Author Topic: Reflecting  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Tom Dudely

• View Profile
    • Wyatt Peterson
Reflecting
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
 When the goin’ gets tough, the tough gets goin’.

The scene opens with a close up of Wyatt Peterson’s face.

That’s what mah Paw used tah say. Still not sure if he meant that the tough runs away or if they kick goin’s ass.

The camera zooms out to show Wyatt walking in the middle of nowhere, thinking to himself. There are no visible buildings anywhere. He’s wearing some blue jeans and a flannel button down shirt. His Stetson hat is tilted on his head in just a way to keep the sun out of his eyes. He has a duffle bag tossed over his shoulder.  

All ah know is that thin’s have been moving perdy fast fer me. In the last month, ah’ve worked with some of the all time greats of the wrasslin’ business. It’s been a dream come true. Ah’ve worked with Christian Underwood, “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward, Spike Staggs, and a bunch of other great guys and gals. Tom Dudely’s been the greatest though. He’s taken me to heights that ah’ve never thought I’d reach. Everyone told me that ah’d never make it in wrasslin’. They said that ah should just stay on the farm to help the family.

Wyatt shakes his head.

Ah couldn’t do that. Ah had to do something that ah’ve always wanted to do. Ah had tah chase mah dreams.

Wyatt stops walking. He takes off his hat and wipes his sleeve across his forehead. He replaces his hat and continues walking.

Thin’s have just gotten tough. Well… not so much tough as just too fast. Ah got used to livin’ a slower life on the farm. It wasn’t hurry, hurry, hurry. It was more, don’t mess up. ‘Course… mah Paw used a different word, but Tom’s got me tryin’ tah clean up my language so ah gotta stop even thinkin’ them.

Wyatt pauses to take in the scenery.

Ah’ve got a big match next week. Hell! Ah’ve got two big matches next week. Ah’m in my first Supercard match at High Stakes against that sorry S.O.B Kid Karma. Tom says that he’s a nobody, but ah’m sure a lot of people say that about me too. Then, after that, ah’ve got a gauntlet match for the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Man, ah’d love tah with that title. It’d mean a lot to be the first Champion in SCW history.

Wyatt shakes his head.

That’s a lot to take in. Ah dunno if ah’m ready for that yet. Ah need some time to get mah head straight before High Stakes. Ah need to go somewhere where ah can get some peace ‘n’ quiet. Ah need tah go…

The camera stops moving with Wyatt. Wyatt walks past it and the camera follows. He stops in front of the camera and the silhouette of a large house is seen in front of him.

… home…

Wyatt continues to walk to the house as the scene fades.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:43:13 PM by Tom Dudely »
user posted image