Author Topic: Road trip, a Britney CD & a horse called Lightning  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Road trip, a Britney CD & a horse called Lightning
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
 Tuesday 6th December

Ring-ring ring-ring

A telephone echoes around a darkened room, the first signs of day light creeping in to a room, via a slight crack in a curtain. A yawn is heard as the clunk of a hand reaching for a telephone is heard in the darkness.

"Hello?" Gabriel's voice is heard croaking in the darkness.

"This is your five am wake up call sir" A tinny, echoing voice is heard saying down the phone.

"Thanks" Gabriel says

Gabriel hangs up the phone and sit up in bed.

"Fuck..." Gabriel starts "This is gonna be one hell of a long day"

Gabriel lets out a huge yawn and sits up, his thoughts running through his mind.

Ok, plan today. Meet Shane, go to Synn's place, get moving to Canada to start working on Supernatural. Meh, maybe in a few hours

Gabriel lays back down to sleep but his cell phone starts to hum the tune of "Highway To Hell" by ACDC. Gabriel springs up and grabs it from the side, knocking a watch from the counter next to him.

"Hello?" Gabriel says answering the phone quickly.

"Get your lazy arse out of bed" Shane Boswell's English toned voice is head saying down the phone

"What the hell are you doing up?" Gabriel enquires "We're not meeting for at least two hours"

"Long story" Shane replies "And late party. My cousin was in town, we had a few, not like the old days, but we had a few, I just woke up in the desert holding a blow up horse. I have no idea where it came from, but I know this sand is no good for my perfect skin"

Gabriel shakes his head, not sure he can believe what he's heard

"A blow up horse?" Gabriel says slowly

"Yes" Shane quickly replies "You know, four legs, walks around a field or races other horses, eats grass and says neeeeeeey"

"What the..." Gabriel says exhaling

"Look man.." Shane says "I don't know how it got there, I don't know how it got here, I haven't seen my cousin in a while, people say we're bad together but this is nothing like the old days, I once work up in a zoo in a gorilla cage, don't know how that happened either, just wake your arse up and I'll be with you soon"

Gabriel stiffles a laugh.

"You got it bud" Gabriel says flipping down the phone "A horse?"

6.20am...

A knock is heard on the door of Gabriel's Luxor suite. Gabriel, now fully dressed walks over to the door and opens it, Shane Boswell is seen standing there, his once clean and expensive shirt has been torn and covered with sand and other unusual looking stains. His pants are also covered in sand. Gabriel looks down and realises that Shane only has one shoe on. Under his arms, Shane is holding a blow up horse. Gabriel becons Shane through the door and Shane enters.

"So a wild night for you then" Gabriel says, stiffling a laugh.

"Pretty quiet one compared to other nights out with my cousin" Shane says with a light shrug "Here, hold lightning"

Shane throws the blow up horse towards Gabriel. Gabriel catches it and looks the horse in the eye.

"Lightning?" Gabriel asks

"Sure, why not, I think cousin Matt called him something else, but fucked if I can work out what that is" Shane replies

"And where is 'cousin Matt' hiding?" Gabriel asks

"Mate, I just woke up in a desert, holding Lightning there... Do you really think I know where cousin Matt is at this point of the day?" Shane asks with his arms out flat to his side

"I guess not" Gabriel replies "Right, you hit the shower, it's through that door there, find a robe that will fit ya and we'll talk. Need to talk JT, Goth and about this guy who likes hanging teddy bears"

Shane nods and walks through the door Gabriel pointed out. Gabriel strolls over and picks up the phone.

"Hello, room service?" Gabriel asks "It's Gabriel in the suite, can you send me up a couple of bloody mary's and a bucket load of coffee? Yeah, seriously, a bucketload"

Gabriel looks across the room at Lightning

"Better send up some sugar cubes too"

7.30am

Gabriel and Shane look across the kitchen table from each other. In front of Shane, sits two bloody Marys.

"Right, let's start with JT" Shane says.

"I think I know JT well enough in the ring to see he's no threat" Gabriel says with a smirk.

"That is sadly untrue" Shane replies, rubbing his head "As well as you know JT now, JT knows you. He wrestled you to a draw last week"

"Shane" Gabriel starts "If I woulda had those five more minutes, I would have beat him, we both know it"

Shane takes a sip of his bloody Mary, while Gabriel sips at coffee

"Yes" Shane replies "But JT is at breaking point now, really at breaking point. The man doesn't know where his own mind is at the moment. He's taken the shit now for a month. Lost to you and Kittie, couldn't beat you last week. Next week, he may get his head together, may get himself in the right mindset. The man has nothing to lose anymore, he knows if he loses against you next week, he has nothing, nothing at all to fall back on. If he loses to you, he loses his main event status and end up lost in the shuffle behind these immergence of superstars waiting to take his place"

Gabriel smiles

"I wouldn't go that far" Gabriel replies

"I would" Shane quickly replies "Look at the talent here. Spike Staggs has just signed up to be a full time active competitor here. I've known Spike for many years, not had too much to do with him in the ring, but we worked for the same companies for years, I know what this guy can do, he has Heavyweight title written all over him and he and the wrestling world know it. Nick Jones, also someone I've known for many years, on his day, this fed can seriously kiss his arse, because he is as good as he says he is. Rage... well, you know Rage, he scares the hell out of people, they fear facing him, he could just as easy take JT's spot on the card."

Gabriel listens

"Blade Alexander" Shane starts "He is absolutely hated here, but regardless of that, the guy is talented, gets under people's skin and well, the guy would take JT's spot without JT even noticing it. He is one hell of an athlete, we both know it, sadly, he knows it too. He would take JT's spot in seconds given half the chance.... not to mention the new guys"

"New guys?" Gabriel asks

"Kain" Shane says "We both know who Kain is, you beat Kain in one hell of a match in the AWA. The guy was the World Champion there for a reason, he never lost! He beat everyone put in front of him until he faced you"

Gabriel smirks at Shane

"Well, it was me after all" Gabriel says confidently

"Yes..." Shane says "But it woulda pissed him off enough to try and kill you in a rematch if that whole ankle breaking thing never happened"

Gabriel shrugs

"We also have Goth here, now I don't know what Mark was thinking signing that bag of shit up, but we know what he can do" Shane says

"Also know what he can't do here" Gabriel says "Strip me of my titles here"

Shane takes another sip of his drink

"Yes" Shane says "But he is a top guy on his day and can take on a lot of this roster with some degree of ease. Plus these other new guys in like JC Bloodstone, Steve Scanlon and Hangman Hawkins... I've heard big things about these guys"

"So?" Gabriel says

"So.." Shane replies "If JT doesn't win this match, he knows he's gonna lose his place at the top, will no longer be the 'face' of Sin City Wrestling and would have to drop all the way back down to just midcarding on TV. No one would take him seriously, no one would even consider him to headline a Sin City Wrestling show again. He knows this Gabriel so he will give you everything he has, even if it kills him, even if it physically breaks him, he knows he has to come at you, so don't underestimate him in the slightest"

"I don't underestimate anyone" Gabriel replies confidently "But I think that I'm in his head enough to know I can beat him at will. That I can pick him apart. I'm confident in what I can do and I know JT, I can get under his skin. I am more then ready to end this with him and move on to my next challenge."

"That would be Blaque Hart or Nick Jones" Shane says

"I know" Gabriel replies "I'll be watching that match with interest, as well as Goth's match"

"Goth..." Shane says rubbing his chin "I don't know why he came back to go for Despayre"

"May be something to do with the fact Despy kicked the shit out of him in the AWA?" Gabriel says smirking

Shane smiles

"More then likely" Shane replies. "Maybe Synn can help explain that one. He was the one who stormed out of the locker room to have a word with the boss"

Gabriel stands up and walks over, grabbing a full looking bag and putting it over his shoulder.

"Let's go find out" Gabriel says

Shane nods and the duo both stand up and walk towards the exit.

10.15 am

The scene starts in the home of Despayre and Synn. Synn, Rage, Fantasia and Despayre are seen sitting around in a living area. Huge sofa's are seen spread around the room. Fantasia and Synn are seen sitting on one each, while Despayre sits on the floor with Angel in front of him. Gabriel and Shane walk in to the room, Shane holding Lightning under his arm.

"Sorry we're late" Gabriel says adressing the room "But the horse wanted to stop off for donuts.

Despayre looks up and sees Shane holding the horse.

"HORSEY!" Despayre yells out

Shane spins his attention to Despayre.

"Oh, uh yeah" Shane stumbles out "We found him on the way here"

"*cough*bullshit*cough*" Gabriel mutters

Shane shoots Gabriel a sharp, narrow eyed look

"Said he was looking for his buddy Despayre" Shane says with a smile

Despayre stands up and looks at Shane

"Shane" Despayre says "I know you're lying"

Shane raises his eyebrows

"How do you know that?" Shane asks "Did Angel tell you that?"

Despayre shakes his head really fast

"No, two reasons, one.." Despayre says seriously "Your lips moved so I know you are lying, and two, I have never seen that horse before in my life!"

Gabriel, Synn and Fantasia stiffle laughs, while Rage just shakes his head.

"Ugh... uh" Shane stumbles out "But he's seen you on TV with Angel and wants to be your friend"

Despayre walks over to the horse and Shane hands him over

"Ok" Despayre says with a smile.

"Hey bud" Gabriel says to Despayre "Why don't you show Lightning the house"

Despayre smiles at Gabriel, who rests a hand on his shoulder

"Ok, will you be here when I get back?" Despayre asks.

"Of course" Gabriel says

Despayre nods and he, Angel and Lightning disappear through a door. Shane and Gabriel take a seat.

"Ok guys" Gabriel starts "I haven't got long, I'm heading right to Vancouver from here to shoot Supernatual and no Synn, you can't come, the restraining order still stands"

Synn looks disappointed but stands up, addressing the group.

"Ok" Synn says "I'll make this quick. I went to see Mark Ward and I asked him about Goth. He told me he did sign Goth, he told me he did it so Despayre can get a little revenge on Goth for the hell he put us through in the AWA."

"And you believe him?" Rage says in his deep voice "I wouldn't trust that guy"

Synn shakes his head slowly

"No, I don't" Synn says "I don't trust his word but it gives us the oppotunity to do to him here, what he did to us. You see, he has no power or influence here. He has no connection to our bosses here, he can not minipulate them in to doing his will"

"He will try" Gabriel says

"I expect he will" Synn replies looking at Gabriel in the eyes "But we have the advantage here. Before, we was playing on his field, his turf. Here, he has no influence, we do. Shane, you grew up with Mark Ward. Rage, Fantasia and I have wrestled alongside both he and Christian Underwood. We have the power here, not Goth"

"You have a plan?" Fantasia asks

Synn smiles

"Don't I always?" He says

The group nod

"You see..." Synn starts "He wants Joshua, he came here for Joshua. Before, he had his little AWA group to back him up. I do not see them with him this time, I don't think Goth is smart enough to bring his AWA cronies with him to Sin City Wrestling. The roster here is very loyal, protective of what is being built. Each and ever member of that locker room is part of building this federation in to the best in the world. They know it, we know it. If an invasion force from another federation tried to enter Sin City Wrestling, I feel that the roster will rebel against them. They will stand up to these invaders and deal with them. That leaves Goth very clear for us to take care of."

The group smile

"And the 'Teddy bear murderer?'" Gabriel asks

"Mark Ward says he doesn't know who it is" Synn replies "Seems jealousy is rearing it's ugly head around here"

"Could it be a new guy?" Fantasia asks

"I don't think so" Shane chips in "This guy knows a little about us. He knows Despayre's link to Teddy bears, he knows we live by sin. This guy has been watching us and wants something from us"

"Someone from the past?" Gabriel says "Like Goth?"

"Definately not Goth" Synn says "He's not smart enough for this, he'd do something dark and mysterious. I think this guy is already in Sin City Wrestling, someone who sees us as a threat, as for who, I don't know."

Gabriel sighs

"We need to find out" Gabriel says "I don't like people who try to make a name off us, I don't like people who hide in the shadows instead of having the balls to stand face to face"

"Whoever he is, I'm sure our little riddler will strike again" Synn says "We will deal with him"

"Or her" Fantasia says

"Or her" Synn repeats.

Gabriel stands up

"I gotta cut this short, I gotta hit the road" Gabriel says "I'm taking my baby, my Veyron, to Canada to film this episode, I'll hook up with you all Friday night, or over the weekend to talk about this suspect list more. Will fly back on Friday and leave the car with someone up there, fly back there on Monday, finish filming and drive back"

"When are they showing this episode?" Fantasia asks

"Sixth of January 2012" Gabriel replies

"Have fun" Shane says "Go find yourself some cute demon chick or something, and get an early Christmas present"

Shane winks at Gabriel as he leaves the room. Gabriel wonders through the house and to the outside of Synn and Despayre's beautiful place. Gabriel gets to his Veyron and looks across, only to find Despayre sitting in the passenger seat, holding both Angel and Lightning.

"WHAT THE...!" Gabriel yells out "How did you get in here?!?! It's a two point four million dollar car with super security"

Despayre shrugs

"Wasn't difficult" He replies

"If you wasn't such a good wrestler" Gabriel starts "You'd make a great car theif"

"Thank you" Despayre says "How long will it take us to get to Canada?"

"Us?" Gabriel asks

"Yes" Despayre replies "Us, as in me, and you and Angel, and Lightning"

"Erm" Gabriel says slowly

A tap on the drivers side window distracts Gabriel. Gabriel turns to see Synn standing there with a smile.

"Care to explain this?" Gabriel says to Synn, while moving his head towards Despayre

"Sure" Synn says "He knew you was going to Canada, to film Supernatural, think the rest explains itself"

Gabriel tilts his head looking at Synn, but Synn looks past him

"Joshua" Synn says "Did you put your bag in the trunk?"

Despayre nods

"Yes" He replies before looking at Gabriel "The security wasn't very good on that either"

"Good" Synn says with a smile before handing something through to Gabriel

"Here's Joshua's passport, have fun" Synn says with a grin on his face.

Synn walks away from the car window and Gabriel looks across at a smiling Despayre.

"This is gonna be so much fun, I'm gonna get to meet Ellen again, and and and I'm gonna get to see you kill some baddies and and and I brought some music for us to listen to on the way" Despayre says excitedly

Despayre reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a CD and hands it to Gabriel

"The best of Britney Spears?!?!?" Gabriel says in disbelief "Oh god!"

"ROAD TRIP!" Despayre yells out as Gabriel starts to reverse the car.

Gabriel starts to think to himself

Ok, over 1100 miles to Vancouver, I have a supercar that top speed is 267 miles per hour, if I break every speeding law and risk my life, I should get there without listening to this god awful CD a lot.... So worth the risk!

Thursday 8th December - 10am

The set of hit Television show, Supernatural, is seen. Stage hands, prop designers, cameramen, extras all move around quickly, most listening to instructions from producers and the director. Gabriel's black and red Bugatti Veyron Super Sports pulls in to the private parking lot of the set. Despayre springs out the passenger seat as soon as the car stops, shortly followed by Gabriel turning the car engine off and climbing out.

"You know" Despayre says "I should bring that CD along every time"

"Why?" Gabriel asks

"Because you drove super fast when I played it" Despayre says "It got us here last night so quickly. I think it motivates you to drive faster then a granny"

Gabriel fires Despayre a look while Despayre innocently smiles back.

"Hey!" Despayre says excitedly "it's Sam and Dean! Sam and Dean! Gabriel, It's Sam and Dean!"

Gabriel looks across to see Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki, the actors who play Sam and Dean Winchester on the show, sitting on the hood of the characters car, a 67 black Impala. Gabriel smiles as he and Despayre walk towards them.

"Looks like I'm back to save the Winchesters again" Gabriel says with a smile

"Hey!" Both Jared and Jensen say together.

Both men extend their hands and shake hands with Gabriel.

"You brought Despayre with you" Jensen says, shaking Despayre's hand "Good to see you buddy"

"You didn't bring Synn, did you?" Jared asks nervously

Gabriel smiles

"No" Gabriel says, "Your restraining order is still working"

"Oh thank god" Jared says quickly, almost meshing the words in to one.

"Where's Ellen?" Despayre asks

Jensen puts a hand on Despayre's shoulder.

"She's not..." Jensen starts

Despayre looks up at Jensen

"She might be in later" Jensen says, while looking across at Jared, with his arms out wide and shaking his head.

"What?" Jensen says "You didn't see the eyes dude!"

"Let me show you the set for the first scene" Jared says

He and Jensen lead Gabriel and Despayre through a door and in to a bar scene.

"This is the Krimson Kiss" Jared says "Catchy, eh?"

"As catchy as an STD" Jensen replies

Jared and Jensen look at each other

"What?" Jensen says "STD's are pretty catchy"

Gabriel smiles, having partly missed the fun and games with both Jensen and Jared.

"Where's Despayre?" Jared asks

Gabriel looks around but his little buddy has seemed to have disappeared

"No clue" Gabriel replies "But he tends to turn up randomly"

A huge crash is heard from the distance.

"And there he is" Gabriel replies "Excuse me, I better..."

Gabriel darts off in the direction of the crashing sound, leaving the focus on Jensen and Jared.

"I miss these guys" Jared says genuinly

"You can become a wrestler and hang around with them" Jensen replies "Means you can get all cosy with Synn"

Jensen makes a kissy face at Jared.

"Good point" Jared replies "I don't miss them that much"

9.30pm

The Krimson Kiss setting is seen and Gabriel is seen sitting on the bar, dressed as normal with the Sin City Wrestling's top prize, the Heavyweight championship resting on his lap.

"Now if you don't know about this part of my segments that I do, you need to clear the crap from your eyes, and your ears and listen" Gabriel says seriously "This is the part where I focus, focus on my opponent, focus on who I will be defeating this week. Sadly again, I'm focusing on you JT Underwood. You again, the man that get's more undeserved shots then anything else. Usually I'm nice but now JT, it's going slightly beyond nice. I'm gonna have a little chat about your record here, because I think it's very important that you see this JT, very, very important. Let's take a look at you, let's take a look at your status, let's take a look at why you think you deserve this. Last week, you put on a hell of a match, but you fell short. I think you know if the match continued, you were too tired to put up much more of a fight. You would have fallen. Our tag match JT, I teamed with Kittie, you teamed with Misty. Did you win that match? No JT, you didn't. At High Stakes, another main event, did you win that one? Nope, another loss. You fail constantly when it comes to main events. Is it the pressure JT? Is it? It looks like it to me. The pressure of the big crowd, the top match, a way to be adored by so many and you constantly fail JT. You're like one of lives biggest losers. You try so hard but you fail on every single occasion. It's like you just don't want that spotlight enough JT. God knows you've been given chance after chance to impress, but time after time, you let everyone down. You're out of chances JT, this is your last. I don't want you in my main events no more, you're becoming more and more undeserving."

Gabriel tilts his head, looking down the camera

"Oh you try very hard" Gabriel says "Let us not dispute that fact but as much as you try, the more you fail. Have you ever heard the phrase 'trying too hard'? Next to that definition JT, there should be a picture of you because it's what you do every damn time. You reinvent yourself consistantly to make yourself more loved, to make people sit up and notice. It's worked on the bosses of Sin City Wrestling for contanstly giving you main event status, but still, it doesn't cut the ice with me. You went on about me being in a crowd a while ago JT, but after I take away your last shot at main event status, it will be you lost in the crowd, you searching for a way to be noticed once more"

Gabriel clears his throat

"Your last promo was piss poor JT, I expected so much better and you let me down" Gabriel says with a little disappointment in his voice "I expected so much more, god knows how you even got away with a draw when you put that out. If you pull out something like that again, I will destory you without even considering things. I want better from you JT, you need to be better or you will never get this title belt from me."

Gabriel pauses for a second

"It's nice to know you have faith in yourself but you need more then faith to defeat me" Gabriel says "You will need everything you have to beat me"

Gabriel looks down at the belt resting on his lap.

"Because this thing right here..." Gabriel says pointing down "This is my power JT, this is what drives me on to be better, this is what will push me to beat you"

The camera moves closer to Gabriel's face.

"And that JT" Gabriel says slowly "That is something you can really believe in"

The camera fades out
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>