Author Topic: Wrestler versus Fighter  (Read 416 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
Wrestler versus Fighter
« on: March 20, 2020, 08:01:20 PM »
 Stephen Callaway sit's in a beige room lit up by a lamp as it's late at night.

Stephen Callaway
"Well I lost. A few weeks ago I was the number one contender to the Roulette Title against Griffin Hawkins in the main event of Climax Control in my home town just a ten minute car ride from my home.

It was all there on a silver plate and I still failed.

I sat in the Hamilton Accies dressing room that night and I felt about as bottom as they come.

Then I wasn't booked for a few weeks.

Was it because I failed? Was it because of a simple rotation thing where not every Sin City contracted athlete can appear on every show? Probably the latter. I hope it is anyway. But either way it gave me time to rest up and lick my wounds. Granted some cuts and bruises were harder to reach than others, but it gave me time to heal, to rest, to think about if I'm really ready for this."

He stops talking to drink from a mug with "World's Best Wrestler" written on it.

Stephen Callaway
"Then I got booked against Ferns. Ferns? Ferris? Fenis? And yeah he's apparently said some pretty mean things. Some of which were true. Probably. But it wasn't what he said that got me.

No.

It's what he did.

A failed MMA guy. See, he goes to MMA. It's not my thing, but if it's yours and you want to go there you do you. He cobbles together a meh career. Speaking of, have a word with who ever you got to compose your bio as he can't count. Three EliteXL Title losses plus A OK is four losses making it: 8/4/2.

But I digress.

Ferns has a meh career in MMA before he rage quits and storms out. SO what does he do? Comes to wrestling.

What is it with wrestling? Fail at MMA, go to wrestling. Fail in the NFL, go to wrestling. Fail at Basketball, go to wrestling. Fail at E-sports go to wrestling. What's next? Fail at tiddlywinks, go to wrestling?

So he goes to wrestling. He then wins the Sin City title and thinks this means he's the best. It doesn't. I'm a former six time heavyweight champion and it means nothing. I looked at the stats and you've had a grand total of two matches in 2020. Where you been man? I get rotating the roster but wrestling twice in three months?

That a thing with you ex MMA guys. Wrestle one match and piss of for the rest of the month?

Me? I've had five matches and I'd wish it was more. Now I admit the result of those matches were not what I'd have liked them to be. I'm willing to blame them on the fact that Sin City has such an amazing roster that I, as a former six time heavyweight champion, can't pick up many wins.

That said Fenis, I see our match at Climax Control as one that could go either way. I know a lot more holds and wrestling moves than you do. Hell, I've prolly forgotten more moves than you will ever know.

Yet you probably know your way round a body better than I do. You know how to manipulate joints better than I will even with the amount of wrestling moves I know. You will probably hit harder with your bare tootsies than I will do with my taped up fists.

Ferny, I'll admit it. I'm excited to find out if I have what it takes to beat you or not. I'm excited to get in that ring, be it in front of five people, five thousand or five million and find out if you are as good as you like to think you are or if you're just a flash in the pan pretending to be a wrestler until you're shown up for being the fraud you are.

And what would that make you? You see Finton, you've come in here and you've won the Sin City Title. You're probably sat right now mocking me for my lack of winning here in Sin City.

So what happens if I win? If I'm the loser that can't win, what are you if you can't beat me?"

He leans forward obviously switching the camera off and we plunge to black.