Author Topic: Endeavor III  (Read 350 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor III
« on: September 28, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »
 Blog: Almighty Fire: Brick and Mortar
semana del 23 al 30 de septiembre de 2018

Someone once said that when you enter the wrestling business, there are two things that are most real: winning your first championship and when you're inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Well I accomplish the first part nine years ago. It was my thirteenth match since turning pro and ten months into my career. It was a pay-per-view match in mid-October at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. Normally, I expected to have a one-on-one for the title, but on this day, I was caught by surprise when I was told the title was somewhere hidden in San Francisco. And so the "San Francisco Treasure Hunt" was a go. Long story short, after fighting through trolleys, being barfed on during a bus ride on BART, and one final climatic showdown on top of a rain forest exhibition at the California Academy of the Sciences, the night ended with me capturing my first championship. Was it worth ruining a fire ant exhibit (the ant bites caused my face to become swollen), disrupting a presentation taking place at the Morrison Planetarium and destroying a bed of exotic flowers atop the rain forest canopy within the Kimball Natural History Museum, disturbing an iguana habitat and aquatic wildlife, and losing my balance  to plunge four feet into the Steinhart Aquarium twice? You bet your life it was!

On average, winning my first title  in any given promotion have usually come early in my career. Sometimes it takes one match, sometimes four matches or eight, nine, ten, twelve or even thirteen. No matter how long or short it took, success was never far away.

Firsts are something I have a knack for, breaking records is an everyday occurence. Making history is what I do, and I happen to be very good at it.

Anything less would be uncivilized.

~~~

Smile Because it Happened, The Sixth: Look What You've Made Me Do The Fourth: You've Met Your (Re)Match
Present Day • S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

The scene opens to Mercedes sitting in a wicker chair with her legs slightly dangling over the armrest. Just out of reach is her set of the World Mixed Tag Team Championship displayed on a side table. She begins filing, sharpening, her nails with one fluid motion from side to center with a cerulean nail file.

"¿Cómo va, SCW? ¿Estás bien? Bueno.
"How's it going, SCW? You're good? Good."

Mercedes smiles.

"I guess you can say it's opposite day. Over in Honor Wrestling, Jessie Salco is currently holding a championship while I'm unpinned well over 450 days now. In SCW, I'm holding a championship and, well, she's not. So, this weekend, Jessie, you have to face me twice, back-to-back, Saturday night in Honor Wrestling and Sunday night in SCW at Climax Control, and both are the last matches of the night. Lucky you. Or should that be unlucky you? Because I can't honestly say either of those matches are in your favor. Not when your tag partner happens to be Kate Steele, the worst person, much last the last person, anyone in their right mind would have as a tag partner. But then again, being the person to volunteer to be Kate's partner doesn't surprise me at all. Somebody had to take the bait. Nobody in the Bombshells Division likes Kate Steele. In fact, if she was on fire and someone had the last water bottle on Earth, they would drink the entire thing right in front of her. If she got hit by a bus tomorrow, provided I'm the one driving that bus, no one save for her family and maybe two of her fans would even care. Oh sure, a few might wonder out loud who she was, but it pretty much ends there. You're as unpopular as she, Jessie, so the two of you teaming up makes for quite a pair.

"As for Kate, I've faced her for so long that I pretty much know what she's going to say before she says it: Blah blah blah blah bloody wanker. Blah blah blah blah best submissionist ever. Blah blah blah I'll break your arm. Blah blah blah I broke your Bombshell Roulette record - yeah, by one week, but at least I never lost to Veronica Taylor. Siren's Song, Shipwreck, cut and print. Chances are she's going to age-shame me, call me irrelevant, talk about how she's younger than me and how much more she wants the win. Yup, I covered all the bases here."

She gets more comfortable changing positions shifting her weight so that she’s now seated in an upright position. Looking down at her hands, then glances back up at the camera.

"One thing most people notice about me is that I can see the bigger picture. Let's face it, Jessie didn't step in to be Kate's partner because they have a shared hatred of me, she's only doing this because just as she admitted to joining Honor to end my unbeaten streak, she thinks she's found another loophole to get herself a title match. She's banking that a win over me gets her a shot at the World Mixed Tag Titles. Worst kept secret, right?"

Mercedes makes a tsk-tsk sound while shaking her head.

"This may come as a surprise to her, but that title ban is still in effect. And..."

Mercedes holds up one finger in a wait-a-minute gesture.

"And, she's still Amy's servant, at least for the final months of 2018."

Mercedes holds up her hands in reservation.

"Hey, don't look at me, I didn't pissed off Christian Underwood."

For a moment she shrugs her shoulders, rolling her eyes.

"Anyway, this match, I'm going to be honest, doesn't get my heart racing, it doesn't make me want to break out in song or make me start tap dancing down the aisle. But being the consummate professional that I am, I'm going to have a smile on my face, march down that ring, and then proceed accordingly to embarrass and humiliate you. I think this match will last no more than ten minutes, five if I'm being generous. And Cat Riley won't have to worry who gets to have their hands on Kateykins first. She can have first dibs while I watch from my side of the ring. The way I see it, it's a win-win for us. Cat remains undefeated, and I tie Roxi Johnson for the most overall wins by a Bombshell in SCW history."

Nonchalantly nodding her head, Mercedes maintains the impassive expression on her face. She was on the verge of making history. The question is would history be made or delayed?

"But no one will ever match the endeavor of one Jessie Salco. #BeLike Jessie. Tell your opponents that you're going to kick their ass, even when you know you pose no threat to them. #BeLikeJessie and attend every rock concert from here to Modar, or throw in a rock song or two to really make your promo shine. #BeLikeJessie. I try to be like Jessie. I really did, but I came to realize that I can never be like Jessie. Because I'm better than Jessie, I'm smarter than Jessie and there's no amount of fluke wins that will change that.

Leaning forward, Mercedes cups her hand in her face.

"Kate Steele, you may have better luck than I ever could because come Sunday, you will be like Jessie: a loser, a crybaby, and someone who is only on the roster because SCW remembered you were still on the payroll. Matter of fact, you should have stayed away from SCW and never came back. You tapped out, you gave up your mantle and now Cat Riley took your place as Queen of Submissions. Maybe after Cat uses your face as a mop to wipe your tears from off the canvas, you'll reconsider retirement. Here you are blaming management when there's no one to blame but yourself."

Mercedes stops filing her nails to look up at the camera.

"No tiene pelos en la lengua. ¿Crees que eres el mejor, estupida perra? Demuéstrenmelo.
"I don't mince words. You think you're better, stupid bitch? Prove me wrong."

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:09:06 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)