Author Topic: Lose Yourself  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Kid Karma

• View Profile
    • Kid Karma
Lose Yourself
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »
 Every day in our life we are faced with decisions, hundreds upon thousands. Whether it is what shirt to put on after we wake up, whether or not we need that morning shower, whether or not we should take the time to eat breakfast, whether or not we go to work...we have to decide. It could be something insignificant at the time, perhaps, taking a dog for a walk...which in fact, if you did decide to do it, your dog could unhinge himself from your leash, rushing into the traffic and ultimately end up getting run over by a big-rig. A decision as little as that ends up in a fatality. Each decision, how insignificant it may seem, is just as important as the next.

An example of such a situation could perhaps be pursuing a dream of becoming a professional wrestler. With occupations such as lawyers, doctors, policemen, firefighters, construction workers, office workers, technicians, ghost busters, and so on...what would influence a man to pursue a dream as a wrestler? A sport like wrestling is a very risky occupation...one day you could be on top of the world, the next day you could be in the ER with a broken neck. It's a sport not intended for the weak, and as such, the reason why Kid Karma has chosen this road in his life. A life that holds an unpredictable future, one in which could end up in hundreds of different outcomes...with only a few leading towards a prosperous end.

He comes here, to SCW with high hopes, and to meet his expectations it is not going to be easy. There are plenty of good wrestlers here in Sin City. This coming week, he will have to face not just one of them… Wyatt Peterson. But that same night he fights in a Gauntlet. But it’s for more than just pride, or record, or confidence. It is for the gold… Kid Karma has always dreamed of having the title of a Champion… Did he expect to get the opportunity to take that dream and make it real on his debut night? Not at all. And he will certainly not let the SCW staff down. He will show everyone why in fact he is allowed in this match, and why he has come to this federation. The opponents he is facing won’t just be standing in the ring with him. They will be standing in the way of his shot at the greatest recognition in SCW. One night can change his entire career. Not only is it his debut night, not only is it a PPV, not only does he have 2 matches, not only does he get to destroy nearly every male wrestler on SCW’s roster, but if all goes as planned, he can walk out of that building, with a record of 2-0, a belt around his shoulder, the fans behind his back, and the title of the first ever SCW Heavyweight Champion.

No more false promises, no more evading the inevitable...it's time a new force enter this federation, a new force step into the SCW squared-circle and show these other guys what wrestling is all about...not the money, not the recognition, not the sales...it’s about one thing, one underlying thing...the sport. Some people wrestle for income, others do it purely for being recognized, the glory. While glory and fame is a plus to this career, it is not number one on Karma’s list of things to achieve. He is here to wrestle, to enjoy the sport, and become THE BEST this company has ever seen. At first, his talent will be questioned...is he a fluke? Is he for real? Tom Brady of the New England Patriots was asked the same questions...until he won the Super Bowl...Three Times. Anyway, the one thing that will become Kid Karma’s trophy is that world title belt. If he can manage to win the main event and become world champion, he would instantly become a legend. Just like that, overnight legend. He would be the first World Champion SCW has ever had, and his name would be etched in the history books for all to see.

He only has to go through eleven other men… A walk in the park right?

\'user

[[ We fade in to SCW’s next legend, Kid Karma, sitting on a black leather couch, arms spread out over the back. He has a remote control in one hand, head leaned back, relaxing. The faint noise of the television in the background can be heard, resembling that of a TV Game Show. Some woman is screaming "Show me the Money!"...followed by a man's voice shouting "Show us your tits!"...a few moments pass and you can hear the masculinity in the crowd with an uproar of cheers, symbolizing that in fact, she showed them her breasts. Karma shakes his head in disgust and flicks the television off. He tosses the remote control on the nightstand next to the sofa and looks into the camera. ]]

[Kid Karma] -Wow, it’s a shame what people will do for money these days...

[[ Kid Karma cracks his neck side to side and stands up. He slowly walks over to his refrigerator, opens it up, and pulls out a 6-Pack of Miller Genuine Draft. The cold alcohol sits atop his wooden countertop. Kid Karma returns with a bottle-opener and pops the top on one of them. He tosses the cap in the garbage, picks up the bottle and walks toward the center of the living room. ]]

[Kid Karma] - Too bad they didn't have any actual talent or point in life...then they could earn an honest living.

[[ He takes a swift drink out of the cold bottle. ]]

[Kid Karma] - If you ask me...that low-life’s could rot in hell for all I care.

[[ Karma walks over to the picture-window and stares amongst the many buildings covering the midnight air. A few stars can be seen through the spaces in between the towering buildings, enough to make this view semi-pleasable. He takes another sip of his MGD. ]]

[Kid Karma] - Play your Instant Lottery Games, join those pathetic game shows, beg for money, cry for money, sell yourself for money...do anything but earn it right? Is that how it goes? Is America too damn stupid to earn their income now? Are us wrestler’s part of a dying breed? A dying breed of hard working men and women...I surely fucking hope not.

[[ He puts the bottle on the table and sits back down, picks up the remote, and starts flicking through channels. ]]

[Kid Karma] -You know, it’s about time someone in that group gets some recognition. I mean, there are a lot of hard working wrestlers out there, but, I work harder. I train harder, I fight harder. And now I finally get some glory. This is my shot; this is my chance to show my fans and the rest of the world that I am worth something, that I am a world champion. And what better place to do it than in the Sin City. Before I end this short, I just have one more question to ask you... People of Las Vegas…

[[ He reaches over with his free hand and grabs the Miller bottle, taking a giant swig of it. ]]

[Kid Karma] -Are you ready?

[[ He puts the bottle back on the table. ]]

[Kid Karma] - You damn well better be.

[[ Kid Karma looks at the camera and winks. He aims the Remote Control at the camera and presses the power button. The scene fades to black. ]]

PART TWO

When someone challenges you, what do you do? Are you one of those people who cower away at the thought of confrontation? Are you one of those people who step up to the challenge? Maybe your one of those people who steps up to the challenge and then some… We’re talking about those people who, when faced with confrontation, respond quickly with either a physical beating or witty retort. Those kinds of people both have strengths. The ones who have a harmful response are strong physically. And the ones who come up with witty retorts are the ones who are strong mentally. Now, every once in a while someone comes along who is both physically strong and mentally strong. If you had to name someone who are both, the first type of people that would come to your mind are athletes. Athletes are physically strong, and while not all are what you would call bright, some are rather intelligent. But there is another tier of these kinds of people. Every once in a while, earth is gifted with a Prodigy. Kid Karma is that prodigy. He responds to challenges and gives it his all to meet expectations. He has done it in the past and plans on continuing to do so here in SCW.

The challenge is not simple. But he has taken upon himself to embrace it. The challenge is: Win two matches in a row and in doing so win the SCW heavyweight title. The first match is against the cowboy, Wyatt Peterson, who has already lost a match here in SCW. The second match is a gauntlet match against eleven other men. These opponents are warriors. It seems Casey Williams is the favorite seeing as he is the only male wrestler that is 2-0, plus the fact that he will probably getting some help from his tag team partner. This seems like an advantage, but it only puts a huge target on his back. None of these men know how I fight, they don’t know my moves, and they don’t know anything about me. High Stakes is MY night. I will show who I am, how I fight, and I will not disappoint.

Many people wonder what makes a champion. Is a champion born into elite status? Or is a champion designed through extensive training throughout his/her career? Or perhaps a champion is merely someone in the right place at the right time? Apparently there is no universal answer to that question...it applies to the person, the place, and the situation. In SCW though, becoming a champion is more than just being in the right place at the right time. In order to become a champion in this company you need to be at the top of your game, and have the ability to beat a man at the top of his game. It's a battle of men who both want the rights to be called champion, and do not want to go home with the title of being branded......"loser". But at High Stakes...12 men will step into the very same ring, fighting for the very same right... Blade Alexander, JT Underwood, DJ Williams, Maoi, Blaque Hart Bruce Evans, Virgil, Wyatt Peterson, Casey Williams, Ryan King, Gabriel, Despayre, and of course, Kid Karma. Most of these men have proven that they should be in that ring...All of them are trying to prove they deserve to be the first to wear the SCW gold. This is a gauntlet match... 12 men...1 champion...what more can you ask for? The champion here though will be dubbed not by being in the right place at the right time, or merely the fact of being born a champion...a champion will be made here due to the fact that he DESERVES to be the rightful owner of this belt. All 12 of these men want that title...none of them want to lose…

What more can these men do but train harder than they could ever imagine. For guys like Kid Karma, this is the opportunity to shine and take that stride upwards. 12 men, focused and determined, will step into a ring to determine a champion. Sure, not all at the same exact time, but in essence, it might as well be. The fans have been waiting for this match. They have chosen their sides and will cheer accordingly. This is a battle of will, a battle of power, a battle of strength, a battle of.....adrenaline. Whoever wins this match will be given the opportunity to be the biggest name in this industry. Which of these 12 men is prepared to become that? It’s a huge opportunity for all of these men and none look to capitalize more than Kid Karma. A Shot at the WORLD TITLE? What more can a prodigy ask for? He has the will and the ability to succeed in an industry that he was destined to compete in. He could have simply chose the career of sitting behind a desk all day...putting out fires....collecting garbage, hell, teaching students for that matter. But Kid Karma chose the path of a champion, he chose a career where nothing comes easy, and glory, comes packed in a belt. This is Karma’s destiny, he chose it and he will live it out like a dream. Wrestling is not a sport for the weak at heart...he will do everything in his power to achieve greatness... The question is not whether or not he has the ability to win...he most certainly does...it's the question of whether or not he is mentally prepared for the brutality of this match. With what is at stake for Kid Karma, a make or break match...it seems almost obvious that he will become the victor of this match. He wants it more than anything else. He wants to be champion...he NEEDS to be champion.

Kid Karma just recently joined this federation. Little is known about him and seeing as he is going to be in the main event on his debut match he figured, he has got another camera man and has decided to cut another promo.

[[ The scene opens in a crowded hallway. Not just any hallway, it’s decently large and at the end of it a lot of light can be seen. It is wide but not long. The camera follows the hallway and shoots up, allowing the viewer to see the whole picture. A sign that says section 214 is hanging in the hall, and as the camera comes into the light it turns around and a huge crowd is seen, most of them in red. The camera turns back around and we now see we are at Busch Stadium, home of the St.Louis Cardinals. Its game 7 of the World Series and the Cardinals are playing the Texas Rangers, the game has not yet started. The camera turns back to the crowd and zooms in on the front row. There, wearing a Detroit Tigers hoodie is none other than Kid Karma. The prodigy sits there arms around the chairs next to him, and a smile on his face. ]]

[Kid Karma] -Great day for a ballgame isn’t it. Just like next Sunday is going to be a great day for a war. A war between twelve… how can I put it? Warriors. The fans are going to get the treat of a lifetime. We are going to give them a war. Like a baseball game. A war. Baseball has some slow moments, but there is always strategy, just like a wrestling match. Sometimes, the stronger team wins, just like sometimes the stronger fighter wins, and there are other times where the smarter team wins, just like in wrestling. Now what do you get when you are stronger and smarter than your opponent? You get my situation. I am more talented than these guys, stronger, and smarter. I can’t see how they can beat me in the ring, I really can’t. Sure they have a history, and some have an experience with championship matches, but as far as I am concerned; it’s my time to shine. And the perfect way for me to shine is to win that World Title belt. I can picture it now. That gold means more to me than most. I want so bad to be able to be the world champion, and this is my big chance. Oh, hold on one sec, its Pujols’s turn at batting practice.

[[ In the distance, at the entrance to the seating of the level, we can see Chris Choice talking to a reporter. Karma, knowing they are there, continues to watch, letting his manager do all the talking for now. He continues to watch and the look on his face is like he was a kid. So much joy over such a little thing.. Our camera pans farther to the left and focuses in on Choice and the Reporter as their voices grow louder. ]]

[Chris Choice] -[starting mid-sentence]...well that's what I tell him.

[Reporter] - Exactly, Karma has a bright future in SCW.

[Chris Choice] -[smiles] He sure does.

[Reporter] - So, has he been training pretty hard for this match-up? It's going to be a tough one for him.

[Chris Choice] -[rolls his eyes] Has he ever...I don’t think a minute has gone by where he wasn't training or thinking about training...I support him one hundred percent, but it has been awhile since we went out and had some fun.

[Reporter] - [laughs] so no bars or anything recently?

[Chris Choice] –Not until this PPV is over, no time.

[Reporter] – I see, dedication at its finest.

[Chris Choice]-You can bet on that.

[[ Kid Karma is now out of his seat staring onto the field, watching every pitch and hit.. following the ball with his eye, he is so into the game, and the “game” hasn’t even started.. ]]

[Reporter] – He is really into baseball it seems?

[Chris Choice] -Yeah, he wishes he were that good at baseball. He worships the tigers.

[Reporter] - Wow, I can tell. It’s kind of weird to wear a Tigers hoodie when they aren’t even playing.

[Chris Choice] -[changing subject] So, why are you here today? Did an SCW executive send you?

[Reporter] - Oh I'm sorry, I didn't properly introduce the reasoning as to why I am here. I was sent by the SCW Head Office to get a few words in from you before his match at High Stakes.

[Chris Choice] -Well he's a little busy right now. He doesn’t like being interrupted when he is watching the game...what do you want, I can answer a couple for him.

[Reporter] - That'll work...I can get your opinion on the matter too. I'll start off easy here....basically, what do you think of this matchup? Do you think Karma will fare well, dominate, or lose?

[Chris Choice] -Definitely not lose, he does not have losing in his blood. He knows how to win and nothing but. He has trained too hard to let this match slip through his fingers, trust me, I know. It’s a fact… Kid Karma will walk out of that ring with the gold around his shoulder.

[Reporter] - Well said. Now Kid Karma has stated before, he thinks he is a better wrestler than the other eleven opponents he must face. However, with all their experience, how could this possibly be true?

[Chris Choice] – The fact is, no one knows Kid Karma. And although it may seem he has less experience professionally wrestling. He is better than them in every other aspect. A rookie in sports sometimes outplays a veteran, and the only think Karma can do is prove it all in the ring at High Stakes.

[Reporter] - Ok, because a few of us were wondering about that. Now do you think I could get a hold of Karma for about 2 seconds? I know the head office would be a little angry if I didn’t get at least a couple words with him.

[Chris Choice] -Sure, I'll get him.

[Reporter] - Thanks...

[[ Chris walks over to Karma who is still watching batting practice. He looks excited and his head tilts toward the sky, a foul ball was just hit his way, he puts one leg on the seat without looking down, and stands up. Reaching for the sky he catches the ball bare handed.. With a child—like smile still on his face, he lifts his glasses up and analyzes the ball in his hands. Still excited he sees Choice walks over and greets him with a quick fist bump. He smiles at him and explains. ]]

[Chris Choice] – Yo man, that reporter over there wants to talk to you about SCW.

[Kid Karma] - Really? Damn… Alright well…

[Chris Choice] -Yeah, he doesn't seem to be too weird, I'd just answer a couple questions and send him packing.

[Kid Karma] – Yeah, that sounds fine.

[[ The two of them walk back to the reporter who was waiting patiently. Karma shakes his hand upon arriving. ]]

[Kid Karma] – Hey man, how can I help you?

[Reporter] - Hi, I am here from the SCW offices just to get a few words from you before your Main Event match against nearly the entire Sin City Wrestling Roster.

[Kid Karma] - Ok, ask away…

[Reporter] - Well, are you ready? I know you've been preparing like crazy for this match, but are you emotionally ready for your debut match?

[Kid Karma] – Of course. I have no doubt in my mind I more mentally and physically prepared then every single one of my opponents. And yes, main events... they require a lot out of a man. But so does sex, and I’m great at that…

[Chris Choice] – I’ve never seen someone so determined to do something, I can honestly say I will be betting on this match, because Kid Karma is a lock, in both matches.

[Kid Karma] - I need to show SCW who I am and what I am capable of doing. They have only heard myths of what I can do in the ring and that alone is not enough to send shivers down my opponent's backs. After my match at High Stakes they will realize why I am the Prodigy. I am simply here to give the fans a show, and win the Gold. After that, I could care less, as long as that gold belt is still around my waste. And they are all in my way of winning that Gold.

[Reporter] - Well put, so you are ready...what did you make of Wyatt's attitude in his previous promo. He seems to know he shouldn’t underestimate you. However his manager tells him otherwise.

[Kid Karma] – Like I have said before, his manager knows nothing, and I’m glad his manager is an idiot, I won’t have to worry about him cheating. He is slightly smart for not underestimating me, but entering the ring with me in there is where he becomes stupid. He has no chance against me and I’m not going to underestimate him either, but from what I know about myself, I am number one. At High Stakes I will show him that there are two aspects to wrestling...physical and psychological. After out match, not only will he respect me even more, but his manager is going to regret ever thinking I was “nothing”.

[Reporter] – So your first match seems like a lock to you, but that same night you need to step into the ring once more and wrestle eleven more people including Wyatt once again.

[Kid Karma] - [laughs] Do you really think Wyatt is going to make it out of the ring with me, able to fight that same night? You are crazy.

[Reporter] – Alright, well then ten other opponents…

[Kid Karma] - [shakes head while smiling] Ten may seem like a big number, but the main factor in this match is going to be endurance. All the men in the main event will have already fought, the real test will be fighting twice in one night. I can do that. I have the will power…and most of all I have that endurance.

[Reporter] - Ok, well that's basically the core of my questions, I'll let you get back to the game. Take care and best of luck to you in your debut matches.

[Kid Karma] – Thanks man, I appreciate it.

[Reporter] - G'day.

[[ The reporter begins to walk away but the cameraman stays. Karma holds his arm and looks directly into the camera. ]]

[Kid Karma] - Blade, JT, DJ, Maoi, Bruce, Virgil, Wyatt, Casey, Ryan, Gabriel, and Despayre. Let this be your only warning. Dare step into that ring with me and think you will make it out the champion, you better check yourself.

[[ Pause ]]

[Kid Karma] – High Stakes is upon us…

[[ Pause ]]

[Kid Karma] -Are you ready?

[[ Scene cuts to black. ]]

Like Karma said, this match is a war. Just like baseball. In every war there are winners and there are losers.  Kid Karma hopes that he is on the winning team. This battle with the half of SCW’s roster is on his mind. 12 warriors step into that ring, and after the blood and sweat is all over the ring, one of them will be victorious. And unlike baseball, there are no extra innings, there are no strikes, you don’t get three outs. You get ONE shot… ONE opportunity. And if you blow it, it’s over. A dream can be crushed. We have seen it happen many times before. The ring is a place where dreams are made and broken. And after High Stakes, Kid Karma intends to continue his dream to be World Champion. He will stop at nothing until he becomes world champion. If it’s not his time now, it will soon be. No force can stop him, even if he is knocked down, he will keep getting up, keep coming at you, keep fighting. And he won’t stop until he gets what he wants, he can’t stop. And he wants gold, it’s so close to him right now he can feel it. So first, beat the brainless Cowboy, then win the World Title, after that continue his dominance. The world will be in his hands if he can just finish his dream.

Sure, has not the only person who falls asleep at night and dreams about gold. About being world champion. But the difference is he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. His heart is bigger than anyone else’s, and it doesn’t matter if he injures himself in the process, he will do WHATEVER it takes to win gold.

Karma has made his last appearance before the big dance and all that's left is to put aside the trash-talking and prove his worth in the ring. Who is ready? Who will be victorious? Who will be the man that can back up his words? Karma knows he has some fans on his side, but can he satisfy them? Will Kid Karma put on a show that they have been waiting for? He sure hopes so...'cause come Sunday Night, on High Stakes, he will lay it all out on the table. Judgment Night is right...because he will be judged. Kid Karma has said all he can...it's now time to finish them off.
user posted image