Author Topic: One Strange Day  (Read 290 times)

Offline Keira Fisher

• View Profile
    • Keira Fisher
One Strange Day
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
 (The scene opens with Keira sitting on the floor, trying to put one of her Gundam model together. Nate is sitting beside her playing with his own building blocks and Legos. Keira is trying to cut the leg off, her tongue out as she's really focusing. Nate watches her, and sticks his own tongue out as he's play with Legos, as if he's concentrating as well. Roxi walks in from the kitchen and sees the two in the same sitting position and both with the same facial expression and she chuckles.)

Roxi: Just like his Mama.

Keira: Shush! Trying to cut the seam off of the runner....

(Keira does so, but as she does, she hears a different kind of snap. She goes to see if it wasn't the piece of the leg that broken, which she sighs in relief that it wasn't. But she notices the spring of her hobby nipper broke as Keira growls in anger)

Keira: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Cheap, useless spring! I just got these a couple of months ago!

(Nate sees Keira is angry, and he just knocks over his Legos and imitates her.)

Nate: Kid me!

(Roxi can only laugh at Nate before shaking her head)

Roxi: You are a goof. I love you so much.

(Nate giggles before he hugs Keira)

Nate: Better Mama?

Keira: Awwww. Thanks, Nate

(Keira hugs Nate back as she hands Roxi the nippers.)

Roxi: Yup, they're broken, looks like you'll have to get some new ones. Oh well. It's not the end of the world.

Keira: I know. But I just got those 2 months ago!

Nate: 2 mons!

Keira: Mocking me, now? Heh, you are a goof, Nate.

Nate: No goof!

Roxi: You are a goof. But a loveable goof. yes yes yes.

(Roxi picks Nate up and kisses him repeatedly,causing Nate to giggle until he sees the nippers in Roxi's hand.)

Nate: Broke?

Roxi: Yeah, Mama broke them.

(Nate turns to Keira and points at her.)

Nate: Broke!

Keira: I didn't break them! The spring sucked!

Nate: Broke! Broke Broke!

Roxi: You are so silly.

Keira: Turned my own son against me, Roxi....

Roxi: Oh hush, he wants to be just like you. He follows you everywhere.

Keira: Yea, he does. Can't blame him

Roxi: Oh, now you wanna brag? Whatever, he wants to drum too, so deal with that! Two drummers in the house.

(Roxi puts Nate back down.)

Roxi: You go play silly boy.

(Nate scurries off yelling like a child as he goes back to his Legos.)

Keira: Looks like I'm going to the Hobby Shop. Wanna come with?

Roxi: We can, but, I still want to talk to you about the SCW thing. You sure you want to do this? I mean, I know you have the desire to wrestle again, but... you know, after such a long time and all...

Keira: I know, but it's only a short time. Like you, if I get bumped off of the tournament, I'm bowing out

Roxi: It's kind of hard to go back when that little boy is here...

Keira: I know. I can't do it full time anymore, like others. But if I got the need to fight, I'll take it

Roxi: Well, this year you did get Equinox, and he at least looks like a partner you can trust. So, with all the training we've done to keep you in shape and me at the top of my game... maybe O'Malley and I will see you in the finals.

(Roxi says with a smirk.)

Keira: Maybe we should have Equinox and O'Malley fight for us, especially for tricking you into this

(Keira giggles at that.)

Roxi: That wasn't okay, and he is totally getting pinched for guilting me into that. I can't have Owen cry, it'll make me cry and ... look, I'm not getting into it, this is about you. And you have to be ready for Jessie.

Keira: I'm ready for Jessie. I've owed her a ass whipping for ages.

Roxi: You do need to focus on that. Jessie isn't a pushover. You know I want you to be successful.

Keira: I know, as do you. I don't want them thinking we're past our prime, that we're old.

Roxi: It does feel like an old thing to be back there though. But I know you're ready. But you know it's about pulling your own weight. You and Jessie have a history, just ensure that you're ready for a fight.

Keira: I will be.

(Keira takes the nippers from Roxi as she kisses her lips.)

Keira: Now, will you call Christine? We do need a baby sitter

Roxi: Oh, Nate can come with us, It's just the hobby store. We'll be in and out.

Keira: True.

(Keira turns to Nate)

Keira: Ready to go? We're going to the Hobby Shop!

Nate: Me go?

Roxi: Yes, you go.

Nate: Okay. Okay.

(Nate pushes his Lego's back over and dusts his hands off, He grabs Keira's hand)

Nate: Me Go. Ready.

(Keira grabs Nate's hand and smiles.)

Keira: Lead the way, Roxi

(Moments later, Keira, Roxi and Nate are seen in the hobby shop. As Roxi and Nate look around, Keira goes to the counter with the broken nippers.)

Clerk: Can I help you?

Keira: Yea, what kind of cheap crap did you sell me?

(Keira sits the nippers down and points to the broken spring.)

Clerk: Okay Ma'am let me take a look.

Keira: Take your time

(Keira turns and looks at some Model Kits she doesn't have yet as well as some new and improved Nippers on sale.)

Keira: Maybe I should buy a new one with a stronger spring...

(As Keira looks, she notices a man, looking at her. As she looks, the man turns to the other side, looking at something else.)

Keira: ....Huh, weird. Roxi?

(Roxi and Nate are looking at Model trains go around the pre-set up track.)

Nate: Train! Train!

Roxi: Yes, it's a train.

Nate: Thomas?

Roxi: Yes, just like Thomas.

Keira: Rox!

Roxi: Yes?

(Keira quickly rushes over to Roxi and Nate.)

Keira: Some strange guy was looking at me, when I noticed, he quickly turned around like it was nothing.

Roxi: People look at you all the time, you are a celebrity you know.

Keira: Not in the way this guy did

(Keira points to the guy that is looking at the Model Kits.)

Roxi: I... don't see anybody.

(Sure enough the guy is either gone, or out of Roxi's line of sight. She makes her way over to the area where Keira is pointing, but indeed, there is no one there.)

Roxi: He's gone I guess.

Keira: But he was right there!

Roxi: Well, there's nobody here now...

(Roxi walks back over, seeing Keira is visibly shaken.)

Roxi: Keira let's... just get the new nippers and go. Okay?

Keira: Right.

(Keira goes to the counter and looks at the clerk.)

Keira: I got the receipt from last time. I'm good for one more month

Clerk: Very well, I'll get your refund. Will there be anything else today?

Keira: Yea. I want your strongest nippers with a better spring

(Keira ponders for a second.)

Keira: You got one for that...maybe with a warranty?

Clerk: I don't think there's a warranty, but those are the strongest we have.

Keira: The ones with the crappy spring!?

(Keira takes a deep breath.)

Clerk: I'm sorry, that's all we have.

Keira: What about those I saw beside the Model Kit? The spring alone looks stronger

(Keira points to the hobby nipper that was there, but it's gone.)

Clerk: I can check the back, but I think we put them all out.

Keira: ....Ok

(Keira turns and goes to the empty space where the hobby nipper was.)

Keira: It was right there! Am I going insane!?

Roxi: Keira, come on, let's just get the thing and go. I think it'll be best for everyone.

(Keira sighs. She just takes the refund and walks out. She goes to her phone and begins to search for another store.)

Roxi: I'm sorry about this.

(Roxi says to the clerk as she exits the store.)

Keira: Come on...one place in all of Tampa....

Roxi: Keira, what's gotten into you? Was it that guy you saw?

Keira: Yes!

Roxi: Okay, relax, you don't have to snap at me.

Nate: Yes!

Keira: Sorry, but I wanted the ones I saw...plus that guy creeped me out. Now I can't find the ones I wanted

(Keira sighs. As she looks, she notices the Hobby Nippers get in front of her vision. She gasps as she puts her phone up and grabs them.)

Keira: THESE ARE IT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MU--

(As Keira looks to thank, she notices the man she saw in the store. She screams at it and backs away, almost getting into a fighting stance.)

Keira: YOU CREEP! You following me!?

(The man says nothing, looking at both Keira and Roxi, as Roxi instinctively puts Nate behind her as Keira stares at him. Then, as quickly as that, he turns and walks away.)

Keira: Hey! Get back here!

(Keira rushes to try to catch the man.)

Roxi: Keira don't! Please don't.

(Keira stops and looks at Roxi.)

Keira: Why not?

Roxi: We don't even know this guy. He's some creep. I cannot lose you to walking into something like this. Please... let's
just go home.

Keira: Ugh....fine.

(Keira sighs as she give Roxi the Hobby Nippers and picks up Nate.)

Keira: Come here, you. Mommy didn't mean to worry you

Nate: Better Mama?

Keira: Long as you and Mommy Roxi are ok. Then I'm better. Roxi, take us home

Roxi: Come on, let's go.

(The two return home after a few minutes. Keira puts Nate in his crib and smiles.)

Keira: Nap-Nap time

Nate: Nap

(Keira kisses Nate on the forehead as she turns and walks out. As she goes down the stairs, she hears a scream.)

Keira: ROXI!?

(Keira rushes quickly to the living room)

Roxi: Who are you?! What do you want?!

(It is the same man from before. He just stares at Roxi and then Keira when she enters the room.)

Keira enters and asks

Keira: What's wrong R--YOU!

(Keira notices the man from before and goes into a fighting stance.)

Keira: You got five seconds before your kidneys are removed from your body!

(The man stands there, taking a breath before he looks at them.)

Man: My name... is Nathaniel.

Roxi: Well Nathaniel, you should know stalking is a crime.

Keira: Especially around me and my family.

Nathaniel: I know, and I'm sorry.... Mama.

Roxi: Excuse me?

Keira: ..................................What?

(Keira looks at Nathaniel as she slowly eases on her stands.)

Keira: What...did you just say?

Nathaniel: You... you are my mother.

Roxi: Keira?

Nathaniel: As are you... Mom.

Keira: W-W-Wha...

Roxi: Okay dude.... I don't know how you know us, how you know our sons name, or how you found us... but this isn't funny.

(Keira is starting to get a bit angry at this as the two talk.)

Keira: All you're doing is making me even more upset. I don't know how you know my son's name. But you're about to make the biggest mistake of your life

Nathaniel: Please... I need both of you to help me. I am... I am your son.

Roxi: Um... Our son is a year and half old.

Keira: And I just put him down for a nap. You...you're a creep that's about to get injured

(Keira gets back into her fighting stance, not wanting to go Super just yet.)

Keira: Last chance...get out....before I make you

Nathaniel: I am your son, I am... from the future.

Keira: Roxi? Can I punch him now?

Roxi: Do you realize how insane that sounds?

Nathaniel: But... I am here because I am from the future, and I need to change things.

Keira: What things?

Nathaniel: The choices you're going to make, they will not save the world as you know it. Lady Bedlam, and Lady Kat... I know about them and... there is.. something evil. Something far more evil than anything you can imagine, and the Guild will try and stop it, but it needs BOTH of you alive to do it.

(Keira's jaw drops, even hearing their hero names come from this person.)

Keira: H-How do you kno....

Roxi: This sounds ridiculous. You do know that right? I don't know how you know those names, but this isn't funny and you should leave.

Nathaniel: I need you to listen to me. I'm just here to warn you, please, I don't want to lose Mom AND Mama.

(Keira finally screams and rushes towards Nathaniel.)

Keira; SHUT UP! ONLY MY SON CALLS ME MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathaniel: Ma... Keira... please just listen and hear me out. I don't want to lose you again.

Roxi: Again? You mean...

(Keira pulls back a little and looks at him.)

Keira: W-What happened?

(Keira grabs Nathaniel by his shirt and shakes him.)

Keira: WHAT HAPPENED!?

Nathaniel: You... died m.... Keira.

(Keira lets go of Nathaniel's shirt as she slowly backs away. She slowly sits down, trying to process this.)

Nathaniel: I'm sorry

(Nathaniel almost instinctively tries to console Keira, but Roxi stops him.)

Roxi: Look, this is all ... strange at best. You can't prove any of this. As far as I know, or anyone knows, you're a complete stranger.

Keira: I...I di--

Nathaniel: I don't want that to happen. That's why I came back.

Keira: Look, I agree with Roxi. Even if this all true. You have no proof.

Nathaniel: I know you will never believe me ... I don't have any real proof other than my word. I wouldn't have gone to all this trouble if it was for nothing. I promise.

Roxi: There's no reason to believe any of this.

Nathaniel: Mom... you were more rational than... Keira. If you need to be sure then... please do so.

Roxi: You... need to be tested.

Keira: Yea!

(Keira thinks at this and sighs.)

Keira: We got to go on Maury, don't we?

Roxi: No. We're going to guild, and they will determine whether or not you're lying.

Keira: Fine. But can I get something to eat before we do? I'M HUNGRY!

Nathaniel: Yes, I remember Ma... Keira's hunger.

Keira: Really? How much do I eat?

Nathaniel: Roughly 12 steaks in a sitting.

(Keira's eyes widen after hearing that.)

Keira: Really? must be getting sloppy

Roxi: Anyway... this is... all too strange.

Keira: Roxi's right. Let's go and find out if you're telling the truth

Nathaniel: Very well.

Roxi: I'll go with him, you stay here and get Nate a sitter, then catch up.

(Roxi gets close to Nathaniel, looking him dead in the face.)

Roxi: You try anything, and I will hurt you.

(Nathaniel sheepishly looks away.)

Nathaniel: Yes Mom.

Keira: On it, Rox.

(Keira goes to call up Christine to take care of Nate. She looks at Nathaniel and ponders.)

Keira: Having to deal with Jessie on Sunday...now this clown, saying he's my son...This is one strange day.

Keira gets ahold of Christine as the scene fades

================================
So, looks like I come out of retirement for the Blast from the Past Tournament to try to get a shot a the Bombshell World Title. If I win, I advance. If I lose, I go back to being a full time mom. A lot has changed since the last time I went for a shot at the title. Sure, I was acting like a prick, but things have changed. Motherhood changes everything. I know I'm not the odds on favorite, but it doesn't mean I'm not gonna back down.

Especially from one person who holds the biggest of grudges. One...that she doesn't even deserve!

Jessie, you like to bring up how I bitch and moan about this and that? Look at what you're doing! You're bringing up a two year old grudge that I beat you in the same tournament from two years ago. Yea, you beat me in the Chamber of Fate. Yet I had to earn another shot at that title. But...if I remember. I BEAT YOU FOR IT!

Two years and you WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT! If anyone is crying at this point. It's you, Salco. Let me take a wild guess. You're going to bitch and complain that you "Didn't get your win back?" when I beat you? I guess that would mean...

I'm better than you?

I'm sorry I made you so bitter. I'm sorry for all the bad things in my life. Least I can apologize for my actions...unlike a few people.

Jessie, you won't let this old grudge go? Even if you beat me, you'll find a way to bitch about it. Fans go around and call you "Jessie 'Bitch' Salco" for a reason. Not cause of what you do in the ring. Cause you NEVER, SHUT, UP!

Jessie, you and your partner, come Sunday, no. Forget my Catchphrase. I'm gonna retire your bitchy ass. The End!