Author Topic: What was I thinking?  (Read 268 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
What was I thinking?
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:48:52 AM »
 Early morning breaks somewhere in California. A man is seen sitting on a bench as the sun starts to peek up above the tall surrounding buildings. The camera moves closer to the man on the bench to see him as SCW star, Ben Jordan. Ben, wearing silver suit pants and a white shirt with three buttons undone, looks weary eyed as he squints. He looks around himself, looking to see where he is. Leafless trees surround him, and grass covers the floor, a park of some sort. He squints his eyes to see a lake in the close distances. A yawn escapes the Englishman's lungs, jumping out quickly before he can cover his mouth, as a cyclists moves past him. Standing up, he stretches his arms up, his body clicking as he stands.

Ben: Not even sure what the bloody hell I was doing last night to end up here.

Another yawn escapes his lips, this time, he quickly covers his mouth. A second or two passes before he speaks to himself.

Ben: Right Benny boy, think a bit here son. What the bloody hell did you get up to last night? Why the heck are we in a parky thing? And please tell me I still got me old dog with him.

Ben reaches in to his pocket, feeling around for a few seconds before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

Ben: Hello rover.

Ben puts his phone back in his pocket and looks around.

Ben: Yank parks always have coffee places in, right? Like some geezer who stands around selling coffee to everyone. Need to find me one of them, cause coffee right now would be proper blinding. Best place for a coffee gaff would be near a lake. Makes good business sense, people turn up, feed the ducks, buy over priced park coffee.

Ben starts walking towards the lake as he shakes his head, trying to get the mist to lift from his memory. More park goers come in to view, some sitting on the neatly cut grass lawn, others walking past on their way to work. Ben stops and looks around, looking in to the camera, jumping at the sight of it.

Ben: Blimey, how long have you been there?

He looks at the camera, as if to expect an answer.

Ben: You film me sitting on the bench there without me having a scooby about it and didn't even gimme a nudge or bring coffee. Listen son, you could get nicked for filming people without them knowing in a park, called voyeurism mate.

Ben breaks in to a smile as he looks at the man behind the camera.

Ben: Well as you're here, got a question or two to ask ya. One, do you have a scooby where I can get coffee around this place, and two, do you have any inkling of what I got up to last night?

The camera shakes from side to side as if to indicate no. Ben scratches his head as a frown forms on his face.

Ben: Well you're here for a reason, like be having a rabbit about me match with Grimm, eh?

The camera moves up and down and Ben smiles, giving a thumbs up to the camera.

Ben: To be honest, got a couple of things to have a chin wag about, but this bloke needs that stuff that someone describes to me as dirty dishwater.

Ben points towards the camera.

Ben: You know who you are.

A smile crosses the cockneys face as he winks. He points behind himself and jerks his head to the side.

Ben: Walk with me, talk with me, put up subtitles on the bottom for the people who can't work out what I'm banging on about. FYI, if you don't know the stuff dropping from me gob, please send this to Jonesy and he might find a bit of time to translate it for ya.

Ben turns to walk towards the lake, talking as he walks towards the gleaming water.

Ben: Last week was a bundle of fun wasn't it. First off having a giggle with The Surf Boys, then defeating them and winning a match with Jonesy carrying me arse, and getting an answer and present from Cons... Cheers for the bugs pants mate, never owned a pair like 'em before. To top it all off, Cons and Timmy went on to beat Raab and his fella to keep the tag belts, so I didn't look like a complete tit by making the challenge in the first place.

Ben turns and puts a thumb up to the camera.

Ben: Well done fellas, but that means that Jonesy and meself are likely to get a shot at those lovely jubbly belts at My Bloody Valentine II. That gets me more excited than a teenager in a titty bar. Connor, Tim, I'm looking forward to that more than you'll ever know, can't bloody wait.

A female jogger runs past Ben, raising her hand with a quick wave in Ben's direction.

Jogger: Hey Ben! Great night last night.

She continues to jog past, not stopping for any kind of conversation.

Ben: Alright darling... Wait...

Ben lowers his eyebrows in a look of confusion.

Ben: I have bugger all clue who the frick that was.

He quickly brushes it off with a shrug of his shoulders.

Ben: Moving on, where was I? Oh yeah, excited. That win over The Surf Boys kicked us in the right direction, and gave us a blinding chance to kick on from there by beating former tag champs, but tonight, me and Jonesy gotta do things on our own. I got Grimm, he got Goth.

Ben taps the side of his head.

Ben: I see what you're doing here boss men. I am smarter than the average Ben here. Anyone else remember when Grimm and Goth were tag team champions?

Ben winks.

Ben: This fella does. What these boss people have done is given me and Jonesy a chance against other former tag team champions but in singles matches, you smart fuckers you.

Two men stumble past Ben, one of them grabs his friend by the shirt with one hand and points to Ben, while talking to his friend.

Man 1: Dude! It's that guy!

Man 2: What guy man? I'm still a little drunk.

Man 1: That guy from last night.

He points to a confused Ben who looks at the two.

Man 2: OOOOOOH That guy!

The two move towards Ben, still looking confused.

Man 1: You was epic last night man! Completely epic.

Ben: Thanks fellas. It was fun...

Not having a clue what he's talking about, Ben nods at the duo and smiles.

Man 2: You so need to do that again. It was awesome.

Ben: Ummm, yeah, maybe. Anyway fellas, gotta be going, have a good un!

Ben gives a nod as the two men walk away, Ben looks down the camera confused.

Ben: I have no clue what I did last night, but sounds like drunk Ben had it large.

Ben turns to walk away a little more

Ben: Anyways, as I was saying, SCW pulled a great one off by putting me and Jonesy in single matches against tag team champions from the past, but this one means a little bit more to me. Not too long ago, Brother Grimm defeated me, which shocked more than a few peeps out there, honestly, it shocked me a little bit that Grimm got one over on me. I ain't saying I'm unbeatable or what not, but I think I didn't expect it. Me confidence was on a high, and I thought I was flying close to the sun, but like Icarus, I flew too close to the sun and me wings of wax and feathers disappeared and I came crashing down  and landed with a thump. Losing to Grimm, it opened me peepers and gave me a chance to have a proper butchers of what was happening around me. I should probably thank Grimm for grounding me a little bit, but I ain't gonna let that happen again.

Ben reaches the lake front before spying a coffee stall in the distance. He points his finger towards it.

Ben: That's what I'm talking about.

Ben starts to move in that direction but continues to talk.

Ben: It was a rough feeling after the match to come back to the dressing room knowing I lost, knowing I made mistakes out there and that I was so far off me game, everyone was playing something else, but it's something I learned from. It's something that I know I never wanna feel again, it was a downer for me, it kicked me square in the nuts and it was something I had to bounce meself back from. I did that, but like that team talk on football manager reminding the team to get revenge for the last match ya played against the same opposition, that's exactly the team talk I gave meself in an assertive tone, because I need to get meself a slight measure of revenge against one of the few geezers who can say they've beat me. I ain't talking about cheat and beat him up after the match for revenge, that ain't me kinda game, but I will be trying to get the three count.

Ben continues to move in the direction he wants to go, and people look at him as he passes.

Ben: Wouldn't be much of a wrestler if I wasn't trying to get the three count, know what I mean?

Ben reaches the coffee stall and the man's face instantly lights up with a wide grin.

Coffee guy: Ben! Good to see you! I thought you'd be passed out somewhere after last night.

Ben scratches his head and looks at the man as he holds a cup under a coffee machine.

Coffee guy: I've seen that look before and I got the cure for that. Coffee, black.

He reaches the disposable cup around and hands it to a grateful Ben.

Ben: Cheers mate, but I have no clue what I did last night.

The man tilts his head back, looking at Ben.

Coffee guy: It was awesome.

Ben: So I heard, but could do with a bit more than that.

The guy reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a phone. Tapping buttons on the front of it, he quickly unlocks the phone and navigates to where he wants to go. He holds the phone up towards Ben as a video plays....

VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM LAST NIGHT!

A clearly drunk Ben stands on a stage as the song "Sympathy For The Devil" starts to play. Holding a beer bottle for a microphone. Ben lips syncs along to the words, his lips pressed out in Mick Jaggar style.

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste"

He struts along the stage with his hand on his hip in true Jaggar style turning his head to the crowd with his lips pursed out. He reaches down and grabs his belt before whipping it off as a crowd of nearby women clap him. He reaches for the button and pops open his silver pants button before dropping his suit pants to the floor revealing Avengers boxer shorts. Completely missing the next verse out, he continues to lip sync in to the bottle.

"Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name"

Ben moves towards the table of women and jumps on a nearby chair, shaking his hips to the screaming women.

Back in the present, Ben shrugs at the man.

Ben: Pretty standard night out for me. At least I found me strides afterwards. Usually lose em.

Coffee guy: Same again tonight?

Ben nods his head at the man with a smile.

Ben: Wouldn't miss it.

The camera fades as Ben grins.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen