Author Topic: Pent up frustration  (Read 471 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
Pent up frustration
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »
 “Attention Walmart Customers…”

An announcement about a lost child plays over the PA system. It goes in one ear and out the other of “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson who is leaning down on a shopping cart, slowly pushing it down an aisle containing toiletries such as soap, shampoo, and deodorant. Stan, the cameraman, is accompanying him on his shopping trip.

Wyatt: Ah’m glad tah see ya again, Stan. Ah had a good time when ya were documentin’ mah recovery. But what brings ya back around?

Wyatt grabs a stick of deodorant and pulls off the cap, sniffing in before replacing it back on the shelf.

Stan: Well, you’ve been back for almost two months now, they want to know how you think your return is going.

Wyatt grabs another stick of deodorant off of the shelf and smells it. This one he appears to like and he tosses it into the cart before continuing down the aisle.

Wyatt: Well, it’s been a helluva ride. In mah first night back, Tom turned on me. Since then, he’s beenin’ everythin’ tah get into mah head. He’s been doin’ a perdy good job at it too. Last week, he was able tah cost me a match last week against Kain. Of course, that wasn’t all because of him.

Stan: What do you mean?

Wyatt: Well, last week ah found out that mah Paw’s still alive.

Stan: What? I thought you said that he died a few years ago?

Wyatt: Yeah, well…

Wyatt turns away and shrugs, not wanting to talk about it anymore. Wyatt turns the corner into another aisle. Wyatt doesn’t pay much attention to the other shoppers in the aisle as he starts looking at toothpastes.

Stan: You don’t look like you do very much shopping.

Wyatt: Well…

SLAP!

Wyatt’s attention snaps towards the other customers in the aisle. They appear to be a couple. The man is wearing some cut off jean shorts and a white wife-beater shirt. He is standing over the woman, who is sitting on the floor wearing some torn jeans and a ratty looking t-shirt. Her hand is holding her face as tears are rolling across her fingers. Something in Wyatt snaps as he abandons his shopping cart in the middle of the aisle and makes a beeline towards them. Before anyone is able to react, Wyatt’s enormous hands grab the man by his shirt and throw him to the ground. Wyatt doesn’t stop as he grabs the man’s shirt and rips it off of him. After tossing the shredded shirt away, Wyatt gets right in the man’s face and starts yelling.

Wyatt: Ya think hittin’ a woman makes ya a man? Why don’t ya start hittin’ people yer own size? Come on big man! Hit me!

Wyatt grabs the man by the arm, nearly pulling his shoulder out of socket as he pulls him to his feet.

Wyatt: HIT ME!

The man balls his fist as he stares up at the much larger Wyatt with a mixture of fear and anger in his eyes.

Wyatt: What’re ya waitin’ fer?

The man finally builds up the courage to swing at Wyatt. Wyatt catches the man’s fist in his hand and holds onto it, squeezing it with all of his might. The woman, still holding her face, is crying, begging Wyatt to leave him alone. Wyatt looks at the woman and his anger dissipates a bit before realizing that she’s trying to protect the man.

Wyatt: Why do ya defend him? He just hit ya?

The woman, still crying, sniffles before answering.

Woman: It was my fault. I deserved it. I shouldn’t have made him mad. Please don’t hurt him.

At this point, three members of Walmart’s security team rush into the aisle. Wyatt looks at the security and then back at the man who is whimpering in pain from Wyatt crushing his hand. The security team cautiously approach the angry Texan, not sure it he will turn on them. Wyatt leans down until his mouth is next to the man’s ear and starts talking through clenched teeth.

Wyatt: If ah EVER see ya again, ah’m not gonna take it easy on ya. Now ya go an’ treat yer lady right, or else.

Wyatt forcefully pushes the man’s hand away and backs away from him with his hands in the air. The security team, seeing that the danger is over, starts acting tough and steps between Wyatt and the other man. One man appears to be the leader, telling Wyatt to leave.

Lead Security Guy: That’s enough. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.

Wyatt: Ya want me tah leave? Fer what? Defendin’ a helpless woman?

Lead Security Guy: Sir, you cannot attack other shoppers. Leave the store now, or we will need to retain you.

Wyatt: Ya gotta be kiddin’ me!

The security guards take a step towards Wyatt. Wyatt puts his hands up in the air and takes a step back.

Wyatt: Alright! Alright! Ah’m outta here.

Wyatt turns and walks out of the aisle, leaving his cart. Stan follows behind trying to keep up.

Stan: What happened back there?

Wyatt stops in his tracks and turns to face Stan. He is clearly still agitated as he runs his fingers through his hair.

Wyatt: Look, ah’ve had a lot goin’ on lately. Between Tom and mah Paw…

Wyatt shakes his head.

Wyatt: Ah’ve been perdy angry lately. Been snappin’ at the smallest things. Not that that was a small thing. When a so-called man hits a woman, ah become another animal. Ah’m surprised I didn’t kill the sonuvabitch.

Wyatt looks past Stan and notices the security guys starting towards them again.

Wyatt: Let’s get outta here.

Wyatt starts walking towards the exit again with Stan in tow.

Wyatt: Ah jus’ really don’t git why women defend assh*les like that. No woman deserves to git treated that way.

Stan: I don’t know, man. The world is a messed up place.

Wyatt and Stan walk out of the doors into the afternoon heat as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens inside of Wyatt’s apartment in Las Vegas, Nevada. Wyatt is sitting on his couch with his laptop computer open on his coffee table. He appears to be creating a video to post on YouTube. He straightens his Stetson on his head and pushes the button to start recording his video.

Wyatt: Hey y’all out there in YouTube world. Ah’m Wyatt Peterson. Ya may know me better as Big Country as they call me in Sin City ‘rasslin. Ah decided tah try this video diary thing because ah’ve got a lot of things on mah mind that ah wanna git out. Ah’m not sure if ah’m gonna do this all the time, but ah wanted to see how it goes. Ya see, ah found out last week that mah Paw, who ah’d thought was dead fer the last few years, was actually alive. It turns out that mah Maw had been lyin’ tah me because she didn’t want me tah know that he’d actually left her.

Wyatt hesitates for a moment before continuing.

Wyatt: Ah dunno if ah shoulda said that. It ain’t anyone’s business that he left her.

Wyatt shakes his head.

Wyatt: Whatever. Ah ain’t gonna do this again. Ah jus’ feel so betrayed. Ah never thought that mah Maw would lie tah me, and something as big as a dyin’ parent, that’s just unbelievable.  Ah would NEVER lie tah mah family. No matter how much ya think it’ll hurt ‘em, you’ve gotta be able tah talk tah them about anythin’. Now, ah’m met with a bit of a dilemma though. My Paw wants tah see me. Ah’m not really sure ah wanna see him though. Ah’ve got a lot of aggression built up inside of me because of all this stuff. Then, at work, ah’ve got Tom Dudely on mah ass. Fer those of ya who don’t know who Tom Dudely is, you’re probably not a ‘rasslin fan. He’s a legend in the business. He’s just been a bit of an assh*le lately. Ah git tah finish up with him at the next SCW Supercard though. Ah can’t wait tah get out all oh mah aggression on him. Ah’m gonna give him the beatin’ that he has coming.

Wyatt stands up and straightens his shirt before sitting back down.

Wyatt: Sorry ‘bout that. Mah ass was startin’ tah fall asleep. Where was I? Oh yeah, Tom. Ah’ve still got a little over three weeks ‘til ah get mah hands on Tom, but this week, he was kind enough tah give me a match against the guy who injured me a few months back, Casey Williams. I know Tom’s probably expectin’ him tah put me back out he don’t gotta face me, but that ain’t gonna happen. Ah plan on taking a good chunk of mah recent frustrations out on Casey.

Wyatt thinks to himself before continuing.

Wyatt: Casey’s been talkin’ about bein’ the longest reigning SCW Roulette Champion. Now, ah’ll admit, just bein’ a champion in SCW is a perdy impressive feat with the talent that are there. The problem ah have with Casey braggin’ ‘bout bein’ the longest reigning is the fact that he’s also defended it less than anyone else. Ah’d like tah see him actually put the title on the line against a real challenger like me and walk out as the champ. Sure, he’s had some success against me, but that was all in tag team matches where he had someone tah carry him. In mah opinion, Casey ain’t nothin’ but a big, dumb gorilla who happens tah get lucky once in a while. I hope that Aleksei Koji takes the strap from him. If he don’t, then ah wanna start an online petition tah get me a Roulette Title match just tah get the strap off of someone who don’t deserve it. This week, ah’ll prove that ah should be Roulette Champion. Tonight is just another step in mah career tah greatness. Ah’ll beat Casey, then ah’ll beat Tom, then ah’ll take the rest of SCW by storm.

Wyatt appears to have forgotten that he was making a video as he was in his “promo mode”. He snaps out of it and focuses back on the video.

Wyatt: Make sure that ya hit the little thumbs up button down in the corner and subscribe tah mah channel. Ah’ll try tah update at least once a week. Oh, and make sure tah let the SCW higher ups know that ya want “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson tah be yer Roulette Champion. Thank ya. Cya soon.

Wyatt leans forward and clicks to stop the video. He closes his laptop and leaves it on the coffee table. Wyatt gets up from the couch and walks over the his window, staring out over his apartment complex.

Wyatt: Casey, yer in over yer head. Ya won’t even know what hits ya.

The scene fade.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)