Author Topic: Chapter 2: Are sins every forgiven? (part 1)  (Read 270 times)

Offline MelanieGabrielle

• View Profile
    • Melanie Gabrielle
Chapter 2: Are sins every forgiven? (part 1)
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:56:57 PM »
 Book 1: Crimson Blitz
Chapter 2: Are sins every forgiven? (part 1)
Dusk was in the air and the sounds of bells rang in the city. The smell of after rain filled the air as the Church of Our Lady someone in it. It was a man was at the alter praying tightly. His long blonde hair flew to his back as he was dressed in a white robe. In the way back, the doors flew open and a woman in the black cloak was shown in the center. The man turned and slowly she walked in. He got up and whatever light was left, blacked out. The doors kept open and she made her way up the middle of the aisle.

“Cosmos? Chaos? What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you here since the day of the Winter Equinox.  Why have you returned?

The man started to walk towards her. The woman did not take a seat in the pew but kept standing. She didn’t take the hood down either. But he could tell that something was up. A long silence filled the room and it was broken with a sigh. It wasn’t a sigh of defeat but one of different emotions.

“I…I need to be forgiven…for my sins”.

The man stood in front of the woman. He nodded and turned around. He walked back to the altar and grabs the services book. He flipped through the book looking for a certain page. After finding it, he book marked it and walked back to her.

“I am aware you are a Lutheran-Pagan but I do know your faith isn’t weaken. I won’t preach on how you should only follow the savior but I will listen to you child. I’m aware you have a huge burden on your soul. As you’re aware this isn’t a Catholic church either but for you I’ll listen if you need to confess”.

The woman nodded.

“Thank you Pastor. I have felt the darkness touching my soul. I lost control. Many of my friends, family and allies were hurt because of my actions. Sure part of me didn’t cause this but I will take responsibility. I had that night flashing back through my eyes as each time I dream. It gets worse and worse. You know doing this scare me. I know I could end up dying but I have to survive. I’ve had to take out many things that would scare regular people. At one point I went down a road I shouldn’t have. It scared me that I went down this road. I know this isn’t me…that I would backstab the people I care and I acted so heartless. I got caught up on putting others before myself that some people manipulated it. They said I should live for myself, that I’m nothing more but a manipulator. Pastor am I?

He nodded no. The woman watched every movement of his.

Pastor: No, you’re not Melanie. I’ve known you for years and you’re far from that. You have done the work of the lord…even if it’s not the way I’d approve though.

Melanie laughed and took her hood down.

Melanie: I know my meditated are a little…unorthodox if you want to call it that but I do what I think is right. But when it came to this…it was right. It was wrong for me to do all this. I betrayed my family, my own beliefs and my own self. As much as I try not to blame myself, I can’t help but to. “Even in times of war you’re accountable for your actions”. Isn’t that the old saying?

The pastor nodded again. Melanie looked up towards the cross.

Pastor: It is, but your mental status would say otherwise. What else would you like to tell?

Mel’s thoughts snapped out and she turned her head back toward him.

Melanie: That…I’ve been questioning my faith. I know I shouldn’t but the darkest part of my heart is. It’s saying that no matter what I do, I’ve lost control of everything. That no part of repentance can help me down. I’ve damned my own self and…that I am alone. I haven’t seen my family in days; I left them alone and went into a personal exile. So here I am back in Denmark at the church…figuring out that maybe you can help an old soul out. Maybe somewhere in the world of darkness their might be a bit of light.

The Pastor cleared his throat.

Pastor: And didn’t you once say that everyone walks their own path to redemption, light or dark?

Mel couldn’t help but to chuckle at that. She couldn’t believe that he remembered that after all these years.

Melanie: Yes…yes I did but I'm not fit to help anyone…not my family, not my friends. Nobody. I don’t think I can walk that path anymore.

The Pastor put his hand on her shoulder. His eyes looked at her, as her head dropped.

Pastor: Do you not trust in your own words?

Mel couldn’t speak at first. She couldn’t answer that, after all that happened it did make her wonder.

Melanie: In all honestly I wonder. Pastor I messed up hugely and I don’t know what to trust.  I have no idea if coming here was a good idea, I don’t know if I can trust anyone that’s my friends or family. I’ve been blinded and twisted so bad it’s hard right now. My soul feels broken and my mind is in discord. If I can’t help myself how can I help anyone else either? I’m no saint, I’m a sinner, and I’m not a savoir. I never claim to be and I don’t even try to be. I’ve been working so damn hard that these nightmares have tormented me. I’ve been working to death and I swore to myself that I would end this by myself. I know they won’t be happy about that but what can I say? Allow more of my love ones to die before my eyes. I feel like this is all my fault. That I caused the war and not anyone else.

Mel sighed and turned her back to him.

“Dilly dally, shilly shally. Isn't it time you did the forgiving”?

Mel turned her head to the side. Her left eyes caught him still behind her.

Melanie: Are sins ever forgiven?

Pastor: As a pastor of the church I can absolve them but in your case, you need to forgive yourself of your sins as well. I know you and I know it’s going to be hard, but you’ll be able to do it. Come child.

Mel turned and the two walked to the altar. She kneeled down and the pastor grabbed holy water. He dipped his finger in it and made the cross on Mel’s forehead. Mel in her mind was praying though.

Pastor: As thou believest, so be it done unto thee. And by the command of our Lord Jesus Christ I forgive thee thy sins, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Depart in peace.

Mel smiled and raised to her feet.

Melanie: Thank you Pastor.

Melanie turned and walked to the back of the church. The doors opened again.

Pastor: Child of light and darkness!

Mel stopped and turned slightly toward him.

Pastor: When will I see you again?

Melanie shrugged at him.

Melanie: No idea…God’s blessing.
Before he could even speak Mel left the church. The wind picked up as the doors shut behind her. Mel could sense something was going to happen.

~Later that night
Melanie returned home from a bit of training with her family. The Valhalla family was followers of the way of the Vikings, Mel knew how to survive and fight like one. Melanie smiled as she opened the door to her home. But she sensed something off, Melanie felt someone was in her home. Melanie took her sword up at arms. She flipped the light on ready for battle. Silently she walked around looking for the person. When Melanie got into the dining room a chill ran down her spine. Quickly she turned around and swung her sword. The person ducked and kicked Mel’s in the gut. Mel went flying back and hit the wall. Mel’s sword fell out of her hand and the person charged at her. Mel rolled out of the way and the person crashes. Mel got up and grabbed her sword, Mel turned and saw short black hair in her line of vision.

Melanie: Gabe?

It was Gabe Valhalla. His eyes matched Rachel’s hair color as he turned to face Melanie. In his hand was his own sword, up ready to attack at a moment’s notice.

Gabe: Are you one of them!?

Melanie nodded her head no fast.

Melanie: No, no I’m not one of them! I promise…what are you doing here?

Gabe’s sword dropped. With a sharp clang Gabe looked down, his hair covered in sweat as his body started to violently shake.

Rachel: I…I-

Melanie knew that Gabe was crying. She walked over and hugged him tight. Gabe’s head fell onto Mel’s shoulder. Mel started to rub his back soothingly.

Melanie: Shh, it’s okay hon!

Gabe sobbed hard in Mel’s shoulder.

Gabe: Melly!

Mel felt her anger rising. She was ready to kill people and Mel’s eyes faded into their red state.

Melanie: Gabe, it’s okay. It’s not your fault what happened. What happened with Ali isn’t your fault! That was Anisim’s and I promise we’ll bring her back.

Gabe backed up from Mel. He pulled a chair out and sat down. Mel looked at her brother as Gabe put his head in his arms. Melanie couldn’t even say anything to Gabe. It was in that moment that it seemed that the rolls changed. Mel felt her brother’s rage running in her.

Gabe: I…I don’t know what to do Mel.

Mel’s face was stoned. She didn’t have any expression. She picked up her sword.

Melanie: You can stay here as long as you want. You know I won’t turn you away Gabe even though…you know bror.

Gabe smiled weakly at his sister.

Gabe: Thank-thank you sister.

Melanie nodded at him. That moment though Mel knew she had to end this. It wasn’t an option and she knew everything was at stake. They all did and Mel was ready for war…now it was just a matter of how she was going to figure this all out.

~The next day~
Mel found herself in her training room ready to kick some ass. Across from her was Sam and in his hand was a bo-staff.

Sam: Princess are you sure?

Mel: Yes Guardian, I am. Timer is set for three-twenty six.

Sam: Alright let’s do this then.

(#NP: “Blow me away” (Instrumental version) by: Breaking Benjamin from the Halo 2 OST)

Sam jumped into the air and Mel knew he was coming down to strike her. Mel jumped back and hit herself off the wall. She used her velocity and circled around him. Sam went to turn but Mel side kicked his body. Sam went flying and hit the wall hard. Mel eyed him for a quick second and backed up. Sam slowly got up and Mel went flying at him, he blocked her with his staff and Mel staggered back.

Mel: I have to become stronger!

Sam hit her with his bo-staff and Mel went flying back a bit. She bounced off the ground and landed a few feet away from him. Sam spun his bo-staff in his hand and started going toward Mel. Mel got up and grabbed her Viking sword. She turned and blocked him, kicking him back. Sam staggered and Mel slashed her sword at him but Sam was able to get his staff up in time. Mel dropped and used a spin kick, knocking him back. Mel saw his bo-staff was out of his hand.

Mel: I cannot accept defeat! Failure will never be an option!

Mel went over to declare her win but Sam was waiting for her. He grabbed his wife’s leg and she fell to the ground. Sam flipped them over so he was on top and threw a right hand. Mel turned her head and he missed. Mel threw one of her own but Sam dodged it. Mel smirked and had her hand turn to ice. She punched him hard and it made Sam get off of her. Mel let out a roar and her hand turned back to normal. She then formed an energy orb in her hand and launched it. Sam got up and counted it with bolt of lightning causing the orb to become bigger. Sam gulped and Mel smirked again.

I will not bow, I will not break. I will not die and I will stand in the dead of night!

Mel wacked it at him like a tennis ball and it hit him. Sam felt his body feel like Bjorn had strike him “Hammer of Thor”. Mel ran fast at him and punched him right in the stomach. Sam staggered back and sent a fire ball at her. Mel felt the heat and it slapped her chest. Mel used water to put it out before she could catch on fire. Sam then sent a gust of wind at her and Mel’s body flew back, hitting the wall. She screamed from the pain her back felt.

I have to do this for Sam…Athena…everyone. They all depend on me!

Mel slumped down onto the floor. Her eyes started to blur but she could still see her husband. Mel slowly got up and Sam walked over to her. Mel got up and speared him hard onto the floor. She punched him in the head a few times and kicked him in his nether region. Mel slapped his head and she made his vision distort.

Mel: STAY DOWN!

Mel’s eyes shifted to red and you can tell she was angry.

If I fail everything is over for us. I will face everything and rise.

Mel swung her sword but Sam blocked it.

Sam: Princess! STOP!

Mel stopped and Sam felt his vision return.

Sam: That’s enough! I have no idea what’s gotten into you but you need to calm down now.

Mel felt herself slip back into normal.

Mel: I…I’m sorry.

Mel felt herself slump onto the floor and Sam went over to her. He took her into his arms and held her.

Sam: It’s okay Mel. You don’t need to overdo it. I told you not to, you’re not fighting this war alone.

Mel felt tears slipped from her eyes and Sam wasn’t about to leave her.

“Even though he had said that it didn’t make me feel any easier. I know that they would fight with me but I would tell myself that I had to do this alone. I had to walk the path alone and no one else would get hurt. Selfish isn’t it? Maybe this was my way of punishing myself for sins I didn’t evn do…maybe I should do the forgivng.”

~Later that afternoon.~
Mel opened her laptop and logged into her blog site. She sat back and took a swig of her water. It wasn’t going to be easy since she was facing Keira. Mel focused and started to type whatever came to mind.

Hello Clanmates!
It’s your favorite Angel and Queen of the Norse here Melanie Gabrielle! So you’re wondering what I’m thinking about this whole ordeal with Keira and main eventing for the Bombshell Roulette Championship. Well to be honest I’m just nervous. With this being a roulette title match you could be in anything. Yes I know I can adapt but it doesn’t make it any easier. You have to expect the unexpected and I know how to do that for sure. Nothing in this world surprises me…well minus the fact that I got this title shot. Everyone though it would have been Lucy but they picked me. It’s fine though because we’re the Clan. We always support one enough no matter what…even if it doesn’t seem like it.

I’ve been hard on myself this whole year though. I haven’t been sleeping well, I’m working a lot and to the bone. Some would say death, Gabe’s wife is still in a coma, Anisim is still running free and only God knows what else. Sometimes I wonder if I should stop taking the blame for everything that isn’t my fault. It’s been like this for years and I don’t understand why at times. Maybe because I feel like I’ve caused it in some way.

Sins…are they really forgiven? I have no idea honestly. But even the leader can be broken in war time. Once it’s over only God knows what’ll happen. I just need to focus and do what I do best:

Survive.

Yes survive. In this type of match you need to survive! With it being spun by the wheel of fate you could be thrust into anything. Now what Keira doesn’t know is that I’ve been through a ton of crazy matches. I’ve done TLC, barbed wire, women’s inferno…oh God don’t remind me of that and so much more. Well we all have. That’s the thing Keira, I’ve done a lot in my four years and it has made me rise to glory and even fall from grace.

To you I’m still a mystery, we’re friends but I haven’t said everything yet. No idea if I ever will though. You’re good in the ring honestly but I am legendary. I am the Queen after all and no matter what, no one can take that throne from me. I am respect and loved by my people and I thank them for sticking with me.

In this match anything can happen…But no matter what I am ready to win that title. I need to face everything and rise like I always have! I can’t and will not fail! You are my friend but you know that in the ring there is no friends. I can say I will decimate in the ring if I have to. I’m not scared and I will not quit. Yeah I know my record in SCW isn’t the best but guess what. Shit happens!

I’ve learned that over the years that in order to survive you have to do what you must. Oh I will in this match. Right now our family has sadness, fear and doubt and I will bring them some hope with this title! Keira, I am going to show everyone at SCW why the Clan rules, why I rule and why fear is nothing. I believe in myself and I am ready to survive. I hope you can say the same thing because this match I don’t take mercy, I am focus and I am ready to win a war. This is just another battle which is going to be won.

Keria, I hope you don’t get mad at me but you know it’s just business. That’s how it’s always is in the ring for us. I wish you luck and get ready for the reign of the Clan.

Fade to black.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:01:05 PM by MelanieGabrielle »
user posted image