Author Topic: Focusing on what matters...  (Read 368 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Focusing on what matters...
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
 Journal Entry

I find it really funny that my life now is reflecting my past.  If it wasn’t such a coincidence I wouldn’t be so upset by it all.  

Take for instance the fact that back in high school I was dating this guy that everyone wanted to be friends with, captain of the junior football squad, a leader that commanded respect and helped everyone.    Girls were always surrounding him and I was sure that he would be faithful.  But testing that theory proved to be my undoing.   I wasn’t so unfortunate that other guys would ignore me.  So I started to make friends with some of them and that was when ‘my guy’ cut the ties and dropped me like I had the plague.

Let’s fast forward to the present shall we?  

Part of me knows that I need to trust Spike and I know he loves me but this seems too familiar of a situation what with Amy and Electra getting close to him.  And here I go again, trying to gain someone’s attention by giving my attention to someone else.  Will this lead to heartbreak or will it prove that all my fears are groundless.

The hypothesis is that Spike will see that I need him...I hope...

\'user

Vixen is seen standing in the middle of a room, a slight breeze making the dust motes dance in the sunlight streaming from a high window.  Slick with sweat, she rolls her neck as the music begins to play.  In one hand is a kendo stick, held in a samurai pose as Vixen’s eyes close slowly and her breathing gets shallow.  Sliding one foot out to the side Vixen sweeps the kendo stick into a guard position low left then a high block of some imaginary opponent’s downward stroke.  As she moves and blocks her imaginary opponent, she begins to talk to herself as the dance of swordplay takes her closer to the equipment in the room.

“Title match against Electra Styles,” she begins as she parries with the kendo stick.  “The woman that joined NXT after winning the title that Roxi took from me.  Invited by Spike...”  

Jealousy fuels the hard strike of the kendo against the canvas of the heavybag that is hanging there.  The crack of the bamboo breaks her concentration for a moment before she pulls back and with a brittle laugh settles herself into a calming pose, the kendo stick resting lightly against the floor.  Moving to the middle of the floor once more, Vixen strikes an en guard pose and closes her eyes.

Watching from the sidelines, JJ Dixon grins as he tugs at his tie then grabs another kendo and rushes towards the woman.  “En guard beautiful,” he taunts which makes Vixen’s eyes open in surprise.  Tapping his kendo against hers, he strikes what he figures to be a valiant musketeer pose, his kendo stick like a rapier in front of him.

“Do you really want to do this JJ?” questions Vixen as she tilts her head to the side.  “I mean who knows if Spike is watching and just what he might do.  The pair of you aren’t exactly friends you know.”

JJ chuckles with a nod.  “You are right about that Vix...I can call you Vix right?” he ponders before continuing.  “Well, just because Spike Staggs and I don’t get along doesn’t mean that you and I can’t be friendly considering that you are the only real Bombshell champion in my eyes.”

“In case you didn’t notice JJ, I am no longer the champion,” replies Vixen as she turns her back to JJ and moves to put her kendo stick on a bench in front of a mirror.  Looking at JJ in it, Vixen smiles somewhat sadly.  

“That is only until Climax Control my dear,” he offers as he shoulders his kendo.  “Then you will be a double champion again.”

“I have to beat Electra Styles to win one title JJ.  I would not be a double champion since I handed over the Roulette title that Emma now wears.  Besides, Electra is a teammate in NXT and she’s got Spike’s attention right now...” Vixen’s voice trails off as JJ moves closer.

“How dare he,” suggests Dixon as he puts an arm over the shoulders of Vixen as she looks at the two of them in the mirror.  “You were a triple champion and what did he do?  Where is his support of you my dear?”

Vixen shakes her head.  “Ha...triple champion?  I have triple crowned the three bombshell titles but I have never been a triple champion.”

“You still are MY champion Vixen,” JJ says as he moves his hand to caress the midsection of Vixen.  “You are the ACW Women’s champion remember.  You have never lost that title or forfeited it.”

“That’s right,” Vixen agrees slowly.  “I am still the ACW Women’s champion.”

Dixon smiles at Vixen in their reflection.  “And as of Climax Control, you will step in the ring with Electra Styles who has Spike’s attention and what will you do?  What will Spike do and who will Spike be cheering on in that ring, you his fiancé or his new protégé.  I know who I would be cheering for.”

Vixen’s eyes narrow slightly as she wipes at a bead of sweat that rolls down her temple before commenting angrily, “I am going to win back the SCW Bombshell title.  I am going to prove that I am the best bombshell in the division.  Hell I am probably one of the best wrestlers on the roster male or female.  I have done things that none of the other Bombshells have ever done.”

“Exactly Vixen my dear,” agrees JJ smoothly.  “You have done it all.  How many bombshells can claim to have been a federation’s Heavyweight champion and put the face of the company out of action for more than a year?  How many bombshells can claim to be as hardcore as you are?”

“Misty comes close,” murmurs Vixen.  “But she hasn’t done half the stuff I have.  But she is the only one that I can really trust in NXT...that is a bombshell anyway.  And with Electra, it is going to have to be one hell of a fight between the two of us.  If she has impressed Spike that much that he has asked her to join NXT...”

“It seems that you are being overlooked in NXT dear,” Dixon offers, “whereas I have my focus directly on the woman that holds MY championship belt.”  Dixon looks in the mirror as he tosses the kendo to the side, ignoring the skittering it does until it rests against the foot of an unseen Spike Staggs.  

Vixen herself picks up her kendo once more.  “Listen JJ, thanks for the pep talk, I do appreciate it.  And I really shouldn’t try to figure out Spike’s thought processes for this match.  I just need to focus on the match itself and not even think of what Spike would be thinking.”

JJ smiles as he holds out a hand to Vixen who clasps it only to be drawn into an embrace.  “Next time you need someone to focus on you instead of your competitors, look me up.  I will at least keep you in my sights.”

Hearing that sends Spike charging towards the pair, the now raised kendo ready to take JJ’s head off.  Vixen manages to push Dixon out of the way and bring her own weapon up to block the blow.  “Spike, stop it!” she exclaims as she forces his kendo to the side.

JJ Dixon smirks as he realizes that Vixen just saved him some real pain.  “Yeah, Spikie...you should listen to MY champ.  You know you wouldn’t want her to see me kick your ass,” he taunts as he walks backwards towards the door.  “Vix, remember about what we talked about before we were so violently interrupted.”

Spike glares, his focus on JJ Dixon until he leaves the room then he turns to Vixen who has once again struck a defensive pose with her kendo stick.  “What the hell is he talking about my love?” demands Spike with narrowed eyes.

Vixen sighs then straightens.  “He was just being a friend Spike, leave it alone okay?” she says before walking away.  

Spike’s eyes fall to the kendo in his hand then back at Vixen, before he follows her slowly.  “He’s slimy as hell and you tell me to leave it alone?  Not on your life Vixen,” he offers.  “Guys like him tend to leave wreakage wherever they go and I am not going to stand here only to find out he is trying to get to me through you.”

“Once again this is all about Spike Staggs isn’t it.  What Spike needs or how Spike thinks.  What, are you doubting my loyalty my love?  That’s rich coming from the man that spends time with his...” Vixen raises her hands and makes the ‘air quote’ motion to emphasize her next comment, “friends and teammates rather than his fiance.   I don’t want to fight about it Spike.  JJ was just helping me realize some things, that is all.”

“What was he helping you realize?  Did he tell you that you needed to come to him when you needed someone to stroke your ego?” demands Spike angrily, a forced laugh escaping him as Vixen flushes when Spike is too close to exactly what Dixon had done.  “That son of a bi...”

Vixen raises her kendo stick and points it directly at Spike.  “Listen my love, I am a big girl and I can choose my own friends just like you have.  And if said friends need or want my help, you know, to get a day out or something...” It is Spike’s turn to shuffle uncomfortably as Vixen continues “I am going to be giving them the same attention they give me.”

“You have a title match to get ready for Vixen and you don’t have time to be letting someone like JJ Dixon taking your mind off the goal.  Either way the title stays with NXT so that isn’t a problem,” says Spike as he runs a hand through his spiked hair, trying to defuse the building argument.  As he looks up at Vixen who is glaring at him, he uses the typical male ‘WHAT?’ pose that only drives her to brush past Spike as she makes her way towards the center of the room once more.  He hangs back watching as she walks away, realizing that she needs the time to calm down.  Lounging on the bench, he watches as she completes her work out with the kendo stick and then lays it down.

“Now that you are finished warming up why don’t we get you ready for your title shot against Electra,” Spike says as he holds out his hand towards Vixen who lets a grin creep across her features as she nods.  “Did you want to spar a bit?”

“I guess I could go a round or two,” she replies with a giggle.  “And to make it interesting, how about the winner gets dinner made for them,” Vixen teases with a soft tickling poke in Spike’s ribs.

“You’re on!” he exclaims.

The pair moves towards the mats ready to lock up in a sparring match when the sound of Spike’s ringtone is heard.  “Ignore it,” says Vixen as she stretches out to prepare.  Spike looks down at the phone he has picked up and shakes his head.  “I can’t ignore this call my love, it’s important.”

Vixen watches in disbelief as Spike walks away to talk on the phone.  Not wanting to pry but unable to escape hearing what the conversation is, Vixen finally stops and glares at Spike.  “Spike…are we going to do this or not?” asks the now angered Vixen.  When he doesn’t answer quickly enough, she spins and heads towards the locker rooms.

“Hang on Vixen,” calls Spike as he catches her by the arm and spins her around.  “I’ll be done talking to Lex…whoa!”

Like a cornered animal, Vixen turns on Spike at the mention of Electra’s nickname.  Throwing wild rights and lefts, Vixen explodes angrily.  Dropping the phone to protect his head Spike blocks blow after blow before finally yanking Vixen against his chest and holds her tight.  Muffled sobs can be heard as Vixen sags in his arms, soft murmuring words coming from Spike as he holds Vixen with one arm and strokes a hand against her damp sweat soaked hair.

Unknown to the pair, Spike had hit the speaker button and the voice on the other end of the phone speaks up.  “So, do you think that Vixen will let you come out and train?”

At the voice, Vixen stiffens and then pushes her way out of Spike’s arms.  Without saying a word, she leans down, picks up the cell and then with a dead look at Spike, shoves the phone into his chest, turns and walks away, paying no attention to the soft cursing escaping her fiancé.

Once inside the locker room, Vixen quietly slides the bolt of the lock then slips down the door, silent tears tracing a path down her cheeks as a soft knocking is heard.  “Vixen, my love…are you ready for that sparring match?” asks Spike softly, unsure of the reaction he will receive.

Sniffling back her emotions and getting to her feet, Vixen calls out through the door.  “Nooo, it’s all right Spike.  I’ll get ready for the match on my own.  You can go and train with Electra.”  Moving deeper into the locker room, Vixen heads for the showers.

\'user

In a bare room there is a lone highbacked chair that is facing a video camera.  The blinking red light on top of the camera indicates that it is recording.  From one side footsteps approaching the camera are heard before the body of a woman swings into view.

“I suspect you know what I want to say even before I say it,” says the woman who is revealed to be Vixen in an NXT tee with a pair of worn and comfortable jeans.  “Here I am to talk about the title match that I have on Climax Control against my teammate Electra.  Now most teammates would be talking about how they wish each other luck and how they say may the best person win.  Okay, let me say that and get it out of the way right now.”

Vixen positions herself in a smiling, straightened up, cheerful pose.  “Good luck Electra, may the best person win,” she says with a cheeky sounding voice before slumping back slightly into a more relaxed yet serious position.

“I would be lying if I said that this is going to be a best buddies match, trading holds and counterholds.  This isn’t going to be a friendly one on one.  This is a match for the Bombshell title. This is my rematch to regain what every bombshell in this company wants and what I am personally ready to hurt others to take back.  Even someone like you Electra,” says Vixen with conviction.  “I know that you are part of NXT and I know that you think that because you have Spike’s seal of approval I am going to bend over backwards to make you welcome.  I know that thinking I wouldn’t be fighting tooth and nail for the title is going to be a mistake on your part.”

“I don’t know what Spike told you about me and how I am in that ring.  I know you have probably asked him what I am like.  I suspect he has warned you well about how dangerous I can be in the ring.  I want you to take his advice if he has given it to you and DO NOT take me lightly.  So many people have and that is why I have achieved the success I have,” says Vixen.  “First Triple crown champion Bombshell in the history of SCW…my other crowning glory is that I am the ONLY wrestler in Sin City Wrestling to wear two belts at one time.  And come Sunday’s Climax Control, once again I will wear the title when I take it from you.”

With that, Vixen smiles frostily as she leans forward and sends the image to snow by pressing stop on the camera.
>