Author Topic: ▪ DON’T COUNT ON IT ▪  (Read 381 times)

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
▪ DON’T COUNT ON IT ▪
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »
 ▪ A BRAND NEW ERA ▪
›› prologue ‹‹

Summer XXXTreme II was officially in the books. On that night history was made in the main event. During the Six Pack Challenge, a brand new SCW Heavyweight Champion was crowned. That champion happened to be none other than Kevin Carter. The man known as the Main Attraction had been on a mission to win the championship since the day he walked into the company. Then finally it happened and it was the greatest feeling in the world.

At least to him it was the greatest feeling in the world. Because he had achieved what he set out to achieve not so long ago. However, the moment that the referee’s hand came down for a three count. The entire crowd erupted with boos and suddenly hated Carter for doing what he set out to do and suddenly turned on him - because weeks leading up to the match everyone supported him. They wanted to see him become champ. Now that it happened their opinions went the same.

What’s with the change? Why all the sudden hate on the man? Those are questions running through Kevin’s head for sure. At the same time though, it’s not something he could dwell on. Because this coming week on Climax Control, Kevin would find himself defending the SCW Heavyweight Championship in his first match as champion. He’d be going one on one with Goth. Many wonder what exactly Goth had done to earn a title shot. Many wonder why Kevin was defending the title right off the bat.

Thing was with Kevin though, it didn’t make a difference if he was defending it right off that bat or not. It didn’t make a difference whom he was facing or defending the title against in this case. He had intentions of being a fighting champion. No matter the opponent or the situation. Never the less, Kev was going to find himself pushed to his limits. Would Goth be able to knock Kevin off the throne so soon? Or would Kevin prove that he deserves to be the Heavyweight Champion of SCW? And would Nick Jones have anything to do with the match considering the announcement that was made?

All of those questions and more would have their answers this coming week on Climax Control. No matter how it was sliced and diced though, Sin City Wrestling is living in a brand New Era.

▪ DREAMS COME TRUE ▪
›› scene one ‹‹

Here I was sitting in the middle of the ring with the SCW Heavyweight Championship in my hands. I looked at it as I could almost feel the tears of joy starting to fill my eye sockets. I pushed myself to my feet and I grabbed the title lifting it into the air with two hands. Instantly I heard something that I wasn’t expecting. I heard a sea of loud boos coming from the audience. I stood there looking out at them all a little confused.

I looked around the ring at the five other men that I had just beaten and every single one of them were glaring at me. It didn’t surprise me any at all that they weren’t too pleased with the fact that I manage to obtain the victory. But for the fans to turn on me all of the sudden and in the manner that they did. It didn’t make any sense to me. Because weeks leading up to this very moment they were all supporting me.

I brought the title down and placed it over my shoulder as I looked out at the crowd one last time. The boos didn’t get any better. None of them had shifted to cheers. I shook my head a little bit as this was something that I couldn’t believe and clearly something that I didn’t expect. With that being said I shook my head a little as I walked over to the side of the ropes and rolled on out of the ring.

No sooner than I got out of the ring I noticed Pussy Willow running up to me. The last thing I wanted to do right now was give an interview. Not with the way these people have shit all over my moment. But I knew that she wasn’t going to take no for an answer, she never did. Standing there at ring side I prepared myself for the questions that were going to follow.

▪ PUSSY WILLOW: Kevin! You have managed to make history tonight. You are the brand new SCW Heavyweight Champion. How are you feeling right now?

▪ KEVIN CARTER: How am I feeling right now? Well, this should be one of the defining moments of my career here in Sin City Wrestling. I should be ecstatic. I should be loving every moment of making my dream and my goal a reality. This is a moment I’m meant to be sharing with these people but instead I’m feeling the exact opposite of what I am supposed to feel.

▪ PUSSY WILLOW: How could you feel like the exact opposite? This is your moment. You are meant to be enjoying it. You are meant to be celebrating it.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I should but how could someone celebrate a moment like this. How can anyone enjoy a moment like this. How can I truly feel like this is my moment when every single one of these people in the crowd tonight are robbing me of that moment.

I couldn’t help, but shake my head a little bit. I could hear the crowd boo even louder. It didn’t appear to me as if they were too fond of my words or anything I had to say. Not that it actually mattered to me or anything. I was starting to come around. I was starting to see how things were going to be.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Their boos are disrespectful. They are robbing me of this moment and for what? Because I’m not the champion they wanted? Because I’m not the guy that they wanted to walk out with the title? Yet for weeks leading up to this very moment. All of these people were on my side. They cheered me. They wanted me to become champion. Now that the moment is here they’ve done a complete one eighty. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

▪ PUSSY WILLOW: Well the crowd is a little rough tonight. I’ll admit that, but a veteran like yourself should know that you can’t please everyone. Sometimes you’re hated and sometimes you’re loved. Just depends on the situation and where you’re at. But you really shouldn’t let them ruin this moment for you.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I do realize that I can’t please everyone, and that’s not my goal. However I’d be lying if I told you that I didn’t change some of my ways because of these people. They seemingly helped me see the light or that’s how I felt and that’s how it seemed but this right here tells me something completely different. This tells me that maybe I shouldn’t have been the saving grace they wanted. This tells me that maybe I shouldn’t have changed my outlook.

▪ PUSSY WILLOW: I guess in a way I could see why you feel that way. But with that being said Kevin, what’s the outcome going to be? Where do you go from here? What happens if these people don’t learn to grow to accept you as their SCW Heavyweight Champion in the end?

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Well, we all learn lessons Ms. Willows. It’s a big part of this business. It’s an even bigger part of life. If this is how things are going to be. Then so be it, but one thing is for sure. I busted my ass to win this. I out bested five of the best that SCW has to offer and I’m the one that walked with the SCW Heavyweight Championship. I’ll be damned if anyone ruins this moment more than it has been and I’ll be damned if anyone tries to imply I didn’t earn this... But with all due respect I’m over this interview. I’ve got the biggest moment of my career to celebrate.

With the booing still being there. I had nothing else left to say as I simply walked right on past Pussy Willow as I held the championship above my head. All the way up the ramp I held it up high despite the boos I was getting. I knew what I had to do now. I knew I couldn’t be all about pleasing them. I knew that I was going to have to change my outlook a little bit because clearly giving them what they wanted wasn’t enough. Never the less, I was going to enjoy this moment as much as I could now. After all this is the one thing I worked the hardest for since I walked through the doors of Sin City Wrestling.

▪ DON’T COUNT ON IT ▪
›› scene two ‹‹

In less than twenty four hours I found myself competing on Climax Control. It’d be my first show since becoming the SCW Heavyweight Champion. I honestly couldn’t be more excited for it. Not just because it was my first night as champion but also because as my first night as champion I’d be defending the championship.

It was rare that a champion defended the championship on a weekly show. It also almost never happened that the champion had to defend the championship their first match as champion. It set off a few red flags in my head that people didn’t want me as a champion, but it was what it was. I was prepared to defend it and I was going to do it with pride.

On that note I happen to have an official camera crew on hand. I waited for them to get themselves in position and the moment that I got the green light. I knew it was time for me to start speaking my mind. Something that I had never backed away from regardless of the outcome that could come with it.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Nearly two weeks ago I won this bad boy right here. When most of my fellow roster mates thought I couldn’t do it. When a lot of people said my glory days were behind me. When the hardcore following of Sin City Wrestling said I would never be that guy. I’d never have my name associated with this title and when I was told that I’d never make an impression on the history books. I managed to end up to shut all the non-believers down. I silenced the haters and I did what I’ve been doing best for years.

I paused for the moment as I wanted the words to sink in a little. It was words like that, that an effect when it sank in that couldn’t be explained. I knew what I was gunning for. I knew what I was aiming for. I knew what I was trying to get people to see and what I was trying to get them to believe. Somehow someway, I was going to make sure it happened even if it took everything I had at this very moment.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: But the shocking part is when I was booed by all those people that supported leading up to the title win. As one could imagine, you could understand my confusion. It didn’t make any sense and I had no idea why it turned out that way. But I have had quite a few days to think about it. I’ve had quite a few days to calm down. A few days to take everything into consideration. I think the reasoning for the hatred at Summer XXXTreme II was the fact the crowd was behind Simon a little more than they would behind me and when he didn't walk out champion. It caused an issue for them. Eh, it happens to be honest. It’s no real skin off my nose.

That’s when I shrugged my shoulders a little bit. It didn’t matter to me what people wanted. What people had to say. Nothing like that at all. I did what I needed to do and what I set out to do I became champion. If people didn’t support me that was on them. Least I did what I wanted to do to succeed.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: But that’s not what today is about. That’s not what I’m here for. Instead today is about my first night as SCW Heavyweight Champion. From what I know this coming Climax Control. I’ll be involved in the main event of the evening - which to be fair is where I should be with the position I’m in at that the moment. My opponent is going to be none other than Goth. But here’s where things get a little weird and this is where I don’t exactly understand is why the SCW Heavyweight Championship is going to be on the line.

Goth didn’t deserve the title shot as far as I was concerned. It made no sense at all that he was the one in line getting a title shot. He was the last one that I would have considered in contention for it, but obviously I wasn’t the one that was running the show. I wasn’t the one calling the shots and I had no problem dealing with it as it was.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Before you people start getting the wrong idea and start talking mess about something. Allow me to point out, I have no problem defending my championship. I’ll defend it every single night if that’s what it takes. But the problem is I don’t understand why Goth of all people is the one getting the title shot. I’d have no problem defending the title against Simon, Gabriel, Nick, Jordan, or even that bitch made, Drake Green. All of them were in the running for the title to begin with. It’d only make sense that one of those guys are a potential contender... but clearly at this point it’s Goth.

Again I shrugged my shoulders without a care in the world. I didn’t care at all about Goth. I didn’t care about him as a person, a wrestler, or anything. I knew that he wasn’t a threat to me. I knew he was below me.It was just a matter of exposing him as such.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: It is what it is and honestly, I’m not going to make a big deal out of it. There’s no reason to make a big deal out of it. See because as arrogant as this is going to sound. I am assuming this is going to be one of the easiest if not the easiest title defense I’m ever going to have during my run as the SCW Heavyweight Champion. Sure, that might get under Goth’s skin a little bit. I expect it too, but the question is what is Goth going to do about it? What can he do about it? At this stage, I don’t see him doing a damn thing.

I simply shook my head from one side to the other. Sure, I was likely counting him out. I was likely selling him short but honestly the guy had never done anything to make me take him seriously and I wasn’t going to start now for no reason at all.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Don’t worry Goth, I get it. You think that you’re such a badass. Because you can put on all that white face paint. You think you’re such a badass because you can put your mother’s black massacra on. You think that you’re such a badass because you can get all cryptic and dark. You think you’re a badass because you can cut these evil little promos and what not. But the truth is Goth, I see right through all that bullshit. You can fool everyone else. You can scare everyone else, but you will never fool me. You will never scare me. I’ve been doing this for far too long. And the last thing I’m ever going to do is be fooled and be scared of some faggot with his mother’s makeup on and seems to think he’s the second reincarnation of Mark Calaway or the fucking Crow.

Here I was starting to take some real pot shots. I knew exactly what I was doing. I was aiming to get under his skin. I was aiming to piss him off. I was aiming to get inside his head. If he was like anything I expected or that I thought then I knew it wasn’t going to take much at all to do just that. Therefore making things easier for me at the end of the night.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I can tell you just about every little thing you’re going to say about me. I could tell you just about every little thing that you intend to attempt to use against me. I can tell you how deep and dark I can see you attempting to get but if I did that then this promo would be about as boring as one of yours. Not to mention that’s something that would take all night and quite frankly Goth, I don’t have all night. At least I don’t have all night to be wasting on someone that’s not worth a damn. Someone that’s not worth a damn and someone that’s not even worthy of cleaning my gear after I’m wrestled a forty five minute match and the sweat as just drenched into the crotch of my tights.

I could hear the crowd now going “OOOOH” as loud as they could had this been a situation where I was cutting a promo in front of the world, but I wasn’t. Never the less it was another pot shot. It was another situation where I was burying Goth. I was putting him right where he belonged and that just happened to be below me.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Besides as you should know words don’t mean anything. It’s all about the wrestling aspect of things. It’s all about what goes down in that ring and to be honest Goth, you don’t have the skills in that ring that you think you do and that you are trying to get everyone to believe that you do... but I’ll come back to that. Because before you became this former shell of yourself. You actually managed to have some success around here. Starting with the date August 26th, 2012... That’s a date that should really pop out in that mind of yours Goth. Because it was the first time you became the SCW Roulette Champion. You defeated Aleksei Koji in Bangkok, Thailand.

Surely, I’d shock Goth with the history lesson. I knew a lot about Goth. A Lot more than he might thought I did but I wasn’t stupid and I sure as hell wasn’t the SCW Heavyweight Champion for no reason at all. I did my research for a reason because I wanted to make sure I was a hundred percent ready for anything that could and would be thrown at me.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I could only imagine that was when you felt like you were on top of the world. I could only imagine that’s when you felt like you could do anything and go anywhere. Of course that feeling was short lived wasn’t it? Because nearly two months later, you lost that championship to Argento on October 7th, 2012. I bet that was such a crushing blow.I bet it was enough to make that entire world of yours come crashing down around you. Of course there was a little part of you that told you that you could bounce back from that. There was a little part of you that told you it wasn’t over and that you could reclaim glory, more specifically you could reclaim the SCW Roulette Championship.

It was impressive that Goth had been champion twice. Especially that championship because I never saw him as anything special. He never struck me as the champion kind. But somehow he managed to pull the shit off, but the one thing he wouldn’t pull off is being champion this time around. Not for my title anyway. I was going to make damn sure of it. No one was going to ruin my time as champion. At least not this soon.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: And sure enough that’s what happened. A few weeks later on October 21st,2012. You did it. You took the championship right back from Argento. Proving to the world that his reign was nothing more than a fluke. Proving to the world that you shouldn’t have lost the championship in the first place. Proving to the world that you were on your way up... or at least that’s how it seemed and that’s what you thought. It wasn’t long until you lost the triple threat last man standing match to James Huntington-Hawks the III. Right there that shattered everything for you. It made you look weak. It made you look pathetic. It also opened up your eyes to a lot of things because it was then that you removed yourself from the SCW Roulette division like the coward and the pussy you are.

Goth just irked me and rubbed me the wrong way. I know he shouldn’t but there just something about the guy. It made me really want to beat the hell out of him. I was going to have that chance but, for now I was going to have a lot of fun in embarrassing the hell out Goth in any way that I possible could. This at the moment was coming quite easy for me.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: From November 11th, 2012 till April 28th, 2013 - you did nothing worth mentioning. For six months you were irrelevant. For six months you just rolled around the company winning or losing but it never meaning anything. Then somehow someway you managed to weasel your way into the Tag Team Title picture with that dude Brother Grimm. How you did it, I don't know nor do I care. Only reason I remember this is because it was during the time of my run... Never the less on April 28th, you along with Grimm managed to end the Tag Team Title reign of myself and Ace Baldwin. And maybe that’s where you get the illusion that you’re better than me or that you could compete on my level.

It was quite laughable a few months ago when Goth thought he was on my level. It was laughable that he thought he had a chance against me. It was laughable that he thought he could beat me. It all blew up in his face in the end regardless of the outcome of that match back then. Much like it’s going to blow up in his face soon enough. Only difference is this time it’s going to be on a much larger scale.

KEVIN CARTER: That’d make sense if you actually pinned me, but the truth is you didn’t. You didn’t pin anyone. You let your partner do all the work and honestly I wasn’t involved and neither was the faggot that is Ace involved with the finish of the match. As much as he is a shitty tag team wrestler. A shtty wrestler and even a shittier human being. On that night he didn’t drop the ball.You and Grimm won the titles by defeating the third team in the match.That doesn’t mean shit because you weren’t good enough to beat the actual tag team champions. Never the less per usual like all of your reigns. They don’t last long and they are easily forgettable. Two months later, you lost the titles and you haven’t done a damn thing since then.

The more and more I went over history. The more and more I pointed out how much of a failure Goth was. The more and more I pointed out that he’s pretty much weak. The more it confused me and the more it frustrated me that he was getting a shot at the title. My title, the one that I worked my ass off for to obtain in the first goddamn place. Oh well, it was going to straighten itself out before too long.

KEVIN CARTER: Hell, even look at your last couple of matches. They have been complete and utter shit. You look like you’re as green as goose shit out there. You’ve lost the last few matches quite quickly might I add. To be fair Goth, I think it’s pretty obvious what’s going on with you. It is the biggest slap in the face with reality that one can give. You don’t have what it takes to be at the top. You don’t have what it takes to be a wrestler anymore. Honestly, you should just walk away and hide in the closet you came out of. Maybe slit your wrists horizontally, but never the less this business isn’t cut out for you. It never has been and now that it’s showing more than ever. It’s time to just save yourself the embarrassment. Just walk away while you still can physically walk away.

It shouldn’t be too hard at all to add too and two together. It shouldn’t be hard to make the connection that I was alluding to taking him out. I would break his kneecaps if that’s what it came down too. I was giving him the chance to walk away. He had the chance that most people wouldn’t give him but the sad part was he wouldn’t be smart enough to take it.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: Of course, I know you won’t take my word for it. You’ll continue to do whatever you want and that’s fine. It’s your choice. I don’t really give a damn way or the other. Because it doesn’t affect me in any way shape or form. See unlike you Goth, I don’t suffer the issues you suffer from. I have actually proven my worth around this company. I have proven I’m not a joke. I have proven I’m not a loser. I have proven without a shadow of a doubt I am the future of this company. I have even proven that I am the Main Attraction of this company.

I paused once again. That was a statement that most people would be able to agree with. Even if I had lost some fans along the way and even if some people were irritated with me or whatever the case might be. It was still something people could agree with. They knew who I was, what I was about, and how business got done. I was everything that this company needed and it wasn’t that hard to tell that. Not even in the slightest.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I am the one that puts asses in those seats. I am the one that have people buying tickets. I am the one that’s got people coming to the shows to see just me. I got them buying my merchandise and so on and so forth. I am everything that SCW needs, wants, and then some. Do you honestly believe that you are on that level Goth? Do you honestly believe that these people give a flying fuck about you? Because if you think that’s the case and if you honestly thing you’re a bigger star than me, a bigger main attraction than me then you need to have your head looked at. Because not even in your wildest dreams will you ever be anything that I am!

I had looked right into the cameras upon making that announcement. It was the body punch that was going to drop Goth to his knees in a verbal sense. Now I was about to hit the final blow that would not only knock his teeth out but would make his brain explode beyond belief. Believe me I had that power.

▪ KEVIN CARTER: I am just going to leave you with these final words Goth. If you think for one second you’re better than me. If you think for one second you’re going to beat me. If you think that you’ve got the tools to out-best me and if you think that you’re about to be the new SCW Heavyweight Champion then to you I say this... DON’T COUNT ON IT! This is my time and I’ll be damned if I have my time ruined. From the night I won the title until the day I leave SCW. I will be in possession of the SCW Heavyweight Championship. There’s not a damn thing anyone can do to change it... See you all real, real soon.

With a smug smirk featured I turned my back to the cameras and started to walk away. I know once this promo aired that there were going to be a lot of people upset with me. A lot of people disappointed with me and a lot of people most likely pissed off at me all because I spoke my mind and all because my attitude had changed a little bit.

But in really it hadn’t changed I was just being a little more blunt than usual and why shouldn’t I be? After all the people were blunt with me when it came to my title win. Oh well, in the end I am going to do whatever it takes to leave with the championship. It was going to take a lot out of me. It as going to take me to dig down deep. Maybe digging deeper than I have before.  It was going to take me completely and utterly rocking Goth’s world but it would happen. Just watch and learn folks, watch and learn.