Author Topic: Team Eggplant v Gamer Inc  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Team Eggplant v Gamer Inc
« on: April 21, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match in this thread.

One roleplay per week, per member maximum.
5,000 word limit

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

If I could go back now to save myself the loss
Substanceless character brought back would be the cost
Agony today
Is tomorrow's strength
So don't run away
'Cause misery is
Evolving into something that we can't see
Evolving and becoming, transforming
So don't run away

Camera On
[Off]
London England
Present Day

It was a miserable day in London, dark clouds hung overhead and looked menacing, the last few days had been the same. Cold, rainy and not fun at all. Sierra sat in the hotel room on the fourth floor looking down at the city from above. Her long hair was tied back as she looked relaxed in sweat pants and a shirt, her feet sat on a table as she let out a deep sigh. Lachlan was not there, he was having his final check up to get medically cleared for London Brawling.

Then a little voice cut through the silence making Sierra jump. “Momma?” She turned to find her oldest daughter Jade standing next to the chair, she rubbed her eyes sleepily as she looked out the window too. ”It’s raining again. Olivia is still asleep” Sierra smiled warmly and pulled her daughter up onto her lap, the five year old girl looked around and tried to get used to her surroundings. Lachlan and Sierra made the decision to bring the girls to europe instead of flying back and forth. Sierra’s ex’s both surprising her with their acceptance and permission.

Jade looked so much like her mother. The same olive skin, the same dark hair and the same mischievious grin. She wore a small red Lachlan Kane shirt and she clutched a small bunny wearing the jersey of the irish soccer team. Obviously bought for her by Lachlan, she held it tight and kept looking around the hoel room. “He’s at the doctor..” Jade frowned and gave a stink eye, Sierra couldn’t help but smile. She loved Lachlan, she loved talking to him and said his accent made her day.

”He said we’d go for breakfast…” Sierra smiled and looked over at the clock, it flashed 7:12 am. Sierra shook her head looking back at Jade with a sigh. ”He’ll be back soon, he went to see the doctor early so he can get a piece of paper saying he can wrestle again. Since he got hurt” Jade gave another small nod and slipped off her mothers lap sitting on the table instead looking out the window, she tilted her head staring at the sytreet, people looked small and tiny as they moved about their lives, going to work, getting breakfast, all the normal everyday things we all do.

”What are you doing pumpkin?” Jade narrowed her eyes pressing her face against the glass. ”Looking for Lachlan” Sierra couldn’t help but laugh and smile she moved Jade’s hair behind her ear hearing a few noises from the other room, she got up and moved through the small archwayn finding Olivia standing in her crib holding the wooden railing, the 18 month old smiling nas she see’s her mother. Sierra scoops her youngest up and walks out to find Jade still staring out at the dtreet below. ”Your sister is silly..

Olivia giggles as Sierra puts her down next to Jade folding her arms, the door then unlocks and Lachlan slides in walking up quietly next to Sierra. ”What’s with them?” Sierra smirks and kisses Lachlan on the cheek whispering in his ear. ”Waiting for their father…

Camera [On] Off
London England
Present Day

”Well, ladies and gentlemen, your SCW mixed tag team champions are back in action!.”

Sierra smiles holding her half of the SCW titles over her shoulder, her black bandana over her mouth with just her eyes visible. The deep green shining as she laughs under the bandana. Her hand hooked around the title belt as she holds it tight.

”It’s been a while. See, Lach and I were riding high, we came into this company and took over the mixed tag division as well as picking up some victories on our own. We have been two of the most impressive names to come to this company in it’s hostory and week in week out we proved it. We won the championships off a hall of fame star and a guy who was a former champion, we ran Kain out of the company, we faced and beat the Jordans, we faced and beat Gamer INC and current Roulette champion Travis Levitt and his disappearing pale bitch Pandora Barrett. We have been the benchmark team and just as we were really finding our groove...Malachi happened…”

“My boyfriends younger brother, jealous of his success decided to attack Lachlan and put him on the shelf”

“Now, SCW knew for a fact that this wasn’t Lachlan or my fault, they knew he would have to sit out for a little while and because we had defended the championships three times and because we had shown the world just how good we were so consistently they allowed us to wait till Lachlan had recovered before booking us in a new match. And it’s also a good thing cause, well, lets face it the Mixed tag division needed someone to step up. Here we had a whole load of makeshift mixed tag teams, any of them could have challenged me and Lachy but in the end...it was a group that has been sitting on their hands...Gamer INC…”

Sierra scoffs and paces back and forth in her tight black jeans and Team Eggplant t-shirt

”We’ve been down this road before haven’t we?. Thing is I’m njot even sure which combination of this little group of idiots we’ll be facing. See, we have already beaten you guys and whether it’s the same combo or a slightly different one the end is going to be the same for the simple fact that you guys are jokes. Unfunny jokes. And for proof one only needs to look at your attitude. And no I’m not talking about your laughable “save” the mixed tag belts comment. I’m talking about your inability to see that you aren’t on the same level as most of the roster…”

“Week after week you make the same statements about how you’re going to win this match and that match and how you’re going to do this and that but in the end you just stay treading water. If you lose you never come out and admit your faultsand that is keeping you in the same place, at the same time doing nothing of note. See, I’m going to give you all a little smidge of advice. There is no shame in going down fighting and losinjg as long as you take each loss as a learning experience. You fall, you pull yourself up and you come back wiser and stronger. That isn’t what you do…”

“You lost to Alex and Austin, you lost in every single big stakes match you’veb had.”

“And instead of going back to the drawing board, admitting your faults and trying hard you just bury your fucking heads in the sand.”

“It’s comical it really is. Lachlan and I have stepped up to every single challenge we’ve had in front of us, we have been given opportunities and any time he and I have lost we have grown from it, gotten better, come back stronger. The loss I had against Mercedes in that triple threat match has taught me I need to be more ruthless and that is exactly what I did against Trinity Jones.”

She pauses for a moment and snarls bringing up Trinity who she had last beaten.

”Trinity called me just a tag team wrestler and dismissed me like I was nothing, she talked a big game just like all of you video game playing nitwits do and she fell to me. That is a woman who was the former number one contender to the SCW womens roulette championship, and I beat her down like a foolish child and walked out with my hand raised. Trinity might be able to grow from this and realise where she was wrong, and that will make her one step up from any of you.”

“But hey, this is your shot right?. This is your shot to m”save” the mixed tag champinships. Yeah that’s right, save them from the only champions who have successfully defended them like us, save them from the two people who have actually made them mean anything more than a cheap trinket.”

“Mercedes and Kain paraded around with these just as something shiny to have on their shoulder or around their waists.”

“They weren’t genuine in their love for tag team wrestling.”

“But me and Lach?. We have worn them prodly, we have tried to get the division going, we have tried to get everyone to stand up and come after these and we have promoted the company and the division everywhere. Lach gets inured and needed a little time off and suddenly we’re bad champions?. Excuse me?. Do I look like I’m going to stand there and take that from a group who as a collective take more L’s than Jake Raab.”

She scoffs and folds her arms with a sigh.

”London brawling will be a moment for Lchlan and I to remind everyone why we won those championships so fast and why for over 150 days we have been at the top of the division, and why it took Gamer INC so long to come for us again. I don’t care which configuration of Team suck squad it is. Lachlan and I are a team unit, we are dangerous together or apart but together we have proved just how unstoppable we can be. No one has been able to beat us, no one has been able to stop us and it sure as shit won’t be a team of inept morons who are too delusional to admit and accept their own short comings and get better in the ring…”

“Nah, London Brawling will end with Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams standing tall...and Gamer INC...I’m going to steal y’alls little catch phrase but actually make it mean something...for you...it’ll be…”

“Game Over”
>

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:55:13 AM »
 March 9, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Off camera/on camera

It was a rainy day in Southwest Florida, as Ellen Holt is lying on her patio with a book in her hand. Her blonde hair is bouncing around as her small floor fan moves side to side. She is enjoying the nice quiet afternoon, when her cell phone rings. At first she ignores it thinking it was work asking if she could come in for a few hours. Ellen worked at a local retail store. She scoffed out loud as the phone continued to ring for a few more minutes. The phone stops ringing as Ellen breaths a sigh of relief. She sinks back into her chair hoping her phone wouldn't go off again. She is just about to turn the page on her book when her phone starts ringing again.

Ellen shouts some unsavory words toward the ceiling as she pushes herself up off the chair. She shuffles herself across the patio and picks her phone up off the small table next to the grill. She looks at the name as a quizzical look appears on her face. She presses the answer button and places it to her ear.

"Dustin? Why are you calling me?" She asks him as Dustin scoffs on the other end.

"How soon can you get to San Diego?" he asks her blatantly ignoring her question.

"Probably within a day, why?" she asks in a curious tone.

"Okay, I'll see you in two days. Don't be late," he says very cryptically.

The phone goes dead as Ellen is scratching her head trying to figure out what her brother was trying to tell her. The next day, she requested some time off but her boss wasn't having it. So Ellen decides to up and quit as she returned home and began packing. She reaches the airport and walks up to the ticket desk.

"Hello," she says as the flight director is smiling at her.

"Good day Ms. Holt, I hope all is well," the director returns as Ellen is a little suscipious at the director.

"I'd like to purchase a ticket for San Diego," she requested as the director continues to smile.

"No need for any of that Ms. Holt. I have a ticket here for an Ellen Holt for San Diego," the director replies as she makes a few clicks with her computer mouse. The sound of her printer echoes as Ellen is dumbfounded at what her brother did for her. She boards the plane and takes her seat.

A day later, Dustin is waiting at the gate for his sister. She steps off and immediately jumps into his arms.

"Thank you Dustin," she says graciously as he puts her down and walks with her towards baggage claim.

"Did you bring your wrestling gear?" he asks her as she nodded her head.

"We are in San Diego so I figured we were going to teaming together in a one off match for the Violent Wrestling League," she answers as he continues to keep a straight face.

"Not exactly. I have this group in Sin City Wrestling called Gamer Inc who need guidance. I can't give it to them since I'm retired but I figured my baby sister would love to wrestle again," he says as she smiles. Ellen has known about Sin City Wrestling for months and has watched the mixed tag team division get forgotten about.

"I'd be honored to help anyway I can as long as I can bash skulls in," she replies as he just nodded his head.

March 20, 2019
Team Bonding
Los Angeles, CA
Off Camera/On Camera

Two weeks have gone by as Ellen Holt, now going by the ring name Sonya Ellington, has become a major part of the Gamer Inc family. She and Jack Stewart as competed in a mixed tag team match in Coastal Wrestling Coalition. They came away with a dominating victory. The stable itself found a new life with Sonya joining the mix.

Now, it's a hot day in Los Angeles, as the quartet are sitting in their office just talking over new strategies for any matchup they might face in SCW. Jack has already experienced winning and losing during his short stint with SCW. Sonya is looking to just get back into wrestling after being away from it for so long. So in order to have a strong team, the quartet have decided to partake in team bonding exercises.

"Are you sure this is even going to work?" asks Sonya as she stands on top of a chair. Jack stands behind her with his arms out wide.

"If we can't trust each other then how are we going to be a cohesive unit," he answers as she shrugs her shoulders.

Sonya crosses her arms in front of her chest as she falls backward. Jack catches her before setting her down. They high five each other as Jimmy is watching from his desk.

"I really believe people have yet to take us seriously. I mean what do we have to do in order to get respect," Jimmy adds as Sonya taps her finger to her temple.

She lifts her eyes up toward the ceiling before snapping her fingers.

"How about we stop asking and just start making," she suggested as the two men look at each other. She smirks before telling Char to get the camcorder.

Char does that as Sonya pushes Jack and Jimmy out of the way. Char laughs as Sonya motions for her to begin.

Sonya Shoot
Off Camera/On Camera

Char nods her head as she presses the record button. Sonya is leaning against a desk.

"Hello Sin City Wrestling, I hope you are having a tremendous day in London. London Brawling 2 is shaping up to be a real barn burner for sure but it turns out Team Eggplant has a problem with us facing them again. I get it you have beating one unit from our group but let me remind you of something. Since Blaze of Glory, you two have done nothing to make those mixed tag team belts mean more than shiny trinkets. Lachlan is too busy having family issues while you were upset that everyone forgot about you.

It must suck knowing that you and Lachlan have treated this division like crap. That's why no one wants to face you. Let's face it, you two are the equivalent to watching paint drying. Yes, I say you are boring. Lachlan can't seem to but himself a win on his own and we all know you got lucky against Trinity Jones. Sierra Williams is nothing more than a relic who has worked past her prime. Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself.

My name is Sonya Ellington. I'm the newest member of Gamer Inc. I have been competing in this business since I was sixteen years old. I have faced hundreds of people like you Sierra. You think everyone is beneath you. You feel as if no one takes you seriously. You think you know everything that goes on with everyone in the locker room.

What you call burying our heads in the sand is what we call circling the wagons. We knew something wasn't working and we immediately fixed it. Beverly Milsap wasn't for the team. She was for herself and that isn't going to fly with us. You keep calling us jokes because we haven't won a match. Big fucking deal. Did you know that we continue to improve our game by competing outside of SCW? I bet you didn't know that because your heads are so far up your own asses that you can't see from the shit covering them,

Sonya takes a minute to catch her breath.

"You made a bold claim by saying you aren't worried about which duo you will be facing at London Brawling 2. That's where you made the mistake. You should be worried because we haven't become complacent like you two. You see, I will be making my in ring debut for SCW and I plan on showing the world why I am the best this company has and I'll prove that by shutting you two down. I bet you didn't expect someone like me huh. You expected someone who was a nerd or a geek. I am both but I'm also a wrestler. I may not be the tallest or the strongest. What I am though is the meanest, I am the baddest and the most gifted athlete this company has seen in quite some time. I am the harbinger of chaos. That's not just a moniker either.

I create havoc no matter where I go because of my attitude. I'm not afraid of digging to the lowest levels just to get what I want. I am a Holt which means I don't play by your rules. Team Eggplant has held this division hostage long enough. It's time for a change and I promise you. We will be that change. If you two want violence then you found the right girl. Because the Princess of Violence will accommodate you both but you won't like the outcome.

I can guarantee you won't like what I do to you. Team Eggplant, your days has champion are numbered. Consider this your only tornado warning."

Offline Lachlan Kane

• View Profile
    • Lachlan Kane
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 02:40:54 AM »
 London, England
April 24
Two a.m.

Finally. Finally, after nearly a month away, he was coming back. Lachlan Kane stared down at the paper clutched in his hand, even though he had committed its contents to memory by now with how many times he had read it over.

He was 100% cleared to compete.

He hadn’t realized how much he lived for wrestling until he had it taken away from him. The past month had been one of the longest of his life. But now he was ready to get back in the ring and do what he loved, alongside the woman he loved.

Lachy?

Speaking of, he thought to himself as he looked over his shoulder to see Sierra standing in the doorway, dressed in one of his old T-shirts and a pair of sweats. He smiled as she walked over and ran her fingers through his hair. “Everything OK?

He nodded, pulling her to sit in his lap. She cuddled against him and laid her head on his chest, while he rested his chin on the top of her head. They sat in silence for a few moments, before Sierra moved to look up at him.

You’ve been...off, the last few weeks,” she said.

He quirked an eyebrow at her. “What do you mean, love?

I can’t really put my finger on it. You haven’t been moody or anything like that, but it’s like you haven’t quite been yourself. Are you sure you’re alright?

Guess I’ve just had a lot on my mind while I’ve been out of the ring.

Malachi?” she said, with a slight sneer.

He chuckled. “Actually, he’s been the furthest thing from my mind. I’ve been thinking more about my life away from the ring.

Now it was Sierra’s turn to look puzzled. “You better not be thinking about retiring.

Lachlan laughed. “Not for a long time yet, darling.” He was quiet for a moment, collecting his thoughts. “All this time I’ve been getting to spend with you and the girls, it’s been the happiest I’ve been in a very long time. I love Jade and Olivia like they were my own flesh and blood. For a long time, I could have never imagined having a family of my own. But now that I have you three, I could never imagine a life without any of you in it.

He paused a moment, tightening his grip slightly around Sierra. “What you said this morning about the girls waiting for their father…” He swallowed, trying to work past his nerves. “That was it. That was the moment I decided.

Sierra turned her face to look up at Lachlan. “Decided...what?

With one final deep breath, Lachlan pulled out the small box that had been in the pocket of his sweatpants. “It’s something that’s been on my mind for a while now. So much so that when we were at my mum’s the last time, she gave me this to give to you.” He flipped open the box, revealing a vintage-looking diamond ring. “It was originally my grandmother's engagement ring, then my da used it to propose to my mum.

Sierra was speechless as she stared down at the ring, her hand coming up to cover her mouth. “Lachy…” she finally whispered.

Lachlan kissed the top of her head, his hand trembling slightly with nerves. “Marry me, Sierra…

--------
London, England
One p.m.

Stick with what you know.

The thick Irish brogue of Lachlan Kane greeted the viewers as they laid eyes on the man himself, dressed for the dreary English weather in a dark grey windbreaker, jeans and black Vans sneakers with a royal blue beanie covering his head. He was accessorized, of course, with the SCW Mixed Tag Championship belt draped across his shoulder as he smiled towards the camera. He stood outside of the Las Vegas Arcade in the Soho district of London, as people came and went in the background.

Pretty sound advice, if you ask me. But sadly, it’s not advice that Gamers Inc seem too keen on following.” He shook his head. “A damn shame, really. It’s almost starting to become sad, watching them struggle and flounder in the ring. Almost makes me feel sorry for them.” He smirked a little. “Almost. After all, they were the ones that asked for this opportunity against Sierra and I, so really they have no one but themselves to blame for their inevitable defeat. How does that saying go? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result. That should really be the Gamers Inc motto, at this point. Every time they step into the ring, they always expect a winning outcome. And yet every time, they just can’t quite seem to get the job done. You really have to admire their tenacity, though.

Lachlan motioned for the camera to follow him as he walked towards the front doors of the arcade, opening them and stepping inside. Immediately, the electronic sounds and laughter from the patrons fill the air as Lachlan maneuvers his way through the crowds to a less populated area, where he turns back to the camera. “You all may be top shit when it comes to your video games, but Sierra and I rule that six-sided ring - with all due respect to Austin Mercer, of course. Since the day we stepped foot in this company, we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we own the Mixed Tag Division. In the six months that we have been here, we have held these titles with an iron grip that no one has even been able to loosen in the slightest. Every team has stepped up, made all the same claims and threats...and failed. Even at Inception, when we had no idea which team we would be facing, we ended the night STILL the champions. And yet, Gamers Inc have the stones to think they’ll be the ones to pry these titles out of our hands?[/colour]”

Lachlan gave a chuckle, shaking his head. “I can see why they might be disillusioned in thinking that. They gave the ol’ heave-ho to Beverly, and now they got this wide-eyed newcomer, all full of piss and vinegar, thinking she’s gonna be the one to pull Gamers Inc up from the depths. You got spirit kid, I’ll give you that. But when it comes to London Brawling? Only thing you’re gonna be getting from Sierra and I is a big, fat L.

Lachlan walked over to a Street Fighter arcade machine, grinning as he leaned up against it casually. “So if you all were smart people - which I sincerely hope you are - you’ll do the right thing, and take the advice I so generously bestowed upon you at the beginning of this piece.” He tapped on the side of the machine. “Stick to what you know.
>

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »
 <p align=right>April 19, 2019
San Diego, California
Stewart Family Residence
Off Camera/On Camera

The sound of footsteps echo down the hall as Jack Stewart is working on a video game review.

~ Jack~
Girls, you need to stop running in the house.

His two lovely daughters are playing tag inside due to the rainstorm happening outside. His bride is sitting beside him with her legs propped up on top of the coffee table. Jack looks over at his wife.

~ Jack ~
Are you going to do something about your daughters?

Felicia giggles while shaking her head.

~ Felicia ~
I've tried to get them to behave but they don't listen to me.

Jack smiles as he turns his head back towards his laptop. His hands are hovering over the keyboard as Felicia looks at him.

~ Felicia ~
You seem troubled honey. What is wrong?

~ Jack ~
I am trying to write a review on this brand new spy game.

He taps his finger on the cover as Felicia glances over at it.

~ Jack ~
I just don't know what to write.

~ Felicia ~
Is it that good? I've never seen you speechless about a game before.

Jack shakes his head.

~ Jack ~
The game is horrid. The gameplay looks like something Michael Bay would direct. The controls are confusing. The storyline makes no damn sense and their is no character development at all.

Felicia cocks her head to the side.

~ Felicia ~
If you hate so much then why are you struggling with the review. You had no problems talking about it just now.

~ Jack ~
My main problem is the same company who produced this god awful game, are the same company who wants to develop the SCW Wrestling game. I don't want to burn a bridge before we get a demo.

Felicia places a hand on his shoulder and softly massages it.

~ Felicia ~
Have you talked to Mark or Christian about postponing this video game idea?

Jack shakes his head.

~ Jack ~
No, I haven't had the time to sit down and talk with him about this video game idea. I think it's brilliant but not everyone on the roster is on board.

Felicia slowly reaches her hand around his chin and turns his face towards her.

~ Felicia ~
I think you are stressing over this and it's good for your health. So why don't we go relieve some of that stress.

Jack smiles as they share a deep, passionate kiss. They scene slowly fades as they get up off the couch.

<p align=right>April 25, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Gamer Inc Headquarters
Off Camera/On Camera

It's another busy day at the office. Char and Jimmy are editing some videos that they had finished filming from a couple weeks ago. Spencer Gosling was standing off to the side with Cameron Sage as they were quietly conversing amongst themselves. So much was happening as Jack was sitting inside his office just staring at his computer screen. He had just finished a skype call with his long time tag partner Josiah Christiansen about certain career goals that Jack wanted to achieve before retiring full time.

He was just about to get ready to join his friends for lunch when longtime friend and co-founder of Gamer Inc steps into his office and closes the door.

~ Jack ~
This is a surprise.

Dustin turns while stepping towards the desk. He extends his hand and the two shake hands.

~ Dustin ~
Hows the wife Jack?

Jack beams with happiness when he looks at Dustin.

~ Jack ~
Felicia is doing wonderful. She is wondering when you and Chrystin will join us for dinner.

Dustin smiles before sitting in his seat.

~ Dustin ~
As much as I would to discuss doing a couples outing, I wanted to get your opinion on something.

~ Jack ~
Whats up?

Dustin clears his throat.

~ Dustin ~
You know we fired Beverly due to her piss poor attitude and not wanting to be team player.

Jack nods his head.

~ Dustin ~
I know you guys are looking to get back on track in SCW. I put in a phone call to my baby sister Ellen. You remember Ellen.

Jack smiles while nodding his head.

~ Jack ~
I remember Sonya. She would make a great addition to the group. You did tell her to head to London right?

Dustin shook his head.

~ Dustin ~
No, I told her to come out here. I don't think she's left Sarasota so I can text her the change of plans.

Jack nodded his head.

~ Jack ~
If that is all then I'd like to go have lunch with the gang. You are more than welcome to join us.

~ Dustin ~
I am a tad famished.

Jack chuckled as the two old friends join the others for some lunch.

<p align=right>April 27, 2019
Boston, Mass
Boston Airport
Off Camera/On Camera

Jack was heading to London to meet up with Ellen when his plane landed in Boston so he could connect to his flight that heads to London. Jack notices no one is around him as he presses the camera button. He switches it from camera mode to video. He checks to make sure everything is clear before presses the record button.

~ Jack ~
Hello Sin City Wrestling, it's me Jack Stewart. I'm waiting for my flight here in Boston. The weather isn't half bad. It's almost enjoyable unfortunately I will have to pass the opportunity to soak in the beautiful aroma that is spring. As you can see, I'm carrying my wrestling bag with me. Now, why would I have this bag on my person and not in the luggage compartment. It's simple. Because I want it close. I want it close so I can remind myself on why I'm going to London.

Jack pauses for a brief moment as he moves to a different location in order to film.

~ Jack ~
In a weeks time, I will be teaming with my old tag partner in Sonya Ellington. This is going to be the second biggest match we have competed in as a unit. It will be the first match since we last teamed together. The last time we teamed together was when we were tag team champions in another company. So don't go writing us off just because we play video games.

Jack changes his location again before continuing.

~ Jack ~
I am getting sick and tired with everyone on this roster just sit on the fact that we play video games. YES, we do play video games but we do more than that. It's not like no one pays attention to what we say since each time we talk. For example, every time we mention our history in this business. It falls on deaf ears because of what we do outside of the ring. Should I harp on the fact Lachlan Kane hasn't had the best record on his own? Should I mention that Team Eggplant hasn't giving this division the respect it deserves? They continue to rack up wins but they have become complacent. They sit on their pedestal expecting everyone to just now at their feet. Well, Sonya and I will be the ones who kick that pedestal down.

Jack pauses to catch his breath.

~ Jack ~
Speaking of Lachlan, you sir, should take your own advice? You should stick to fighting your family instead of calling us unworthy challengers. We are every bit of worthy as you are champions. We called you out because we felt you two had placed this division on the back burner. Well, now, we will make you think twice about facing us. Gamer Inc will come out the winners and there is nothing you two can do to stop it.

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 02:58:47 AM »

\'user

<p align=right>April 28, 2019
San Diego, CA
Off Camera/On Camera

It's been years since Ellen Holt has seen her older brother Dustin. The last time was when he had come down to the Holt Wrestling Academy. He had helped train her even though she was more athletic than most of the recruits. Before she could integrate herself with her new stablemates, she wanted some bonded time with her big brother.

The sun was beating down on the two of them as he was letting his English bulldog play in the park nearest his house. Ellen was watching as Butch the dog chased after each stick Dustin threw.

"Why did you want me in this stable?" asks Ellen as Dustin leans up to look her in the eyes.

"You would have to ask Jack that question. I just suggested your name but it was his decision to add you to the team. Besides, why not you? You are a great athlete and a terrific team player," answers Dustin as Ellen shakes her head.

She wasn't very big on compliments especially since her ex-boyfriend would compliment on her before beating her. Dustin knew about her trouble with men as he places an arm around her.

"Let's not talk about work sis. So how you liking Los Angeles?" asks Dustin.

Ellen lightly punches her brother on the arm. "It's very massive and the people can't drive. It's worse then those old farts who shouldn't be driving," she answers.

Dustin chuckles as Ellen kneels down and pets Butch on the head.

"I see Butch loves you," jokes Dustin.

Ellen sticks her tongue out at him while standing up to her feet. Butch is wagging his short tail as Ellen twirls a small stick in between her fingers.

"When are you going to learn? Dogs love me," Ellen responds while throwing the stick and Butch runs after it. Ellen watches as Dustin smiles at how quickly his dog bonded with his sister.

"Butch doesn't like everyone so you must be a lucky girl," Dustin jokes again as Ellen playfully tosses her hair around. They continue playing with the dog while enjoying the cool breeze.

<p align=right>April 30, 2019
London, England
Off Camera/On Camera

Two days later, Sonya Ellington has landed in London. Sonya wanted to get into the city early so she could do some heavy sight seeing. After checking into the hotel, Sonya took a stroll down the sidewalk. She sees Big Ben and is looking to take a selfie when a man bumps into her.

"Excuse you," she shouts as the man stops in his tracks. He turns on his heels as Sonya gulps a little. "Josiah!?" she questions while rubbing her eyes.

The man smirks as he gets closer to her. Josiah Turnbow was standing right in front of her. She almost couldn't believe her eyes. "Hey Sonya," says Josiah as stretches his hand out toward her. Sonya looks around before taking his hand.

"What are you doing here Josiah?" asks Sonya. Josiah rubs his head while letting out a couple sighs. Josiah Turnbow is an active member of a wrestling stable known only as Torment. Sonya was once asked to join but she turned them down. Josiah thought it was because of him but it was due to her family name.

"I'm here looking to recruit people for Torment. Why are you here?" he returns with a question of his own.

"Why is that any business of yours?" she asks as Josiah bites down on his lips. Josiah is about to fire back when a six foot six inch tall man walks up to them.

"Hey Sonya, we were looking for you," the voice rings out as Sonya looks up and shows a smile.

"Hiya Jimmy," says Sonya as Josiah sucks down a wall of spit. Jimmy smiles as he waves at Sonya. Josiah sighs before looking down at his watch.

"I've got to get going," says Josiah as Sonya just waves him goodbye. Josiah slowly walks off as Jimmy is scratching his head. Sonya looks at him.

"Don't ask. So where is everybody?" she asks as Jimmy points over at the House of Parliament. Sonya smiles as they walk towards the group.

<p align=right>The following is from the thoughts of Sonya Ellington

The world has finally woken up. No one seems to be firmly behind Team Eggplant anymore. That could be due to their need of wanting attention. Sierra Williams is a good example of being an attention whore. Before her significant other Lachlan was injured, Sierra was happy sitting on the sidelines. She was okay with being forgotten about until he went down. Now why is that? Is it because Lachlan was no longer holding you down? Is it because you thought it was your chance to make a name for yourself?

It's no secret that you guys have taken the mixed tag division by storm. You guys have held those belts for a long time. You have held them so long that you have hid behind them. Lachlan may have won matches with you but on his own he couldn't win his way out of a paper bag. Sierra has proven she can win on his own. Unfortunately, you two are walking into a battle this upcoming Sunday that you can't win.

Oh I know what you are going to say. We are nothing but gamers. We are going to lose because you are soooo good. Those are poor reasons due to the fact we aren't the same team. We are determined to prove you wrong. We are coming into this match with one goal. That goal is to eliminate you two. Our motives are to prove that we are the team to beat.

It doesn't matter what you morons think about us. It doesn't matter what happened in the past. Jack and myself are going to waltz into London and teach you two how not to judge a book by its cover. There are no cheat codes for this match. We are looking to break out of the screen and crush you under your own egos. Gamer Inc is still a strong unit. We never once had hidden agendas. Our goals are the same. Team Eggplant will fall. That is a guarantee. So get ready because it's about to be GAME ON!!!!

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 11:19:23 PM »

Camera On
[Off]
Rosewell, New Mexico
Last Year.

Sierra: You’re late

She sat with her arms folded over her chest, the small apartment that she’d called home was clean but not a place she wanted to be. Stuck in New Mexico due to an agreement with her ex Wulf Erikson. He stood in the doorway his head slowly looking down. He moved in and put the baby carrier on the table facing it towards Sierra as if to show Olivia was safe and sound, asleep and curled up with a blanket.

Sierra ground her teeth and shook her head pushing off the chair and walking into the next room as Wulf followed.

Wulf: Yeah Si I’m sorry I guess I just lost track of time and Olivia was asleep so-

Sierra: Stop….

She spun around coming face to face with him, his long blond dreadlocks were tied up and away from his face, his eyes were bloodshot and then Sierra smelt it. The unmistakable odor of marijuana. She took a deep breath in and tried to calm herself, her temper starting to flare up. That latina side that caused her to get suspended from school as a child and what led her into the wrestling business. Her hands balled into fists, Wulf looked down and even in his hazy state recognized the anger, he looked down and away as shame came over him.

Wulf: Si, I just needed...I mean I needed it, I was stressed out, Olivia was crying and I couldn’t get her to stop...I just.

Slap

The sound of her hand, now open coming into contact with the side of Wulfs face echoed through the small apartments living room. He stepped back as Sierra stepped forward keeping her voice low but harsh as to not wake the tiny baby in the next room or alert Jade who was asleep in her bedroom, exhausted from staying up to wait for her baby sister to come home.

Sierra: I don’t want to hear your excuses, Wulf. You can’t do that, you can’t smoke fucking weed while looking after our 4-month-old baby daughter!....you fucking idiot!

Her voice got a little higher, she caught herself and turned away from him, her long hair tied up in a high ponytail, she wasn’t dressed like the Sierra we see today, there were no skinny jeans and converse, no band shirts or bandanas, no, she was in a very loose fitting mickey mouse shirt and sweatpants, a thin black hairband around and under the ponytail, she was in full “mom mode” and Wulf was there, a black singlet top and green and black FOX brand motocross pants, he wasn’t even in the shape he used to be, the six-pack he once had now a dad belly. The tears welled up in Sierra's eyes as the anger just got too much.

Sierra: How did we get here?... I just...how? We were so happy and then….

Wulf stayed silent, he couldn’t do anything, he couldn’t look her in the eye, he couldn’t take responsibility. Sierra’s cheeks were now wet with tears, he slowly backed away, his hands in his pockets, he turned to leave the room and sighed.

Wulf: Move back to Canada….

Sierra: What?

Wulfs hand moved to the archway grabbing the wall as if to keep himself steady, he sighed deeply and shook his head trying to keep it all together, his heart burning from pain as he turned to face her, his eyes red from holding back his own tears.

Wulf: I’m not good for her Si….I’m not. I want to see her, I want to be there but I’m...not where I need to be. And you have your parents, you have your sister, Jade and Olivia have cousins and your ex he...he’ll let you do it...so go...I’ll contact your lawyer...I’ll send the documents….go home Si…

She stepped forward, speechless. She had only stayed in New Mexico so Wulf could see Olivia. She hated it, she missed the cooler climate, her family and where she felt comfortable. Ulf had got her to stay, she had been resentful and angry but tried to give him a chance to be a father, a real father. But Wulf had failed...and now...even he could see it. She gave him a nod and leans forward giving him a small hug.

Sierra: Thank you…

Camera [On] Off
London. England
Present Day

Sierra stood across the river looking over at the London Eye, she smirked and slid her hands into the pockets of her jeans, her upper body covered in a black As I Lay Dying hoodie, the hood itself pulled up over the back of her head. It was a typical cold day in London, but this was something Sierra was used to, the weather reminded her of Canada as she smiled and tilted her head.

”You know, I get how difficult this is. You promote a match against a team like myself and Lachlan. I mean really, what can you say without looking like either an idiot or a defeatist. You either go down one path where you take things we have said or done and twist them to suit your own narrative while blatantly lying. Or you take a good, hard look and admit that we are one of the best teams in the world today. See, I get it, I’m not completely heartless. I know that Gamer INC was faced with this hard decision. To either tell the truth and show us the respect we have earned or lie and try and get under our skin. I think it’s obvious based on their comments which road they took…”

“And they chose wrong.”

“Lachlan and I have been damn near unbeatable as a team or as singles stars since we came here, that isn’t propaganda, that isn’t boasting, that’s fucking fact. Lachlan has been in the upper echelon of the male side with his matches away from me and has come close numerous times to getting involved in the world title picture. Again, not hyperbole, facts, straight facts. Another fact, I have lost one match in SCW. ONE FUCKING MATCH. This isn’t due to luck or due to me hiding, this is just because contrary to popular belief, I am that good…”

“And there lies the problem. People in this business bury their heads in the sand and refuse to admit when people are better than them. Mercedes Vargas got a win over a match with me, in tag team competition I beat her, I can admit based on that and her record in SCW she is still a threat to anyone in this business. Cat Riley, Seleana Zdunich, Alicia Lukas, Dani Weston...they are all talented women who have shown just got good they can be and I can admit that they are talented.”

“But, they have proof to back it up..like me…”

Sierra scoffs and folds her arms over her chest looking annoyed.

”Gamer INC doesn’t have this past, all they have sitting behind them is a history of failure, Time after time, failed title shots, failed feuds and instead of admitting that they were beaten, instead of admitting they need to get better and showing respect to those that beat them they would prefer to run their mouths and live in a delusional fantasy world where they are incredible athletes and performers. Like, I’m supposed to care that Char Kwan is over i9n Red Sun wrestling maybe winning a match o0r two?. Please, that company has Matt Shields as a champion, don’t make me laugh. But in SCW Gamer INC and their revolving door of shitty “wrestlers” hasn’t been able to get off the ground floor.”

“You all have losing records except for the new bitch who is brand new. But what the hell does that mean for you?. If you want to be better, to actually win then you need to accept your shortcomings and try and overcome them, not ignore them…”

“Again, facts, not lies. Lies like Sonya Ellington saying we have treated this division like crap. Really?. We have treated it like crap by simply winning matches and begging for real competition?. We have treated it like crap by challenging some of the best teams to step foot in SCW on social media and entering a few tag tournaments?. That’s how we have “treated the division like crap?”. Wow, that…...that’s stupid and is definitely proof that video games rot your brain..”

“Oh but right, we’re not allowed to mention all you do is play video games….despite it being your name, your gimmick and what you do in your spare time…”

“If you don’t want to be known for that, maybe don’t make it the only interesting thing about you since you suck at everything else?”

“And that is the worst part, see Lachlan and I want to be challenged. We want to face the best of the best and the reason why I said we weren’t worried about which combination we’d be facing is that we are prepared for anything. By the way, love how your entire promo was just you listening to me then counter pointing because you have the originality of John Blade stuck in a washing machine but...hey I guess we all can’t have an original thought in our heads can we blondie?”

Sierra snorts and shakes her head looking up at the London eye with a sigh.

”Look, I’m not asking for much, all I’m asking is that you two not embarrass yourselves and actually do research on myself and Lachlan instead of assuming things that aren’t true and making yourselves look like complete buffoons, and yes that is what you’ve done, I wish it wasn’t the case and I was just doing the whole “Arrogant heel” thing, but so many of my friends outside SCW who watched your promos asked me if it was legal for Lachlan and me to be facing peo0ple who are “developmentally stunted”

“So please PLEASE stop making our division...and by extension...the company..look stupid….see you at Wembley…”
>

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 02:38:59 AM »
 <p align=right>April 26, 2019
Stewart Family Reunion
Philadelphia, PA
Off Camera/On Camera

There is one word that describes the Stewart's. That word is dysfunctional. Jack Stewart didn't want to go but his wife Felicia insisted that he should go. Jack sighed as he got a plane and flew halfway across the country. Felicia stayed behind to be spend time with their girls. Jack's plane landed as his little brother Kyle was waiting for him at the gate.

~ Jack ~
Hey Kyle

~ Kyle ~
Hey Jackson, how was the flight?

Jack looks at his brother with a look of contempt crossing his face. He hasn't gone by Jackson since late 2015. He walks with his brother down to baggage claim.

~ Jack ~
I go by Jack now.

Kyle looks at him then makes a mental note about the name change. A few minutes later, Jack and Kyle are exiting the airport as Jack has his bag slung over his shoulder. They make their way through the parking lot until they come up on Kyle's pick up truck. Jack tosses his bag in the bed as they get into the vehicle.

~ Kyle ~
Mom is going to be so happy to see you.

Jack nods his head.

~ Jack ~
Thats why I came out here. I got a text saying she wasn't doing to well.

~ Kyle ~
She has good days and bad days. She still has her wits about her which says something about her will to live.

Jack agrees as he looks out the window. Barbara Stewart, the boys' mother, had been diagnosed with stomach cancer. She has been through several rounds of chemotherapy with very little success. Her doctor gave her five months to live. Throughout the car ride, the two brothers chatted silently while letting the radio play in the background. The sun was hiding behind a few trees as Kyle turns down a country road. The ride is a little bumpy as Jack looks over at his brother.

~ Jack ~
I thought you were going to fix this road.

~ Kyle ~
I would if the rain stopped. Every time I get ready to start, a heavy rainstorm comes through and makes my job more challenging.

Jack chuckled as a two story home with a wrap around porch comes into view. A young lady stands on the top steps with her hand covering her eyes from the fleeting sun. A smile creeps across his face as he looks at Kyle.

~ Jack ~
I see our welcoming committee is home.

Kyle laughs as he pulls right up to the front door. Cynthia Stewart or Cyn steps down off the porch and makes her way towards Jack's side of the truck.

~ Cyn ~
Hello big brother.

Jack barely gets a foot out of the truck as Cyn lunges at him and wraps her arms around his neck. The three siblings are finally back home after many years of being apart. Jack returns the hug as Cyn looks around him.

~ Cyn ~
Where's Felicia and the girls?

~ Jack ~
Their back home. We decided it would be for the best if I just come own my own.

Cyn looks at him while shaking her head.

~ Cyn ~
You know mama will skin you a live Jackson.

~ Kyle ~
Jack.

Cyn turns her head toward the middle child as she looks confused.

~ Cyn ~
What?

~ Kyle ~
Our big brother likes to be called Jack now.

Cyn's eyes go wide as Jack just smiles. He didn't want to correct his sister since she probably won't see him again anyway. Kyle manages to grab Jack's bag as he walks into the house. He takes a few more steps down the first hallway as an older woman calls out.

~ Mom ~
Is that my baby boy?

Jack turns the corner as his eyes land on his mother. The woman looked to be in rough shape. Her hair was partially gone while her skin was showing so many bruises and wrinkles. Jack smiles while stepping towards his mother and gives her a gentle hug.

~ Jack ~
Hi mom

His mother smiles while kissing her son on the cheek.

~ Mom ~
Im so happy you made it home son. Where is that beautiful wife of yours and my two grandbabies?

Jack gulped before kneeling down beside his mother's bed.

~ Jack ~
Felicia is home with the girls. We didn't think it be appropriate for them to see you like this mom.

A small tear drips down his face as his mother wipes it away with her finger. Her smile still remains on her lips.

~ Mom ~
Im proud of you son. You and your wife are doing alright with those kids. I'm glad you worked everything out.

~ Jack ~
Its still a process mom but we are working through it.

His mother continues to smile as they share quiet conversations with each other. His brother and sister are sitting in the living room watching television.

<p align=right>April 30, 2019
Off Camera/On Camera

After a good few days with his family, Jack decided it was time for him to board his plane to head for London. As the plane was getting off the ground, he had sent his wife a text message.

Jack: I'm leaving Philadephia.
Felicia: Okay babe. How is your mother?
Jack: She is doing better. She asked about you and the girls.
Felicia: We will visit her again hopefully.
Jack: I know dear. The plane is about to take off. I'll contact you the moment it touches down.
Felicia: Alright, I love you.
Jack: I love you too.

After the brief conversation with his wife, he sat back in his seat and drifted off to sleep. Several hours later, the plane is dropping down as it is preparing to land. Jack is wide awake as he watches the clouds float on pass him. The audiobook he was listening too had shut off during the flight as he pockets his phone. He leans his head back as the flight attendant comes around.

~ Flight Attendant ~
Can I get you anything sir?

Jack turns her eyes to see the flight attendant. He gives her a warm smile before shaking his head.

~ Jack ~
I am alright. I'm sure the other passengers are more important than me.

The flight attendant was shocked that this flight had a selfless individual on board. She gives Jack a smile before walking off to continue her duties. He returns his gaze out the window. He enjoyed the view as he felt his phone vibrate. He pulls it out as Char had sent him a text.

Char: Hey, have you landed yet?
Jack: No, I'm still in the air. Why?
Char: When you land, go onto the SCW website. Sierra has posted a new promo video. I really think she is delusional.
Jack: I have wifi right here on the plane. I'll just check it out right now.
Char: Okay. Text me or Jimmy when you land.
Jack: Will do after I text Felicia first.
Char: Of course

After the conversation, he turns on his wifi signal and goes onto the website. He fiddles around until a new video from Sierra pops up on his screen. He watches it until he shuts it off. He shakes his head while looking down at his watch.

<p align=right>The following is from the thoughts of Jack Stewart

Respect. Respect. Is that really the route you want to take Sierra Williams? You want us to show respect to two ungrateful hacks who have done nothing but hold an entire division hostage because they can't hack it anywhere else. Let me get real honest with you two clowns. I did respect you. Keyword there is did. You see, I had a lot of respect for you both until now. Tell me, how respectful is it for you to dismiss what we have done in our careers? You say we have been failures in our entire career.

Let's see, fourteen separate reigns as a tag team champion with three different teammates. Nine solo championship reigns to go along with those tag team championships and yet I'm a failure. I don't remember ever calling myself a failure. I have admitted that we have lost to some great teams. We have lost hard fought matches. We accept them but that doesn't make us failures. We would have to give up in order to be called failures. I don't remember us giving up. I don't remember us pulling the plug. So unless you know something that we don't then I suggest you knock off the stuff about being better than us.

I just love how you get offended when we call you out on your lies. Oh, wait there facts based on you. Here are the facts. Fact one, each match Lachlan Kane has had on his own ended with him on his back looking up at the lights. Fact two, you have been boring champions who claim to have wanted competition but overlooks those who can provide you with it. Fact three, Sonya Ellington and myself are a formidable unit that you should really take seriously. Heck, Gamer Inc as a whole are a formidable unit that you write off because of our win loss record. Since when did we care about those numbers. That's all they are and that's all they will be. Numbers can change but talent can't.

I have seen you compete in that ring. Sierra Williams wrestles like she is smuggling goats into the country. Lachlan can't seem to find the on switch for a personality. Team Eggplant has had a great run with those belts but like we have said since this match was announced. That run is coming to an end. You see, we have researched you. We have found that your mouth loves writing checks that you can't cash at the bank. Sonya and myself aren't writing any bad checks. We are just two wrestlers who enjoy playing video games.

That's the difference. We aren't just video gamers which you tend to latch onto like its the only thing you guys have on us. You overlook what we can do inside that ring because of our win loss record. The Cleveland Browns have proven that if you preserver through the struggles than you will find the success at the end. That's what we have done. Yes, we have lost close battles but we have always stuck together. We have never gave up on our mission.

London Brawling 2 will be the night where the underdogs, the outclassed geeks, take two overhyped, bland as two white pieces of bread, loudmouth bigots straight to school. You two want respect. No. What you want is a fight. What you will get is a beat down. What will happen is Team Eggplant gets a major dose of reality. Gamer Inc wants respect but we know that's not going to happen. So we will do the next best thing. We will earn it by taking you two out. Remember, cheat codes don't exist. The game of life is hard to win. Also, COMEDY KILLS.

See you two scrub brushes in London. Let's cause a racket while smashing two tennis heads all over Wembley.

Offline Lachlan Kane

• View Profile
    • Lachlan Kane
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 04:26:35 AM »
 May 2 - 10 a.m.
Sea Life Centre Aquarium
London, England

Life could not get any better for Lachlan Kane.

He was finally ready to get back in the ring after nearly a month off, he was now engaged to his longtime girlfriend Sierra Williams, and he had been spending the SCW’s UK tour not only with Sierra, but her two little girls as well. He had come to love Jade and Olivia like they were his own, and they loved him just as much. So much so that when the couple broke the news to Jade that they were getting married, the five year old was so overcome with joy that she burst into happy tears and wouldn’t stop hugging Lachlan for hours. Olivia was a bit too young to understand, but seeing her older sister so happy made her happy as well. For a long time, Lachlan was so focused on his wrestling career that he never entertained the idea of having a family for quite some time. But the universe apparently had other plans for him, and now he couldn’t imagine his life without “his girls”, as he had taken to calling them.

They had all decided that they wanted to have a day out to celebrate, starting at the Sea Life Centre Aquarium. He had always wanted to see it whenever he had been in London previously, but usually didn’t have the time. Now, he was glad that he was getting to experience it with his new little family.

Lachy, come on! I wanna see all the fishies!” Jade tugged on Lachlan’s hand impatiently as he tried to pay for their tickets at the front counter.

Sierra shifted Olivia in her arms. “Be patient, Jade. Lach has to pay for us to get in first. We have lots of time to see everything.

Jade gave a roll of her eyes, but waited patiently as Lachan finished paying and got the tickets from the attendant. “Now then, my impatient little stór,” he said, scooping Jade up into his arms and giving her sides a tickle. “Let’s go see all these fish. Sound good?

Jade smiled brightly as she hugged Lachlan around the neck. “Yay! I wanna see the jellyfish first!

Well, what about the peanut butter fish? Those are my favourite,” Lachlan joked, earning a groan from Sierra and a giggle from Jade.

Well, at least you’ve got the terrible dad jokes down,” Sierra said with a roll of her eyes.

-------
The Shard
London, England
Later that day

Leaning up against a glass wall at the View from The Shard in central London, Lachlan Kane gazed out across the bustling urban city centre, a pensive look across his face. Dressed in his usual attire of jeans, a black ‘Sierra Williams’ T-shirt and a grey hoodie, he looked like your typical tourist...if it weren’t for the ten pound gold SCW Mixed Tag Team title draped across his shoulder. As the camera drew closer to the Irish fighter affectionately known as “The Scrapper”, he began speaking without tearing his blue-eyed gaze away from the sight of the Tower of London below.

You know, I'm running out of ways to say it. Maybe I should try different languages...Nous sommes les meilleurs. Somos los mejores. Táimid an chuid is fearr. No matter what language it’s in, the message stays the same. We are the best. And we go out and prove it night after night after night. And still, there are people who are foolish enough to continue their tired attempts to undermine our reign and make us seem like we’re not the most dominant champions this company has ever seen in recent history. People like Gamer Inc.” Lachlan gave a little shake of his head, a soft sigh passing his lips as he turned to face the camera.

Look, I’m not an unreasonable man. I believe in giving respect where it’s due. Once upon a time, Sierra and I were opponents. As a matter of fact, she was my very first opponent on US soil, back in the beginning days of Division. Now, I didn’t know a whole lot about her, but I recognized that she was a worthy competitor and I showed her the respect she was due. Now look at us! We just got engaged!” Lachlan chuckled. “Not exactly something you hear every day in the wrestling world, but then again, we’re not like anyone else in the wrestling world. But I digress...I was using that as an example of giving someone the respect that they’re due. Gamer Inc, however? They’ve shown that they have no respect towards us. So, the way I see it? You get what you give. You want to disrespect us and everything we’ve done for the mixed tag division? Then that’s what you’ll get back...tenfold.

At this rate, I should just record one promo, and play it for every match. Since I’m pretty much saying the same thing over and over again. And that is...no one can beat Sierra Williams and I. Many have tried, all have failed. It’s not an opinion at this point, it’s just straight up facts. Mercedes Vargas and Kain, the Jordans, Travis Levitt and Pandora Barrett...hell, we’ve already beaten Gamer Inc. once before, but this time they think they’ve got it all figured out, just because they brought someone new to play with. And I could forgive Sonya Ellington her ignorance in thinking that we’re nothing to worry about...if it wasn’t for the fact that her new little stablemates hadn’t faced us once before and lost. It’s one thing to be confident, but it’s a whole other thing to live in denial. You think we’re complacent, when we’re out there promoting the shit out of this company, trying to bring in fresh talent to face us? What exactly have you done for this division lately?” Lachlan smirked. “That’s right, not a damn thing. While you’ve all been sat on your arses collecting your checks for doing next to nothing, Sierra and I have been all over Twitter, scouring other companies for teams to bring over to SCW just so we don’t have to face the same revolving door of talent week in and week out. If that’s what you think complacency looks like, perhaps you should put down the controllers and pick up a damn dictionary for a change.

You act like Sierra and I are content to just coast on through with minimal effort.” Lachlan barked out a harsh laugh. “That is the furthest thing from the truth. Hell, that isn’t even in the same universe as the truth. We’re not just a couple of figureheads for this division. We don’t just want to say we’re the best this company has to offer. We’re always ready to prove it to anyone, anywhere, anytime. It’s not our fault that anyone that could even be considered a threat to our title reign has already had their shot and come up empty-handed. And now, you little ragtag bunch of gamers want another go-round.” He gave a half-hearted shrug of his shoulders. “I suppose we can humour you one more time while we wait for the real competition to show up. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. This isn’t gonna be like your little video games. Once we put you down again and retain our belts for the fourth time, it’s game over. No extra lives, no reset button.

Just as he finished speaking, Sierra Williams walked up beside him, smirking towards the camera with her own belt riding on her shoulder. Lachlan smiled at her, looking back at the camera lens. “Playtime’s over, kids. Let the real games begin.
>