Author Topic: New friends?  (Read 287 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
New friends?
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:01:46 PM »
 June 7, 2018
Greenway Stables
Amarillo, Texas

“Ah’m not real sure this is such a good idea.”

The thick southern accent of “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson is heard as the scene opens on Wyatt and his mentor, and best friend, Tom Dudely. The two men are walking through a large stable where there are dozens of horses in their pens.

“Look, whenever life slaps you in the face, you need to get back on the horse. In this case literally,” Tom replies to the big man.

“But, we jus’ barely buried Butternuts,” said Wyatt, “Ah don’ think ah’m ready tah get a new horse tah replace ‘im.”

Tom shakes his head. “We aren’t getting a replacement. I know that nobody could ever replace Butternuts. I just think that you could really use a friend right now and a cowboy’s best friend will always be his horse.”

Wyatt gives a little half-nod. “Ah guess…”

Tom slaps the big man on his shoulder. “Let’s just take a look around. Maybe one of these horses will shine through for you.”

The two men slowly stroll through the stables. They go from stall to stall as they check out the horses.

“So, what are your plans as far as SCW is concerned?” Tom inquired.

Wyatt shrugs. “Honestly, ah ain’t really gave it much thought. Ah guess ah should see where this pardnership with Miss Amy is gonna go. There’s a lotta potential there, ah think. We might even get our hands on them Mixed Tag Titles.”

“If anyone can beat London Underground, it’ll be you and Amy. The Country Punkin’s are definitely one of the shining stars of the new mixed tag division. If Amy can get Jessie Salco off of her ass, you guys can finally focus on the goal of becoming the champs,” Tom says.

Wyatt and Tom stop in front of a stall where a young brown and white stallion is stretching his neck towards them. Wyatt reaches out a hand towards the colt who turns his head to nuzzle the big man’s hand with his nose. Wyatt brings his other hand towards to horse and holds his head in his hands.

“Well ain’t you a handsome boy,” Wyatt says to the colt.

Wyatt drops his forehead down onto the top of the young horse’s nose and closes his eyes.

“Ah remember when Butternuts was jus’ a young colt. He used tah love it when ah would scratch him along his jawline.” Wyatt moves his hand to the bottom of the horse’s head and runs his fingers down his jawline. The horse lets out a low sound reminiscent of a purring cat. “Ah ain’t ever heard a sound like that come from a horse before. Yer a special fella, ain’t ya?”

Wyatt stares into the horse’s eyes. After a several silent moments, a tear starts falling down Wyatt’s cheek and he turns away from the colt.

“Are you okay?” Tom asks.

Wyatt shakes his head. “It’s jus’ too soon. Ah can’t do this right now.”

Wyatt quickly walks back the direction they came from. Tom watches as he disappears out of the stable doors. Once he’s gone, Tom turns towards the colt, placing a hand on his nose. “He’s just going through some things. Don’t take it personally. I’m sure he will be back.”

Tom walks in the direction Wyatt disappeared as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

July 1st, 2018
Blue Bayou/Dixie Landin’
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

“Scott, ya got a minute fer an interview?”

The scene opens outside of the locker room at the venue for tonight’s SCW Climax Control. Wyatt Peterson flags down SCW’s resident pothead, “Stoner” Scott Oliver.

“I think I could squeeze in a couple of minutes for you.” Out of seemingly nowhere, the Stoner grabs a cameraman and a microphone. He looks into the camera. “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m joined now by one hand of the team that will be challenging London Underground for the Mixed Tag Team titles. I give you, “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson.

“Thanks, Scott,” Wyatt says, “This won’ take too long. Ah jus’ wanna git this out there. Ah’ve had a lot go on in the last few months. Ah returned tah Sin City Wrasslin’. Ah formed a tag team, The Country Punkin’s, with Miss Amy. An’ ah lost mah best friend, Butternuts. Ah’ve been goin’ through a lot an’ ah made a decision a couple o’ days ago. If me and Miss Amy don’t beat London Underground tonight ah will be takin’ mah leave from SCW.”

The Stoner looks shocked by the news. “Did you just say that if you don’t win the titles tonight, you’re going to quit Sin City Wrestling?”

Wyatt nods. “Yup. Mah head is bein’ split in a buncha directions an’ ah’ve gotta focus on one thing at a time. If we can’t beat London Underground, then ah’m gonna hafta focus on somethin’ else fer a while. Ah ain’t sayin’ that ah won’t be back, but ah’m definitely gonna step away few a while.”

The Stoner looks dumbfounded. He is speechless for a moment before Wyatt slaps him on the shoulder.

“See ya, bud.” Wyatt walks away as the scene fades.

user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)