Author Topic: We don't play games  (Read 337 times)

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
We don't play games
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »

No importa cómo caemos. Solo que nos levantamos.
Peu importe comment nous tombons. Seulement que nous nous élevons.
It doesn't matter how we fall. Only that we rise.

Roswell, New Mexico
2 Years Ago

Her hands shook, her eyes focused. A million thoughts ran through her head, ranging from happiness to a deep sadness, to anger, frustration, all of it mixed together in a giant emotional ball. Each breath seemed to shudder in and out of her body as her chest raised and fell at a higher pace than normal. Each passage of time seemed like an eternity. Every second, every minute. Her body started to get cold as she looked around the bathroom. The eggshell white tiles touched her legs as she sat indian style, the small white stick in her hands moved with her shudders and shakes.

Sierra Williams: Fuck…

The word seemed to push out with my power than she had intended. A streak of fear moved down her spine and through her body. Had he heard her voice?. Was he going to start wondering where she was?. Sierra pulled herself up on the edge of the bathtub, the sink still running with hot water that had caused steam to rise and fill the small bathroom. She took another slow deep breath trying to calm her racing heast as she wiped the mist from the mirror. Her long black hair wet and hanging down her body, a white towel wrapped around her.

The hotel amenities left in there laying across the sink and small bathroom bench. The small bottle of shampoo laying on it’s side empty with it’s conditioner twin standing tall next to it, the small circular bar of soap wet and slowly melting started to stain the small dosh it was left in. Sierra closed her eyes and started to wish, a wish she had never expected to make as she muttered to herself like some kind of arcane chant. She opened her eyes looking back into the mirror, her brown eyes focused in on her reflection as she let out another breath and slowly looked back down at the object in her hand. To her pain and and sadness, and strange conflicting happiness the result had not been changed or altered.

Sierra Williams: Shit!

The word exploded even louder than the last, her hand mover up to her lips as she turned off the tap, she heard movement outside the door, she held her breath for a moment and listened close. Then she heard it, Wulfs voice.

Wulf Erikson: Si?....you ok?

She swallowed hard, her eyes darting from side to side, should she hide it?. Should she tell him?. Should she wait and take another test?. All the questions asked but no answers from herself given. She moved around the bathroom putting her clothes in the bag grabbing her underwear and a baggy shirt, she started to get dressed before realising she hadn’t answered him back, her voice stuttering a moment as she let the towel drop.

Sierra Williams: Y-yeah I’m fine, just getting my shirt on...you know..ready for bed and such….

Her voice was obviously different. The words falling and raising with a higher pitch as she added a chuckle at the end. Her mind regretting it and shooting one word that also muttered out her lips. Stupid. She stopped as some positive thoughts came through her head. Wulf could be happy, he might not be so against anything. He also isn’t as smart as most would hope to be. Maybe she could hide it. Maybe the test was wrong. Maybe he didn’t sense anything different. She held the white stick in her hand and wrapped it up in the towel as she went to the door, she slowly opened it and looked up. Wulf stood there in front of her. His face full of concern and a nervous energy.

Wulf Erikson: Are you ok? You seem off. Is it the weird stomach thing you’ve had? Are you still throwing up?

The question was difficult to answer. The last three weeks she had not been in the ring, she threw up and officials had taken her off the cards to be a competitor. For the last month she had sat on the sidelines. Her calling avoiding her as she had just begun gaining traction. But now, if it was true there would be a wait for her career and dreams. She smiled lightly, doing her best to let nothing on as she lowered her voice to a calming flow, her body language relaxing as she leaned forward kissing Wulf on the cheek.

Sierra Williams: I’ll be fine..really….

She smiled again, wider this time with a small laugh under it. Wulf tilted his head studying her. He looked like a lost puppy, wanting to ask questions, desperately seeking answers. She looked away and moved past him to the small fridge, she grabbed a bottle of water and set the towel down on top of the bar fridge before looking over at the bed. As she moved toward it she stopped, Wulf moved behind her grabbing the towel.

Wulf Erikson: Si…..what’s this?

The realisation send a shock of fear into her heart and down through her stomach causing it to tighten as she took in a sharp quick breath holding it, slowly she turned around and swallowed hard, Wulf stood there holding the pregnancy test in his hand, his eyes trailing over the small box with two dark pink lines, the symbol for positive. She stuttered as her hands clasped together.

Sierra Williams: I...well..see….congratulations...daddy…..

There was an awkward silence, so thick with tension as Wulf stayed silent. Sierra swallowed hard again and waited patiently. Wulf seemed to turn white, his normally tanned skin mixing to a pale grey as his hands shook much like Sierra’s did before. His eyes trailed from the test back to her, he looked as if he was going to say something, but no sound came out, instead his face twisted into a happy smile, filled with an overpowering joy and the excitement that a new father should feel. Sierras heart lifted as she smiled back softly, but before she could say anything Wulf’s eyes rolled back, his body followed as there was a loud thud on the floor of the hotel. Sierra raised an eyebrow looking at her passed out fiance.

Sierra Williams: Well….shit….

{b]A few days late
r[/b]
Roswell, New Mexico

Wulf sat in the office chewing his gum nervously. His legs moving and twitching as he looked around the while walls, different medical tools sat there including a height chart, a weight index and chart. He sighed deep and his hands began to fidget and move, Sierra slowly looked to the side and raised an eyebrow. Wulf just seemed to get worse as the seconds ticked and dragged on, his hands reaching out to the desk to grab a pen as he looked at it and read the name on the side to himself. He put it back and made a small clicking noise with his tongue, Sierra just shook her head in disbelief as he got up and stared at the walls

He measured himself up against the height chart, then read the poster on smoking and lung capacity. He played with his dreads humming before Sierra finally snapped.

Sierra Williams: Wulf sit down!

He jumped and turned with his eyes wide, he shuffled over and sat down next to her as Sierra shook her head, her long black hair free and easy as it moved across her face and then down her shoulders. The door opened as the doctor stepped in the room holding a large flipboard and a file. He put it on his desk and fumbled with a pen in his pocket before sitting down across from them, his hands clasped together with a goofy smile on his face.

Doctor: Well, Mr Erikson, Miss Williams, I’m sure you’re eager for this..

He opens the file and pulls the first page up and back, Wulf stares straight a small line of sweat moving from his brow as Sierra swallows hard and sighs deeply.

Doctor: You are pregnant. 7 weeks as a matter of fact. Congratulations.

Sierra took a deep breath, the doctor confirming what she already knew. Wulf on the other hand didn’t take it quite so clean. He turned white again and held his stomach taking a hard deep breath popping to his feet. The doctor tilted his head looking confused, the light above shining off his bald head. Wulf walked over to the small sink in the corner washing his hands and splashing cold water on his face.

Doctor: I’ll..leave you two alone for a moment…

He got up and moved from the room, as the door shut Wulf shook his head.

Wulf Erikson: Wow, it’s really real Si.

Sierra Williams:Yeah…

Wulf sounded scared, his voice raised and peaked before his breath quickened. Sierra sat calm and collected. Her body language staying still and relaxed. Sierra laughed a little and shook her head.

Sierra Williams: I knew it was going to be confirmed. Those pregnancy tests have gotten pretty damn good….you going to be alright or do I need to call the doctor back?

He turned and gave her a sarcastic look before leaning against the wall with his arms folded. A small laugh escaping his lips as he studied her face, admiring her nature and ability to stay calm. “Seeing the little stick was one thing, it was a question, a possibility. Not a certainty.” He laughed and folded his arms over his chest as Sierra got to her feet picking up the piece of paper. She put it right up to his face with a grin.

Sierra Williams: That means it’s certain. In 7 months time, give or take a little, you’re going to be a father.

His shaking hands moved up, his fingers lightly taking the test results in his fingers as his eyes moved over the words, he smiled and gave her a small nod again.

Wulf Erikson: I get it Si, I do. I’m just….I’m going to take some time to get used to the idea...as you said..7 months, give or take.

She gave a small smile and a nod before taking his free hand in hers leading him out of the office and too the street with a sigh.

Present Day: We don’t play….

”That..was a war…”

Sierra Williams opens her eyes and shakes her head. Her long hair flowing down her shoulders as she takes in a deep breath steadying herself.

”I don’t like Evie Jordan. I think I have made that clear on social media as well as in promotional videos and each time I punched that bitch in the mouth during our matches. See she has had this ego about her that really got under my skin. She had this arrogance and this air of superiority. I hated Evie Jordan yesterday, I hate her today and guess what, I’ll hate her tomorrow. But even I have to admit that she is a tough bitch….”

“I put her in a sharpshooter and she lasted longer than most. In the end she may have tapped out but even then, as a competitor, I respect Evie Jordan…”

“But, Lachlan and I still beat Ben and Evie, we still retained our mixed tag team titles and it was also a war. And since Lachlan and I have been here we have dominated this division. The only setbacks we’ve had have been in a few mish mashed matches. Lachlan lost to Tony Thorn recently and I lost in a triple threat match. It was my only loss since I stepped foot in SCW five months ago.”

Sierra smirks and folds her arms over her hockey jersey with a scoff as her head tilts.

”But the work of a champion is never done and Lachlan and I are ready to defend OUR tag team titles against anyone. I don’t care if it’s a random made up team of two people who have nothing better to do, I don’t care if it’s Ben and Evie again. I don’t even care if Roxi Johnson walks her ass back into SCW and picks Ty West or Fenris as a partner. Lachlan and I are fighting champions. These titles hold a special place in my heart not just because Lachlan and I have won them together but also cause this is the first championship I have been able to win that isn’t just a regional thing. I had my shots in other companies for gold and I was always just a fingertip away. But SCW have given us a place to shine and for that I will be grateful…”

“And now here we are getting ever closer to Climax Control 229 where we face Gamer Inc. A group of four and we have no idea which members will be in the ring with us. I heard Beverly cut a promo so she is the female side but I have no idea who the male will be. Honestly, it doesn’t matter.”

“Not saying that Gamer Inc doesn’t matter as a whole, it just doesn’t matter who will be in the ring with us. See Lachy and I will be prepared for anyone and everything. Cause that’s what we do. We are a team in and out of the ring. We live together, we train together, we keep each other grounded. We are a team in every sense of the word, and the only way a team will dethrone us is by being a better team. Will that be Gamer Inc?. Who nows, I mean they probably have extensive experience and a great chemistry…”

“Or do they?”

Sierra pauses for a moment and smirks.

”Since Lachlan and I joined SCW there have been nine events held. Seven Climax Controls and two supercards. Now, in those nine shows I have appeared in 5 of those. I lost one match out of those five. ONE. Lach has been at seven of those shows and won at five of them and lost twice. Now, the matches we lost were triple threat matches. And we are undefeated UNDE-FEATED in tag team competition. But, that doesn’t mean we’re slouches when we aren’t teaming. I’m one and one in non tags. I lost a triple threat after being blindsided and Lachlan has beaten people like Kader Hasheem and Jake Raab...yeah a Jake Raab who is now a former world champion…”

“So our career in SCW have been pretty damn amazing. I mean we have beaten Mercedes Vargas who is a hall of famer, we beat a team who BEAT YOU CHUMPS. And we kept our tag belts. But what about Gamer Inc, surely they must have an amazing run right?. Surely the whole time Lachlan and I have been knocking over teams and putting on amazing performances these four had to have been showing the world just how amazing they are….”

“Those same nine events, Gamer Inc didn’t have matches at five of them. And the four matches they did have, you want to guess how many matches this number one contender incredible team and stable of “totally real wrestlers” won?...go ahead...google it I’ll wait…”

Sierra looks at her watch for a moment and then her nails before rechecking her watch after about 20 seconds.

“One, one match. Against Jerry Cann and Kandy Kaine, two people who got shipped back to Sin City Underground. Every single other match they have failed miserably. They lost to Ben and Evie, They lost to Amy and Jon, they lost to Alex and Austin and they weren’t even good enough to have a match at High Stakes 8. Now I only included Gamer Inc’s tag matches, not however many matches they may have had as singles wrestlers, I was nice and included mine and lachy’s singles forays to add a little balance...even though there is none…”

“Gamer Inc are a group who like to stay visible on shows and rarely perform and when they do they simply do not stand up and be accountable for their own careers and shortcomings. They do not hope to grow and accept losses they simply ignore them. I know I lost to Mercedes in a triple threat match, my one loss and I hope to overcome that and someday avenge it. But, if we’re talking Tag teaming, Gamer Inc are failures. One win against a team that isn’t even in SCW and a bunch of losses to better teams does not make them contenders. And the worst part is they have talent. They have talent back lack the drive, heart and understanding to be anything more than a group of chuckleheads who will keep getting beaten and cashing their checks...meanwhile Lachlan and I will keep being the greatest tag team in the world…”
>