Andrea saw success at Into the Void X and even then, Andrea had to cheat and the only way I could get on the card was asking SCU’s Twitter account if they could squeeze me onto the pre-show!”

In a tag team match no less!

“Four of the competitors are competing for something to make up for the fact that they lost at Into the Void X, me and Andrea are just trying to keep our respective win streaks going, I would say that that’s how I’m looking at it, but I honestly can’t decide if there is any other way of looking at this match! At least we can say that Senor Vinnie doesn’t have a horse in this race because as far as we know, he’s single! Either that or he’s fucking that cactus he carries around!”

And after that traumatizing mental image, I’m starting with Mercedes.

“Mercedes, was there any question as to who I was going to start with? It was either you or Roxi to be honest since you and her and the two women in this match who I have the most history with! Whether it was when you were in the Mean Girls or going solo, we’ve gone back and forth and at one point I beat you for the Bombshell Internet Championship but that was years ago! What have you been doing a lot recently? Losing!”

Someone’s slipping up.

“Bombshell Roulette Qualifier against Violet and Bella, now if you were in your prime then this would’ve been easy as pie for you, right Mercedes? But you’re not and you got pinned! One on one match against Krystal Wolfe, oh look at that, you got pinned again! And as mentioned before, you lost the Queen for a Day Match! Just saying Mercy, this isn’t a good look for a Hall of Famer and this streak of losses will continue on Sunday night!”

Next up is Roxi!

“And no Roxi, I haven’t forgotten about you! After all I did face you and Keira in my last Climax Control Match which you won only to go on to fail to dethrone Myra Rivers at Into the Void X! Roxi, we do go back years and I do respect the hell out of you as a competitor, but you should know all to well that when that bell rings and you’re standing across the ring from me, it’s all business and friendship goes flying out the window.”

I added before stretching against the ropes.

“This shouldn’t surprise you either Roxi, not when you’ve been in this company almost as long as I have! As far as this Battle Royal goes, maybe we’ll team up to throw out one or two competitors, but that alliance won’t last because it’s every woman for herself and there’s ten thousand dollars on the line, something that most women in this country would do degrading things for, thankfully for us, we just have to toss a bunch of competitors over the top rope and to the floor which is exactly what’ll happen to you on Sunday!”

Next up is Andrea!

“And now I’m going from two of the women who suffered losses at Into the Void X to the only other winner in this match Andrea Hernandez or as Krystal Wolfe likes to call you, the biggest attention whore in SCW history! And you know what? I’m inclined to agree with our current Bombshell Roulette Champion because as she said on Sunday night, you consider it to be a disgrace if someone else has the spotlight!”

What a joke!

“It’s even gotten to the point where you had to go and create a meaningless title for yourself just because Christian shot down your attempts to get a Bombshell Roulette Title Shot at Krystal, now whilst I have my own spotty history with the titles in SCW I never sunk that low and the real question is Andrea, what are you going to do with that thing if you do win a title? Throw it in the trash and declare that you don’t need it? We’ll see how long that lasts but considering what you’ve said about some of the other women in the field, don’t be surprised if we all team up to toss you over the top rope and to the floor from the word go!”

Next up is Sam!

“And speaking of Andrea, I’m shifting my focus to the woman she beat at Into the Void X, Sam Marlowe! Now Sam, like Mercedes we have our history, but the main difference is that whilst I do have wins over Mercedes the same can’t be said for you, this Sunday will be when that fact changes because I’ve got my eye on the prize and a match to win whilst you will likely focus on getting revenge on Andrea, am I right?”

Off course I am!

“I understand your need to avenge that loss Sam but focussing on one opponent when there’s four other opponents in the ring with you? That’s a bad idea to put it mildly but then again, you are SCW’s Sweetheart, right? You don’t hold grudges, right? If you do go after Andrea, it’ll be when the two of you are the final two, right? Wrong, because neither you or Andrea will last that long and, well, you know what they say about nice guys, or girls in this case, finishing last, don’t you?”

Last up is Violet!

“And now onto the biggest loser in this match, Violet Amelia Holt! What’s that? What about me? Please, Violet only has one title reign to her name and that ended on its first defence, I at least have multiple title reigns despite my win/loss record! Now Violet, you claimed up and down that you were out to avenge your first title reign come Into the Void X and that Krystal wouldn’t be walking out the new champion, how is that working out for you?”

So much for history in the making, right?

“Oh yeah, you walked out without the title and Krystal became the latest Go Gym Graduate to win a title in SCW, it hurts, doesn’t it? Must’ve hurt quite a bit since you suddenly decided that you weren’t interested in going after Krystal again and instead shifted your focus to the woman you beat for the title last year at Into the Void IX Candy, you claimed to have your own agenda but know what I think? You can’t beat Krystal and you know it! And you can’t win this Battle Royal either and you know that too!”

It’s that simple.

“This match is basically me vs. my SCW Rogues Gallery because I have history with most of the women in this match, good and bad! However, Mercedes is slowing down in her old age, Roxi doesn’t have that much left in the tank either, Andrea has pissed off almost everyone else in this match, Sam can’t catch a break in general and Violet may as well be in the match to make it an even number of competitors, I’ve got my eyes on the prize and I’m not walking out without that ten grand!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!

“On paper, this looks like a match where the outcome isn’t obvious but in practice and for the reasons I just listed, it’s not quite as black and white as that paper would have you believe! Mercedes, Roxi, Sam, Andrea, Violet, maybe I’ll buy you something nice with the prize money, like a $10 Amazon Gift Voucher, I mean it’ll be worth more than Andrea’s made up title at least, but either way I’ll strike like Blood Lighting to win this match and put that money in the bank!”

I started working out as the scene fades.