Author Topic: Starting over  (Read 322 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Starting over
« on: November 13, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »
 Tall white walls are seen as the camera opens, a villa type house, white from the ground to the top, where it's met by a slanted red roof on this two storey abode. Palm trees sway gently in the breeze by a pool as the camera moves slightly out, showing the surrounding area. The main building is seen to be on a slight hill, making the upstairs balcony cut in to the skyline behind. The camera moves down to the front of the building, showing a few steps, cut in stone, leading to a brown door, and the bottom of the steps, Ben Jordan stands, with a second person, a middle aged female with tanned skin and long flowing dark hair, holding a clipboard in her hand. Her hazel eyes stare around at the casually dressed Ben, standing in beige shorts, a white short sleeved buttoned up shirt, a pair of flip flops and brown fedora hat, with a black band around the base. On the floor sits a huge looking backpack, as if he was to take a camping trip, as well as another long bag. The woman speaks at Ben, with a heavy Spanish accent.

Woman: All you need to do Mr Jordan is sign here and she belongs to you.

Ben looks at the house with an admiring glance as the woman holds out the clipboard with a pen in her hand.

Ben: Let's do it darling.

Ben takes the pen and signs a document attached to the clipboard. He hands the board back to her and nods.

Woman: Congratulations Mr Jordan, you now own this wonderful villa.

Ben looks at the woman with a smile.

Ben: Thanks sweet, pretty damn happy to be here.

The woman reaches in to her pocket, pulling out a set of keys and handing them to Ben.

Woman: Are you sure you didn't want it.

Ben puts a hand up, quickly shaking his head sharply.

Ben: Nah love, fresh start and all that stuff you know. You get out there and enjoy that commission. Should be able to have a few wild uns with that.

The woman looks at Ben blankly, before nodding and smiling. She turns away and walks out of the camera shot. Ben looks up at the house before looking back towards the camera.

Ben: Alright people. As you probably figured out, I ain't homeless anymore.

Ben reaches down, picking up the backpack, lifting it over his shoulder as an "umpth" passes his lips. He reaches down once more, picking up the longer bag. He talks without looking towards the camera.

Ben: Welcome to my new gaff SCW people, right here in Havana, Cuba. Yep, I bought meself this nice little drum and it just so happened that I'd be working here in the same week, spooky eh?

Ben just turns his head to the camera with a slight nod.

Ben: This ain't a bad little place, admittingly, it's no bazzilion bedroom, underground place that I had back home, but it's got a few rooms, keeps the rain off me head and it's right where I can see the sea. Always did have a thing for the water. Oi camera guy, show the lovely people the water.

Ben flicks his head backwards, pointing towards the water as the camera man spins around, showing the almost clear blue seas crashing in to the walls of the Havana harbour in the not too far distance, wave after wave hitting the white walls as tall, shiny glass buildings are seen in the background. The camera moves back around to Ben, who is halfway up the stone steps. He waves out to the cameraman.

Ben: Come on, get ya arse in gear and keep up.

The camera moves up to catch up with Ben, who smiles at his watch on his left arm.

Ben: Took ya time, didn't ya?

He smiles down the camera before continuing.

Ben: I know you guys out there that are like the wise ol' owl are probably wondering how I can get a place out here like that, but I've been working on it for a bit. Turns out if ya have a bit of money, they welcome ya in to the country with open arms. So arms was open and I gave it a big hug. Sunshine in November, friendly people, a view like this, not too bad for a bloke from the East End of London.

Ben walks up a few more steps, reaching the front door and putting the key in the lock as the camera man keeps up with him.

Ben: I know a lot of my fellow work people don't watch these things so are probably wondering why Cuba. Quick refresher course for you people if you don't have the decency to watch peoples work. Basically I went home for a while with me then bird to try and be normal, me then bird decided to up and leave for no reason, giving me the Spanish Archer.... Ya know, El Bow. I got myself a little chunky, where me gut was hanging over me pants, Christian called me, saved me arse and gave me something to aim at, I lost me flab, came back, kicked Travis Nathaniel Andrews in the knackers, sold me place back home for more than it was worth cause I was selling it, gave pretty much everything I own to charity cause I didn't need it, what I did need, Christian was decent enough to let me ship it to Vegas to SCW HQ until I got a new gaff, spent me time in hotels on the tour and then bought this place.... Think that's it, right?

Ben stands as if he's waiting for an answer before nodding.

Ben: Good-o! Anyway so this right here is me fresh start, trust me people, can't get fresher than this.

Ben turns the key, the lock quickly clicking and Ben thrusts the door forward, walking inside the newly bought home. He beckons the camera man to follow and he does, stepping in a narrow hall leading to a bigger room. The camera moves inside to see the room is completely empty.

Ben: Now this me ol' mucker is what I mean by fresh, starting over again. There's not a bloody thing in here at all, not a thing, just emptiness.

Ben places the long bag down to his side, gently placing it on the floor and slides the backpack from his back.

Ben: But I got what I need for the night without having to worry too much.

Ben unzips the backpack, reaching in and pulling out a big clump of plastic, unrecognisable by it's form. He looks at the camera man, with lowered eyebrows.

Ben: What? It's a self inflating blow up mattress.

Ben continues to pull it from the bag before stopping and looking back at the camera.

Ben: Oh I bet I know what you thought... Dirty mind there.

The camera man stumbles for words behind the camera but Ben throws the blow up mattress on the floor, pressing a button on the side and watching air causing it to form and take shape. He drops the backpack on the floor and unzips the other bag, pulling a cooler from it and placing it on the floor.

Ben: We got beer which is proper essential to the Cockney lifestyle, so is entertainment.

Ben reaches in to the bag and pulls out a football, soccer ball to you Americans. He throws it in the air and catches it before looking back at the camera.

Ben: Look, I got a big ol' empty place here, and no one to yell at me for having a kick around in the house, telling me I'm gonna break things, cause there's no one else here and I got nothing to break anyway. So that's me entertainment sorted out there.

Ben bounces the ball on the floor before kicking the ball against a wall and watching it spin off in a completely different direction from where he's standing.

Ben: What? I didn't exactly say I was a Messi or Ronaldo with the ball at me plates, but I ain't half bad either.

Ben shrugs his shoulders as the mattress stops letting air in to it.

Ben: Now we spoke about the past with what I have done, you've looked at me present, and now we have to look at the future and in this geezers immediate future is a fella by the name of Brother Grimm.

Ben reaches down and grabs a beer from the cooler, quickly popping the top off.

Ben: This is a new one for me cause I've never faced this fella before, but I know what he's all about. I've seen him knock around here long enough to know what his deal is. You're like that classic horror story with the supernatural twist. Like you're not a straight up axe murderer slasher style bloke, you're the haunt the mind kinda guy. Me old Nan used to tell me stories like that to scare the daylights out of me for little things, like the boogeyman was gonna get me if I didn't eat me veg or something and I won't lie, it used to scare the bejesus outta me when I was a kid, but that's something I ain't anymore. I grew up a lot and you stop losing the fear. We're not born with fear mate, we're born in innocence, it's about fearing the unknown and what people put in our heads, but I'm not a geezer who lets fear overtake me at all.

Ben takes a gulp of beer, looking in the camera.

Ben: I learned a long time ago that fear in just in the head. It's nothing to do with just being a brave bloke or whatever, it's to do with telling yourself to be calm in some situations, so I'm not buying in to the whole fear thing in this one. I look at ya as a normal man, talented at what ya do, I mean every time that kid knows you're around, funky smells come from his direction, so you do what you do very well, but I don't have that fear that he has, I don't see this as more than another match. Halloween has gone to me, everyone's had their fun and sugar rushes this is back to business.

Ben tilts his head to the side, looking thoughtfully in to the camera.

Ben: Don't take me wrong mate, I'm not daft as a brush, I don't plan on taking ya any less serious because of who you are and stuff, you picked up some decent wins in your time and probably the most underrated star in SCW, shoulda moved on to bigger and better things by now, but ya stuck midcard with me. You probably deserve better son, but being as I see ya as a fella who should have gone on to better things by now, I'm gonna do what I can to get that win. I'm gonna do what I think I need to do to get meself noticed.

Ben takes another quick gulp of his beer.

Ben: Do you know mate, for a bloke who cleaned up in ACW, I haven't had a single title shot in SCW in any of my runs? Madness eh, while you have and won them, so I gotta look at you as a chance to prove meself to some people, to show them that I can hang. I mean I haven't lost too many matches in my entire SCW career, so a good win against you might make them take notice. I didn't come back just to make up the numbers. I came back to get meself known a bit more, to actually hit the ultimate goal of winning an SCW championship.

Ben moves around, sitting down on the blow up mattress.

Ben: I'm one of the very few that don't quickly run to twitter to moan about booking, you know who you are people, how about a bit of appreciation to people who work hard to give ya a spot on TV?

Ben places his hand out, palms out to the camera.

Ben: Me? I appreciate being on television and it doesn't matter if I'm taking on Brother Grimm or Mr Bean, you're getting my all in that ring, you're getting everything I got to say thank you to the fans. They spend their wonga to come see us, they deserve us to give it our all and Brother Grimm, that simply means that I'm bringing all I got to try and get past ya. I'm gonna bring to this one up a notch son cause I'm coming out swinging. I gotta impress to be noticed and you'll be a decent name to add to my list Grimm.

A thoughtful look crosses Ben's face, before turning slightly more serious.

Ben: Ya know Grimm, this whole year has been a bit of a nightmare for me. When you make someone your number one, help them all ya can and they just toddle off for no reason, it don't get much worse than that, it was my own personal hell. Nothing you can do to me in this match is gonna make it any worse than having lived through that, I'm all nightmared out from those months past, so I don't have to fear any mind game or whatever you throw at me. My feet were already warmed up by the fires of my own hell, yours isn't gonna effect me.

Ben places the beer next to him on the floor.

Ben: I appreciate the challenge and all that but I think with all the rubbish messing with my head this year, should be immune to ya games. Looking forward to getting in the ring with ya though.

Knock knock!

A voice yells out, Ben looks down the camera with a shrug

Ben: Probably a new neighbour or something.

Without an invitation, Jamie Dean walks in the room, wearing tight white shiny pants, a pink tank top and reflective sunglasses. Jamie pulls off his sunglasses.

Ben: The fuck?

Jamie: Beeeeeeeeeen!

Ben quickly gets to his feet, moving towards Jamie.

Ben: Are you following me still? I thought I got rid of ya in Puerto Rico.

Jamie moves next to Ben, his hand on Ben's shoulder as he looks him.

Jamie: You have to be so much faster than that to give me the slip.

Ben: Why couldn't you have been a True Blood vampire where I'd have to invite you in before ya walked in?

Ben sighs as Jamie looks around the empty room.

Jamie: I love what you've not done with the place, it's very... How would you put it?

Ben: Empty.

Jamie nods his head slowly, looking around the room more.

Jamie: Minimal. Yes, that's the term I would use.

Ben: Well, to be fair mate, I only moved in like ten minutes ago, haven't had a chance to work out if there's an Ikea around here or something.

Jamie: Ikea? Did the little redhead take your taste away when she left?

Ben can't help but smile at Jamie's wit as he shakes his head.

Ben: Nah, I just don't really need a lot to be honest. Why cook when ya got some places around here that sell fresh out the water fish? So don't need a lot in the kitchen. Bedroom, need a bed and wardrobe, in here, a sofa and TV.

Jamie: And how much of that do you have?

Ben nervously scratches his cheek with left hand.

Ben: Well, honestly, I got bugger all.

Jamie's eyes light up, a wide smile on his face as he looks at Ben.

Jamie: Do you know what that means?

Ben: That's I'm sleeping on the floor, drinking from a cooler and kicking a football around for entertainment?

Jamie playfully taps Ben on the arm.

Jamie: It means a shopping trip!

Ben opens his mouth widely, a big smile on his face and his palms open widely to his side.

Ben: That sounds.... fabulous!

Jamie cranks his neck back, a look of surprise on his face as his voice deepens.

Jamie: Really?

Ben: No, you muppet!

Jamie rolls his eyes at Ben as Ben smiles widely at him.

Ben: Don't be a plonker all your life mate. I don't really need a whole lot around here.

Jamie: But you need something, this place needs life, it needs character and who better to help you get character in to a place like this than me?

Ben: Because you're gay.

Jamie puts his hand on his chest, his mouth wide open as he looks at Ben with surprise.

Jamie: I am? I wish someone would have told me that? Although that does explain so many things!

Ben: Well ain't you a bundle of laughs.

A smile passes Ben's face as he looks away.

Jamie: It's stereotypical that every gay man knows the ins and outs of interior design.

Ben: Well, do you or don't you?

Jamie lifts his shoulders up in a shrug, as he tilts his head to the left and nods.

Jamie: Yeah, but it's still so stereotypical.

Ben: I know I'm gonna regret this but you wanna work your magic here.

Jamie: Of course, but first let's decorate this place.

Jamie nudges Ben in the side with his elbow, while Ben slowly shakes his head while looking at the floor.

Ben: Regretting it already.

Jamie rests his hand on Ben's shoulder.

Jamie: Now, let's talk heart shaped beds.

Ben: Let's not.

The camera starts to fade out as Ben and Jamie walk away from camera shot, heading towards the door of Ben's newly bought villa.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen